PDA

View Full Version : Why is Toolband so lame?

Systolic
03-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Someone theorize as to why they keeping putting the title as "10,000 Days" and then removing it..
Any ideas?
Its annoying, childish, and stupid, really.

STA
03-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Someone theorize as to why they keeping putting the title as "10,000 Days" and then removing it..
Any ideas?

Has this happened more than once?

Systolic
03-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Has this happened more than once?

They did it twice. The second time was only for like 10 minutes though. Happened day before yesterday.

Isac Khrondor
03-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Because the band and Blair think it's funny and cryptic, when really it's just annoying.

Wretched
03-05-2006, 09:57 AM
The bigger question is - Why is toolshed putting the 10,000 day thread in the rumour forum if it is official?

Systolic
03-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Because the band and Blair think it's funny and cryptic, when really it's just annoying.

Seriously.. I mean these guys throughout their previous albums have striven to reach the next level, the next phase of intelligence, of humanity, of evolution, and now they go back to acting like 3 year olds in preschool learning to share with your classmates. What the Hell are they thinking?

slamminsalmon
03-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Seriously.. I mean these guys throughout their previous albums have striven to reach the next level, the next phase of intelligence, of humanity, of evolution, and now they go back to acting like 3 year olds in preschool learning to share with your classmates. What the Hell are they thinking?

three year olds? dont be a pussy, your practically crying cuz a band is toying with us....if tool didnt toy with us then i would start wondering

zenkinet
03-05-2006, 10:02 AM

I like all this cryptic shit, without it we would be spoon fed and that's not smart at all, evolve your mind a bit, do some research.

orange.juice
03-05-2006, 10:03 AM
The newspost about that on toolshed also has changed. Yesterday there was still a statement how Blairīs post got removed and was an TA exclusive, that comment is gone now. Also, 10,000 Days is bold now. If you were just the occasional tdn visitor, you would probably read it as official news now.

#Notion
03-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Cuz the band is pissed off that Blair is fucking with everybody by putting out some bogus album name just because he has the power to do so.

Systolic
03-05-2006, 10:06 AM
three year olds? dont be a pussy, your practically crying cuz a band is toying with us....if tool didnt toy with us then i would start wondering

Okay, don't get me started. I'll have to own you the same way I owned LUCID DESIGN. I'm not crying, I'm just saying its lame. There's no reason to cry because of a force you can't control. Its just stupid, and what you're trying to argue has been beaten into the ground way too many times already, so take your place as a n00b and STFU or GTFO.

Systolic
03-05-2006, 10:09 AM
I like all this cryptic shit, without it we would be spoon fed and that's not smart at all, evolve your mind a bit, do some research.

How long have you been a Tool fan? If you've been a fan more than 6 or 7 years, you'll see why this is really just totally mundane.

dracomordag
03-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Cuz the band is pissed off that Blair is fucking with everybody by putting out some bogus album name just because he has the power to do so.

I was kind of thinking this as well..

If it's the real title, I believe that Blair put it up on Toolband, then realized that it was supposed to be a TA exclusive, so he deleted it then.

If it's fake, then Blair thought it would be the cool thing to do (remember, 3/4 of the band's still overseas, so it would be kind of hard for them to really dictate these sorts of things) to release a fake album title, but then the band/Adam found out and bitched him out for it. That doesn't quite explain why he/they then moved it to TA, but I'm not really sure about any of this.

Just give it time.

Systolic
03-05-2006, 10:13 AM
I was kind of thinking this as well..

If it's the real title, I believe that Blair put it up on Toolband, then realized that it was supposed to be a TA exclusive, so he deleted it then.

If it's fake, then Blair thought it would be the cool thing to do (remember, 3/4 of the band's still overseas, so it would be kind of hard for them to really dictate these sorts of things) to release a fake album title, but then the band/Adam found out and bitched him out for it. That doesn't quite explain why he/they then moved it to TA, but I'm not really sure about any of this.

