PDA

View Full Version : The 10,000 days message

paraology
03-05-2006, 08:18 PM
By Blair has been reposted on toolband. One can only ponder; what in the hell is going on here.

dracomordag
03-05-2006, 08:21 PM
He's probably announcing the album title... that's my guess.

Goldfoot
03-05-2006, 08:22 PM
He's probably announcing the album title... that's my guess.

For the third time?

Ryan
03-05-2006, 08:28 PM
For the third time?

also, when it was first announced at toolarmy the other day, i'm talking the first 3 minutes or so, it was posted twice. i responded to both of them at TA, then the second one disappeared.

lots of weird hiccups going on.

Bogart
03-05-2006, 08:30 PM
It's the name of the decoy album...

Ryan
03-05-2006, 08:32 PM
05 Mar 06
UNDERSTANDABLY

Understandably... quite understandably lots* of you want one of those glass shotguns filled with reposado tequila like the one shown in the February newsletter (a gift from Adam to Joe Barresi). Unfortunately, they're rather hard to come by it seems. When I last checked FairhouseLiquor.com they were out of stock of the shotguns, but did have some 'pistols' available (see Hijos de Villa).

One emailer thought the 'gun' actually fired a measured shot of tequila (what kind of fantasy world is this kid living in!). Actually, it's just a glorified bottle with the makers capitalizing on the play of words "shot of tequila." Still, it is a rather nice item if you can find one. The one AJ gave me for my birthday (a pistol) is still sitting on my kitchen table, and, remarkably, hasn't been 'fired' yet (looking over at it...) No, I should probably save it in case of an earthquake.

BMB

STA
03-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Yep, Blair hates us.

MoreTool
03-05-2006, 08:37 PM
what is he talking about?

Ryan
03-05-2006, 08:38 PM
what is he talking about?

he's talking about deliberately changing the subject so we get pissed off.

Hodge
03-05-2006, 08:38 PM
someone decrypt this for us

STA
03-05-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm sure the shotguns are what he's been receiving all the emails about.

Triangular_Vision
03-05-2006, 08:40 PM
if history repeats itself... TOOL will problably release somewhere around 30 fake names for the album and songs almost everyday the closer the album gets to release. This explains the massive amount of bootleg items that have toolish art... but fuckin never heard of names from back in the days of opiate and undertow. Just my guess ya'all, but they are just fuckin with us and bootlegers.

REVMJK4EVER
03-05-2006, 08:44 PM
people now are saying they think blair was shitfaced drunk we he posted the title. i don't know.

dracomordag
03-05-2006, 08:48 PM
hahah

fuck Blair

he got good at giving us real info

then started sucking penis again. [marklar]

bluefire
03-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Blair is becoming increasingly upset because he realizes that even though he rides the coat tails of an internationally famous band, he still will never get laid.

Ryan
03-05-2006, 08:53 PM
05 Mar 06
UNDERSTANDABLY

Understandably... quite understandably lots* of you want one of those glass shotguns filled with reposado tequila like the one shown in the February newsletter (a gift from Adam to Joe Barresi). Unfortunately, they're rather hard to come by it seems. When I last checked FairhouseLiquor.com they were out of stock of the shotguns, but did have some 'pistols' available (see Hijos de Villa).

One emailer thought the 'gun' actually fired a measured shot of tequila (what kind of fantasy world is this kid living in!). Actually, it's just a glorified bottle with the makers capitalizing on the play of words "shot of tequila." Still, it is a rather nice item if you can find one. The one AJ gave me for my birthday (a pistol) is still sitting on my kitchen table, and, remarkably, hasn't been 'fired' yet (looking over at it...) No, I should probably save it in case of an earthquake.

BMB

i've got it. the new album will be called "earthquake".

sounds down to earth enough to me.

Hannibal
03-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Blair is becoming increasingly upset because he realizes that even though he rides the coat tails of an internationally famous band, he still will never get laid.

agreed

paraology
03-05-2006, 08:56 PM
HAHAHAHA shit....Good one Bluefire.

ARMZ
03-05-2006, 08:59 PM
http://www.topliquor.com/store/search.php?mode=search

orange.juice
03-06-2006, 06:04 AM
when i reread the pre-lateralus newsposts on toolshed, it appears all quite mysterious and planned, but what happens right now is just lame. ah well.

orange.juice
03-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Exactly. Maybe what´s happening now is just a precursor of the one, ultimate hoax, but hell, here always both sides of the medal will be discussed, hoax or not, so who are they going to fool? Everyone is way too sceptical.

luketheduke06
03-06-2006, 06:56 AM
i've got it. the new album will be called "earthquake".

sounds down to earth enough to me.

