PDA

View Full Version : Death and Connection

CalfMan
11-21-2002, 08:25 PM
I have always been artistic and had an imagination that can be sparked by anything, and every time I listen to parabol/a I always see the same "video" in my head:

Starts ouf with a camera, worn out film style, and some frame flicker, coming into a room that has a bed in it and has sheets for walls, backlit, and glowing. There is someone(man or woman cant really tell) laying in a bed in the middle of the room, their death bed. There is a solitary chair next to the bed and someone is there. Holding their hand and comforting them and singing the song to them, on the outside, quiet and tender, speaking of not remembering anything before this moment, knowing that any second now will be the last. Really trying to make a connection before it is too late.

As parabola comes in, the person in the chair leans forward and puts their head against the other, and the camera comes in quickly and passes to a spark that is jumping between the two people, then we see their consciencenesses are connected and that they are remembering together, in this one precious holy moment a holy reality. Many thoughts fly by, shared experiences. Choosing to be spirits in bodies.

during the breakdown, twirling around, the two are dancing, and enjoying each others spirits
but in the end the person does not die, the one conscienceness of the two combined proceeds to the universal mind latice, and we see both bodies in the room go limp. A precious moment forever, eternal and all this pain is an illusion.

CalfMan

Noob_Jones
11-22-2002, 09:33 AM
When I hear Parabola I also see a full video unfold in my mind.

As soon as Parabola starts I see the big bang unfold infront of my mind as energy races through infinity. Some of it starts to glob together and soon galaxies start to form. As MJK sings "this holy reality" I see stars start to form and when it gets to "this body holding me" it shifts and you see a single string of energy as an infinity symbol is burned into it.

"Alive, I" is sung and the Earth comes into view, then in the water on earth simple bacteria start to form. Soon trilobites and then fish start to appear and one breaks out onto land. Next an ape like creature starts to evolve into man and then lightning hits a tree and it goes up in flames, man stares at it. He looks off to his side as a fellow man uses a tool for the first time and then soon simple homes start to pop out of the ground. Next a church explodes from the ground followed by a building that represents goverment. Now modern day buildings surge from the earth and man is in the middle of a city walking down a street. The lyrics "Twirling round with this familiar parable." are sung as the man goes about his daily life walking down the street.

The camera zooms in on the man and down inside of him into his cells. From within his cells we see molecues followed by atoms all the way down to strings of energy and on one of them you can see an infinity sign. Everything zooms back out and man looks up to the sky and see a light.

Next from a view on a comet the camera pans to one side and the earth comes into view just as the comet is about to impact. The comet impacts at 4:05 in the song and a huge explosion takes place and it rushes at man. Man throws his hands up in front of him and in slow motion they are swollowed by the flames. "This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion." is sung and man dies as the camera zooms back in on the string of energy that has an infinity sign on it, when it zooms back out the earth is all but dead.

The sun starts to fade and the galixies start to fall in on themselfs and everything falls into a huge black hole just as the song ends. The last thing that is seen is the string of energy with the infinity sign falling into the black hole.

The point of the video is to show a single speck of energy from the start of time to right now inside of you and then as it falls to the big crunch.

excelver
11-29-2002, 07:41 PM
I typically find that listening to songs by 'art rock' bands such as TooL, NIN, etc. tends to envoke a sort of mental video that "unfolds" under the right mindset. Or sometimes I fall asleep while the song is still playing, but I can still hear it, and I dream about it. If only I had resources to make videos like adam does... of course, if only I had a gibson LP (or 2 or 3) like he has... oh well.

Noob_Jones
11-29-2002, 07:53 PM
I belive if there is creativity in artwork of any kind it will evoke others with creativity. I currently have a copy of 3d Studio Max ( a software package used in computer animation) and am makeing my vision above come to life ... or so I hope. :)