PDA

View Full Version : Someone posted a new tracklising+title....

Pages : [1] 2

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 07:29 PM
http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=107723

Tool
Aldaraia
5/2/06

1) The Thorn
2) Annuled
3) Visceral
4) The Lucid
5) 23
6) Permute
7) The Median
8) Aldaraian
9) Mandalic
10) The Ascent
11) Laiad Kayenth

Checked out that thing Blair had mentioned in the news post (fucked up stuff i might add), and ran into Danny outside. Id met him before, and got to talking to him for a little bit about the promo trip and the new album and stuff. It was really cool..Hes a great guy.. Anyhow, he gave me a little card that has the Tool info on it, and the release date, album info and such. The graphics look much like the new site. He made me promise not to scan it yet, but he didnt say anything about the info ON the card! :-)

He said expect official info released in the next few days from toolband.

Personally I call bullshit but I thought I'd share,

Fulcanelli
02-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Aldaraia is mentioned in this article (and a lot more): http://www.meta-religion.com/Esoterism/Magick/Ceremonial_magick/an_approach_to_the_operation_of.htm

It fits all of the stuff that Blair has been talking about for quite awhile. I'm not saying that it's true but the subject matter fits.

rimb
02-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Plausible

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Aldaraia is mentioned in this article (and a lot more): http://www.meta-religion.com/Esoterism/Magick/Ceremonial_magick/an_approach_to_the_operation_of.htm

It fits all of the stuff that Blair has been talking about for quite awhile. I'm not saying that it's true but the subject matter fits.

Well if this guy is right, we will know in a couple days, huh?

mike09
02-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Aldaraia means "the will of God" in Enochian. As much as it's probably bullshit, I gotta' give who ever made the titles up a hand. They are much more convincing than some of the shit I've read over the past few months. Having "The Thorn" and "The Lucid" on there seem to make it appear fake. That's too much like "The Grudge" and "The Patient." Plus, they don't have much of a ring to them. Well, "The Thorn" does, but "The Lucid" sounds...I don't know, weird. But "23", "Permute", and a few others, for whatever reason, actually sound convincing to me.

gerbil
02-19-2006, 07:42 PM
"LK"

moneyisevil
02-19-2006, 07:44 PM
are any of those words real words as in english? or are they all enonchian or whatever? i doubt this is real, but if it is...wow...i dont know what to think...i really doubt danny would be carrying a card full of this info around anyways

if its a hoax, its a good hoax nonetheless...i just have a hard time believing these to be tool titles/segues

anyways i think tool would have more than 11 tracks no?

rimb
02-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Visceral and Permute as the singles then.

Danny's gong on Thorn or Lucid

And 23 seems plausible as a track name given the ouija board session in the January newsletter.

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 07:45 PM
anyways i think tool would have more than 11 tracks no?

Not if the average length is 10 minutes. *hopes*

Ryan
02-19-2006, 07:48 PM
this certainly seems the most credible so far.

mike09
02-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, also, take this into consideration. The guy said at the end of the post that we can expect a Toolband update in a couple days with this information anyway. So, therefore there's two things that I'm thinking:

1. If he's lying, why would he start the rumor now? Especially since he says we'll hear this info from Toolband soon anyway?

2. This won't be a many-months rumor. In fact, it might die in a week if this info is BS, because of the fact that we should be expecting a TB update.

clarity.
02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
we'll see if this is bullshit or not pretty soon. some info HAS to come out eventually. it doesn't seem half bad.

moneyisevil
02-19-2006, 07:52 PM
these titles just dont roll of the tongue like the other albums

edit: the part where he says Danny gave him a little card sounds very far feched

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 07:53 PM
this certainly seems the most credible so far.

True but like mike09 said, some things just sound fake.

1) The Thorn
3) Visceral
4) The Lucid
6) Permute
11) Laiad Kayenth

In the January newsletter Blair hinted it was no longer called L.K. and that P and V were both singles, but that they were two word tracks. Also Visceral has been discussed on here for a while so that seems fake. The Thorn and The Lucid remind me too much of The Grudge and The Patient.

I do agree this sounds most likely out of anything I've heard from a third party so far.

Fulcanelli
02-19-2006, 07:53 PM
I agree with what some of you have mentioned about the song titles. They seem to follow the Lateralus titles. For example, Permute is similar to Parabola... The Thorn sounds like The Grudge but it does sound cool. I suppose that we'll find out in a few days.