That actually would be a sweet title.

kyyuulle
03-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Maynard on Lateralus -

"Definitely the majority of the record is about re-communication,
about understanding where you are in reference to where you’ve been
and where you’re going. It’s the process of letting go of old baggage
and the evaluation of your place. If you’re into astrology or any of
that kind of stuff, there’s a process called the Saturn Return--your
30-year cycle. It’s something like a mid-life crisis, where you step
back and reevaluate."

maybe this 10,000 Days title has something to do with the whole Saturn Return

this has probably already been observed though

KJM
03-06-2006, 08:22 AM
if history repeats itself... TOOL will problably release somewhere around 30 fake names for the album and songs almost everyday the closer the album gets to release. This explains the massive amount of bootleg items that have toolish art... but fuckin never heard of names from back in the days of opiate and undertow. Just my guess ya'all, but they are just fuckin with us and bootlegers.

Actually no? The closer we get the less likely we'll see ANY fake titles. That's shit they pulled a little farther back from the release date.

Andorion
03-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Just to clear this up, here is what happened:

The 10,000 Days post was put up, and it was on toolarmy and toolband. Then, someone (blair likely) decided it should be a toolarmy exclusive, and MANUALLY CHANGED IT to be toolarmy only - this means it wasn't posted as such, but changed after. Every time a new post/news entry is added, the page gets automatically re-generated, and since that entry was added as toolarmy/toolband (not army exclusive) every time a new post is added, the 10,000 Days post pops up again on toolband.

Last time there was a new post, the 10,000 Days post re-appeared on toolband for about 10 minutes, then was removed once again. This time, it just hasn't been removed.

No mystery, just someone dropping the ball when they originally posted it if they really wanted it to be an army exclusive, and not changing it in the database but instead just editing the html.

Bogart
03-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Did anyone notice how the 10,000 Days post didn't have Blairs trademark purple BMB at the end of the post? This makes me think that this wasn't even posted by Blair and 10,000 Days is just an elaborate hoax...

sleaz1
03-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Did anyone notice how the 10,000 Days post didn't have Blairs trademark purple BMB at the end of the post? This makes me think that this wasn't even posted by Blair and 10,000 Days is just an elaborate hoax...

Band members can post whatever they want, maybe it was one of them. And Blair can't say shit to them.

paraflux
03-06-2006, 08:48 AM
I dont think you guys are understanding the significance that the term "10,000 days" holds for those in the christian community. There are already christian albums with this same title. There are books by this name. Think of what an affront to christianity, how seemingly blasphemous, this is, if it does refer to the silent days of christ (which I take to be the meaning behind it).

Hogpile
03-06-2006, 08:52 AM
I dont think you guys are understanding the significance that the term "10,000 days" holds for those in the christian community. There are already christian albums with this same title. There are books by this name. Think of what an affront to christianity, how seemingly blasphemous, this is, if it does refer to the silent days of christ (which I take to be the meaning behind it).

I'm not following you. What does 10,000 days have to do with Christianity? I've heard nothing of it. Is that supposed to be the length of the rapture or what?

paraflux
03-06-2006, 08:54 AM
http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=9687&18073300-14848aaa

for starters...

Hogpile
03-06-2006, 08:59 AM
http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=9687&18073300-14848aaa

for starters...

Huh. Pretty loose ended Christian reference though. Not a commonly used term in the Christian social circles. Just for the fuck of it, I googled "10,000 days" and got all kinds of interesting shit. From Bloodline lyrics, to some book about the Vietnam war.

paraflux
03-06-2006, 09:08 AM
It's also kinda the time that Voyager I has been gone from Earth, still travelling outward...

But really, it's not as loose-ended as you might think. The first years of Jesus, commonly referred to as being around 10,000 days, probably just for aesthetic purposes, sure, are also referred to as the silent years of christ. And I dont htink Maynard has a problem being frank and seemingly blasphemous about shit.

Hogpile
03-06-2006, 09:12 AM
And I dont htink Maynard has a problem being frank and seemingly blasphemous about shit.

I agree completely. And I believe you about the reference. Just never heard it used before, and I know a lot of Christians.

Personally, I don't think this is the title. But that's just IMO. If it is, I'll deal with it, but I can't say I won't be a little disappointed.

Maine-iak
03-06-2006, 09:13 AM
...to some book about the Vietnam war.

This is closer to what I think. My own personal theory is that if this album is to have a more political side to it, based on Maynard's work with APC, it could be in reference to the current war in Iraq. In other words, this could be our generation's version of Vietnam (the 10,000 days war). And before you read too much into this, its just my theory, at a very high level. For example, simple comparisons such as "we're in it for the wrong reasons" and "we should get out of there ASAP." I know its not the same geo-political reasons, but I think you get my idea.