Just give it time.

Is it in TA now?

zenkinet
03-05-2006, 10:13 AM
How long have you been a Tool fan? If you've been a fan more than 6 or 7 years, you'll see why this is really just totally mundane.
Yes I have been a fan for more then 6-7 years, I am fine with it.

slamminsalmon
03-05-2006, 10:15 AM
oh i guess i just got put in my place hahaha

tool hates you

Okay, don't get me started. I'll have to own you the same way I owned LUCID DESIGN.

oh em gee im shaking in my little space boots

Systolic
03-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Yes I have been a fan for more then 6-7 years, I am fine with it.

Yeah thats cool then. Just wondering.

zenkinet
03-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah thats cool then. Just wondering.
No problem, I just think we are all just growing a little hungry for new material.

/V\agina
03-05-2006, 10:23 AM
damnit....

First of all, Tool hasn't always tried to reach the next level of whatever the hell you're talking about with their music. If you listen to even AEnima, you'll realize that that album wasn't very spiritual at all. Third Eye was really the only song that was a little "out there".

Lateralus was really the first album by the guys that seems to have an air of spirituality to it. However, if you really analyze the lyrics, Reflection, Lateralus, and Parabola are the only songs that seem to actually deal with spirituality.

Schism seems like a love song to me.. lol....

dracomordag
03-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Is it in TA now?

according to all reports, yes. I'm not in TA, so I can't check right now... but as of a few hours ago (and ever since it was posted on toolband.com), yea.

zenkinet
03-05-2006, 10:29 AM
according to all reports, yes. I'm not in TA, so I can't check right now... but as of a few hours ago (and ever since it was posted on toolband.com), yea.
was it always there? like when it was taken off of Toolband? rather then a few hours ago?

dracomordag
03-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Yea... that's what i was trying to say. Right before they took it off Toolband (when Blair realized that he promised the album title would be a TA exclusive), he posted it on TA.

zenkinet
03-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Yea... that's what i was trying to say. Right before they took it off Toolband (when Blair realized that he promised the album title would be a TA exclusive), he posted it on TA.
oh ok I misunderstood you, sorry.

dracomordag
03-05-2006, 10:35 AM
oh ok I misunderstood you, sorry.

no prob.

s ti N Kfizt
03-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Any ideas?
who cares.. relax.. :)

embracingyou
03-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Ah that Blair, his geriatric crypticness or whatever it is he's got going on there.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-05-2006, 11:10 AM

i don't know if he didn't realize it but rather he was too drunk to know what he was doing.

dracomordag
03-05-2006, 11:16 AM
i don't know if he didn't realize it but rather he was too drunk to know what he was doing.

that's probably closer to the truth

him and his coleman...

Kalamazoo
03-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Any ideas?

you're childish and stupid for letting this upset you

Boozy Eulogist
03-05-2006, 11:34 AM
While on-topic of toolband being lame, the upcoming redesign could be a massiah. The site currently parties like it's 1995.

slamminsalmon
03-05-2006, 12:02 PM

Cucumber_11
03-05-2006, 12:02 PM

still up drinking a mai-tai that
tastes like a cross between a 60s cough drop and a mud puddle. Bad mix bought in Yucca Valley.

---------------- klaxmexalix wrote:

RE: You're up early Blair

Good morning. Anything planned for today?

I think you may of been right lol

zavlin
03-05-2006, 12:11 PM
if it had been deleted completely it wouldv clearly been a fake. But it was moved to TA...so i think theres an 80-90% chance its the real thing.

InertUniformity
03-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Am I correct in stating that Blairs only job is to run Toolband.com?

zavlin
03-05-2006, 01:37 PM
That is unknown and unlikely.

bonch
03-05-2006, 01:37 PM

They're trying to mess with people who think their previous albums strove to reach the next level, the next phase of intelligence, of humanity, of evolution, when they were actually just good rock albums.