If he is telling the truth then he also has the artwork and maybe we'll even see that?

mike09
02-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Laiad means "Truth, the secrets of" in Enochian. No clue what Kayenth means.

and yes, some of those titles ARE in english. Mandalic isn't exactly used in every day conversations, though.

millermt
02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
This is just another fake, albeit a decent one. LK was supposed to have been changed to M______. Hope we see the real deal soon.

orange.juice
02-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Decoy promo cards, HEH HEH.

hanger25934
02-19-2006, 08:05 PM
he said the part about danny telling him not to scan because he is lying his [no] little ass off.

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 08:09 PM
M______

How do you know it starts with an M?

steve99_9
02-19-2006, 08:11 PM
....i gotta say that looks real

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
After we fired a couple up, I asked if he'd managed to get a gong on the new one? "Yeah, on *****" he said with a mischievous smile.

There's no five letter title in this list unless you don't count "The".

hanger25934
02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
blair told us the info would be released through toolarmy.com not toolband like this guy's saying.

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 08:13 PM
blair told us the info would be released through toolarmy.com not toolband like this guy's saying.

Blair said info would be leaked.

I'm not trying to defend this guy, I'm just saying.

hanger25934
02-19-2006, 08:15 PM
yeah. after looking at his actual post i think this may be halfway credible

orange.juice
02-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Blair said info would be leaked.

I'm not trying to defend this guy, I'm just saying.
Sad thing is, he now probably hides and laughs his ass off. He could at least put some effort in it, making up a fake "promo card" or something.

KJM
02-19-2006, 08:20 PM
That's a big load of bullshit right there.

mattw
02-19-2006, 08:21 PM
This is just another fake, albeit a decent one. LK was supposed to have been changed to M______. Hope we see the real deal soon.

Yeah I thought along the same lines when I read this part. LK, from what I read in the newsletter, now starts with an M and has 8 letters. I got this because Blair used ******** and mentioned the thing bumping into someone whose name starts with M etc.

The other track names seem somewhat plausible. Words like Annulled, Lucid, Visceral, Permute, Mandalic, Ascent and even Aldaraian and Laiad all have that slightly odd, unusual sound to them and at least to me sound like they could easily be in song titles for the band.

The "will of God" though? I don't know. Maybe it's a joke like Sytema Enceph-something.

If it is a hoax, I agree with others in saying it's the most convincing yet.

If it is true, how do you pronounce 'Aldaraia'? Looks like we have another Aenima-like pronounciation problem coming our way...

mike09
Annulled is spelt wrong. Or maybe it's intentional?

I don't like how "23" is the 5th track. 23 doubled is 46. "46 & 2" is the 5th track on Aenima. Coincidental? Fake?

Bogart
Doubt these are actual titles, but this isthe best attempt so far

millermt
02-19-2006, 08:22 PM
How do you know it starts with an M?

From the Feb Newsletter:

Glancing down at the most recent track listing, I noticed that one of the songs - the Daedalous piece, itself - now had a different name. As I contemplated the new title, it suddenly struck me that the Elemental, Obelisong (evoked during a recent Ouija Board Working), was clearly aware of this even though I hadn't even the slightest inkling at the time that ******** was just a temporary (joke?) title.

This was evident by something that happened during the Working that, at the time, I thought was insignificant (a curious bit of side phenomena, perhaps, but one that wasn't even worth mentioning in the transcript). What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters. This was Srr. (technikrym omitted). What makes this particularly remarkable (in light of this new track listing) is that the Soror's first initial is M.

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 08:24 PM
From the Feb Newsletter:

Glancing down at the most recent track listing, I noticed that one of the songs - the Daedalous piece, itself - now had a different name. As I contemplated the new title, it suddenly struck me that the Elemental, Obelisong (evoked during a recent Ouija Board Working), was clearly aware of this even though I hadn't even the slightest inkling at the time that ******** was just a temporary (joke?) title.

This was evident by something that happened during the Working that, at the time, I thought was insignificant (a curious bit of side phenomena, perhaps, but one that wasn't even worth mentioning in the transcript). What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters. This was Srr. (technikrym omitted). What makes this particularly remarkable (in light of this new track listing) is that the Soror's first initial is M.