Now, that's not to say it doesn't have a Christianity side to it either. As we know, the band likes our own personal interpretations for things, not to rely soley on their opinion, so this carefully chosen title could have these two duplicate meanings for that very reason.

Just some thoughts...

paraflux
03-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Come on, brewman, you would be the first person I would think of who would embrace a badass record with a title that most people deem crappy and throw it in their faces.

Hogpile
03-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Come on, brewman, you would be the first person I would think of who would embrace a badass record with a title that most people deem crappy and throw it in their faces.

If the album kicks ass, it kicks ass. I have a really good feeling about this album. But I guess if the title really is 10,000 days, that just pales in comparison to the title creativity I've come to expect(demand) from Tool. Maybe that's unfair. But that's the way it is.

T-13h
03-06-2006, 09:17 AM
I saw the Voyager, thing. That's my favorite connection so far. Little exploring spacecraft with its gold disk of human knowledge gliding out past the "edge" of our solar system. Humans rock.

The pre-gospel Jesus thing is pretty interesting. Feels more like covered territory, though. Doesn't Joshua Davis have some Tool website stuff yet to be released. I remember dragons and fish. Perhaps we might follow Jesus as he travels eastward and encounters gnostics, Buddha, and eventually arrives in the New World...

Bogart
03-06-2006, 09:21 AM
You guys don't have to worry because 10,000 Days won't be the title of the new album

Hogpile
03-06-2006, 09:21 AM
You guys don't have to worry because 10,000 Days won't be the title of the new album

Yeah, I've already stated that I don't think so either. Something just doesn't fit about that title.

intoxic8
03-06-2006, 09:23 AM
the tequila shot thing is from the previous newsletter, of course blair is trying to change the subject. man if i was him i'd be much mroe of an asshole about it.
lol he posts on the official Tool website saying he's heard all the new album but he hasn't bothered to listen to all their previous stuff yet hahaha what a complete prick hahaha

10,000 days hmmm could be anything ==
it might be political it might be historic it might be theological and it might have to do with astrology hmmm
where do we start?

i don;t tink the saturn return things occurs every 10,000 days, and haven't they exhausted that theme already?
i suppose with the new album they will be exploring different realms and ideas.
i hope it isn't too much of a political album

thejesus
03-06-2006, 09:24 AM

who cares about the Christian community..this is about art

Hogpile
03-06-2006, 09:25 AM
who cares about the Christian community..this is about art

You're missing his point entirely.

paraflux
03-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Art reflects the mind of the artist, and if the mind is political in nature at the time of the art's conception, so be it.

zenkinet
03-06-2006, 09:30 AM
well 10000 days is in quotations '10,000 days' so I don't think it will be the title, it might be something that refers to it.

TOOLEK
03-06-2006, 09:31 AM
"10 000 days" official...we will have to get used to it. One thing we have to admit no one would have never had even the slightest idea of such a title.

paraflux
03-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Titles are put inside quotations.

zenkinet
03-06-2006, 09:33 AM
"10 000 days" official...we will have to get used to it. One thing we have to admit no one would have never had even the slightest idea of such a title.
ultimately we have to see it to believe it, i can't wait until album art is released, so we can see the application of the title onto printed form.

zenkinet
03-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Titles are put inside quotations.
I thought they were underlined :P no matter I might be just looking into it too much.

Ertai
03-06-2006, 09:40 AM
they should just be like Godsmack and be lazy enough to just put a Roman numerial as the title..

V seems like a good title for the Tool record... not only is it a roman numerial but a V stands for the formation that birds fly while migrating... maybe it has to do with leaving and coming back and migration and shit....

Hodge
03-06-2006, 10:15 AM
how about O-face

mike tyson
03-06-2006, 10:17 AM
I personally don't give a shit what "10,000 days" means. I want some new kickass music and US Tour dates.

dick Cheney
03-06-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm pretty sure the title of the album has something to do with me. I'll be 10,000 days old on July 8th. 10,000 days is about 27 and 1/2 years. Rock star death age is 27. Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Robert Johnson (sold his soul at the crossroads, "I sold my soul to make a record"-Maynard), Kurt Cobain, and Brian Jones. (?)

n3b2w
03-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Timeline of events----
March 3-6--- Blair posts that album name is 10,000 days. People seemed split on believing that, so Blair takes it off, reposts, takes it off again then reposts it again. This allows the skeptics to buy into the whole "secrecy of Tool" thing. Now people are buying that this is the name of the album (fans, mtv, some douche bag buying web domains). Blair also states that the album artwork will eventually be 'leaked' soon.

