PDA

View Full Version : The title is NOT 10,000 Days

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 12:14 AM
C'mon guys (and gals)... I thought fans of Tool would be MUCH smarter than this...

The general concensus here wants another atypical neu-metal ripoff band to open for Tool in the coming months, you've been an expert on everything Alex Grey and the OTO for four years strong now (wow, look at all you minervals!), you've outgrown change, developed one heck of an online presence, nurtured quite the derogatory vocabulary, and have deciphered all the conspiratorial embroideries the world(s) has to offer...

And now, and now, AND NOW.... you're convinced the forthcoming record is called 10,00 days. On top of that, Maynard somehow just became a prick, and you know exactly how the record will sound. Wake up people. Learn to Swim. The 10,000 Days reference is just a direct insult to the most of you, your simultaneous Disturbed and Godsmack collections, your black shirts, and your Chuck Taylors. Stop finding out whats cool and esoteric from Blair and Metal Edge magazine , and start using your meat pile for good.

This was my 'blues' post.

Vlad
03-05-2006, 12:16 AM
It's just another way the band fucks with your minds :)

What band in the right mind would leak a shitty title like "10,000 days." Please get a fucking clue.

Ryan
03-05-2006, 12:18 AM
C'mon guys (and gals)... I thought fans of Tool would be MUCH smarter than this...

The general concensus here wants another atypical neu-metal ripoff band to open for Tool in the coming months, you've been an expert on everything Alex Grey and the OTO for four years strong now (wow, look at all you minervals!), you've outgrown change, developed one heck of an online presence, nurtured quite the derogatory vocabulary, and have deciphered all the conspiratorial embroideries the world(s) has to offer...

And now, and now, AND NOW.... you're convinced the forthcoming record is called 10,00 days. On top of that, Maynard somehow just became a prick, and you know exactly how the record will sound. Wake up people. Learn to Swim. The 10,000 Days reference is just a direct insult to the most of you, your simultaneous Disturbed and Godsmack collections, your black shirts, and your Chuck Taylors. Stop finding out whats cool and esoteric from Blair and Metal Edge magazine , and start using your meat pile for good.

exactly. he mocked head from korn for finding jesus, now he's mocking disturbed. i don't see how it's in the least bit believable.

fripptronic
03-05-2006, 12:23 AM
i will believe ANYTHING blair says.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 12:24 AM
wow, the Moderators move fast

SadSummerSea
03-05-2006, 12:25 AM
quick like a bunny!

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 12:26 AM
well here's to hoping people actually check here. I think if a moment of clarity was revealed to the majority of the fanboys, less bullshit posts would be going on about what is true and what is not

SadSummerSea
03-05-2006, 12:34 AM
this thread is definitely cooler than its counterpart.

spiralion
03-05-2006, 12:40 AM
I thought it was a cool title. Were all pretty sure it isnt called that. I think this could rélect on what the album will be about.

stinkfish
03-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Question: Is 10.000 days the album title for the upcoming Tool album?

Answer: No.

Boozy Eulogist
03-05-2006, 12:48 AM
I know nothing of this man Alex Grey. Did he play some guest Guitar on the last album?

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 12:49 AM
this thread is definitely cooler than its counterpart.

Right on.
(btw, i like your username)

SadSummerSea
03-05-2006, 12:51 AM
btw, have you heard the song?
its even better.

spiralion
03-05-2006, 12:51 AM
QUOTE=Boozy EulogistI know nothing of this man Alex Grey. Did he play some guest Guitar on the last album?/QUOTE
yes, he did. He played the beginning part of schism.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 12:53 AM
by whom?

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 12:54 AM
On another note, I hope Tool releases an ambient metal record of mind fuckery beats like Tim Hecker meets Autechre and Maynard just whispers over the whole things as we all collectively reach for our razorblades with our virgin wrists basking in full glory.

Boozy Eulogist
03-05-2006, 12:56 AM
kid606 already did that.

varg
03-05-2006, 12:57 AM
On another note, I hope Tool releases an ambient metal record of mind fuckery beats like Tim Hecker meets Autechre and Maynard just whispers over the whole things as we all collectively reach for our razorblades with our virgin wrists basking in full glory.
I heard that.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 01:00 AM
kid606 already did that.

meh, he's whack. Even if he did, it wouldnt kill it like Maynard's voice over Autechre beats.

Boozy Eulogist
03-05-2006, 01:02 AM
I donno...it's a damn close call. haha

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 01:08 AM
I met Adam at the Autechre show in LA. It was hilarious actually. I pretended like he knew me and he looked utterly dumb founded. I proceeded to tell him he "better pay attention to the live show, because this is where shit is going mentally and he better learn it on the new record." He asked when the show actually began and then he took off. I was too drunk to ask him for his autograph, so I made my girlfriend go back and get it from him. Apparently he was surprised anyone would want it. Esp. some chick

Boozy Eulogist
03-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Anyone other than Maynard still blushes when a fan compliments them. Maynard's case is understandable...fucking insane fanatics.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 01:16 AM
i should totally move up to LA and start "running into" those guys

waffel
03-05-2006, 01:16 AM
ITS REALLY FUCKING SIMPLE.

Blair totally nonchalantly said "oh, and the album name is this" in a very small post on toolband. This was said apparently because "the record is being pressed and the title would leak out sooner or later"

Ok, so WHY THE FUCK would it be removed off Toolband? Why the fuck would it be made A TOOL ARMY EXCLUSIVE? It makes no sence and its totally not the way Tool would release the album title.

Not to mention its not even an album title they would pick.

Its simple fuckin logic.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 01:19 AM
I sorta remember a photograph of Tool being released simutaneously when the info on Lateralus was dropped. If I'm not mistaken, Maynard was in his pajamas in the picture. The fact that the post is no longer there is conviction that this is all bullshit.

Tertius Oculum
03-05-2006, 01:26 AM
LOLMAO!11

Nebel
03-05-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm gonna laugh so much *when* this title turns out to be confirmed

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm serious. He had red pj's on, with blond hair and glasses

Tertius Oculum
03-05-2006, 01:30 AM
The letters inside Ten Thousand Days, is what it is.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 01:33 AM
The letters inside Ten Thousand Days, is what it is.

huh?

Tertius Oculum
03-05-2006, 01:34 AM
Rearrange the letters.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
03-05-2006, 01:35 AM
i will believe ANYTHING blair says.
Yup..............and I think that you proved his point (BMB's that is)

Whether this title is fake or not means nothing at all. It just a matter of decision.

Ill tell ya what...I honestly believed the fake "selftitled" post with the fakie addresses and what not. Does that mean Im dumb....Maybe.........Am I a nOOb? I dont really care. Do I think that the new album is gonna knock my socks off? Absolutely...............Do I think its gonna be Lateralus II? NO. That will always be my favorite album.....ever.
Underestimate and you wont be disappointed....................................Bu t realize that TOOL are not capable of sucking.

Save the emotive arguments for another thread/life. APC<TOOL....And that is an understatementXXXX10000000000000000000000000000000 00000

Tertius Oculum
03-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Your second G is a failure. End it and yourself.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
03-05-2006, 01:40 AM
I met Adam at the Autechre show in LA. It was hilarious actually. I pretended like he knew me and he looked utterly dumb founded. I proceeded to tell him he "better pay attention to the live show, because this is where shit is going mentally and he better learn it on the new record." He asked when the show actually began and then he took off. I was too drunk to ask him for his autograph, so I made my girlfriend go back and get it from him. Apparently he was surprised anyone would want it. Esp. some chick

I have heard this story from about 4 differnt people. To the T

LetGoLetgoLetGo
03-05-2006, 01:43 AM
ITS REALLY FUCKING SIMPLE.

Blair totally nonchalantly said "oh, and the album name is this" in a very small post on toolband. This was said apparently because "the record is being pressed and the title would leak out sooner or later"

Ok, so WHY THE FUCK would it be removed off Toolband? Why the fuck would it be made A TOOL ARMY EXCLUSIVE? It makes no sence and its totally not the way Tool would release the album title.

Its simple fuckin logic.
As much as I agree with most of this, since when did the FDA/CIA/UN decide what words of this language that we speak are "Legal TOOL words"?

kabir
03-05-2006, 01:50 AM
my guess is that it is in fact the title. it is still posted to tool army. mjk had told me they would announce it there first.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 01:52 AM
I have heard this story from about 4 differnt people. To the T

But I have the Hancock to prove it

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 01:58 AM
Kabir is part of the joke. Didnt someone say he increased bandwidth according to new posts?

Carny_Handles
03-05-2006, 02:00 AM

I have that magazine still to this day. If i recall correctly it was an article posted in spin magazine, very cool article i might add.

Nebel
03-05-2006, 02:01 AM

Yeah that's right, IF the artwork is being printed, it would make sense to reveal the title before it leaks and it's around the time now that the artwork is going to be printed. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual art leaks this week and tracklisting. It makes sense to reveal the title as it goes to printing and considering how much of a different title it is and it makes sense to reveal it now rather than have some leak tell you. Also, the title of Lateralus was also revealed in a short post on Toolband:

"1/28/01
The new TOOL album, to be released on April 17th 2001, is entitled LATERALUS."

What are you expecting? Some flash banner with artwork? (That would be cool actually..)

At first Blair made the mistake of posting that particular update two times, then he deleted the other. Maybe he didn't think about posting it on Toolband but after he did, many complained about the fact it wasn't a ToolArmy exclusive so he then decided to make it an exclusive for those complainers, considering it's already been leaked out so it wouldn't make a difference unless the casual-goer decides to go to Toolband and doesn't know about the title.

If it was fake, wouldn't he have removed it from ToolArmy as well as Toolband? If it is fake however, it will be removed from ToolArmy sometime this week or the title will continue to change like System Encephale, so we'll have to wait this week but your point still doesn't prove that it's fake.

Why wouldn't it be? That's what I don't get. You know, even if this is fake, I still like it. So what if it's more down to earth than the other titles? Does it have to be some weird mystic name like Aldaraia or Teleincision or something? Incase you hadn't noticed, Blair said the names for the new album are much more down-to-Earth this time.