Oh, I didn't read that second part very closely in the newsletter. I got to the part about bumping into their leg and I was like *skip*.

orange.juice
02-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Awwwww, take a look to the origin of this rumour (link in first post)

People there seem convinced!

"Could i have a minute? I´m calling bullshit." teheee.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Doubt these are actual titles, but this isthe best attempt so far

zenkinet
02-19-2006, 08:31 PM
From the Feb Newsletter:

i thought ******** meant "IXOMAXIP", read January's newsletter it sort of implies it.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-19-2006, 08:38 PM
i thought ******** meant "IXOMAXIP", read January's newsletter it sort of implies it.

how about Pixamoxi? That sounds better.

ARMZ
02-19-2006, 08:39 PM
I feel sick

zenkinet
02-19-2006, 08:40 PM
how about Pixamoxi? That sounds better.
I am just stating what the newsletter says, and IXOMAXIP means KNOWN

Sleep
02-19-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm definitely calling BS. Sadly that's the best fake so far. Pretty sad.

zenkinet
02-19-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm definitely calling BS. Sadly that's the best fake so far. Pretty sad.
agreed, because, if you look at the LK post on this forum Laiad Kayenth is mentioned

Fulcanelli
02-19-2006, 08:47 PM
If you really think about it, this is fake. The guy calls himself Maynard and says that he knows Danny Carey. If he knows Danny Carey well enough to get a promo card then he wouldn't call himself Maynard as an alias (IMO) because it seems disrespectful. Anyway, why would Danny Carey give this guy that information before anyone else? Other than that, he was asked to not scan the card but then why did he tell us the track list and album title... hmmm. Disrespectful, again. No, I'm convinced it's BULLSHIT.

Hannibal
02-19-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm not saying he's got it down pat, but LK being changed to a title with an M with eight letters could be that Mandalic...

i for one don't believe this track list. It sounds too...I don't know...really fake. The Lucid? That doesn't sound like a Tool song. Maybe more of an APC title, but not Tool. I mean the last APC (real album) was filled with "The" titles. Tool doesn't have many "the" titles. and I hope they don't start now. Agreed some of the titles make sense, but 11 tracks, and "the" used like crazy...I doubt it. But it was a good attempt.

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 08:54 PM
agreed, because, if you look at the LK post on this forum Laiad Kayenth is mentioned

Are you talking about the post I made in there after I posted this? I only posted that in there because of this.

If you really think about it, this is fake. The guy calls himself Maynard and says that he knows Danny Carey. If he knows Danny Carey well enough to get a promo card then he wouldn't call himself Maynard as an alias (IMO) because it seems disrespectful. Anyway, why would Danny Carey give this guy that information before anyone else? Other than that, he was asked to not scan the card but then why did he tell us the track list and album title... hmmm. Disrespectful, again. No, I'm convinced it's BULLSHIT.

He's been registered there since 2003. He said he just says he met him before, not that he knows him well.

Systolic
02-19-2006, 08:54 PM
To the folks who said it sounded like Lateralus's titles..
I've said this 50 times already... This new album is supposed to be the SEQUEL to Lateralus.. I expect some similarity....

Amd about the M******.. Mandalic is 8 letters, starts with M... They never said that "LK" was dropped.. and theres no way to know that he is referring to the same thing as he was before.. you know how Blair is. I think this is the most plausible yet by far... kind of makes me anxious.

ARMZ
02-19-2006, 08:56 PM
If it's fake it's a bloody good one.

2 things that come to mind are:

This silkmilk magizain launch held on Feb 18th, surely the members checked it out while doing their promo tour otherwise why would Blair mention it all? this is where the fake Maynard who posted that track listing said he met Danny. Either he did or it's been a well thought out hoax and executed precisely.

And Visceral, although the fake Maynard could be a member of this board and wacked it in with the rest.....so I just don't know.

It seems very plausible, almost to good to be true, but maybe, just maybe, it's real.

If it's a hoax then so be it, life goes on you know, but it will remain a good topic for a few days.

kyyuulle
02-19-2006, 08:56 PM
"He said expect official info released in the next few days from toolband."

i hope that's true.

but i'm sorry guys this sounds real

mattw
02-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Agreed some of the titles make sense, but 11 tracks, and "the" used like crazy...I doubt it. But it was a good attempt.