ATARI
03-05-2006, 06:06 PM
tool is a bunch of jerks

TurdEye13
03-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Toolband is so lame because of BMB

ATARI
03-05-2006, 06:23 PM
yeah thats obviously it

paraflux
03-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Fuck everyone who thinks Blair is lame. I think the man is hilarious and completely fulfilling his obligations as minister of disinformation.

TurdEye13
03-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Fuck everyone who thinks Blair is lame...disinformation.

wow your tough, and shouldn't that be "misinformation"?

Systolic
03-05-2006, 06:30 PM

it doesn't upset me.. I'm not sitting in my apartment crying over it... Its just adding fuel to the already WAYYY to big fire.. I mean look at it this way..
Look at the big long post Blair made essentially bitching about the thousands of emails he is getting about the album, simply because of the withheld information. That has stirred up enoug ruckus as it is, and now he is toying with people by posting then deleting the album title?? Come on.. how smart is this guy, really? Its just idiotic. I'm not whining, I don't care either way. My point is more generalized.. more of an observation. I just think its childish.

paraflux
03-05-2006, 06:31 PM
wow your tough, and shouldn't that be "misinformation"?
If you so choose. And yes, I am tough.

LOL!

kabir
03-05-2006, 06:55 PM
The newspost about that on toolshed also has changed. Yesterday there was still a statement how Blairīs post got removed and was an TA exclusive, that comment is gone now. Also, 10,000 Days is bold now. If you were just the occasional tdn visitor, you would probably read it as official news now.

ha yeah that was me. the disappearance of posts shouldn't be called out like that (by me anyway).

the album afaik is 10000 days.

EasilySeenCircularProblem
03-05-2006, 08:18 PM
yeah its now *back* on the frontpage of toolband, so looks like that's the name.

nexus11313
03-05-2006, 08:50 PM
While on-topic of toolband being lame, the upcoming redesign could be a massiah. The site currently parties like it's 1995.
LMFAO...funniest shit I've heard in a while...

a788
03-06-2006, 06:57 PM
look for the classic BMB posted below... it's not there.

i can't believe that it's true. i somewhat have my bias that refused to let believe it.

most likely the whole thing is fake, im just not going to let things get to me like toolband removing and adding their posts. i think its rather stupid and an attempt to get everyone rowled up. i vote not to let it.

hopefully soon, there will be a new album out in stores... and only then once you have the copy in your hands, which for all we know will be in october, will we know for sure what the title is.

until then, i recomend not dwelling on it.

don't be TOOL's tool.

edit: that was a generalization. not directed at any one person.

Ryan
03-14-2006, 08:47 PM
hmmm...

it seems toolband now has a new favicon next to the http:// in the browser, and now when you enter index_frames.html it takes you to previous news, rather than current.

blair fucking up code again.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-14-2006, 09:24 PM
hmmm...

it seems toolband now has a new favicon next to the http:// in the browser, and now when you enter index_frames.html it takes you to previous news, rather than current.

blair fucking up code again.

something new coming perhaps? one can only hope.

Archetypically
03-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Because I didn't design it.

Exoskeletal
03-14-2006, 09:55 PM
First of all, Tool hasn't always tried to reach the next level of whatever the hell you're talking about with their music. If you listen to even AEnima, you'll realize that that album wasn't very spiritual at all. Third Eye was really the only song that was a little "out there".

Lateralus was really the first album by the guys that seems to have an air of spirituality to it. However, if you really analyze the lyrics, Reflection, Lateralus, and Parabola are the only songs that seem to actually deal with spirituality.

Schism seems like a love song to me.. lol....

