PDA

View Full Version : Don't make me do this again...

champion
03-04-2006, 07:05 AM
I can't believe this, man.

"10,000 Days" looks like it could very well be the title of the new album. Unless it's a fake title Blair put out to shut everyone up, it's the real deal. So, threads are starting everywhere about how people have assumed that the entire album will be a political mess fucked up by Maynard.

Did the band not earn the trust of its fans over the years? How are you guys so quick to assume the album will be bad just because the name of it seems generic? I like the name. If Godsmack's new album were called 10,000 Days, there would be no doubt in my mind that it would be a colossal amount of dung. But the fact that Tool is involved makes me believe that they WILL make it a good title.

We have no idea what it's gonna sound like, and making threads all pissed off about how disappointing the album will be is pathetic. Just wait. Simply because you are at fault for having such solid expectations for the album's title and Tool completely deceived you, doesn't mean you should be angry at the band. This just furthers their message that one should be patient and virtuous, rather than making assumptions that lead to anger.

Who knows? Maybe this is another Systema Encephale. Or maybe Tool has completed working on a masterful concept album.

Nebel
03-04-2006, 07:08 AM
I agree completely, this is getting out of hand

Noob_Jones
03-04-2006, 07:08 AM
I doubt this is the real title. Come on blair made the post right after a post about fake titles and he did not even sign the post with BMB ... hey I just looked on toolband and that post is gone now...

Nebel
03-04-2006, 07:09 AM
He doesn't sign some of his posts, your point being?

Noob_Jones
My point is obvious.

champion
Nebel, you're a good one on here.

It's amazing to me how people play with their own emotions by putting out assumptions when they have no idea what this album will sound like. They don't want to wait for it and have faith in the band. They enjoy creating disappointment more than waiting for something that will probably be amazing.

toolloot
on the other hand, it could be really shit. Although doubtful, it's more than possible.

Noob_Jones
03-04-2006, 07:10 AM
"think for yourself question authority"

LoLathon, mmmk?

Really what is wrong with questioning what we have heard?

Rav
03-04-2006, 07:10 AM
Very well put. I think most of the people here are setting themselves up for disappointment. If you had expected an album like Undertow whilst waiting for Aenima, you wouldn't have got it. So why not sit back, wait patiently for an album from the band we all love? I'm sure that whatever the evolution in sound may be, it will be worthwhile because it is Tool.

champion
03-04-2006, 07:12 AM

LoLathon, mmmk?

Really what is wrong with questioning what we have heard?

Nothing wrong with questioning. There is a problem with creating malicious answers for yourself based on assumptions, and then being let down whn the actual product is not what you expected.

Noob_Jones
03-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Maybe because this is a Tool forum and there is only so much to talk about when a band gives little info.

What should we all be doing if not talking about Tool on a Tool forum?

champion
03-04-2006, 07:14 AM
I don't know, maybe... other things available to you in life?

It's alright to question and have fun and create rumors. I'm just upset because people have begun to lash out at the band for not giving them exactly what they want. What's the point of waiting then? As long asyou are a patient person, playing with possibilities is fine. But when people become impatient, they harness their fabricated disappointments into anger towards the band.

steve99_9
What should we all be doing if not talking about Tool on a Tool forum?
not being retards and posting useless crap

toolloot

I never liked the idea of being told to think for myself...

IC
03-04-2006, 07:15 AM
I would have been dissapointed if it was something like Adarianianaina or Echonnoical or w/e the fuck. It would have been the same thing they'd done with lateralis. Im glad theyre going some where else with it rather than stay in the same place. Opiate had to do with the religious referances, Undertow with the water/sex motif, Aenima-the spiritual cleansing, Lateralis about communication, etc. Yeah Aenima and Lateralis aren't exactly words, but why do we need to make all tool album titles like that? Give it a rest. Let the band do what they do- make fucking amazing music.

orange.juice
03-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Close your eyes, do some drugs of your choice and enjoy the upcoming total Tool pwnage.

orange.juice
03-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Let the band do what they do- make fucking amazing music.

toolloot
03-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Wow you rebel, no one can boss you around.

Uuuhh... Yeah! ...

Wretched
03-04-2006, 07:20 AM
I think everyone should go on hiatus and stop caring.

toolloot
03-04-2006, 07:21 AM
Yep. If you talk about Tool and the new album here you should be banned. Duh.

Noob_Jones
03-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Uuuhh... Yeah! ...

Go listen to the new Tool album when it comes out.

Now what are ya gonna do?

toolloot
03-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Concider it.

s ti N Kfizt
03-04-2006, 07:34 AM
didnt read the replies and all of the champion's post, but i agree.

gerbil
03-04-2006, 07:56 AM
I would have been dissapointed if it was something like Adarianianaina or Echonnoical or w/e the fuck. It would have been the same thing they'd done with lateralis. Im glad theyre going some where else with it rather than stay in the same place. Opiate had to do with the religious referances, Undertow with the water/sex motif, Aenima-the spiritual cleansing, Lateralis about communication, etc. Yeah Aenima and Lateralis aren't exactly words, but why do we need to make all tool album titles like that? Give it a rest. Let the band do what they do- make fucking amazing music.

Lateralus is a word.

Ænima is a word, too. It's a combination of enema and anima.

Noob_Jones
03-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Lateralus is a word? What is its definition?

toolloot
03-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Lateral, Laterally, Lateralisation.

They're all words with dictionary definitions. Lateralus is not a defined word but is surely connect to the above words.

ATARI
03-04-2006, 08:23 AM
isn't lateralus a muscle?

