PDA

View Full Version : The Alchemist!

TheDisturbed1
03-06-2003, 03:32 AM
yesterday i read a book...its called 'The Alchemist' by 'Paulo Coelho'...there wuz an Englishman in the story who wanted to transform lead into gold!..he travelled thousand of mile down to Arabia to find an Alchemist who wuz tell him the secret of it all!....wid so much hardhips and dangers faced...he found the Alchemist!...and all the alchemist said was that 'he already knows anything,hes only being held back by the fear of failure...so go and try it on ur own'...its xactly wot the song means...this is the opener of the album and is wot lateralus is all about!..somewhere in this forum i read that Nelson Mandela said this in his inaugral speech(he qoutes some other writer) :'we are more afraid of our light rather than our darkness'...i wud recommend all of u here to read that book!...i have been greatly inspired!...the story's preface has reference to Narcisuss (Reflection)...and when u read that u'll find a new meaning to the song!...i think Maynard did read this book!...the saturn theory can be related to 'The Tree Of Life'...it has ten stages...1 being juss a man!...and 10 being a man who has found God in his mind'......i think this xplains the song very well!...

euthanasia
03-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Paulo Coelho is a great writer. You shoudl and must read the others book he has published. He is as good writer as a poet.
Althought I really liked the book, I think the book lacks of some essence, and see merely a small resemblance to The Grudge. The basic of the story is the belief that when you truly desire something, and you seek for it with all your strength, the Universe will conspire for you to get it.
I personally enjoyed the contrast between the Young Shepherd, who follows his dream, and the Lord of the Thieves, who also had a dream, but did not pursue it.

The Fifth Mountain is also a great book.

TheDisturbed1
03-07-2003, 09:06 AM
yeh....his other bookz such as 'Veronica Decides 2 Die' and 'The Pilgrimage' r quite gud!...but 'The Alchemist' doesn't has only 1 message!...the theme revolves around a man following his dream!...but in between comes the secret and the ways of achieving ur dreams...of tranforming lead into gold!....i can relate this song wid many ideas i got from that book!....i guess every1 can!