3 out of 11 titles with 'The' in them isn't that bad. And if one song is 17min and another is 10mins, then 11 tracks all up isn't that unbelievable if the album is 79mins in total. Maybe there aren't that many segues etc.

I reckon Blair's inbox is filling up nicely right now. So many questions. Should be interesting to hear from him soon...

Systolic
02-19-2006, 08:58 PM
OMG!!!

Look at the site Fulcanelli showed.. metareligion or whatever...
Didnt Blair say something about Phaleg?
Look under the list of olympic spirits...

The more research I do, the more Im beginning to thikn this may actually be valid.. some strange parallels.. Ill post more as I find them.

Systolic
02-19-2006, 09:06 PM
http://www.nwbotanicals.org/vault/writings/pjr/liber_laiad.htm

Isnt this the whole idea behind the Silkmilk ritual?

Everything on that page refers to Crowley...
Im telling you, either this maynard figure is a genius, or this is legit.

Hodge
02-19-2006, 09:12 PM
this rumor has me excited though, i can't wait till the day we actually get a confirmed tracklisting and official info

Lackymacky
02-19-2006, 09:14 PM
life goes on you know

thanks for reminding me, i forgot about life outside of tool!

i really hope its not real.

Nith Sahor
02-19-2006, 09:16 PM
He made me promise not to scan it yet, but he didnt say anything about the info ON the card! :-)

When I returned to the patio, a few others arrived, including a runner carrying a couple of cases of beer. Well, well... perhaps there was going to be some kind of soiree, after all. As I greeted a couple of shivering lovelies, Danny emerged from the studio carrying a freshly-burnt disk and disappeared into another room to hear what this latest mix sounded like on a different stereo. I believe he then took it out to the parking lot and played it in someone's car. I don't think he knocked on the doors of any houses in the neighborhood to see what it sounded like on their systems, but I could be wrong, because I know that's what some of the band members did the last time around (It was kind of funny, too - many of these people who didn't even know who Tool were being asked to sign confidentiality agreements.)

I don't think this is it. If Blair says they've been highly secretive with this album (more than with previous ones), why would Danny go ahead and tell soembody all of this stuff?

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 09:17 PM
I don't think this is it. If Blair says they've been highly secretive with this album (more than with previous ones), why would Danny go ahead and tell soembody all of this stuff?

Not saying he did, but if they are on a promo tour, I think it's ok for info to be given out. I mean, how else can they promote it?

Systolic
02-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Translated from a german website... only website that google found with the word Kayenth

The airport Kayenth consists of a hard coating track without each buildings, lain next to a Highway intersection in the desert. A somewhat unaccustomed view compared to Europe. Four Corners lies near the point at that the four countries Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and meet Utah.

http://www.flugsport.ch/beitraege/Mexico/nmexico.htm

And if Laiad means secret..(as stated in my above link a few posts back), Kayenth is a hidden airport in New Mexico.. and Faaip De Oiad was the last track on Lateralus, which referred to aliens.. and theres a common tie between New mexico and aliens due to roswell...

come on.. someone else has to see what Im saying here!

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Four Corners lies near the point at that the four countries Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and meet Utah.

Might be because it was translated, but those are states.

Sleep
02-19-2006, 09:24 PM
What I'm saying is put it back in your pants and settle down. You're setting yourself up for a fall.

Systolic
02-19-2006, 09:25 PM
What I'm saying is put it back in your pants and settle down. You're setting yourself up for a fall.

Maybe, but I've got a feeling about this one.. I havent taken the time to even try researching any of the other bullshit titles we have heard.

Systolic
02-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Might be because it was translated, but those are states.

Yeah I think so.

ARMZ
02-19-2006, 09:27 PM
And why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Good movie.

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
http://www.meta-religion.com/Esoterism/Magick/Ceremonial_magick/an_approach_to_the_operation_of.htm

I actually went to this site now and it sheds some light on Saturn in The Grudge.

Aratron is the spirit of Saturn. He can apparently turn anything into stone, turn treasure into coal and coal into treasure, give powerful familiars, teach alchemy and magic, reconciles the spirits of the Earth, make one invisible, make the barren fruitful and prolong life.

And why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Good movie.

I love you.

Systolic
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Well Im off to bed.. Im sure when I wake the post count for this thread will have tripled.. I'm about 80%convinced this is legit. I have my doubts, but again, theres something compelling about this.

