PDA

View Full Version : The towing under...

Undertolerance
03-05-2003, 09:45 AM
This song is truly an incredibly piece of music and is lyrically the same. I know for a fact that this song has many different meanings to everyone, so I look forward to see what others have to say about it. This is my piece of mind concerning it... To me this song is about something that someone keeps doing to themselves although they know that it is ultimatley detrimental to their lives. "it suggests and beckons, all while swallowing" But you still get an odd sense of enjoyment and pleasure(as it were) from the particular activity. "But I'm so comfortable, far to comfortable" And the fact that you get so much 'Euphoria' from it makes it harder to walk away from it. "It seems there is no other way out of this undertow" In the end there is reeally not too much that you can do to get out, that is whu this song leads well into Flood. Read the lyrics in conjunction sometime and see what I mean. I look forward to yuor responses and thoughts. Don't hold back now!
"Your saturating me"

polarforsker
03-19-2003, 05:47 AM
Good thoughts. Perhaps it's reffering to drug abuse, or abuse of something in general...

My mind though, is fixated on the mood shift in the two verses. The silt changes from deep and rich to cold and black.

I can't really figure it out yet...

Mickjr22
03-20-2003, 06:24 PM
undertow is about, to me, water. of curse itsusd as a metaphor for something else. you've beenbrought down b someoe claiming you have the answer to pain but its just a disguiseand you find out the tuth to late. its about someting you love but not necessarily good for you , and others are tryig to get you to stop but because you cant. they seem like enemys to you. you know its wrong and eventually you realize it but you cannot tell others because it would be admitting you guilt and you still love what it is that your doing. and then gradually you try to take others down wih you to ruin everone with yourself. you cant get out of the undertow so you want everyone to feel like you. good yet bad becaue of the joy and pain you feel. you just want to die because you have become a nothing. you cant leave what your doing because of the euphoria you have while doing it. and the person responsible has chnged but its too late for youand you don't want to be alone.

Undertolerance
03-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Well put man! That it is truly great! Props on seeing through the onther meaningless crap!

cradled
04-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by polarforsker
My mind though, is fixated on the mood shift in the two verses. The silt changes from deep and rich to cold and black.

The change has to do with experiencing the effects of the "undertow". The first time, it's a new experience, so everything is more pronounced. There's no shame in experimenting, to try something once. The second time, there's no comfort to be found, only cold and black silt. To me, this suggests addiction, a dark side of it as well.

DamianIsMahDream
09-27-2004, 04:36 PM
The song means, to me... A past realtionship. Abuse and pain also come with alot of realationships, take the last one I had. DBA and I abused the living hell out of eachother yet couldent (sp?) walk away... I go with Undertolerance on this one... can't walk away from Euphoria. Right David?

Undertolerance
10-25-2004, 08:39 PM
If that last post in reference to me, then I think I have a fair idea of who you are. (^_^). But if not then I have no idea whom you are. SLN I most sorry for the poor treatment of you. Os vhein loc, weta lucat. From my soul I cry for you. And thanks to everyone for their views on this song, I would very much like to so more.