So what if it sounds similar to Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists", there are two differences between Tool's album title that alone differentiate them both. For one, Tool's album is in numeric value and two, their title actually MEANS something. Just because you guys know doesn't mean it hasn't got a meaning or it's "nu-metally" because it most likely does, and it probably fits in with the theme of the album, yet you're all stubborn enough to believe so and start making stupid assumptions that the album is political when when we don't know a damn thing. Sure Danny talked about politics in the Kerrang! interview, does that mean the album is about politics? No! He just said he used it as fuel this time around to make a heavier more punishing record and that angst is there again.

If this was also fake, wouldn't have Blair went to the trouble of making up a tracklist to go with it too? Why would he reveal a fake title and NOT a fake tracklisting to set up a ruse with that too? That doesn't make sense either.

You're simply all in denial, you know NOTHING about this record, other than that it'll be heavier, their "blues record" and get it through some of your heads, it is NOT another Lateralus; don't go expecting something spiritual along the lines of it because you simply won't get it, if I learned something about Tool is that they never repeat themselves. Does that mean they won't create a more spiritual record in the future? No, it can be even more spiritual just don't expect another Lateralus, that's all I can say.

You need to stop being in denial and just face the facts, this has got a 95% chance of being true, it's far too late for a "System Encephale" ruse and if the 5% is true then I don't really mind, but it's far more logical believing in the 95% and start coming to terms with the title because if it is true, you're going to have to deal with it. I see some complain that they're not buying the record merely due to the title? I say, what is wrong with you? It's a title! If you're a true fan you have to learn to adapt to this title if it's real, you can keep on believing it's fake, I don't mind but if it's true you should learn to understand the title and it's apart of Tool's evolution.

InertUniformity
03-05-2006, 02:05 AM

Shut your mouth...

What are you gonna say when you learn for certain that '10,000 days' is the title?

you make me sick you piece of shit

You know as much about this title as anyone else...dont tell me that its a hoax - and dont you dare try to tell me or anyone else what '10,000 days' refers to.

go back to the junkyard you noob scumfuck

tcM_Emperor
03-05-2006, 02:10 AM
Shut your mouth...

What are you gonna say when you learn for certain that '10,000 days' is the title?

You know as much about this title as anyone else...dont tell me that its a hoax - and dont you dare try to tell me or anyone else what '10,000 days' refers to.

You're just one of the idiots who believes every fake album title/tracklist that's thrown at you. I bet you're one of the stupid dipshits who believes the album will be political because Maynard and Danny said they didn't like our president. You sir are a fucking moron just like the 10+ people who believed that moron with his scanned letter from the UK ROFL.

Nebel
03-05-2006, 02:12 AM
You're just one of the idiots who believes every fake album title/tracklist that's thrown at you. I bet you're one of the stupid dipshits who believes the album will be political because Maynard and Danny said they didn't like our president. You sir are a fucking moron just like the 10+ people who believed that moron with his scanned letter from the UK ROFL.

I'm gonna laugh so hard at you when this turns out to be real. This has really made me lose loads and loads of respect for certain Tool fans, I had no idea it was this bad.. really... you're a great example of that and gl0tch

InertUniformity
03-05-2006, 02:17 AM

Aw man...this is really depressing... I'm not even gonna respond to this garbage...

Just please ppl... If you dont like the title thats understandable - we dont know all the facts about the album for it to make sense just yet...

but I find it insulting when you try to tell me and everyone else that your CERTAIN that it is a OBVIOUSLY hoax...

Because thats not true.

Nebel
03-05-2006, 02:19 AM
They're in denial. Some are just beginning the denial phase like that certain individual, and some are now in phase 2, what I call, frustration and having to come to terms with the fact that it COULD be the title.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 02:21 AM
Shut your mouth...

I believe I was referring to people just like you when I mentioned a strong online presence and a developed vocabulary. THANK YOU for leading by example.

toodles,

gl0tch

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 02:27 AM
I'm gonna laugh so hard at you when this turns out to be real. This has really made me lose loads and loads of respect for certain Tool fans, I had no idea it was this bad.. really... you're a great example of that and gl0tch

And I am going to laugh even harder when it turns out NOT to be real. I guess the point I am trying to make is that we *should* be asking questions of EVERYTHING, including Blair Bear. Just as much as it could be the title, it also could NOT be. For christ's sake, THE POST IS TAKEN DOWN. Oh, wait, wait... Blair promised you. The same Blair who back peddled and all of a sudden took down a post right after a bitch fest about speculation. But wait... WAIT... You paid money to be more important than everyone else. So THAT means it has to be REAL.

Again, the point is NO ONE knows.

SadSummerSea
03-05-2006, 02:29 AM
blair bear. rah ha.

Boozy Eulogist
03-05-2006, 02:31 AM
my guess is that it is in fact the title. it is still posted to tool army. mjk had told me they would announce it there first.

and they still managed to fuck that one up...haha

InertUniformity
03-05-2006, 02:32 AM
Again, the point is NO ONE knows.

YES!

Thats all I'm saying.

The title of this thread however is "THE TITLE IS NOT 10,000 DAYS".

Nobody is in any position to make such a statement... thats just sad...

it really seems like everyone here is in denial.

The album MIGHT NOT be called 10,000 days...but who can say? Apparently some people can.

Tertius Oculum
03-05-2006, 02:32 AM
My rumor is better than yours!

Nebel
03-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Listen, we're all gonna find out one way or another, all we're doing is repeating ourselves, but I'm just defending the fact that if the title is indeed 10,000 Days, why do you have to be so hard on the band? The title does have a meaning if it's true..

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 02:39 AM
Perhaps I should have titled this thread, "This Thread Warrants a Response."

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Toolarmy exclusive, read better think twice.

Duh. Thats my point. Who told you it would be an exclusive? Something you read somewhere twice removed?

InertUniformity
03-05-2006, 02:42 AM

Sorry to dissapoint you - you pretentious cocksucker. Who made you the god damn judge?

Stop being such a pussy. I know you dont like the title...but chances are its real so deal with it. Dont impose.

If its not real then woopty doo... we will have another title that everyone here will shit all over...

Your opinions are welcome... just stop making everyone else feel small.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 03:02 AM
Sorry to dissapoint you - you pretentious cocksucker. Who made you the god damn judge?

Stop being such a pussy. I know you dont like the title...but chances are its real so deal with it. Dont impose.

If its not real then woopty doo... we will have another title that everyone here will shit all over...

Your opinions are welcome... just stop making everyone else feel small.

again, it seems like another candidate has stepped up for the advanced vocabulary category.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 03:03 AM
Toolarmy members paid too much money for getting the same info as non-payers, that's why.

dont you think that is absurd considering when all is said and done we will be listening to the same album at the end of the day?

fraz
03-05-2006, 03:09 AM
out of curiosity - is the '10000 days' title still on toolarmy?

varg
03-05-2006, 03:10 AM

Wasn't it a suite?

hellboy1975
03-05-2006, 03:11 AM
out of curiosity - is the '10000 days' title still on toolarmy?
Yep

Foamy
03-05-2006, 03:17 AM
Did anyone think it was suspicious the way he posted about all the rumors and then the day after posted a supposed "album title"? My theory is that the album title has already been leaked and blair came up with 10,000 Days as a read herring.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 03:18 AM
I think its funny how some people think just because they forked out some cash for certificates and t-shirts, they are the end all be all because some theosophist told them they would be. That shit is the joke of the century.

If the new album is going to break the norm and not be a one word title for once, I propose it should be called, "Your Representations Are Your Undoing."

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 03:24 AM
on that note... I win at Teh Internets.

I'm going to bed.

Rubb.
03-05-2006, 03:39 AM
g'night

Hannibal
03-05-2006, 04:34 AM
i hope it turns out to be the actual title, just so you look like a douche afterwards. No offense to you, but you have no reason to make accusations about all Tool fans being "stupid" for falling for a trick, when you yourself have no clarity on the whole thing. So once again, no offense to you glotch, but I hope it is confirmed so you look like a tool.

Boozy Eulogist
03-05-2006, 04:47 AM
I don't think I'd ever want an album title to be a certain thing just to say "Don't you look stupid now!" to some random forum poster.

But that's me.

Rubb.
03-05-2006, 04:48 AM
Rearrange the letters.

Death's sunny toad?

I LIKE IT!!

Boozy Eulogist
03-05-2006, 04:54 AM
About time they did that Toadies tribute album!

5th Eye
03-05-2006, 07:21 AM
my guess is that it is in fact the title. it is still posted to tool army. mjk had told me they would announce it there first.But they didn't. They announced it on Toolband first.

dischordance
03-05-2006, 07:25 AM
C'mon guys (and gals)... I thought fans of Tool would be MUCH smarter than this...HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Holy shit! That was the funniest thing I've read since June 27th, 1994!

Ganjalf
03-05-2006, 07:30 AM
YOU BE SHOCKED BY THE SIGHT OF 10,000 DAYS IN THE AIR

or however that one disturbed song goes...

TenSpeed
03-05-2006, 08:12 AM
They didn't register 10000days.com or tenthousanddays.com like they said they would...

TenSpeed
03-05-2006, 08:14 AM
YOU BE SHOCKED BY THE SIGHT OF 10,000 DAYS IN THE AIR

or however that one disturbed song goes...
You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of 10,000 (days) in the air...

IC
03-05-2006, 08:19 AM
if it is, cool, if it isnt, cool
its still cool tool fool

dracomordag
03-05-2006, 08:41 AM
I'm not really convinced either way on this one... mainly because i don't care.

If tool wants to call their record "suck on my penis" or "10,000 days" i'll be fine. As long as the music kicks ass.

you_lied
03-05-2006, 10:14 AM
i'm just finally glad that the new album will be out soon. i don't really like 10,000 days, but maybe after i listen to it and/or read the tracklistings it will make more sense.

Ktuluvic
03-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Kabit knows what's up.

So is Kabit the offspring between Kabir and a rabbit?

ProdigyDub
03-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Nebel seems to be one of the few people on these entire boards with an actual brain on his shoulders.

It's so fuckin hilarious how some Tool fans think that Tool's album and song titles can't be real, English, down-to-earth words. I bet all of you types would have been absolutely up-in-arms if Aenima was just now being released and you saw track titles like "Hooker with a Penis" and "Jimmy" on the tracklisting. You'd be all "that's SOOO nu-metal" and "guys i'm worried this album is gonna suck!"

