PDA

View Full Version : hydrogen?

futile
03-05-2003, 08:02 PM
I was led to believe that the capital H was ment to mean hydrgen. so what does that have todo with the song? Besides it being the simplest and lightest element. I know that scientist believe that it is the base element from which all other elements developed.

but please if you know that reason, or have a theory id like to read it. thanx

Oblivious
03-06-2003, 06:44 AM
if this was the case then many people know thta the sun is made of hydrogen then it fuses helium. maybe this is maynard saying that what is, is and we should accept. i am probably wrong but who knows?

Lango
03-06-2003, 07:46 AM
I read that hydrogen turns to water when burned. I think you could apply this to lyrics in the song. "I could of cried then, I should of cried then". You could compare water to crying in this case, and the burning process or fire could represent anger.

InsaneMilkman
03-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Lango
I read that hydrogen turns to water when burned.

that's the first time I've heard something like that.

I don't want to seem as if I don't respect your opinion, which would certainly be a valid one if this hydrogen to water thing were right, but come on...a gas tuning into a liquid when heated, that just doesn't make sense. in order for a gas to turn to liquid it has to cool down, thus alowing the molecules to gather closer together.

...geez, take a chemestry class...

that aside, it is an interesting interperetation assuming your analogy were correct.

Lango
03-18-2003, 06:43 AM
I am pretty ignorant when it comes to science.
I read that definition of Hydrogen at http://www.innuendocornecopria.com

so i just created my interpretation based on it

anamnesiac
03-26-2003, 10:32 PM
If you take a ballon and fill it with Hydrogen, but not totally fill it so you have an amount of Oxygen in it, and put a match under the filled baloon, it will expload and water will be formed.

What this is an example of, is that you can have Hydrogen and Oxygen in the same area, but they won't form H20. You need a certain activation energy in order for them to form this compound.

A star, which starts on the fusion of Hydrogen into Helium, if big enough, can fuse all the elements until it reaches Fe (Iron). After that, if the star is big enough, people beleive a supernove would produce the energy required to fuse Fe and make most of the elements that are after it. So, yes, you can say hydrogen is the basis for other elements.

Jip
03-30-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Lango
I read that hydrogen turns to water when burned.

All combustion produces at least 2 by-products. Those are CO2 and H2O. There are usually other things given off as well. But water and CO2 are always made. Highschool chemistry...