Do you know what the hell are you talking about?! First of all, Maynard is probably the best songwritter out there, he can give you multiple meanings in one song.
Have you taken your time to listen and analyse the lyrics deeply? Have you ever heard of the spiral order of Lateralus (6,7,5,8,4,9,3,10,2,11,1,12), which is a guide to enlightenment and ego death (in spiral order or not, altought this way makes more sense)?
All TOOL albuns are not just a bunch of songs put together, its a whole genius concept, especially AEnima and Lateralus. Thats why TOOL is so great, its not just about great music, its about its meaning. It can be about spirituality, misticism, love, intervention, death, creation, etc... it depends on how you look at it, and thats pure art.
Do you know that some of Maynard influences are from Aleister Crowley and Timothy Leary?
So, dont talk about what you dont know. Think for yourself.

Well... and all this speculation about the new album makes me sick. If they say this is the albuns name and its tracklisting, I accept it until proven contrary. If they are mocking us, thats because of all this bulshit created around this release and I dont blame them for doing that.
Can't you wait a couple of months to hear it and take your conclusions? Haven't you waited years? Patience is a virtue.
TOOL has never disapointed us, they always have surpassed theirselfs, this will be an asskickin album, wether its title or tracklisting... but dont expect another Lateralus, every single TOOL album is unique and has its own purpose. I expect something that can tell me something new. But thats my opinion...

And thats it, my first post in TDN. =P

Archetypically
03-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Maniacal Rant...
calm down.

MoreTool
03-14-2006, 10:08 PM
When are they supposed to launch the new website?

Archetypically
03-14-2006, 10:09 PM
at lunch

Ryan
03-14-2006, 10:12 PM
When are they supposed to launch the new website?

well, according to a very good thread (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=34750), it was supposed to be launched on january 17. it seems i fucked up.

Exoskeletal
03-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Im pretty calm lol
I'm no trying to atack /V\agina, I just wanted to try to clarify some things...
The reason why I wrote that big post, is kinda of a summary conclusion of what I've been reading on this foruns.

chonus
03-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Do you know what the hell are you talking about?! First of all, Maynard is probably the best songwritter out there, he can give you multiple meanings in one song.
Have you taken your time to listen and analyse the lyrics deeply? Have you ever heard of the spiral order of Lateralus (6,7,5,8,4,9,3,10,2,11,1,12), which is a guide to enlightenment and ego death (in spiral order or not, altought this way makes more sense)?
All TOOL albuns are not just a bunch of songs put together, its a whole genius concept, especially AEnima and Lateralus. Thats why TOOL is so great, its not just about great music, its about its meaning. It can be about spirituality, misticism, love, intervention, death, creation, etc... it depends on how you look at it, and thats pure art.
Do you know that some of Maynard influences are from Aleister Crowley and Timothy Leary?
So, dont talk about what you dont know. Think for yourself.

Well... and all this speculation about the new album makes me sick. If they say this is the albuns name and its tracklisting, I accept it until proven contrary. If they are mocking us, thats because of all this bulshit created around this release and I dont blame them for doing that.
Can't you wait a couple of months to hear it and take your conclusions? Haven't you waited years? Patience is a virtue.
TOOL has never disapointed us, they always have surpassed theirselfs, this will be an asskickin album, wether its title or tracklisting... but dont expect another Lateralus, every single TOOL album is unique and has its own purpose. I expect something that can tell me something new. But thats my opinion...

And thats it, my first post in TDN. =P

I couldn't hear ya with Maynard's dick in yo mouth.

On a different note, AEnima goes along perfectly to The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Archetypically
03-14-2006, 11:07 PM
I like strapping meat to my legs and swimming with poodle sharks!
That's dangerous. Be careful.

pushit9
03-14-2006, 11:16 PM

yeah really. i cant believe you guys are crying over this. get a fucking grip. tool always fucks with its fans, half the shit they say isnt true they want us to think for ourselves and figure shit out on our own. the album will be out when it will be out till then it doesnt matter what its called, what songs are on it or what the album art looks like because your not going to own it till may 2nd or whatever fucking date.