Really sad. If it's called 10,000 Days, which it probably is, there's a very significant meaning behind it, just like like Lateralus, Aenima, etc. Deal with it.

zenkinet
03-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Nebel seems to be one of the few people on these entire boards with an actual brain on his shoulders.

It's so fuckin hilarious how some Tool fans think that Tool's album and song titles can't be real, English, down-to-earth words. I bet all of you types would have been absolutely up-in-arms if Aenima was just now being released and you saw track titles like "Hooker with a Penis" and "Jimmy" on the tracklisting. You'd be all "that's SOOO nu-metal" and "guys i'm worried this album is gonna suck!"

Really sad. If it's called 10,000 Days, which it probably is, there's a very significant meaning behind it, just like like Lateralus, Aenima, etc. Deal with it.
we have to still see if you have a brain on your shoulders, ass kisser :P

dracomordag
03-05-2006, 10:35 AM

+1

ProdigyDub
03-05-2006, 10:40 AM
we have to still see if you have a brain on your shoulders, ass kisser :P

You're right. I'm kissing his ass. Thank you for pointing out to everyone my oh-so-obvious tactics here.

....that ,or my opinion just aligns with his.

zenkinet
03-05-2006, 10:42 AM
You're right. I'm kissing his ass. Thank you for pointing out to everyone my oh-so-obvious tactics here.

....that ,or my opinion just aligns with his.
everyone has opinions, just because you don't agree with some doesn't mean they are wrong or that you have less a brain, it depends how well you can justify your opinions, that is all.

s ti N Kfizt
03-05-2006, 10:44 AM
its still cool tool fool
don't know who you responded this to, but it's funny. *LAZY* i guess you're talking about the 10000 days..

ProdigyDub
03-05-2006, 10:46 AM
everyone has opinions, just because you don't agree with some doesn't mean they are wrong or that you have less a brain, it depends how well you can justify your opinions, that is all.

I don't want to berate people on here whose opinions differ IF they back up what they're saying. However, 90% of the "no way is this the title" camp have absolutely no real reason to say that other than "it's too 'lame' to be a Tool title".

To make such a sweeping statement which contradicts something which has been posted on TB and is still on TA should require some pretty serious factual information--and nobody here refuting the album title seems to have any. People are just mindlessly cursing the title because a lot of them seemingly think if it's not some crazy out there made-up word then they won't be able to derive the same meaning from the album. That's not having a brain on your shoulders--I stand by that.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 11:11 AM
its still cool tool fool

This post made me happy.

dracomordag
03-05-2006, 11:21 AM
This post made me happy.

truth

zenkinet
03-05-2006, 11:24 AM
I don't want to berate people on here whose opinions differ IF they back up what they're saying. However, 90% of the "no way is this the title" camp have absolutely no real reason to say that other than "it's too 'lame' to be a Tool title".

To make such a sweeping statement which contradicts something which has been posted on TB and is still on TA should require some pretty serious factual information--and nobody here refuting the album title seems to have any. People are just mindlessly cursing the title because a lot of them seemingly think if it's not some crazy out there made-up word then they won't be able to derive the same meaning from the album. That's not having a brain on your shoulders--I stand by that.
i agree with your opinions.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Look. Let me set this straight, ok? It doesnt have to be some made up word like aldaria, orprshih, or eraetbeuib. Trust me, I get enough of that listening to Autechre song titles. For all I care, it could be called "happy hippie horseshit." Whatever.

If you want logical facts, here's why I think it *might* not be 10,000 days.

1.) Post went bye-bye. -Promises, exclusives, who says where what will be at first, etc., is all a bunch of hearsay. I dont care if you paid money to be temporarily more special. It doesnt matter. It doesnt count here.

2.) The aforementioned bye-bye post comes literally one day after Blair Bear got heat pieced over the same shit we are still doing here.

3.) Uh, there already is a record by someone called 10,000 days. And guess what? Its a "blues" record. And you know what? You know what? MJK said this is going to be a blues record. Wow! The Synchronicity! The world is coming to an end! Is this interview even published officially? Do any of you have an actual copy of said interview or did you just read the transcript here? If the latter, again, more reason to stroke your chin.

4.) Fans are willing to embrace the differences between bands like Tool and Disturbed. To the general public, they might not be so inclined though. If either band sells a million records, do you think its because they have literally a million die-hard fans who know exactly what the difference is between a hardrock song by Disturbed and what they would label a nu-metal song by Tool? No. Regardless, the similarities HAVE to be taken in consideration. Frankly, its a poor marketing strategy to the general less-than-fanboy-informed public. I can just picture 14 yr old Timmy asking Nana for the new Tool cd for Xmas. And when Nana goes to the local BestBuy and asks Darnell for the album 10,000 something, guess who is going to be pissed when he unwraps that one?

5.) Plus, its been known Blair has an affinity for subtle insults towards other bands in the past. Could this just be another joke? A disturbing one at that?

zenkinet
03-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Look. Let me set this straight, ok? It doesnt have to be some made up word like aldaria, orprshih, or eraetbeuib. Trust me, I get enough of that listening to Autechre song titles. For all I care, it could be called "happy hippie horseshit." Whatever.

If you want logical facts, here's why I think it *might* not be 10,000 days.

1.) Post went bye-bye. -Promises, exclusives, who says where what will be at first, etc., is all a bunch of hearsay. I dont care if you paid money to be temporarily more special. It doesnt matter. It doesnt count here.

2.) The aforementioned bye-bye post comes literally one day after Blair Bear got heat pieced over the same shit we are still doing here.

3.) Uh, there already is a record by someone called 10,000 days. And guess what? Its a "blues" record. And you know what? You know what? MJK said this is going to be a blues record. Wow! The Synchronicity! The world is coming to an end! Is this interview even published officially? Do any of you have an actual copy of said interview or did you just read the transcript here? If the latter, again, more reason to stroke your chin.

4.) Fans are willing to embrace the differences between bands like Tool and Disturbed. To the general public, they might not be so inclined though. If either band sells a million records, do you think its because they have literally a million die-hard fans who know exactly what the difference is between a hardrock song by Disturbed and what they would label a nu-metal song by Tool? No. Regardless, the similarities HAVE to be taken in consideration. Frankly, its a poor marketing strategy to the general less-than-fanboy-informed public. I can just picture 14 yr old Timmy asking Nana for the new Tool cd for Xmas. And when Nana goes to the local BestBuy and asks Darnell for the album 10,000 something, guess who is going to be pissed when he unwraps that one?

5.) Plus, its been known Blair has an affinity for subtle insults towards other bands in the past. Could this just be another joke? A disturbing one at that?
heh, well said

Cynical/Sarcastic
03-05-2006, 11:53 AM
MJK said this is going to be a blues record.

Danny Carey said that jokingly.

waffel
03-05-2006, 11:54 AM
But they didn't. They announced it on Toolband first.

Which is even more reason to believe its not real. That, and the fact that he posted it "because it was going to be leaked out anyway" which ment he wanted to get the information out to everyone before they heard it somewhere else first.

The irony is, thats exactaly whats happening now. EVERYONE (except the dumbshits that bought TA) is hearing it from somewhere else. Good job alerting the public.

TornDown
03-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I personally don't think that this is the new title myself. It seems that the TA (myself included although I didn't know about it) members are entitled to hearing the album title first. Blair, not thinking, posted the "new title" on toolband before he posted it on toolarmy. Then he went "Oh shit!" and removed it from the toolband site so as to make it seem like toolarmy was getting an exclusive news bulletin. This would be more believable because toolarmy members were promised to know the info on the new cd first. Faux pas anyone?

Nebel
03-05-2006, 12:04 PM

I don't care what it's called either...

I've already explained this, Kabir said that Maynard said the title would be announced on ToolArmy first of all. But Blair made the mistake of announcing it on Toolband and ToolArmy. After people pissed and moaned that ToolArmy didn't get this exclusive, he decided to limit it to ToolArmy to stop the members from moaning. It's still up there and if it's not removed this week, or it's changed, then it's definitely fake but so far it isn't and it hasn't been. So that point is irrelevant, it doesn't matter if people paid more money, ToolArmy is an OFFICIAL site.

I doubt Blair or the band could give a shit about what we're saying here or what they think of the title regardless of whatever it's called. They agreed to whatever title and they chose what's best suited to the album, even if it is different and that's something we all have to respect even though we might hate the title.

Yes, I have the actual magazine with the interview and there have been scans if I remember correctly. I'm viewing it right as I type this. And for your information, that record was released in 1999, I doubt Tool even know that album and it's not a "Blues" album, but a "Country" album. So that's another irrelevant point. Also, they provided hints that this would be Tool's new album even before the interview and this post. Look at the January newsletter.

That is a good point I'll give you that, but this is Tool we're talking about. I doubt they care about the fact it's similar to Ten Thousand Fists. It might be a pun against them, but there's always the chance it might not be and judging from the theories around here, 10,000 Days has much more to it than a ridiculous name like "Ten Thousand Fists". Which just about sums up Disturbed.

Could be, but at this point no one knows. We're all assuming, but at this point, it's ON that website, and people have a right to believe it's real and official whilst you others are denying the fact that it could be fake on just basis alone.

Either way, by the end of this month we will know the final title. I don't mean to sound arrogant but at this point the speculation starts to annoy you considering that it's an official source. Unlike a supposed leak, where people actually believed those leaks rather than something coming from Blair.

InertUniformity
03-05-2006, 12:18 PM
again, it seems like another candidate has stepped up for the advanced vocabulary category.

what are you even talking about? Do i need to use big words if i wanna impress you? Sorry buddy I'll talk however the hell i want to talk.

If you want to talk about vocabulary - try me.

IMO your not worth it because all you do is spread LIES and make people miserable.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Uh, ok holmes. Go reread the original post in this thread. I've yet to go spread lies and you my friend, have an unclean mouth.

toodles,

gl0tch

InertUniformity
03-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Uh, ok holmes. Go reread the original post in this thread. I've yet to go spread lies and you my friend, have an unclean mouth.

toodles,

gl0tch

Don't patronize me - I'm not your fucking friend.

Give up the whole dirty mouth thing - me swearing doesn't mean that I'm an idiot - actually it means that I'm pissed at n00bs like you who make outlandish cliams and then cant back them up sufficiently.