March 7-15--- Album artwork will be 'leaked'

March 16-25--- Tracklisting will be 'leaked'

April 1- We all will have a big laugh at the expense of a few thousand people

April 2-6 Real album title, artwork and tracklisting will be leaked

Just remember why you like Tool---for the music, lyrics, message and artwork. This comes with the package, stop analyzing everything separatly and wait for the total finished product.

varg
03-06-2006, 10:55 AM
fuck Blair

Wurrd up

gl0tch
03-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Timeline of events----
March 3-6--- Blair posts that album name is 10,000 days. People seemed split on believing that, so Blair takes it off, reposts, takes it off again then reposts it again. This allows the skeptics to buy into the whole "secrecy of Tool" thing. Now people are buying that this is the name of the album (fans, mtv, some douche bag buying web domains). Blair also states that the album artwork will eventually be 'leaked' soon.

Just remember why you like Tool---for the music, lyrics, message and artwork. This comes with the package, stop analyzing everything separatly and wait for the total finished product.

For this being your first post, this was truly amazing. I couldnt agree with you more!

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 11:15 AM
With the Ten Thousand Days thing being in relation to Jesus, has anyone checked Jesus's MySpace for anything... new lately? Just a feeling i had, haven't seen it mentioned either.

The news post seems suspicious to me because it was made right after a lengthy post about fake album names. This could be a play on that, Blair posting something that is completly the opposite of all the current fake tittles, it could through us off the right course...

...or nudge us in the right direction. I'm so freaking torn!

sambarugh
03-06-2006, 11:19 AM
I think the album name is fake - and wouldn't days be written with a capital D - 'Days' ?

Vlad
03-06-2006, 11:20 AM
You all are biting the hoax! Get over it, everything you've heard about the album has been a big joke the band is playing on everyone stupid enough to believe it.

T-13h
03-06-2006, 11:26 AM
You all are biting the hoax! Get over it, everything you've heard about the album has been a big joke the band is playing on everyone stupid enough to believe it.

How the fuck would you know? There currently isn't an alternative to 10,000 Days, so it's not like there is some other album title for people to begin thinking about or speculating about. All you number haters are going down when the revolution comes. Mark my words.

Wretched
03-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Let me get something out of the way: I believe the title is real.

With that out of the way, let me say this: Let us assume this is a fake title, and you guys go, "That's so lame.", or "They already did that shit." Well I don't think Tool is trying to convince us it is real, they just want us to get all in a tissy and fight about it. They don't care if we believe, they just care that we fight. It probably gets them off. It'd get me off.

bluefire
03-06-2006, 12:00 PM
If you guys read the 'rock sound magazine' thread you'll see that your whole jesus idea is indeed wrong, the title definantly references the vietnam war.

T-13h
03-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Let me get something out of the way: I believe the title is real.

With that out of the way, let me say this: Let us assume this is a fake title, and you guys go, "That's so lame.", or "They already did that shit." Well I don't think Tool is trying to convince us it is real, they just want us to get all in a tissy and fight about it. They don't care if we believe, they just care that we fight. It probably gets them off. It'd get me off.

If I am ever financially secure, a world-famous artist, and/or a well respected musician who gets his rocks off by introducing a fake album title to create a stir on message boards, please do me a favor. Kill me. Thanks.

Wretched
03-06-2006, 12:08 PM
If I am ever financially secure, a world-famous artist, and/or a well respected musician who gets his rocks off by introducing a fake album title to create a stir on message boards, please do me a favor. Kill me. Thanks.

You know, all they have to do is get Blair to make a fake title and just sit back and go about there day - knowing all the while shit heads like us are sitting around trying to decipher it and argue its merits.

waffel
03-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Since when has tool been political? All the 'leaked' reviews call this a bluesy album and they say nothing about anything political at all.

Christ, Blair could of said the title was "toothpaste and telephone poles" and someone, somewhere would find a reason for it by typing it into google.

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:24 PM
They said in Kerrang that the current political situation has fueled their anger and that they have used that anger in the new album. That in no way means that the album will be political, the anger expressed was just caused by it.

embracingyou
03-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Is the whole 10,000 Days thing not to do with fundamentalist Christians who believe the world is 10,000 days old?

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Is the whole 10,000 Days thing not to do with fundamentalist Christians who believe the world is 10,000 days old?
I think thats years right? Otherwise my mum must be pretty in with God, in fact anyone over 27. Omg! Like tool! Wow.

It's got to have something to do with something, otherwise blair wouldn't waste his drunk ass time posting it.

