PDA

View Full Version : what you picture while listening to tool...

eulogy508
03-06-2003, 12:56 PM
I've seen this questions on some oher forums and thought I'd ask it for tool:

What people/things/places/colors, etc. do you picture while listening to certain tool songs??

For me,
I picture this ongoing spiraling staircase that opens up new worlds and things like that when I'm hearing "Lateralus".

When I hear "Bottom", I think of this man planning vengeance on the people who angered him.

When I hear "Opiate", I picture two evil men, on drugs probably, telling a girl they will rape her.

When I hear "Pushit", I kinda always picture people being injured in a mosh pit...

and so on.... so what do you picture?

Nirvana
03-06-2003, 01:06 PM
picture of my girlfriend... i dunno.. i just love her so much!

Again I Bumped Up My Post...

Meaningless Post:):-:(Nirvana):-:(

4th Eye
03-06-2003, 01:17 PM
I've said some of these before but i'll say them again...

Beginning of Reflection: Waterfalls and jungles
Triad: Roman empire and chariot races, all golden stuff
Flood: Lots of water...
Disgustipated "this is necessary"-part: Primitive african village
The Gaping Lotus Experience: Hippies
Jimmy: Night, shadows, distant lights
Parabola: The Parabola-video
Intermission: Circus
Die Eier Von Satan: Meeting of worshippers wearing hooded gowns in a dark room with few candles and torches. (I can't relate this to any Hitler stuff, like some of you do)

eulogy508
03-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by 4th Eye
I've said some of these before but i'll say them again...

Beginning of Reflection: Waterfalls and jungles
Triad: Roman empire and chariot races, all golden stuff
Flood: Lots of water...
Disgustipated "this is necessary"-part: Primitive african village
The Gaping Lotus Experience: Hippies
Jimmy: Night, shadows, distant lights
Parabola: The Parabola-video
Intermission: Circus
Die Eier Von Satan: Meeting of worshippers wearing hooded gowns in a dark room with few candles and torches. (I can't relate this to any Hitler stuff, like some of you do)

yeah, on intermission, i picture these crazy circus freaks... nah not really but kind of...

grtrthnone
03-27-2003, 01:54 PM
what i picture depends on my mood and the situation however mostly it gives me a sense of feeling instead of sight

FlamingEye
03-27-2003, 02:57 PM
-ions= powerlines
parabol= the forest from the video
parabloa= lots of colors from the guy turning to energy and the flaming eyes
Reflection= nature
stinkfist and sober= maynard singing them live the first time i saw Tool
h.= snakes
useful idiot= the kid maynard describes
aenema= water
schism= the blue color from the video and the alien people or whatever

umm thats all i can think of right now :-)

spyd3r
04-02-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 4th Eye

hehe

Thats just funny how Tool plays with some of their listeners.
Die Eier Von Satan is a receipe for Turkish hash cookies w/o egg. :P

But then again not everyone speaks or even understands german so the "evil" sound of a rally may seem to lead you to belive it has something ot do with the Fuerer. :P

4th Eye
04-02-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by spyd3r
Thats just funny how Tool plays with some of their listeners.
Die Eier Von Satan is a receipe for Turkish hash cookies w/o egg. :P

But then again not everyone speaks or even understands german so the "evil" sound of a rally may seem to lead you to belive it has something ot do with the Fuerer. :P

Not again this fuehrer stuff...I didn't think about fuehrer/Hitler, I thought it was about satan as the title says. I think Hitler wasn't satan...but who knows.
And I know it's a recipe, that satan-worshipper meeting was just my first image and when I listened to the lyrics more I was like what? Eggs? I do speak a little bit of german.

Macrame
04-04-2003, 12:54 AM
Disposition - I picture myself on a beach during the resolution of an all night kegger with a full moon and a slight breeze.

The Patient - I picture somebody traveling across a tie dyed spider web debating whether or not it's worth it to finish crossing or if he should just end it all right then and there

H - I picture a storm ... only the clouds are formations of skin and the rain is tears

Pushit - (my favorite song) I picture the scene from Titus (only the greatest movie in the world) when his daughter is standing on the stump in the swamp with her hands and her tongue cut off and you see her uncle approaching her asking how such a thing could happen to so sweet a lady.

eulogy508
04-05-2003, 08:33 AM
i have some more.....

disposition always reminds me of, well, watching the weather change, looking out the window and seeing the rain pour down.

reflection is of a epic journey that this man takes into the woods.... reflection is such a big, depressing as well as impressive song...

eulogy508
11-03-2003, 06:02 PM
*bump*

foursixandtwo
11-03-2003, 06:16 PM
I picture a lot of similar images that everyone here is describing.I think that is amazing how so many ppl can have the same thoughts on something none of us have ever seen!! I also picture a storm when I hear H. A river,maybe something like th Nile-very dreary and gloom.

satanseggz
11-04-2003, 01:08 PM
what i picture depends on my mood and the situation however mostly it gives me a sense of feeling instead of sight

i get the same thing....its not necessarily one specific image...just how i feel.

The Pillow of God
11-04-2003, 04:30 PM
On Lateralus

The Grudge - I imagine two brothers, both heirs to the throne, but unsure as to who gets it, and it leads to a military struggle, but in the end they're both killed and resolved through anti-resolution.

Eon Blue Apocolypse - Post Nuclear Fallout.

The Patient - A meeting of men, high ranking, to discuss how to go about war.

Mantra - KITTY!

Schism - A husband and wife, or best friends, giving each other the cold shoulder until the end when they begin to talk again.

Parabol - A church-like sermon.

Parabola - A man tortured and weathered, beaten and tired but still continuing his life of pain. The 'Chain-saw guitar' at the end is sort of him ending his life, and the chymes of Parabol point that he has found peace, but it still continues.

Ticks and Leeches - Two people talking trash about each other, but finally resolving as friends.

Lateralis - Like others, I see a spiraled staircase leading to nothingness and peaceness.

eulogy508
11-04-2003, 07:03 PM
It seems I don't really picture bizarre images anymore when listening to music... a lot of times for some reason, I picture in my head, different places I've been throughout my life... weird...

nthistogether
11-17-2003, 10:28 PM
The Grudge - Spacey images. Metal. Leather. Grey.
Eon Blue Apocolypse - sounds like something out of a western movie
Pushit - flying over and down through a huge gap, chasm
Disposition - rain in slow motion
Reflection - jungle, tribal setting
Ions - an electric charge flying upwards to me
Lateralus - the sound gives me a roller coaster like sensation. starts off slow, rises, gets faster, up and down, up and down. Makes me feel like I am moving.
Message To...-i see a man using a payphone on a beach, eyeing the seagulls above him

Windir
11-17-2003, 10:52 PM
LOL, OLD!

I even posted here with my first name.