LOOK AT THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD YOU MORON. That is a lie.

Everything you've said thus far is speculation - You dont know anymore than anyone else here.

In the initial post you express dissapointment in Tool fans because some of them believe '10,000 days' actually is the title.

Sorry to break it to you but (as Nebel has pointed out) all of the evidence you've presented thus far is tenuous as best.

You dont seem to understand how utterly pretentious you sound when you say that you thought Tool fans were smarter than this. That makes you appear better than everyone here. And I think thats offensive - I'm sure other people do too.

Prove to me (and the rest of the people here who see through your facade of fake ass maturity and sophistication) the title of the album is NOT '10,000 days' - if you can then my hat is off to you. If you cant - change the god damn thread title - and appologize to every Tool fan for calling them stupid.

gl0tch
03-05-2006, 01:12 PM
You're mad. And I win at Teh Internetz. Calling people n00bs is soooo.... 1998.
I'm not better than the tool fans here. Just you.

Sugar and Dumpling,

gl0tch

tool25
03-05-2006, 01:12 PM
who cares its TOOl. they can name the cd whatver they want

Bogart
03-05-2006, 01:16 PM
I agree, I don't believe this will be the title of the new record

Andy DV
03-05-2006, 01:28 PM
I personally don't think that this is the new title myself. It seems that the TA (myself included although I didn't know about it) members are entitled to hearing the album title first. Blair, not thinking, posted the "new title" on toolband before he posted it on toolarmy. Then he went "Oh shit!" and removed it from the toolband site so as to make it seem like toolarmy was getting an exclusive news bulletin. This would be more believable because toolarmy members were promised to know the info on the new cd first. Faux pas anyone?

yea the fact that he took it off toolband but kept it on ta and made it an exclusive is troubling...makes me more inclined to see it as legit.but then again i dont really care. i think this is the first time ive ever given an album title a second thought.

gl0tch
03-06-2006, 12:22 AM
For tonight. Will comment when the physical disk is in my hand.

Staticfactory
03-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Learn to Swim.

You automatically forfeit all credibility when you quote a Tool song in a [seemingly] thoughtful post.

P.S - You used the term "hearsay" (heresy) to describe the situation with the title announcement appearing on Toolband before Toolarmy and attempted to use this point as leverage for your argument. Considering your supporting arguments are all based on nothing but speculation (and attempted deduction) I wouldn't be quick to say that your opinion is more valid than the other Tool fans that you successfully insulted.

STA
03-06-2006, 10:15 AM
P.S - You used the term "hearsay" (heresy)

Uh, I'm pretty sure he meant hearsay.

plexus
03-06-2006, 10:37 AM

P.S - You used the term "hearsay" (heresy)

yea youre an idiot. hearsay is a word.

Sagacious Foetu
03-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Perhaps I should have titled this thread, "This Thread Warrants a Response."
you're kind of an asshole, you know that?

evfain
03-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I dunno, at this point I'm thinking more that it is 10,000 Days. But, I'm not going to dismiss the possibility that it could stand for something else. I know Myriad has been mentioned before, and I kinda hope it's that. Just sounds/looks cooler to me.

gl0tch
03-06-2006, 11:04 AM
you're kind of an asshole, you know that?

You're in love with me.

gl0tch
03-06-2006, 11:24 AM
I just noticed that the post on toolband regarding 10,000 days is the only one NOT underscored by a purple BMB.'

that's peculiar....

Staticfactory
03-06-2006, 11:33 AM
yea youre an idiot. hearsay is a word.

I don't believe I stated that "hearsay" is not a word. I put 'heresy' in brackets beside it for a reason. Come on now.

waffel
03-06-2006, 12:22 PM
You automatically forfeit all credibility when you quote a Tool song in a [seemingly] thoughtful post.

P.S - You used the term "hearsay" (heresy) to describe the situation with the title announcement appearing on Toolband before Toolarmy and attempted to use this point as leverage for your argument. Considering your supporting arguments are all based on nothing but speculation (and attempted deduction) I wouldn't be quick to say that your opinion is more valid than the other Tool fans that you successfully insulted.

You're an idiot. You just didnt open your 3rd eye and let yourself sprial out while reading his post.

Staticfactory
03-06-2006, 12:41 PM
You're an idiot. You just didnt open your 3rd eye and let yourself sprial out while reading his post.

Hah! Well done.

n3b2w
03-06-2006, 08:58 PM
said it once, i'll say it again....

march 3- 10,000 days 'leaked' as title

march 7 through 14- artwork will be 'leaked'

march 15 through 25- tracklisting will be 'leaked'

april 1- we will all get a good laugh

april 2- real title, artwork, tracklisting will be leaked

Ryan
03-06-2006, 08:59 PM
said it once, i'll say it again....

march 3- 10,000 days 'leaked' as title

march 7 through 14- artwork will be 'leaked'

march 15 through 25- tracklisting will be 'leaked'

april 1- we will all get a good laugh

april 2- real title, artwork, tracklisting will be leaked

sounds right.

tcM_Emperor
03-06-2006, 09:06 PM

How's this for some facts:

10,000 Days

Tool has recently finished recording and mastering their fourth full-length studio album titled 10,000 Days. The new album title announcement was posted on the official Tool website on March 3, 2006; however, the same day, this announcment was moved to the fanclub exclusive area at Toolarmy.com. Why it was posted non-exclusively and then moved remains a mystery, but since then, the title has been reposted on the main website. Considering the events preceding the release of Lateralus, during which the band promoted the false title Systema Encéphale, 10,000 Days is not necessarily a final title, but its repost on the main website lends some additional credibility. There have been many rumors about the newest release, including potential stylistic changes, possible titles and a slew of release dates. Since the members of Tool avoid press and rarely grant interviews, there was little evidence to support any of these claims.

Nevertheless, well accepted facts are that the new record was completed on January 29, 2006, was mastered on January 31 and will be released "sometime in May, and hopefully earlier in that month as opposed to later." Tourmates Fantômas and Meshuggah have been cited as recent influences.

So wait a second, Tool promoted a fake album name with Lateralus! Why would they do that? Why to stop leaks of course! And why exactly do you idiots believe they wouldn't do the same thing this time around? Do you really believe they would release the album name this early after apparently being so concerned with leaks? Don't think so, and the fact that you guys actually believe Tool would make an album named 10,000 days proves your idiocy further. The real album name will be released with the single.

Ryan
03-06-2006, 09:08 PM

10,000 Days

Tool has recently finished recording and mastering their fourth full-length studio album titled 10,000 Days. The new album title announcement was posted on the official Tool website on March 3, 2006; however, the same day, this announcment was moved to the fanclub exclusive area at Toolarmy.com. Why it was posted non-exclusively and then moved remains a mystery, but since then, the title has been reposted on the main website. Considering the events preceding the release of Lateralus, during which the band promoted the false title Systema Encéphale, 10,000 Days is not necessarily a final title, but its repost on the main website lends some additional credibility. There have been many rumors about the newest release, including potential stylistic changes, possible titles and a slew of release dates. Since the members of Tool avoid press and rarely grant interviews, there was little evidence to support any of these claims.

Nevertheless, well accepted facts are that the new record was completed on January 29, 2006, was mastered on January 31 and will be released "sometime in May, and hopefully earlier in that month as opposed to later." Tourmates Fantômas and Meshuggah have been cited as recent influences.

So wait a second, Tool promoted a fake album name with Lateralus! Why would they do that? Why to stop leaks of course! And why exactly do you idiots believe they wouldn't do the same thing this time around? Do you really believe they would release the album name this early after apparently being so concerned with leaks? Don't think so, and the fact that you guys actually believe Tool would make an album named 10,000 days proves your idiocy further.

add this to the collection:

Only one month later, they revealed that it was actually titled Lateralus and that Systema had been a ruse,[10] much to the dismay of music magazines and commercial websites who had committed headlong to the fake title.

n3b2w
03-06-2006, 09:10 PM

10,000 Days

So wait a second, Tool promoted a fake album name with Lateralus! Why would they do that? Why to stop leaks of course! And why exactly do you idiots believe they wouldn't do the same thing this time around? Do you really believe they would release the album name this early after apparently being so concerned with leaks? Don't think so, and the fact that you guys actually believe Tool would make an album named 10,000 days proves your idiocy further. The real album name will be released with the single.

exactly.

and why do you think blair posted it, took it off, reposted it, took it off and reposted it again? to make people believe it was a 'mistake' that he posted and that he shouldn't have given that info out. so technically, they are going about it a little more systematically than they did with lateralus.

Ryan
03-06-2006, 09:11 PM
And still, lameness would rule if Tool does the same thing twice.

they did the same thing 4 times with the signed lateralus vinyls.

Ryan
03-06-2006, 09:12 PM
What? They released a fake album name + tracklist fot the Lateralus vinyls?

no, they fucked with us 4 times in terms of when they'd be up and how we'd acquire them. same deal.

tcM_Emperor
03-06-2006, 09:17 PM
And still, lameness would rule if Tool does the same thing twice.

Um, why? They're doing it to do anything they can to stop any form of leaks. Personally I see that as a good thing, I think they deserve as much money as possible for being one if not the best band in the world right now.

Ryan
03-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Um, why? They're doing it to do anything they can to stop any form of leaks. Personally I see that as a good thing, I think they deserve as much money as possible for being one if not the best band in the world right now.

correct. even by convincing toolshed.down.net to place this ugly banner (http://toolshed.down.net/pix/10kdayssoon.jpg) on its front page for the naive masses to see.

gl0tch
03-06-2006, 09:23 PM
I am glad *some* of you have sense when it comes to seeing how retarded the possibility of this album being called 10, 000 Days is.

I just chuckled when I thought how funny it would be if they called it Lateralus II just to be funny. Not that I literally want a lateralus v.2.0, it would just be funny if they did that. That would really fuck some people up.

tcM_Emperor
03-06-2006, 09:23 PM
correct. even by convincing toolshed.down.net to place this ugly banner (http://toolshed.down.net/pix/10kdayssoon.jpg) on its front page for the naive masses to see.

Indeed, btw you should lay the kittens on the ground to form a yin-yang and make that your avatar, talk about genius?

n3b2w
03-06-2006, 09:26 PM
new title= salateraenpiatetow

Ticks and Leeches
03-06-2006, 09:32 PM
This is so much fun.

