PDA

View Full Version : If the new album flops

toolloot
02-22-2006, 10:03 AM
I'll shoot them all down. LP|Stang, too.

What are the chances of the new album being shit?
If it's shit will you buy the one after this one?!

Foamy
02-22-2006, 10:05 AM
It wont flop and there wont be another one.

mike tyson
02-22-2006, 10:06 AM
I'll see them live more than twice this tour even if it sucks.

Cucumber_11
02-22-2006, 10:07 AM
I'm pretty sure that every Tool fan will buy the album, they'd be free to hate it ofcourse, but it certainly wouldn't flop sales wise. Ah, i trust the people in the Tool camp to top themselves once again anyway (Not in the Trent Reznor suicide sense of the phrase)

Slap the word Tool on anything and the fans will buy it. Heck i get a bonna every time i pass a tool shop.

Windir
02-22-2006, 10:08 AM
This reminds me. I have to buy all the albums again. Most of them are too damaged. Still able to play em off though, but it's way cooler to have them nice and smooothy and stuff.

ARMZ
02-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Come May 2nd we shall find out.

orange.juice
02-22-2006, 10:09 AM
It won´t flop.

Heck i get a bonna every time i pass a tool shop.
heheh.

(-) Thoth
02-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Don't speak of such nonsense.

kyyuulle
02-22-2006, 10:23 AM
we don't even know if may 2nd is the release date yet, do we?

ARMZ
02-22-2006, 10:25 AM
we don't even know if may 2nd is the release date yet, do we?
Nope but I'll stick with it.

Dogzilla
02-22-2006, 10:25 AM

Why? Why will there not be another one?

kyyuulle
02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
i bet it gets pushed back to the summer time

Foamy
02-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Nice avatar! I think I may have been beaten!

kyyuulle
02-22-2006, 10:31 AM
nah, the 3-d glasses are a nice touch

although the cat in my avatar may be slightly a little more retarded than yours

paraflux
02-22-2006, 10:32 AM
This question really isnt applicable, but it does raise another question which I think is more appropriate. Does all this hype make for a huge letdown? Because it doesnt matter what it is, whether its the Super Bowl, or a new album from someone, or a particular tour, or whatever, if you hype it up to be the greatest fucking thing ever that life could possibly offer, what in the hell can possibly live up to all of that? I'm not saying that the new Tool record is not going to be incredible. I just think that people, when they got Lateralus, were sometimes disappointed because all of the thoughts runnin around their little heads built it up to be something in particular, and it turned out to be completely different than the images they had in their minds.

Andorion
02-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Tool better stop hyping their new album asap.

kyyuulle
02-22-2006, 10:34 AM
rumor has it "Bilboran" will propel humanity into the next dimension.

toolloot
02-22-2006, 10:37 AM

Agree.
I've had enough of this shit, too. Suspence gets boring. If it's not good it'll either not be as good as it's expected or we'll be bored of the idea of a new album by the time it comes out, which we all know is May. Of 2007.

Cucumber_11
02-22-2006, 10:38 AM
I just think that people, when they got Lateralus, were sometimes disappointed because all of the thoughts runnin around their little heads built it up to be something in particular, and it turned out to be completely different than the images they had in their minds.
But those people just wanted a new Ænima, they weren't open enough to fully except that Tool do not repeat themselves. I don't know how these people couldn't of seen that every new Tool album is completly different from the last.

For the new album i have no expectations, except it will blow my mind. I know it will be nothing like Lateralus or Ænima or even Undertow so i am quite ready to experience something new, but still Tool.

I doubt the people that were dissapointed by Lateralus (However impossible that may seem) will be that open and happy with the new album.

Bogart
02-22-2006, 10:39 AM
The new album will deliver the goods.

Kelly
02-22-2006, 10:39 AM
I just want to hear third eye live

Johnny Truant
02-22-2006, 10:41 AM
I just want to hear third eye live
salival?

Christoff
02-22-2006, 10:47 AM
rumor has it "Bilboran" will propel humanity into the next dimension.

Haha. That put a smile on my face. I think it is due to be released late December 2012?

This album will probably disappoint a lot of people. It would help perhaps if we tried to approach it with an open mind - I have a feeling the first single will really make fans teeth grit.

Either way, I am just a bit pissed that the next album is getting released at the beginning of exam time for me....

Ænigma
02-22-2006, 10:50 AM
I will but this one, and The next. There will be another album.

