PDA

View Full Version : this song...

idiotboy
11-21-2002, 11:22 PM
makes me afraid to interview tool. ha ha ha. i'm a prospective writer/journalist and my thoughts on this song explain why...

i don't know exactly why this came to me, but since the first time i heard this song it struck me very hard as being a song about the bloodsucking media and how they "take what you want and then go", and that they're "thieving bastards". and lots of interviewers are looking for reasons why and answers to tool-related questions, so i think maynard is saying "hope this is what you wanted, hope this is what you had in mind, 'cuz this is what you're getting". we know the band likes to be sarcastic and sometimes lie in interviews and such (who can blame them?), so maybe ticks and leeches is a big "fuck you" to people like that. kind of, like someone else said, how hooker with a penis is kind of a big "fuck you" to people who claim tool sold out and bent over "the man".

xx lateralus xx
12-09-2002, 07:49 PM
Tool's songs are open to so much interpretation, so this song could relate to many things. but if it does relate to interviewers and the media....GOOD. they are a bunch of "blood sucking parasites" they quickly pounce on many people'e tragedy's just to make a story out of it. and they usually add lies to their stories to make it seem "more interesting" to our sheep of a public. i like tool because they are willing to "swim against the current" if you will. they dont have a million photo shoots, they dont give interviews, and they dont stand around signing autographs for hours. and i like that.