One last thing...

http://www.nwbotanicals.org/vault/writings/pjr/liber_laiad.htm

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=15851825&blogID=86118741&MyToken=fad94bf8-c3f9-41d1-b139-7800c79d6b1b

Take a look at the simiarities in the numbers mentioned in both of the sites. Add up all of the numbers on the left hand side outside of the box and you get 123... the number of the zodiac. Strange stuff.

orange.juice
02-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Look what i´ve just found. Creepy.

http://www.trellian.com/swolf/manual/alderian.jpg (http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f227/orangejuice82/alderian.jpg)

Light Reflections
02-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Definitely the most credibile rumour so far. Has me intrigued, that's for sure.

/V\agina
02-19-2006, 09:53 PM
hmm... the link you posted

http://www.trellian.com/swolf/manual/alderian.jpg

doesn't go to the same thing that the link actually links too...

Could it be that you just made that in paint?

....hmm

ARMZ
02-19-2006, 09:54 PM

http://www.trellian.com/swolf/manual/alderian.jpg (http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f227/orangejuice82/alderian.jpg)
Where did you score that from?

Goldfoot

That made me laugh, but you spelled the album name wrong.

moneyisevil

r u fucking with us or did u make that?

moneyisevil
02-19-2006, 10:01 PM
also about the confidentiality agreement...im sure alex grey had to sign something but he spilled some beans in the summer...too bad those beans didn flourish..or maybe they did who knows

anyways, im sure someone will sort this out by tomorrow

edit: OR WE COULD ASK HMV...BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY GET THE RIGHT INFO BEFORE ANYONE ELSE DOES

Fulcanelli
02-19-2006, 10:02 PM
He's been registered there since 2003. He said he just says he met him before, not that he knows him well.

I know but because this seems to be the best fit so far it has pushed me to think about the source a little. It just doesn't seem right to me how he came across the information. The titles do fit what has been written about by Blair but that may only mean that this individual has done some research. I don't know... we'll soon find out... hopefully tomorrow.

moneyisevil
02-19-2006, 10:04 PM
i find ur avatar hilarious, but your jokes about the new album are not

i guess it just makes me think how unlikley this is, and how easy it is to doctor-up false information...oh well

Underalus
02-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Aldaraia sounds like Alderan, but I do think this sounds convincing. I actually got giddy as I read down and found the song with innitials L.K.

orange.juice
02-19-2006, 10:13 PM
i guess it just makes me think how unlikley this is, and how easy it is to doctor-up false information...oh well
You are learning fast, young Jedi.

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Aldaraia sounds like Alderan

I thought the same thing, but it's Alderaan.

moneyisevil
02-19-2006, 10:18 PM
one day we will find out the real shit and the post count will deffinatley exceed 300...i guran-damn-tee it

also, does kabir know something we don't? let start bothering him

fraz
02-19-2006, 10:19 PM
orange juice that was nice work indeed.

Hodge
02-19-2006, 10:21 PM
man that pic gave me a woody, good job

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 10:22 PM
one day we will find out the real shit and the post count will deffinatley exceed 300...i guran-damn-tee it

also, does kabir know something we don't? let start bothering him

If we don't find out soon this one might exceed 300. It's almost to 100 and it's only been three hours.

orange.juice
Someone with a little more skills could put a few hours into such stuff and we´d all believe it.

ARMZ
http://opi8.com/transmit/users/teppo/archives/000148.php

ARMZ
02-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Translated from a german website... only website that google found with the word Kayenth

The airport Kayenth consists of a hard coating track without each buildings, lain next to a Highway intersection in the desert. A somewhat unaccustomed view compared to Europe. Four Corners lies near the point at that the four countries Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and meet Utah.

And if Laiad means secret..(as stated in my above link a few posts back), Kayenth is a hidden airport in New Mexico.. and Faaip De Oiad was the last track on Lateralus, which referred to aliens.. and theres a common tie between New mexico and aliens due to roswell...

Yes I see what you are saying, it does make sense. So the fake Maynard is really either a genius and masterminded the album name along with the track list OR he really did bump into Danny at the MagiZain launch and Danny gave him a card with info on it.

So for now I'll say that this is all very real. If it isn't, oh well.

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 10:30 PM
I'd be amazed if this is real. Just cause there is generally so much shit on that SMN board. I don't even go there looking for much that has value. It would truly be something if that was the first place to have the real info.