Cucumber_11
02-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Either way, I am just a bit pissed that the next album is getting released at the beginning of exam time for me....

Ah come, wont that and a whole pile of drugs help ease the pain? I didn't study in the whole 3 years i went to college and i still came out with an education.

Well, sex/drugs/drink/party education, but it counts.

Christoff
02-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Ah come, wont that and a whole pile of drugs help ease the pain? I didn't study in the whole 3 years i went to college and i still came out with an education.

Well, sex/drugs/drink/party education, but it counts.

My course needs a lot of commitment. Music Teaching! I am on a 3 days a week placement until the week it is released (I suppose it is a reward of sorts...) and the other two days I am at the RSAMD. Then after that I have all my music exams.

I'll have the summer to get wasted/listen to the album.

Plus, it isn't painful, I just wont have the time to digest the album and give it the attention it deserves.

EDIT: The week it is supposed to be released!

Cucumber_11
02-22-2006, 11:02 AM
My course needs a lot of commitment. Music Teaching! I am on a 3 days a week placement until the week it is released (I suppose it is a reward of sorts...) and the other two days I am at the RSAMD. Then after that I have all my music exams.

Plus, it isn't painful, I just wont have the time to digest the album and give it the attention it deserves.

Weak. Would you still come here during that time? Because you know people will just be all over the album. Revealing every little thing. I'd hate to see all that then not be able to experience it myself.

I seriously hope in that time you find a few minutes (about 79) to atleast experience it a few times.

toolloot
02-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Who the fuck are you and why won't you stop talking?
_11

Christoff
02-22-2006, 11:09 AM

Speaking to me? I like your avatar.

Weak? Man, I just want to do as much as possible this year so I can relax more in those to come...

I will find much more that 79 minutes.

I will probably not come here if my addiction to this place disappears.

Goldfoot
02-22-2006, 11:16 AM
The thing that I don't understand is the wait. If the album iis mastered, why not put it right into production? THey don't need to go on a promo tour before the album comes out. By causing all this hype by waiting, it's as if they are going for huge opening day sales. This isn't a movie. This isn't going to be in stores for a limited time. What I'm saying is I really don't understand why there are delays and they make us wait so much.

kyyuulle
02-22-2006, 11:19 AM
well believe it when i say that the band knows how to market their music.

i'm sure they've sat down with the PR department and discussed the shit out of it

Cucumber_11
_11

HI!
:-D
How are you today Mr Belligerence?

The answer to your question is that I like the sound of my own voice.

Well, i like the sound of my fingers taping a keyboard.

Ok, but seriously. Its like a technical orgasim, I couldn't sign up for about 2 months and now I am here I want to make the best of things. Please don't try and stop me, i'll be your fweind.

*hug*

----------
The thing that I don't understand is the wait. If the album iis mastered, why not put it right into production? THey don't need to go on a promo tour before the album comes out. By causing all this hype by waiting, it's as if they are going for huge opening day sales. This isn't a movie. This isn't going to be in stores for a limited time. What I'm saying is I really don't understand why there are delays and they make us wait so much.

In that review by the DJ bloke didn't he say something similar to:

"The songs are in there nearly final order"

So it sounds like Tool possibly still have some rejigging to do? Perhaps this is why they are doing the tour, so they can feck with it a little more. Possibly test out different track orders?

Christoff

Perhaps Adam needs time to make another masterpiece of a video (or two) ?

Perhaps they are hoping to release a single a few weeks before the album?

Perhaps they cannot be arsed to face the fanboys for another few months?

Christoff
02-22-2006, 11:21 AM
HI!
:-D
How are you today Mr Baligerance?

The answer to your question is that I like the sound of my own voice.

Well, i like the sound of my fingers taping a keyboard.

Ok, but seriously. Its like a technical orgasim, I couldn't sign up for about 2 months and now I am here I want to make the best of things. Please don't try and stop me, i'll be your fweind.

*hug*

Belligerence!

Yes I know how you feel. This place can be great therapy.

toolloot
02-22-2006, 11:22 AM
They're doing it for the money.
Queue the dramatic music, bitches.

Edit:
I'm totally going to download it 6 times.

Goldfoot
02-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Perhaps Adam needs time to make another masterpiece of a video (or two) ?

Perhaps they are hoping to release a single a few weeks before the album?

Perhaps they cannot be arsed to face the fanboys for another few months?

Why does a video have to be out before the album?

Do you mean a physical single? I doubt that.

They don't have to face any fans until Coachella.