Ryan
03-06-2006, 09:33 PM
This is so much fun.

shut up, maynard.

Ticks and Leeches
03-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Crucify the ego, Ryan.

Ryan
03-06-2006, 09:36 PM
no. give us the real damn info.

n3b2w
03-06-2006, 09:39 PM

new album's theme (i got this from my dad's boss' cousin, who goes to the same dry cleaner as justin) is side projects. you know, each song in the style of each band member's other bands.

gl0tch
03-06-2006, 09:39 PM
haha, thats not maynard

Ticks and Leeches
03-06-2006, 09:40 PM

Be patient.

n3b2w
03-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Why do we feel the need to analyze everything this band does (or doesn't do). Isn't the reason we all like Tool is the combination of music, lyrics, message and artwork? Can't we all just be satisfyied when we get these all together and not trying to be the first one with the tracklisting or the artwork. Thats not the point. I suggest we stop the madness, wait until we are told when the album is coming out, collectively go to buy the album at the same time and listen to the album collectively at the same time as Tool fans...................and then the oral sex.

Ryan
03-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Be patient.

*waits it out*

Alistair_Carson
03-06-2006, 09:50 PM
I've figured it out, this is what will happen. The new album will comprise of a jewel case and a non-transparent slip cover. On the slip cover, the title will read "10,000 Days" and the said tracks respectively. The underlying jewel case, however, will read the actual, authentic title and display the actual, authentic song listings. That way, consumers not only have the new album, but also a piece of the decoy facade that has already been so widely accepted as the truth.

Ticks and Leeches
03-06-2006, 09:53 PM
*waits it out*

Mention this to me.

n3b2w
03-06-2006, 09:58 PM
I've figured it out, this is what will happen. The new album will comprise of a jewel case and a non-transparent slip cover. On the slip cover, the title will read "10,000 Days" and the said tracks respectively. The underlying jewel case, however, will read the actual, authentic title and display the actual, authentic song listings. That way, consumers not only have the new album, but also a piece of the decoy facade that has already been so widely accepted as the truth.

or....

the album cover states 10,000 Days....but you will need the special Aenima 3-D case to see what the actual title, tracklisting is.

or....

we need to get the decoder ring from the box of ovaltine to decypher the actual info.

Alistair_Carson
03-06-2006, 10:10 PM
or....

the album cover states 10,000 Days....but you will need the special Aenima 3-D case to see what the actual title, tracklisting is.

or....

we need to get the decoder ring from the box of ovaltine to decypher the actual info.

Possibly... I guess we better get Blair to summon Obelisong again.

Liam
03-06-2006, 10:34 PM
..or the album will be released on tape, formatted such that teddy ruxpin mouths the words.

n3b2w
03-06-2006, 11:08 PM
..or the album will be released on tape, formatted such that teddy ruxpin mouths the words.

funniest thing i've heard in a long time.

noisetherapy
03-06-2006, 11:12 PM

one can only hope

Nemesis
03-07-2006, 12:21 AM
I am glad *some* of you have sense when it comes to seeing how retarded the possibility of this album being called 10, 000 Days is.

Looks as though it's true though!

[03/06/06] - Album Name Confirmed

Well so much for all the conspiracy theories. A reliable source confirms that the title is "10,000 Days." There it is! (Those of you complaining that it "doesn't sound like a Tool title" might want to refer back to other mathematically-themed names such as "Forty-Six & 2", "4 Degrees", "Parabola", etc.) It is sounding more and more like the album will be out at the start of May.

[Posted by Kabir] §

ARMZ
03-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Ha......Hahh

orange.juice
03-07-2006, 12:48 AM
if it´s a reliable source then... IT MUST BE TRUE.

but srsly, it can´t be much longer until someone involved in the production process will leak the real deal. Even if it´s 10,000 Days.

gl0tch
03-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Yeah....

We rise from 95% to 97%....

Those last percents being reserved like this:

1% just because
1% Blair, the main man, tells something different
1% I actually have the album in my hands

+1

ProdigyDub
03-07-2006, 01:11 AM

10,000 Days

A previous instance in which Tool released a fake title/tracklisting for Lateralus is in absolutely no way a "fact" to disprove the validity of the 10,000 Days claim.

I appreciate your smart-ass post, but you have done absolutely nothing to back up your claims. Ironically, the fact that Tool has already pulled a stunt in which they mass-released fake album info actually DISCREDITS your own argument.

magnolia
03-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Your second G is a failure. End it and yourself.
Weird.

-Jesse
03-07-2006, 01:38 AM
"There’s some pretty interesting (unusual) stuff there, alright, but at this point all I can say is that the RGPOS is a must! (Did you notice that the ‘a’ is out of place – should be before the ‘o’, which I’m assuming is a typo?)"

Ten Thousand Days

"(Did you notice that the ‘a’ is out of place – should be before the ‘o’, which I’m assuming is a typo?)"

Ten Tha sound Days

Tha Sound - Ten Days

Sooo..... ten days from when the name was released would be March 13th and a sunday (where i am) and where i live new records usually get released on a sunday.

.....sorry about that, im just gripping on to any evidence to prove that this album name is a falacy.

On another note when BMB was saying that "The first thing they mentioned (on the list) is a possibility, but 40 of the little suckers seems a bit excessive" maybe he was refering to the long list of shows that they released on the site?.

And.... one more thing. There was none of the usual BMB in purple at the bottom of the post about the new album name. Maybe BMB didn't write it? orrrr maybe he did but he just doesn't want to put his name down to something that isn't true so he wont loose any of his reputation... you have to admit it... he hasn't been so much of an arse lately (until now) but then again Tool havn't been doing much lately.

Yeah guys, sorry about the first post.

orange.juice
03-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Ten Thousand Days

"(Did you notice that the ‘a’ is out of place – should be before the ‘o’, which I’m assuming is a typo?)"

Ten Tha sound Days

Tha Sound - Ten Days

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!

-Jesse
03-07-2006, 01:47 AM
like i said, im just gripping on to any evidence that proves that the new album isn't called "10,000 days". IMO, its very much-not toolish, but then again, wouldn't that make it very toolish?

magnolia
03-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Seriously, this has to be the most fun time on ToolNavy ever... watching everyone argue SO FUCKING HARSHLY, just waiting in agony for real confirmations to come and start spawning even harsher, more retarded arguments. Can't wait to watch all the disgusting, unified ass-kissing the day we actually listen to the album. Everyone will be back to their boring 1337 forum double-speak and insulting each other's moms, and oh boy the good-natured fun will resume.

But really... insults and sarcasm aside, this forum truly is entertaining. And without the weird, quick-tempered responses or being the first to reply with "go kill yourself", it would get boring... for those who actually feel that comments like that warrant any sort of valuable response.

orange.juice
03-07-2006, 01:53 AM
the day the album is out, i´ll leave here for some months. It´s fucking summer then!

-Jesse
03-07-2006, 01:56 AM
haha, its nice to know that you guys respect eachother. Back on topic, i doubt (highly) the album will be released this sunday. But whats wrong with a little bit of fun?. I also highly doubt the album name will be '10,000' days, what, BMB wouldn't just post something like that out of nowhere like he did. Or would he?

magnolia
03-07-2006, 01:58 AM
the day the album is out, i´ll leave here for some months. It´s fucking summer then!
Yeah... Summer of Tool! The last Summer of Tool was soooo memorable*.

*Was also Summer of Drugs

Ticks and Leeches
03-07-2006, 02:09 AM
Ten Thousand Days

Ten Tha sound Days

Tha Sound - Ten Days

This has to be the most mundane interpretation i’ve heard so far.

-Jesse
03-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Did you mean mundane?

And yes thanks, i havn't been under the influence for a while now (by my standards) and im actually thinking strait.

Ticks and Leeches
03-07-2006, 02:15 AM
LoL

My mistake. Coincidentally my roommate is blasting Mudvayne, in a minute or two i'm to going to play congas on his kidneys.

ArizonaBay
03-07-2006, 08:00 AM
When the album comes out will you guys believe it or think its a decoy? My roomate is currently trying to end the world with hip hop.

Staticfactory
03-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Seriously, this has to be the most fun time on ToolNavy ever... watching everyone argue SO FUCKING HARSHLY, just waiting in agony for real confirmations to come and start spawning even harsher, more retarded arguments. Can't wait to watch all the disgusting, unified ass-kissing the day we actually listen to the album. Everyone will be back to their boring 1337 forum double-speak and insulting each other's moms, and oh boy the good-natured fun will resume.

But really... insults and sarcasm aside, this forum truly is entertaining. And without the weird, quick-tempered responses or being the first to reply with "go kill yourself", it would get boring... for those who actually feel that comments like that warrant any sort of valuable response.

*applauds*

...and people still wonder why the band speaks about the message of Lateralus failing completely (especially within their own 'family'.)

STA
03-07-2006, 10:43 AM
LoL

My mistake. Coincidentally my roommate is blasting Mudvayne, in a minute or two i'm to going to play congas on his kidneys.

LD 50 is a fantastic album. I have no idea what happened to them after that; they just fell apart.

Bogart
03-07-2006, 11:09 AM
LD 50 is a fantastic album. I have no idea what happened to them after that; they just fell apart.

I guess the pieces didn't fit...

STA
03-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Ah, well. Lateralus was a step down from Aenima, too.

varg
03-07-2006, 11:17 AM
I haven't been keeping up. Is this title official now?

STA
03-07-2006, 11:20 AM

It depends on what you mean by "official". If by "official" you mean "announced as 'confirmed' by Kabir, Blair (on Toolband and Toolarmy), a bootleg British rock magazine, and an obscure Australian DJ", then yes.

Edit: Wait, it's not announced on Toolband.

Edit: Wait, yes it is.

Edit: Wait, no it's not.

Edit: Wait, yes it is.

-Jesse
03-07-2006, 02:08 PM

Basacally, yes. Either its official or its one hell of a lead up to the April Fools joke.