Mr.Rubberburner
03-14-2006, 11:19 PM
yeah really. i cant believe you guys are crying over this. get a fucking grip. tool always fucks with its fans, half the shit they say isnt true they want us to think for ourselves and figure shit out on our own. the album will be out when it will be out till then it doesnt matter what its called, what songs are on it or what the album art looks like because your not going to own it till may 2nd or whatever fucking date.
you are wise...i agree

idontmind462
03-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Timothy Leary was a moron, he had some good ideas, but overall he was a drug addict and nothing more.

weak&weary
03-14-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm a n00b! My words are irrelevant! Skip me!

I agree: Blair does nothing but whatever his inclinations dictate, which are often inanely petulant. BUT: Blair does his job fine... he just does it in an unconventional, roundabout way that no one is used to; hence our understandable agitation. But I like him. He's funny. Instead of telling us "There's no Tool news," or "I have no answers," he imparts pointlessly vast tales that should make us smile if only we'd pull that stick out of our butts. We get news eventually, making imbeciles of ourselves until that time, and immediately forget our frustrations afterward.

In short, don't worry. Everything is fine. I'm a n00b, ignore me.

Archetypically
03-14-2006, 11:40 PM
I got cancer from the president.
That doesn't even make sense.

weak&weary
03-14-2006, 11:41 PM
That doesn't even make sense.
But it's true nonetheless.

idontmind462
03-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah. Why can't you see that?

martyr
03-15-2006, 04:47 AM
i like tool

Exoskeletal
03-15-2006, 06:45 AM
fuckin emo kid.
I couldn't hear ya with Maynard's dick in yo mouth.
Timothy Leary was a moron, he had some good ideas, but overall he was a drug addict and nothing more.Have you ever read "The Psychadelic Experience"?

For the rest of the meaningless replys that were made, is that all you have to say? This was supposed to be an inteligent discussion forum, but all I see around is shitheads.
Like I fukin care lol...

idontmind462
03-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Have you ever seen Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas?

Exoskeletal
03-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Haha.. sure I have, one of my fav movies =)
Its a great way of showing how to not use psychadelic drugs :P

idontmind462
03-15-2006, 08:26 AM
We are all wired into a survival trip now. No more of the speed that fueled that 60's. That was the fatal flaw in Tim Leary's trip. He crashed around America selling "consciousness expansion" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously... All those pathetically eager acid freaks who thought they could buy Peace and Understanding for three bucks a hit. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole life-style that he helped create... a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the Acid Culture: the desperate assumption that somebody... or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.

Archetypically
03-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Haha.. sure I have, one of my fav movies =)
Its a great way of showing how to use psychadelic drugs :P
I agree.

goats
03-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Timothy Leary was a moron, he had some good ideas, but overall he was a drug addict and nothing more.

the man was a Harvard professor! moron's a bit strong to bandy about, don't you think?

but yah, i get no use from him.

Exoskeletal
03-15-2006, 12:29 PM
He crashed around America selling "consciousness expansion" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously... All those pathetically eager acid freaks who thought they could buy Peace and Understanding for three bucks a hit. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole life-style that he helped create... a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the Acid Culture: the desperate assumption that somebody... or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.

That is the fact. There was an abusive use of LSD during the 60's and all those acid freaks in fact misinterpreted the use and the goal of Learys guide to achieve an open minded conscienness thru the use of psychadelic drugs. Instead of simply using them as a key to achieve it, as there are other processes like meditation and other transiatic states (and believe me, xamanism is one of them), they simply were expecting that to hapen when takin LSD. Leary adapted very well the guideness of the "Tibetan Book of The Dead" to a psychadelic language. So I guess you cant blame him for that... Blame Hoffman for the Lost Keys lol. Anyway this is goin off-topic and I dont want to start speculate about TOOL's new album :P
You should look into Terence McKenna's "Food of the Gods : The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution" to see a different point of view of the psychadelic culture.