Cucumber_11
02-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Belligerence!

Yes I know how you feel. This place can be great therapy.
Wow, my spelling has taken a dive since I left college. Thanks for the heads-up.

*sneakily edits post so he doesn't look like an idiot*

TurdEye13
02-22-2006, 11:26 AM
so chaotic

Christoff
02-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Why does a video have to be out before the album?

Do you mean a physical single? I doubt that.

They don't have to face any fans until Coachella.

Hold on here. We know that Adam is doing the videos, probably as we speak. This takes time.

January Newsletter - there is a specific question about a single being released in the US.

A couple of months gives them time to rehearse so that they are fabulous, on their time, no one elses. The preparation for effective live performance takes time, especially if it is with new material.

hanger25934
02-22-2006, 11:35 AM
The preparation for effective live performance takes time, especially if it is with new material.

not if you're possed by satan. like tool is

Goldfoot
02-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Hold on here. We know that Adam is doing the videos, probably as we speak. This takes time.

January Newsletter - there is a specific question about a single being released in the US.

A couple of months gives them time to rehearse so that they are fabulous, on their time, no one elses. The preparation for effective live performance takes time, especially if it is with new material.

That doesn't answer my question.

Well yeah, there will be a single, but I doubt they will have a seperate release for it. There wasn't one for Schism or Parabola until December, and those include the videos.

Like I said, they don't have to perform until Coachella. That doesn't mean the album can't come out before then.

Christoff
02-22-2006, 11:37 AM
not if you're possed by satan. like tool is

Man, these coronas, I totally forgot about that.

Christoff
02-22-2006, 11:39 AM
That doesn't answer my question.

Well yeah, there will be a single, but I doubt they will have a seperate release for it. There wasn't one for Schism or Parabola until December, and those include the videos.

Like I said, they don't have to perform until Coachella. That doesn't mean the album can't come out before then.

Yes you're right.

Still is it not just common sense to release it when singles/videos are ready and the band had a live set prepared?

Goldfoot
02-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Yes you're right.

Still is it not just common sense to release it when singles/videos are ready and the band had a live set prepared?

Well, I can maybe understand having a song out first to create more awareness, but the other things I don't agree with. The song can be on the radio, but I wouldn't think a video would need to be out before the album drops.

Hogpile
02-22-2006, 11:42 AM
If the new album flops, 50 cent will show his dick on national television.

Cucumber_11
02-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Could they just be building the tension? My mother always told me the longer you wait for something the more you appreciate it when you get it.

Granted its been 5 years since we've had any new material, but its the last months that are the most exciting. Anticipating, salivating over thoughts of 79 new minutes of music from a fantastic band. I gaurantee we will all explode in a pume of metaphorical semen when we finaly listen to the album.

Fulcanelli
02-22-2006, 11:43 AM
If the new album flops, 50 cent will show his dick on national television.

I don't think that it will take Tool's album to flop for that to happen. Unless 50 Cent has a really small dick.

Christoff
02-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Could they just be building the tension? My mother always told me the longer you wait for something the more you appreciate it when you get it.

Granted its been 5 years since we've had any new material, but its the last months that are the most exciting. Anticipating, salivating over thoughts of 79 new minutes of music from a fantastic band. I gaurantee we will all explode in a pume of metaphorical semen when we finaly listen to the album.

Someone will likely make a comment about fucking your mother, such is the way of this place.

I completely agree though, build the energy until it bursts. Very toolish.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
I will but this one, and The next. There will be another album.

Foamy, I think Ænigma has your avatar beaten.

Wretched
02-22-2006, 12:09 PM
It could flop... I don't think it will.

Will it necessarily be great for everyone? No. I think Lateralus and Aenima are great in their own respects, but others think Lateralus was a step down. That's fine, and if this new album is similar to Lateralus but heavier and more complex, maybe those people will be satisfied, but maybe those who prefered the lighter side will not be?

They will never WIN, but I think I'm open enough to love it, and unless they become full of themselves and try too hard to give us what we expect from Tool. As in forcing the music more, it probably won't suck.

I've said it before, the album is close, prepare youself, niggas!

kyyuulle
02-22-2006, 12:10 PM
i just got called a nigga by a fuckin canadian!

Ertai
02-22-2006, 12:10 PM
i thought foamy has the best avatar but i think kyyuulle beat em... so adorable..

Cucumber_11
02-22-2006, 12:13 PM
i thought foamy has the best avatar but i think kyyuulle beat em... so adorable..
No fecking way!