5th Eye
03-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Not everyone has Toolarmy.

dracomordag
03-07-2006, 06:53 PM

+1

lachrymoIogy
03-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Ah, well. Lateralus was a step down from Aenima, too. As far as I knew, when tool made something new, it has always been better than the last, no? So....how could lateralus be a step down from aenima?

dracomordag
03-07-2006, 07:29 PM
because some people* think aenima was better than lateralus

*retards ;-)

fraz
03-07-2006, 07:50 PM

*retards ;-)

* people like me

ARMZ
03-07-2006, 07:57 PM
http://www.independentbands.com/cd/bebonorman/tenthousanddays.html

lol

Ryan
03-07-2006, 07:59 PM
fake or not, that most recent description has made my balls warm.

InertUniformity
03-07-2006, 08:08 PM
^ which description?

/V\agina
03-07-2006, 09:10 PM
It is 10,000 days.

Kabir has confirmed it.

fraz
03-07-2006, 09:24 PM
It is 10,000 days.

Kabir has confirmed it.

It's the fact that we're all scarred (exaggerating) from systema encaphale etc... Tool's antics before lateralus came out have caused this.

Nemesis
03-07-2006, 11:31 PM

and people like me

I love aenima

-Jesse
03-07-2006, 11:37 PM
What more proof is there that the album is/isn't called Ten Thousand Days?. Like, stuff we havn't discussed.

*retards ;-)

And I find a lot of people that have been Tool fans since before Ænima was released prefer it to Lateralus. Just something ive noticed.

Archetypically
03-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Kabit knows what's up.
Kabit rules.

Ryan
03-07-2006, 11:59 PM
^ which description?

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=37406

tcM_Emperor
03-08-2006, 02:46 AM
A previous instance in which Tool released a fake title/tracklisting for Lateralus is in absolutely no way a "fact" to disprove the validity of the 10,000 Days claim.

I appreciate your smart-ass post, but you have done absolutely nothing to back up your claims. Ironically, the fact that Tool has already pulled a stunt in which they mass-released fake album info actually DISCREDITS your own argument.

Care to elaborate on how that discredits my own argument? Here's the point which you're apparently too ignorant to see for yourself:

It should be painfully obvious that Tool didn't release the Systema Encéphale fake album name just as a joke. In fact, I fail to understand how that's a joke in the first place. Using common sense and logic, I interpret Tool releasing that fake album name as another means to do anything and everything they could to prevent leaks too early.

Now, if you're like me and have been a fan of Tool for 5+ years, you'd agree that "10,000 days" sounds like a nu-metal album name, not a Tool album name.

But wait, why do you believe this album name? Because Blair announced it? Do I have to repeat myself? HE DID THE SAME THING WITH Systema Encéphale! What does this mean? YOU CANT BELIEVE ANY ALBUM NAMES UNTIL THE SINGLE COMES!

Sorry for the CAPS, just thought I'd emphasize parts of my post for easy digestion for the eyes of ignorance.

tcM_Emperor
03-08-2006, 02:49 AM
It is 10,000 days.

Kabir has confirmed it.

*Flashback*

TOOL CONFIRMS NEW ALBUM NAME: Systema Encéphale!

*ends flashback*

Understand now?

Nemesis
03-08-2006, 02:57 AM
*Flashback*

TOOL CONFIRMS NEW ALBUM NAME: Systema Encéphale!

*ends flashback*

Understand now?

I thought "it must be true" when I read the post on TDN but, it's been said on a thread somewhere else, Kabir was in on the whole Maynard finds Jesus thing, so it's a little harder to believe now.

mattw
03-08-2006, 03:03 AM
Yes, but Tool would be totally lame if they did the same thing twice.

This isn't a personal attack against you McRoggles, but haven't Tool done an April Fool's joke before, not just once, but on several occassions?

So wouldn't it make sense to make another joke or do the same prank this time around?

I mean, if they announce that the album is actually called something else and that '10,000 Days' was a fake etc., who is really gonna care that much once the album has been out for a while, it sells well, the band tours and everyone loves their new music? I know I won't because they have tricked us in the past and it hasn't really stopped me from enjoying their music...

I don't really care what it is called although I'll go with my gut feeling and call the current title a hoax and that we will get the real title sometime soon, as in closer to the single and/or album being released...

InertUniformity
03-08-2006, 09:12 AM
ok ok - so maybe 10,000 Days is another Systema Encephale.

If I remember correctly however...it wasnt very long after the Systema announcement that we learned Lateralus was the title.

We also were given a rather hilarious fake tracklist.

If '10,000 Days' IS NOT REAL - i would wager that the reason its being used is not so the band can fuck with us. i dont think that its a practical joke of any kind.

I would imagine that if we learned of a fake title this early - and we have yet to hear of any others - the band must be protecting the REAL record title/ song title from leaks.

Either way nobody knows but Tool. Therefore im highly suspicious(and you should be too!) of anybody claiming that they know ANYTHING for sure.

Furthermore shitting on anyone else for believing or not believing in '10,000 days' is unfounded. Right now we just don't know enough.

orange.juice
03-08-2006, 09:20 AM
yep, it boils down to this.

svet-am
03-08-2006, 09:42 AM
all of this makes me wonder if the whole 'meshuggah inspired' references are to throw us off too. i grant that the sound is probably harder/different than Lateralus or anything previous, but to explicitly say 'its meshuggah inspired' is to put too fine a point on it.

even after the alleged andy king review, he didn't say anything like 'it sounds meshuggah inspired' -- in fact, he said that one of the tracks sounded commercial, which anything near meshuggah certainly woudn't.

just my $0.02 worth, but it's interesting to note all the same.

jhnygsh
03-08-2006, 10:43 AM
all of this makes me wonder if the whole 'meshuggah inspired' references are to throw us off too. i grant that the sound is probably harder/different than Lateralus or anything previous, but to explicitly say 'its meshuggah inspired' is to put too fine a point on it.

even after the alleged andy king review, he didn't say anything like 'it sounds meshuggah inspired' -- in fact, he said that one of the tracks sounded commercial, which anything near meshuggah certainly woudn't.

just my $0.02 worth, but it's interesting to note all the same.

perhaps meshuggah inspired just refers to its heavy nature. it wouldnt be likely that it would sound anything remotely like meshuggah.

ProdigyDub
03-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Care to elaborate on how that discredits my own argument? Here's the point which you're apparently too ignorant to see for yourself:

It should be painfully obvious that Tool didn't release the Systema Encéphale fake album name just as a joke. In fact, I fail to understand how that's a joke in the first place. Using common sense and logic, I interpret Tool releasing that fake album name as another means to do anything and everything they could to prevent leaks too early.

Now, if you're like me and have been a fan of Tool for 5+ years, you'd agree that "10,000 days" sounds like a nu-metal album name, not a Tool album name.

But wait, why do you believe this album name? Because Blair announced it? Do I have to repeat myself? HE DID THE SAME THING WITH Systema Encéphale! What does this mean? YOU CANT BELIEVE ANY ALBUM NAMES UNTIL THE SINGLE COMES!

Sorry for the CAPS, just thought I'd emphasize parts of my post for easy digestion for the eyes of ignorance.

I guess I shouldn't have expected you to understand my point without me detailing down to a T. So here it is:

Doing the exact same thing multiple times goes against their very progressive and original nature....everything they do tends to be pretty divergent from what they've done in the past. The only consistent Tool tradition that is the April Fools joke, and even that is highly variant from year to year.

Thus, if you actually consider the context in which Tool operates, the fact that "theyve done this before" leads credence to the notion that they WONT do it again, rather than the notion that they would. That is why your point contradicts your own argument.

And the idea that they are simply repeating past behavior to prevent leaks again is foolish. It worked the first time because people didn't expect it. But now that we all know to expect a possible fake, releasing one no longer has any value in preventing leaks. The fake out only works once.

As for the rest of your argument and your capslock bullshit, grow up. It doesn't sound "nu-metal" at all. How the hell can you qualify a title so vague as sounding nu-metal when you dont even know the tracks, their lyrics, or what they represent. "Chocolate Starfish and Hot Dog Flavored Water" sounds nu-metal. 10,000 Days sounds anything but.

tcM_Emperor
03-08-2006, 02:16 PM
I guess I shouldn't have expected you to understand my point without me detailing down to a T. So here it is:

Doing the exact same thing multiple times goes against their very progressive and original nature....everything they do tends to be pretty divergent from what they've done in the past. The only consistent Tool tradition that is the April Fools joke, and even that is highly variant from year to year.

Thus, if you actually consider the context in which Tool operates, the fact that "theyve done this before" leads credence to the notion that they WONT do it again, rather than the notion that they would. That is why your point contradicts your own argument.

And the idea that they are simply repeating past behavior to prevent leaks again is foolish. It worked the first time because people didn't expect it. But now that we all know to expect a possible fake, releasing one no longer has any value in preventing leaks. The fake out only works once.

As for the rest of your argument and your capslock bullshit, grow up. It doesn't sound "nu-metal" at all. How the hell can you qualify a title so vague as sounding nu-metal when you dont even know the tracks, their lyrics, or what they represent. "Chocolate Starfish and Hot Dog Flavored Water" sounds nu-metal. 10,000 Days sounds anything but.

You're right, how can I say it sounds like nu-metal? What's that Disturbed album again? 10,000 fists? but days is much more elaborate!

The fake out only works once? That's interesting because, if this IS a fake it sure looks like this site is falling for it posting that banner on the front page hm? And it sure looks like you're strongly leaning to the side if it being the real album title. This makes it appear that if this was the "POSSIBLE" fake as you deemed it, it's working great!

So let me get this straight, you're assuming that because of Tool's progressive nature they wouldn't repeat a technique to stop any form of leaks? I don't see how it makes any sense that Tool would NOT do anything and everything they could to stop leaks from coming out too early, just like they did with Systema Encéphale

You keep talking about me contradicting my own argument, but check out what you did:

1. You ADMITTED that you know 10,000 days is a possible fake.

2. If it IS a fake, it's working great, completely contradicting what you said.

Put a quarter in and try it again kid.

abrack29
03-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Anyone have the fake tracklisting from Systema Encephale? I never saw it...

dracomordag
03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
You're right, how can I say it sounds like nu-metal? What's that Disturbed album again? 10,000 fists? but days is much more elaborate!

I hate to be the little bitch, but days really is a hell of a lot less "nu-metal" than fists. Nu-metal is all about being overly angry/"street"/hardcore/etc., and fists really paralells that.