TheRuleOfThree
02-19-2006, 10:32 PM
There is also the possibility that he may have actually gotten this info from somewhere else but wanted to protect his source and so he came up with a different scenario.

Factor in the fact that the band is probably aware that the new album info will leak any day now if they're already doing interviews and such overseas with the information. Doesn't seem too implausible, although it is highly unprobable and the current time.

pris0n
02-19-2006, 10:34 PM
How do you even pronounce 'Aldaraia'?

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 10:35 PM

I'd GUESS- al durr eye uh

ARMZ
02-19-2006, 10:38 PM
The Book of Soyga is a medieval or early modern magical treatise, a copy of which is known to have been owned and (to some extent) studied by the mathematician and magician John Dee (1527--1608). The book itself was, to the frustration of generations of Dee scholars, not to be found. Quite recently, however, D. Harkness found copies in the Bodleian Library and in the British Library, filed under its alternate title, Aldaraia.

moneyisevil
02-19-2006, 10:38 PM
1. Yeah, Good job orange juice, that pic got me really fucken excited
2. Isn't it messed up that a bunch of fucken pencil-necked journalists have already heard the album/know tracklist/album name and here we are trying to figure out if this is all bullshit

MoreTool
02-19-2006, 10:39 PM
New Album : Trinity
May 10

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 10:40 PM
New Album : Trinity
May 10

That's a Wednesday.

Anyway, even if this isn't really the titles for the album/songs, there's interesting connections to stuff Blair mentions.

moneyisevil
02-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Album name: Tig o'l Bitties
release day: 6/9/06

fraz
02-19-2006, 10:45 PM
i bet there's about 500 fake album title suggestions in this forum over the past year.

Emperor
02-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Yeah, to promote the upcoming album Danny keeps cards with the track listing in his wallet that he gives out to random friends.

This might be convincing if it wasn't completely fucking retarded

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 10:54 PM
He should give his real name to Blair.

ARMZ
02-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Track 5: '23' will be about Aquarius the water bearer

Another track referring to 'water'

just simulacra
02-19-2006, 11:21 PM

lol. the first sign of a tool album.

mattw
02-19-2006, 11:22 PM
http://opi8.com/transmit/users/teppo/archives/000148.php

Reading through that was odd but the following bits caught my attention with regards to the tracks already listed, namely Permute and 23...

"a good portion of its emphasis is on the permutations and combinations of letter values, including the heretofore undeciphered tables in the back" and

"is taken modulo 23"

And the other link in this thread about Kayenth adds further to my curiousity. Again, if this is all a hoax, it's a damn good one.

ARMZ
02-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Armz: 24 (7.54 - 8.18) minutes of poo poo, taking into account walking to the toilet and back to the PC, it took 23 minutes to poo.

23 = about poo.
roffle

mattw
02-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Here's a thought experiment for you all: If someone 5 years ago posted that they had run into a band member and that they gave them a card with the following info on it, would you believe it to be true?

1. The Grudge
2. Eon Blue Apocalypse
3. The Patient
4. Mantra
5. Schism
6. Parabol
7. Parabola
8. Ticks & Leeches
9. Lateralus
10. Disposition
11. Reflection
12. Triad
13. Faaip De Oaid

I admit I would be sceptical. Tracks 2, 6, 7, 9, 12 & 13 all seem kinda odd to me. Just a thought, nothing else...

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Here's a thought experiment for you all: If someone 5 years ago posted that they had run into a band member and that they gave them a card with the following info on it, would you believe it to be true?

Well, most of those are in English. This current tracklisting is mostly not. I wouldn't think Tool would go THAT MUCH into the "mythology" but I can't really expect anything from them. Mythology is the wrong word, I just don't know how else to say what I'm thinking.

Spoon
02-19-2006, 11:50 PM
All I'll say is that that board is the perfect example of why signature-pictures are fucking retarded. You scroll through it and 95% of the content is people's retarded signatures.

Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 11:55 PM
All I'll say is that that board is the perfect example of why signature-pictures are fucking retarded. You scroll through it and 95% of the content is people's retarded signatures.

That's why I turned them off. I don't even remember what my signature is.

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 12:41 AM
That motherfucker is online but he isn't replying to the thread he made.

ARMZ
02-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Information is power.