Foamy owns all. The avy was amazing without the glasses, but my god, when he pulled them out, everything just fell into place. How will he top that performance?

MikeBalzary
02-22-2006, 12:43 PM
I cant wait to hear an amazing album then come on here and see some people say that it sucks ( for reasons previously discussed in the first page by cucumber (i think)).

I agree with ur mothers quote but i dont think it is entirely applicable to the perdicament we've found ourselves in. But I will have an amazing time listening to the new album.

TOOLEK
02-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Tool possed by Satan? no way...... Still I also think the new album will be good. Everything they created so far is good. I can't think even of one single thing done by them I don't like. So I believe this one will be as good as others. I really want it to be. I hope Toll will prove once again they are the best.

adda da suh
02-22-2006, 12:51 PM
It took me about two weeks to really like Lateralus after listening, then again I did not go through the anticipation that I am going through now for this album. It just seems as though it takes some time to understand the songs, they are a bit complex, but I wonder if I will be extra biased since I have been dying to hear it the new one. It will have to be really bad to say it was a flop. doubtful.

toolloot
79 mins? Pfft... Couldn't they release a double CD album? Lazy cunts.

Cucumber_11
Tool possed by Satan? no way...... Still I also think the new album will be good. Everything they created so far is good. I can't think even of one single thing done by them I don't like. So I believe this one will be as good as others. I really want it to be. I hope Toll will prove once again they are the best.
What about LAMC? That annoyed the fuck outta me... its only saving grace was Maynards Dick tagged onto the end. Best song about a member of Tools dick ever!

Of course the new album will blow us all away. Our ears wont know whats hit us, our brains wont know what to think and our labido's will rapidly hump anyone within a mile radious wearing a Tool shirt.

Christoff
02-22-2006, 12:53 PM
What also has to be thought about is how much Aenima and Lateralus were ahead of everything else (that I have heard).

I doubt that Tool can continue to innovate at the same rate, or for us to understand it at least. I think they can only improve on these albums, not re-invent the wheel, yes?

clarity.
02-22-2006, 12:54 PM
79 mins? Pfft... Couldn't they release a double CD album? Lazy cunts.

i never knew that they were vaginas. dang, guess you learn something new every day.

toolloot
02-22-2006, 12:55 PM
They're big, fat, wet, gaping vaginas.

TOOLEK
02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
OI almost forgot look at Foamy'ś and Kyulle's avatars when they are one by one. They look so damn funny:) Such a small thing and makes me happy....heh

clarity.
02-22-2006, 12:57 PM
They're big, fat, wet, gaping vaginas.

wow. this is a breakthrough, guys.

TOOLEK
02-22-2006, 01:03 PM
What about LAMC? That annoyed the fuck outta me... its only saving grace was Maynards Dick tagged onto the end. Best song about a member of Tools dick ever!

Of course the new album will blow us all away. Our ears wont know whats hit us, our brains wont know what to think and our labido's will rapidly hump anyone within a mile radious wearing a Tool shirt.

If it is about LAMC and for instance Disgustipated I don't treat them as a piece of music but rather intentional insertions amd to be honest I don't like them. But in general although for me each Tool's album is a bit different still they are all great. And thus I believe this one won't be a disappointment as well especially cause they sacrificed so much time to create this much longer than anyone expected. But let's wait...

Cucumber_11
02-22-2006, 01:04 PM
I think they should have a maturity screening or something before you sign up, I don't know what it would envolve but, damn, its needed.

Of course, it wouldn't matter in the bin. 'cos, well, you all know thats a free-for-all.

Hodge
02-22-2006, 03:51 PM
if the new album flops i will never masturbate again

ATARI
02-22-2006, 03:52 PM
If it flops, I will flop right on top of it

Boozy Eulogist
02-22-2006, 04:05 PM

One of those opinions I agree with.

dracomordag
02-22-2006, 04:56 PM

I feel sad that I'm only a few posts ahead of this n00b.

dracomordag
02-22-2006, 04:58 PM

because they've hyped it so much, ya know?

TurdEye13
02-22-2006, 05:01 PM
The new album won't flop. For the last time!!! It'll probably blow Lateralus away if that's even possible.

ATARI
02-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Well Lateralus didn't beat Aenima (IMHO) but it was sure close enough

fortysix_and_tool
02-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Guess I'll have to listen to it until I love it, which should be like twice...its TooL they havent had a bad album yet. But, hey thats my opinion.