ProdigyDub
03-08-2006, 04:27 PM

The fake out only works once? That's interesting because, if this IS a fake it sure looks like this site is falling for it posting that banner on the front page hm? And it sure looks like you're strongly leaning to the side if it being the real album title. This makes it appear that if this was the "POSSIBLE" fake as you deemed it, it's working great!

So let me get this straight, you're assuming that because of Tool's progressive nature they wouldn't repeat a technique to stop any form of leaks? I don't see how it makes any sense that Tool would NOT do anything and everything they could to stop leaks from coming out too early, just like they did with Systema Encéphale

You keep talking about me contradicting my own argument, but check out what you did:

1. You ADMITTED that you know 10,000 days is a possible fake.

2. If it IS a fake, it's working great, completely contradicting what you said.

Put a quarter in and try it again kid.

Talk about pretentious...

First of all, how in the hell does Disturbed having an album called 10,000 Fists make 10,000 Days sound nu metal? First of all, 10,000 Days a much different title than 10,000 Fists--the fact that they both have an arbitrary number within them in no way makes them highly "alike". But furthermore, just because a certain set of words has been used by a band in titling an album in the past does not mean that set of words is commited FOREVER to any certain genre or value judgment. If some group like, say the Eagles, releases an album called "Midnight", does that mean any album later released by the same title reflects the Eagles' musical genre or the meaning behind their songs? No, that's a pretty ridiculous assumption that's youre making. Titles are just words. They mean whatever the band wants them to mean. Theyre symbolic, not absolute.

And of course it's a possible fake. That's exactly my point. Everybody here, myself and yourself included, KNOWS it could be a fake. The first time around, with Lateralus, a much higher percentage of people accepted Systema as the title and were content with that until the real title went public.

Now, though, everybody has their doubts, and thus there is absolutely no prevention of "leaks" taking place. Get this through your apparently very clouded brain--with such a high percentage of people doubting 10,000 Days at the title, there is absolutely NO effect on the prevention of leaks. Releasing a name that people know could possibly be fake doesn't prevent leaks any better than not releasing any name at all. How can you be so dense as to not understand this?

But please continue to fill your posts with more childish rhetoric. You're a condescending fool for no reason other than you want to be--you definitely have done nothing to exhibit that you possess a level of intelligence even above average that would warrant your elitist tone.

Pretty soon we're gonna have to set an over/under on how many posts it's going to take you before you make a thought-provoking or even remotely valid point.

lachrymoIogy
03-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I love how everyone argues about the fact that no one knows anything. The title might be 10,000 days, it might not be. Thst's it, you can't defend any other statement than that. We won't know for sure until we see it on Amazon. Then I'll believe whatever that says.

dracomordag
03-08-2006, 06:51 PM

First of all, how in the hell does Disturbed having an album called 10,000 Fists make 10,000 Days sound nu metal? First of all, 10,000 Days a much different title than 10,000 Fists--the fact that they both have an arbitrary number within them in no way makes them highly "alike". But furthermore, just because a certain set of words has been used by a band in titling an album in the past does not mean that set of words is commited FOREVER to any certain genre or value judgment. If some group like, say the Eagles, releases an album called "Midnight", does that mean any album later released by the same title reflects the Eagles' musical genre or the meaning behind their songs? No, that's a pretty ridiculous assumption that's youre making. Titles are just words. They mean whatever the band wants them to mean. Theyre symbolic, not absolute.

And of course it's a possible fake. That's exactly my point. Everybody here, myself and yourself included, KNOWS it could be a fake. The first time around, with Lateralus, a much higher percentage of people accepted Systema as the title and were content with that until the real title went public.

Now, though, everybody has their doubts, and thus there is absolutely no prevention of "leaks" taking place. Get this through your apparently very clouded brain--with such a high percentage of people doubting 10,000 Days at the title, there is absolutely NO effect on the prevention of leaks. Releasing a name that people know could possibly be fake doesn't prevent leaks any better than not releasing any name at all. How can you be so dense as to not understand this?

But please continue to fill your posts with more childish rhetoric. You're a condescending fool for no reason other than you want to be--you definitely have done nothing to exhibit that you possess a level of intelligence even above average that would warrant your elitist tone.

Pretty soon we're gonna have to set an over/under on how many posts it's going to take you before you make a thought-provoking or even remotely valid point.

This man is a n00b in post count and join date

but he most certainly knows what's up

Jim
03-08-2006, 08:34 PM
So, in summary, both sides of this debate have raised good points as far as I'm concerned. I personally bought into the validity of the title, 10,000 Days (because Kabir said so...and he even pointed out how un-Tool the title sounded himself). I guess I trust TDN more than Toolshed with this sort of thing and I am not a member of Toolarmy. If the title is fake, the irony on me is that I never believed that "Systema Encephile (spelling)?" was the real title for what we all know as Lateralus. It sounded fake to me (It just resembled "System Of A Down" too much to me) , and just because SPIN printed that title with the release date, I didn't see that as evidence of credibility. But with TDN, I do take it as credible. If Kabir did knowingly give out the fake title before the release of Lateralus, I certainly don't remember that. The comparison to the Disturbed CD title hit me just as quick as the Systema.../S.O.A.D. comparison. However, what has not been discussed or researched here is the following: "What significance can we attribute to 10,000 days? Break out your calculators and scrap paper, let's see if there is ANYTHING REMOTELY SIGNIFICANT about this length of time. It works out to 27 years and change, and exactly how long depends whether you factor in leap years. Is there something historical that happened/began/ended 27 or so years ago that could make for TOOL subject matter(furthermore, a whole album's worth)? Or is it a reference to some specific 27-year period in history? Nothing I can think of offhand, but I'm no history scholar. We can't ignore that there will without a doubt be another April-fool's joke, I just didn't think Kabir would assist in one so actively. Or has he helped perpetuate them in the past? I forget. If the title is real, then great, if not, then this was an excellent lesson in skepticism. Everyone go read chapter 12 of Carl Sagan's book "The Demon Haunted World." It seems appropriate for an argument such as this.
---Jim of Hollywood, Floriduh---03/08/06---11:25pmEST---
(Remember: It is very difficult to crucify a T. Rex.)

Inner_Eulogy
03-08-2006, 09:08 PM
So, in summary, both sides of this debate have raised good points as far as I'm concerned. I personally bought into the validity of the title, 10,000 Days (because Kabir said so...and he even pointed out how un-Tool the title sounded himself). I guess I trust TDN more than Toolshed with this sort of thing and I am not a member of Toolarmy. If the title is fake, the irony on me is that I never believed that "Systema Encephile (spelling)?" was the real title for what we all know as Lateralus. It sounded fake to me (It just resembled "System Of A Down" too much to me) , and just because SPIN printed that title with the release date, I didn't see that as evidence of credibility. But with TDN, I do take it as credible. If Kabir did knowingly give out the fake title before the release of Lateralus, I certainly don't remember that. The comparison to the Disturbed CD title hit me just as quick as the Systema.../S.O.A.D. comparison. However, what has not been discussed or researched here is the following: "What significance can we attribute to 10,000 days? Break out your calculators and scrap paper, let's see if there is ANYTHING REMOTELY SIGNIFICANT about this length of time. It works out to 27 years and change, and exactly how long depends whether you factor in leap years. Is there something historical that happened/began/ended 27 or so years ago that could make for TOOL subject matter(furthermore, a whole album's worth)? Or is it a reference to some specific 27-year period in history? Nothing I can think of offhand, but I'm no history scholar. We can't ignore that there will without a doubt be another April-fool's joke, I just didn't think Kabir would assist in one so actively. Or has he helped perpetuate them in the past? I forget. If the title is real, then great, if not, then this was an excellent lesson in skepticism. Everyone go read chapter 12 of Carl Sagan's book "The Demon Haunted World." It seems appropriate for an argument such as this.
---Jim of Hollywood, Floriduh---03/08/06---11:25pmEST---
(Remember: It is very difficult to crucify a T. Rex.)

Maybe it's 10,000 days from the release that means something. Maybe it's 10,000 dumbasses or perhaps10,000 insignifigant dipshits. All I know is that I'm thrilled to hear it as soon as I can

Ryan
03-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Anyone have the fake tracklisting from Systema Encephale? I never saw it...

google it. they aren't hard to find.

check the tdn news archive. the possibilities are endless.

Ticks and Leeches
03-08-2006, 09:18 PM
google it. they aren't hard to find.

check the tdn news archive. the possibilities are endless.

How about you just post the tracklist, Mr. Captain Internet.

Ryan
03-08-2006, 10:46 PM
How about you just post the tracklist, Mr. Captain Internet.

i did in another thread, maynard.

Ticks and Leeches
03-08-2006, 11:03 PM
i did in another thread, maynard.

You should know that I'm the man.

tcM_Emperor
03-09-2006, 01:56 AM

So then I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to argue? The point I was trying to make is that Tool have released a fake album name before to prevent leaks, why wouldn't this be the same thing? You've admitted several times you know it could be a leak, so what's your stance?

Thanks for calling me childish and a fool, your maturity is overwhelming. Unfortunately your only "argument" is calling me names and talking about how un-intelligent my argument is when in fact it's perfectly logical.

1. Tool gave out a fake name in the months prior to the Lateralus release to do anything they could to stop leaks

2. There's no reason they wouldn't do that again, after all... it's to stop leaks!

3. Many people have suspected the title to be a fake, due to it being nothing like any Tool album name in the past nor something most fans could see being a title for a future album.

4. The latest mini-review from someone who heard the album in Australia said the album IS NOT NAMED YET! Wouldnt this mean that the album name is in fact NOT 10,000 days?

So despite how childish I am and how idiotic my argument is, for some reason when you put all the evidence together this name seems like a fake(especially the australian mini-review detailing how the album is NOT named, phew how will you refute that one?). *Waits for Prodigys post that has no counter-argument but rather endless insults*

svet-am
03-09-2006, 04:08 AM
The 'systema encephala' was done in january 2001, Lateralus was announced in february 2001, the album released in may 2001.

10,000 days announced in march 2006, the album will be released in may 2006.

Time is an issue here.

No matter a correct or false name, if song leaks it leaks, false name or not, people find out.

The main question however remains is is Tool lame enough to do the same as in 2001 regarding the decoy.

I believe not.