Estevan
03-04-2006, 08:27 AM
As I predicted long ago, this will be T00L Jump the Shark record.
Seriously, it's gonna suck.

mike tyson
03-04-2006, 08:34 AM
It's not on Toolband anymore... it's NOT the title.

mike09
03-04-2006, 08:36 AM
its on Toolarmy, though.

influenced
03-04-2006, 08:39 AM
It's not on Toolband anymore... it's NOT the title.

It's on TA as an exclusive.

Goldfoot
03-04-2006, 08:41 AM
isn't lateralus a muscle?

The Vastus Lateralus is in the thigh, yes.

dracomordag
03-04-2006, 09:57 AM
and before anyone posts it, it is spelled lateralis in some books and lateralus in others.

that said, I have my worries and I have my hopes for the upcoming album. I'm just gonna wait.

InertUniformity
03-04-2006, 12:28 PM

Neither can I. Its fucking sad really. People here are either skeptical fucks - or cynical bastards.

The title is fucking real. Let go of your egos for christ sake. ITS STILL POSTED ON TOOL ARMY - if you wanna see it get a god damn account.

We may know the title but we have NO IDEA what it means. Sure it doesn't sound like any of Tool's other album titles - but come on now... I'm guessing the music will be a bit different too. Tool evolves...they said it themselves. Anything anyone says about '10,000 Days' is purely speculation until we can get our hands on some kind of official press release from the band that explains it.

I'd wager that as soon as the cover art leaks - we will understand it a whole lot more.

Over the years I've learned to trust the art of Tool (as I'm sure many of you have). However Tool is NOT APC so stop fucking talking about Emotive. We have no proof that the album will have a political theme. Danny only said that politics are one source of inspiration for the new album. Since when has Tool been one dimensional?

I'm not trying to insinuate that I'm a superfan or anything - but please people - you sound like a panicking crowd.

CALM DOWN - everythings gonna be ok

dracomordag
03-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Neither can I. Its fucking sad really. People here are either skeptical fucks - or cynical bastards.

The title is fucking real. Let go of your egos for christ sake. ITS STILL POSTED ON TOOL ARMY - if you wanna see it get a god damn account.

We may know the title but we have NO IDEA what it means. Sure it doesn't sound like any of Tool's other album titles - but come on now... I'm guessing the music will be a bit different too. Tool evolves...they said it themselves. Anything anyone says about '10,000 Days' is purely speculation until we can get our hands on some kind of official press release from the band that explains it.

I'd wager that as soon as the cover art leaks - we will understand it a whole lot more.

Over the years I've learned to trust the art of Tool (as I'm sure many of you have). However Tool is NOT APC so stop fucking talking about Emotive. We have no proof that the album will have a political theme. Danny only said that politics are one source of inspiration for the new album. Since when has Tool been one dimensional?

I'm not trying to insinuate that I'm a superfan or anything - but please people - you sound like a panicking crowd.

this man...

knows what's up

Mehen
03-04-2006, 11:31 PM
I have a question - when was Tool NOT political? Maybe it is just because of the complexity of the lyrics that some of you haven't noticed but, the political undertones have been there from the beginning.

InertUniformity
03-04-2006, 11:40 PM
According to my smart friend - anything artistic is intrinsicly political in that art is at its essence anti authoritarian (ie. open to everyones interpretation)

I agree with my friend. I also think Tool are definitvely artistic...so you do the math...

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-05-2006, 11:21 AM

flipmojo
03-05-2006, 11:30 AM
If Godsmack's new album were called 10,000 Days, there would be no doubt in my mind that it would be a colossal amount of dung.

Hmm. I actually like some Godsmack. I like their new single 'Speak'. Their album comes out April 25th, and I will definitely give it a listen.

/V\agina
03-05-2006, 11:49 AM

I prefer to think of them as skeptical cynical bastard fucks.

BatterY316
03-07-2006, 11:54 AM
did you do it again? I am so confused. what did you done did before that you don't want to have to done did again?

STA
03-07-2006, 11:57 AM
did you do it again? I am so confused. what did you done did before that you don't want to have to done did again?

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=36640&highlight=champion

jhnygsh
03-07-2006, 12:23 PM

"10,000 Days" looks like it could very well be the title of the new album. Unless it's a fake title Blair put out to shut everyone up, it's the real deal. So, threads are starting everywhere about how people have assumed that the entire album will be a political mess fucked up by Maynard.

Did the band not earn the trust of its fans over the years? How are you guys so quick to assume the album will be bad just because the name of it seems generic? I like the name. If Godsmack's new album were called 10,000 Days, there would be no doubt in my mind that it would be a colossal amount of dung. But the fact that Tool is involved makes me believe that they WILL make it a good title.

We have no idea what it's gonna sound like, and making threads all pissed off about how disappointing the album will be is pathetic. Just wait. Simply because you are at fault for having such solid expectations for the album's title and Tool completely deceived you, doesn't mean you should be angry at the band. This just furthers their message that one should be patient and virtuous, rather than making assumptions that lead to anger.

Who knows? Maybe this is another Systema Encephale. Or maybe Tool has completed working on a masterful concept album.

great post.

i find it funny that people were practically begging for any new information about the CD, and when it was finally posted on toolband, they dismissed it simply because they didnt like it.

waffel
03-07-2006, 12:54 PM
I want to have sex with the champion

champion
03-07-2006, 01:24 PM
If that's you in your avatar, I'm in.

BatterY316
03-08-2006, 06:40 PM
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=36640&highlight=champion

what does that mean? why can't people just speak english around here?