Nirvana
03-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by euthanasia
Kill the past
Forget the present
Ignore the future
Witness eternity

how do you ignore the future?
you cant slip away from it... not even try to turn your back on it... it wont work... beleive me

Meaningless Post:):-:(Nirvana):-:(

dawn
03-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Ignorance is bliss...or so I hear...

Phosphoros
03-08-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by grrrl
Ignorance is bliss...or so I hear... Absolutely truth, exactly what I think....

somethingbetter
03-10-2003, 06:47 PM
you CAN ignore the future- if you didn't care enough to worry, think or plan for it...

now is the only time that really matters...

jpmanson
03-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by somethingbetter
you CAN ignore the future- if you didn't care enough to worry, think or plan for it...

now is the only time that really matters...

hmmm.. going out on a limb here... you dont have kids huh?

somethingbetter
03-10-2003, 08:11 PM
actually, I do.

what I am trying to say is, yes, now is the only time that matters. If what you want right now happens to coincide with needing to plan for the future, then you must. But you can't waste your days away worrying about the future and not living for today.

jpmanson
03-10-2003, 08:14 PM
dotn get me wrong, i do enjoy myself, but i try to prepare a little bit for things that may happen to come my way..

Nirvana
03-10-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by jpmanson
dotn get me wrong, i do enjoy myself, but i try to prepare a little bit for things that may happen to come my way..

not only the bad things... i hope...

Carefull Post:):-:(Nirvana):-:(

somethingbetter
03-11-2003, 12:19 PM
And I understand that preparation. It is basically unavoidable in today's society... However, sometimes all the preparation in the world cannot help one out of certain situations or events. :\ But you seem to understand the usefullness of being prepared yet still enjoying the now- so that's good.. Some people live totally in the past. Some totally in the future, very few seem to live in the now... I guess maybe an equal balance of all three is required to be happy and successful in life?