I agree with most of what you say here, but don't neccessarily think that it means that tool won't pull the fake title Systema Encephale thing again. After all, Maynard and the guys love to show how we're all sheep who fall into patterns and fall for the same lies over and over again (recall the 'Indepence Creed' thing they did during the concerts on the last tour)

the usual
03-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Yea I didn't think about the disturbed album title and if I read about it,I obiviously blocked it out of my mind,thus,I am totally convinced that this title is a decoy.

There I said it!

circulus
03-09-2006, 10:28 AM
10th_millennium?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10th_millennium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_10%2C000_problem

1 year * 10,000 = ?!

oh fuck all this shit.. oO

ProdigyDub
03-09-2006, 11:45 AM
So then I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to argue? The point I was trying to make is that Tool have released a fake album name before to prevent leaks, why wouldn't this be the same thing? You've admitted several times you know it could be a leak, so what's your stance?

Thanks for calling me childish and a fool, your maturity is overwhelming. Unfortunately your only "argument" is calling me names and talking about how un-intelligent my argument is when in fact it's perfectly logical.

1. Tool gave out a fake name in the months prior to the Lateralus release to do anything they could to stop leaks

2. There's no reason they wouldn't do that again, after all... it's to stop leaks!

3. Many people have suspected the title to be a fake, due to it being nothing like any Tool album name in the past nor something most fans could see being a title for a future album.

4. The latest mini-review from someone who heard the album in Australia said the album IS NOT NAMED YET! Wouldnt this mean that the album name is in fact NOT 10,000 days?

So despite how childish I am and how idiotic my argument is, for some reason when you put all the evidence together this name seems like a fake(especially the australian mini-review detailing how the album is NOT named, phew how will you refute that one?). *Waits for Prodigys post that has no counter-argument but rather endless insults*

I really don't even think you're actually reading my posts. I haven't called you a single name other than a condescending fool...which is absolutely true. I'm not calling you idiot, moron, whatever...I'm just saying your tone is not at all warranted.

And you're still not even listening to what I'm saying--releasing a fake album title does NOT prevent leaks when people have such high doubts that the title is even real. Do you get this? It's really very simple. But every time I say it it's almost like you don't even read it.

I'm not saying the album title isn't fake. I'm ONLY saying the people citing all the reasons why it's certainly, definitely fake are using very poor evidence to support their claims.

STA
03-09-2006, 11:47 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_10%2C000_problem

Does this mean my Toshiba laptop might stop working in the year 10,000?

God, I hate Wikipedia.

circulus
03-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Does this mean my Toshiba laptop might stop working in the year 10,000?

God, I hate Wikipedia.

smart answer.
good for you.
In fact, I don´t give a shit about the fckn name of the new album and about what U think.. Just wait... shut up and wait.

Hilikus
03-09-2006, 12:18 PM
i found this when i was messing around, looking for 10000 days on google. It's a quote by a Dr. Wayne Dyer:
"Have you really lived 10,000 or more days,
or have you lived one day 10,000 or more times?"

not sure what this could have to do with the title, but I thought it was interesting

STA
03-09-2006, 12:28 PM
i found this when i was messing around, looking for 10000 days on google. It's a quote by a Dr. Wayne Dyer:
"Have you really lived 10,000 or more days,
or have you lived one day 10,000 or more times?"

not sure what this could have to do with the title, but I thought it was interesting

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=37256

Happyfunball
03-09-2006, 08:32 PM

If you're referring to the Andy King review, that was posted in mid-February in which case, at the time of that particular listening they perhaps were not offering an album title (nor did they offer any track listings as well).

The title "10,000 Days" was not revealed until Blair's mentioning of it at the beginning of March so the point is arguement really has no relevence.

Sometimes dates and times mean everything when quibbling over possible facts. In this case, it could easily be fact that no title was given at that particular moment in Australia meaning his comment about it not being named yet would still be perfectly valid while the "fact" that the disc is now to be named 10,000 Days could still be absolutely true as well.

Did I mention yet that none of this arguing of points and suspicions even matters anyways? When the disc comes out, everyone will know what it is and none of this wasted energy will be able to be re-gained. I myself am missing out on some valuable masterbation time by even responding to this post. Nonetheless, you seem like a well-intentioned person so I felt maybe you would welcome this opinion.

Mehhico
03-09-2006, 08:57 PM
If you're referring to the Andy King review, that was posted in mid-February in which case, at the time of that particular listening they perhaps were not offering an album title (nor did they offer any track listings as well).

The title "10,000 Days" was not revealed until Blair's mentioning of it at the beginning of March so the point is arguement really has no relevence.

Sometimes dates and times mean everything.....

I agree with this last part...dates and times mean everything....names and origin mean nothing, huh? ie- Andy King isnt from Australia.

Your point has no relevence.

Happyfunball
03-10-2006, 05:08 PM
I agree with this last part...dates and times mean everything....names and origin mean nothing, huh? ie- Andy King isnt from Australia.

Your point has no relevence.

You forgot the word "sometimes" which implies that dates and times are not of exclusive importance. Would be nice to have been quoted more accurately in that regard then as I personally in no way believe names and origin mean nothing, nor did my comment imply such. That's a conclusion you've apparently drawn (falsely I might add), and only by first dropping a key word from my sentence so that it fits your line of thinking.

For the record, you are right regarding Andy King. He is not from Australia. I will absolutely conceed that, and I'm surprised you did not quote that moment to begin with where I basically assumed he was. But you will notice my entire post was based on the idea that tcM_Emprorer's comments may have been in reference to Andy King in which case, the point is still valid whether he was in Australia, the UK, or the local Outback Steakhouse. IF he was referring to the King review (and currently I believe he was), that review was posted in mid-February when an album title may or may not have been offered and/or decided upon. It is the only review thus far that I'm aware of which refers to the album as not yet being titled.

The only current report I've seen discussed which DOES stem from Australia is the TripleJ radio comments where he does indeed mention the album title as being 10,000 Days, so in that sense as well, tcM's comments appear to be somewhat jumbled. If there is an additional Australian account claiming that the album title has NOT been set, at best it would be in contradiction to the TripleJ information stating otherwise. Since the TripleJ information has come out, I know of no other review (from Australia or otherwise) that is still suggesting the album has not yet been titled.

I guess from my perspective, it falls back on tcM_Emporer and what he was or wasn't referring to. So, to tcM_Emporer: could you please elaborate on your thoughts and, if you were not referring to the Andy King review then what information where you referring to instead that also claims a title has not yet been decided.

Thank in advance, tcM :)

Loveboat Captain
03-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Who cares if it's real or not?

TheHolyGift
03-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Tool needs to release this fucking album NOW, or we're all gonna kill each other arguing about the title and they'll sell no records.

tedium
03-12-2006, 02:39 AM
Funny how this argument seems so familiar . . . http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=7667&goto=nextnewest

Anyways, I can settle this all for you right now.

You see, my brothers and sisters, the lord Maynard himself came down upon me, he did, and told me the name of the new album. In His rightousness, and in His glory, He has spoken to me the words that shall soon be gracing the CD Jackets which all of you shall possess, more numerous than the bible, the Holy Scripture of the Church of the Tool.

He Himself came to me in this vision, and he moved in close upon the wings of an angel, naked in all His glory, and whispered into my ear the title and wisdom of the next holy book of Tool, which was "AutoFellatio". This seems to be a return to the golden days of Tool, were sucking on your own dick (a la AEnima's magic cover) was the accepted norm.

Anyways, I think we should argue more about whether the title is this or the title is that, because in the grand scheme of thing its incredably important. I mean, while it has no bearing on the actual outcome, and the answer is going to be known soon enough, and the songs are going to be great regardless, this is important to argue about now, because, um, shit, I forgot where I was going with this.

Rarefuel
03-12-2006, 04:58 AM
In my mind the only real info about the new album is the release date.

At least, I hope that part is true.

ParabolicCallus
03-12-2006, 07:05 AM
Im with Rarefuel on this.

Im only worried about the release date. Im taking every other bit of info about the album cautiously, i mean Tool have been known to fool us on a lot of occasions.

InertUniformity
03-12-2006, 10:28 AM
i mean Tool have been known to fool us on a lot of occasions.

um yah.

i agree...its sad because ive waited so long and i want some real info but its just to tough to tell.

eL-TooLo
03-12-2006, 08:42 PM
We don't care about the fucking titles, what we care about is the music we're gonna listen to, and I think it'll be TOOL's best album. Why do we care about fucking titles anyway... they must be laughing knowing that people like us are caring so much about the titles of the album, they must think their fans are fucking retarded... and yes, we're all retarded.

The Official Fiction
03-13-2006, 01:37 AM
Hear, hear!

immyowndamngod
03-13-2006, 01:54 AM
We don't care about the fucking titles, what we care about is the music we're gonna listen to, and I think it'll be TOOL's best album. Why do we care about fucking titles anyway... they must be laughing knowing that people like us are caring so much about the titles of the album, they must think their fans are fucking retarded... and yes, we're all retarded.

kudos to you! yes! yes! we are retarded! i am so glad someone else sees this! :)

martyrinexile86
03-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Maynard wouldn't be that obvious. In first place, the title sounds anything but Tool-ish, u don't go from Aenima and Lateralus to something as mind-numbingly mundane as "10,000 Days'. Like others have said, Maynard's most likely doing this to provoke anticipation for the new album.

Hannibal
03-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Maynard wouldn't be that obvious. In first place, the title sounds anything but Tool-ish, u don't go from Aenima and Lateralus to something as mind-numbingly mundane as "10,000 Days'. Like others have said, Maynard's most likely doing this to provoke anticipation for the new album.

your name is really stupid. i bet that's your email too isn't it?

martyrinexile86
03-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Knowing how awesome the artwork was for the last album, I'm really excited to see what they'll come up with for the new one, their artwork has always been more innovative than alot of other bands

martyrinexile86
03-13-2006, 02:12 PM
your name is really stupid. i bet that's your email too isn't it?
yeah, and your point is?

Mr.Rubberburner
03-13-2006, 02:24 PM
do you and maynard, like, talk on the weekend or something?

idontmind462
03-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Yes, but Tool would be totally lame if they did the same thing twice.
What in Tool's history, besides their music, hasn't proved them lame....

seriously?

Hannibal
03-13-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah, and your point is?

exactly