*ponders*

embracingyou
03-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh right yeah, so it is, apologies. Ah, Blair's just Blair...waste of space lol.

noisetherapy
03-06-2006, 12:59 PM
you know what would be a better joke/hoax. if he used one of those crazy titles that were rumoured.

TELEINCISION MAY 02

Sadhana
03-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Timeline of events----

This would truely follow the tradition of jokes and humor within the tool community for the past couple of years. And i must say, i think this is the most reasonable thought... Tool has never put out an album title more than a single word, and i dont think they are going to start now. When i first read that the new title would be "10,000 days" i entertained the thought that it may be the new title, and shed a tear, for that is not the tool i have come to love for the past 12 years... we expect more than that dont we? Sure, TooL isnt about US, its about THEM, so i can accept and respect their decisions, but it would pain me to see them go that direction.
... as for the proclaimed heavier spin on things.. i kind of saw that coming all along, i think the salival release showed tool leaving aggression behind and moving more towards the spirtual-music side (not to say they always havent been spiritual or that aggressive music cant be spiritual... know what i mean?) and Lateralus was a total expression of such. BUT, how much lighter could it get? I see it as being just another natural piece of the tool progression.
ramblerambleramblerambleramble.... the music will be amazing regardless.

TunnelVision
03-06-2006, 08:07 PM
All this leaked info is just to build up to another April fools gag.

Think about last year. Maynard had some fans and the media losing sleep over his "born again" status....That came after Korns lead guitarist truely became a very outspoken Chrisitan...

Disturbed's "10,000 Fists" has to my dismay been a big rock record....As such, everyone is atleast a little familiar with it. This is why we are getting this title....Tool are NOT to be taken seriously until you own the finished product.

magnolia
03-06-2006, 08:30 PM
I like the title "10,000 Days". Then again I'll like anything they settle on, for I'm a bitch. As long as it's not Teleincision, I'm happy. Although I can see "10,000 Days" being a decoy title if there really is a religious link...

maelstroms_child
03-06-2006, 11:15 PM
All this leaked info is just to build up to another April fools gag.

Think about last year. Maynard had some fans and the media losing sleep over his "born again" status....That came after Korns lead guitarist truely became a very outspoken Chrisitan...

Disturbed's "10,000 Fists" has to my dismay been a big rock record....As such, everyone is atleast a little familiar with it. This is why we are getting this title....Tool are NOT to be taken seriously until you own the finished product.

whe-whe-wait... are you saying that there is a disturbed album named 10,000 fists? If so then why are we even arguing. Can you imagine Tool releasing an album with a name so simular to some other mediocre bands' title? There is just no way....

and they would not make a political album, band members have already made comments on numerous occasions about how politics has no place in art...

Hannibal
03-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Timeline of events----

I'm leaning towards this. I think its all a work. Something hasn't set well with me since that ridiculous Andy King review. I think we're all being duped. If I'm wrong...oh well.

Sandoz
03-07-2006, 02:05 AM
I seriously hope that's not the real title, because, frankly, it sucks. It's like something Linkin Park would choose because they want their title to sound interesting.

mk5
03-07-2006, 02:20 AM
don't know if this has been posted but... int he source code

http://www.toolband.com/melvinsuck.html

ruby
03-07-2006, 03:23 AM
I'm pretty sure the title of the album has something to do with me. I'll be 10,000 days old on July 8th. 10,000 days is about 27 and 1/2 years. Rock star death age is 27. Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Robert Johnson (sold his soul at the crossroads, "I sold my soul to make a record"-Maynard), Kurt Cobain, and Brian Jones. (?)

Woohoo, we have the same birthday. What fun :O

Ryan
03-07-2006, 03:30 AM
don't know if this has been posted but... int he source code

http://www.toolband.com/melvinsuck.html

yeah, it's old.

Hannibal
03-07-2006, 11:18 AM
in fact...really old I might add.

TunnelVision
03-07-2006, 11:42 AM
whe-whe-wait... are you saying that there is a disturbed album named 10,000 fists? If so then why are we even arguing. Can you imagine Tool releasing an album with a name so simular to some other mediocre bands' title? There is just no way....

and they would not make a political album, band members have already made comments on numerous occasions about how politics has no place in art...

Making a political statement can be pretty broad and varied. Sharing half of a an album title with Disturbed that involves such a specific number is something else....This title is out there to upset those who expect something cryptic, clinical, or ominous

Tool are messing with us. Why else would Blair WARN people to keep an eye out for leaks...

What kills me is that anyone thinks Disturbed are even mediocre.

STA
03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
What kills me is that anyone thinks Disturbed are even mediocre.

I think Down With the Sickness is a pretty good album.