The new album won't flop. For the last time!!! It'll probably blow Lateralus away if that's even possible.

Ryan
02-22-2006, 05:56 PM
one thing's for sure, it will pwn witha_teetha.

ATARI
02-22-2006, 06:07 PM
one thing's for sure, it will pwn witha_teetha.

"Awith_teetha" actually.

Ryan
02-22-2006, 06:10 PM
my mistake.

Sleep
02-22-2006, 06:15 PM
You're both wrong. It's "Wiffah, teefah".

Prometheus
02-22-2006, 06:25 PM
I hope it flops just so I could laugh at all of you jizzing your pants in anticipation.

Carny_Handles
02-22-2006, 09:31 PM
I know i will not like it at first but with time it will grow on me like lateralus did, i remember thinking lateralus the song was fucked up from the studio for awhile until i heard it a couple of times and saw where the into was coming from.

Considering the new cd will probably be released before they tour again i guess the date of 6/6/06 is out of the question :( maybe that is when the dvd will come out. Tool cant pass up a date like that.

Rubb.
02-23-2006, 06:14 AM
If the new album flops, I will castrate an emu.

5th Eye
02-23-2006, 06:15 AM
Thanks for your two very enlightening posts.

Rubb.
02-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Anytime.

snakeeyedhawk
02-23-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm not too fond of Lateralus, hopefully this album doesn't flop. I'm guessing it will be pretty damn good.

If it DOES flop, I'll still be a faithful fan.

Zim-Zum
02-23-2006, 10:22 AM
If the new album flops i'll register in a Linkin park forum

Hogpile
02-23-2006, 10:29 AM
If the new album flops i'll register in a Linkin park forum

You mean you haven't already? Man, you don't know what you're missin! Us LP fans get down.

Zim-Zum
02-23-2006, 10:40 AM
You mean you haven't already? Man, you don't know what you're missin! Us LP fans get down.

loool heh! i'm comming!!!

grime_z
02-23-2006, 10:47 AM
I really don't see the album flopping, but I do see a lot of people being let down. I know Lateralus was a dissappointment for a lot of people, but I welcomed the new sound. I kind of expected their sound to be different after hearing Pushit on Salival, and the album wasn't really that much of a surprise. I think this new album will be progressive, just like all of their albums; and I know that it will be everything I am hoping for.

Hogpile
02-23-2006, 10:49 AM
If the new album flops, I'll eat a bisquit. With butter.

Fulcanelli
02-23-2006, 10:56 AM
I really don't see the album flopping, but I do see a lot of people being let down. I know Lateralus was a dissappointment for a lot of people, but I welcomed the new sound. I kind of expected their sound to be different after hearing Pushit on Salival, and the album wasn't really that much of a surprise. I think this new album will be progressive, just like all of their albums; and I know that it will be everything I am hoping for.

Exacly my thoughts regarding Salival->Lateralus. I think the same applies regarding Lustmord->The New Material. Not completely of course but in that direction. So far it sounds as though the songs are creepier and are quite long. I think it will be great, BTW, but I also think that if people didn't like Lateralus (a shock to me) then they will definitely not like the new stuff.

Zim-Zum
02-23-2006, 10:57 AM
If the new album flops, I'll eat a bisquit. With butter.

U'll eat a Limp Bizkit in a Linkin park

Hogpile
02-23-2006, 11:01 AM
U'll eat a Limp Bizkit in a Linkin park

With Korn.

Zim-Zum
02-23-2006, 11:04 AM
lool and with one Fiona Apple

Hogpile
02-23-2006, 11:06 AM
lool and with one Fiona Apple

Fiona Apple doesn't eat.

dracomordag
02-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Fiona Apple doesn't eat.

she waits

ARMZ
02-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Of course the new album will flop, anything highly anticipated flops, it's a known fact.

AbjectEvolution
02-24-2006, 01:56 AM
You're both wrong. It's "Wiffah, teefah".

All of you are wrong. It's A Queen Latiffa.

Rubb.
02-24-2006, 02:29 AM
did you sign up just to say that?

AbjectEvolution
02-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Of course ;)

No... not much of a forum poster. Mostly lurk. Figured I'd been watching this place long enough that I'd finaly join, and it just happens to be the first post I've made.

Rubb.
02-24-2006, 02:46 AM
Why yes, I did actually, then I thought I might stick around a little longer.

You don't mind do you?

hateAliases
02-24-2006, 03:35 AM
axilla, anyone?