3poundsoflove
02-20-2006, 12:55 AM
too many "the" to be true.

Tertius Oculum
02-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Really? I didn't think "The" was against naming. For all you know they could be Act breaks or something.

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Lateralus - Two "The"s
Thirteenth Step - Three "The"s

Natural progression says four and......

Aldaraia - Four "The"s

Also, LMFAO @ Ryan.

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 01:14 AM
The more I look at the Aldaraia list, the more it could be true. It's just so Toolish.

Email Blair. Maybe he'll comment tomorrow or Tuesday.

Ryan
02-20-2006, 01:26 AM
No that didn't sound plausible at all at that time!

Then again, I think Firefly is still the real name.

I dunno, stupid press, leak something already and not pee.

lactation is way plausible.

Shaz
02-20-2006, 01:30 AM
If those are the new names, i will eat a fresh steamy pile of my dogs excrement.

Not even close.

Think about it.

Shaz
02-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Post some more ;)

I would but you people are too mean for me.

Nah ya cool...

I would like to hear some tune by tool called visceral though.
Eh well, new updates soon.

I am going to go make a sandwich.

millermt
02-20-2006, 01:54 AM
I can't believe the excitement this has caused. It isn't even that great of a fake. LK should now be M, and either P or V should have a second word in the title.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 02:01 AM
It's obviously fake, someone said that this is the sequel to Lateralus, well keep on thinking that, coz it's not, it might continue more spiritaul themes but Lateralus represent it's theme alone, if you think you're getting a Lateralus theme, you'll be let down.

Also, L.K. the title doesn't exist anymore. It's a great fake and for a second, I even believed but it's obvious they're a big fan just like ourselves.

We're getting too many fake tracklistings, it is fun though... Blair just needs to set everything straight.

ARMZ
02-20-2006, 02:09 AM
Have I missed something? since when was L.K changed to M? and since when has the title L.K not existed? I'm not being smart, more like dumb so could you explain it to me, thanks.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Wandering into the now empty studio B, I checked out the Devo dolls that were propped up on the mixing console. I couldn't help wonder what, if any, effect my Icelandic Barbie would have on these. Glancing down at the most recent track listing, I noticed that one of the songs - the Daedalous piece, itself - now had a different name. As I contemplated the new title, it suddenly struck me that the Elemental, Obelisong (evoked during a recent Ouija Board Working), was clearly aware of this even though I hadn't even the slightest inkling at the time that ******** was just a temporary (joke?) title.

This was evident by something that happened during the Working that, at the time, I thought was insignificant (a curious bit of side phenomena, perhaps, but one that wasn't even worth mentioning in the transcript). What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters. This was Srr. (technikrym omitted). What makes this particularly remarkable (in light of this new track listing) is that the Soror's first initial is M. As it turned out, the Ouija entity also knew that a certain segue that I thought would surely be included on the record would NOT make it due to time constraints. This is why, when asked (TWICE) bout the name of this particular track, Obelisong replied that "THERE IS NO NAME", something that didn't seem right at the time, and only makes sense now that the record is finished.

It's obvious he means LK.

ARMZ
02-20-2006, 02:23 AM
How's it obvious that it's L.K? isn't L.K a 17 minute song?

Nebel
02-20-2006, 02:28 AM
How's it obvious that it's L.K? isn't L.K a 17 minute song?

Yeah..so?

It's obvious he's talking about LK, it's just common sense.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 02:41 AM
L.K. isn't it.

Yes it is, why isn't it? Explain to me that it's not L.K.

"Glancing down at the most recent track listing, I noticed that one of the songs - the Daedalous piece, itself - now had a different name."

The "daedalous piece" obviously refers to LK, it's long been known that it's his favourite Tool song to date and he even mentioned it to be "Daedalian" on December 14th, 2004. He knows that we think of the song as LK, and so he's telling us now it has a different name, why would he state that a song has a different name when we didn't know the (code)name to begin with? He'd simply not tell us.

NoD
02-20-2006, 02:46 AM
LK is still LK

"I noticed that one of the songs - the Daedalous piece, itself - now had a different name...... I hadn't even the slightest inkling at the time that ******** was just a temporary (joke?) title."

LK is 2 words, blair is talking about a title that was 1 word at first.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 02:48 AM
I guess it's 50/50, you may be right, I may be wrong, we don't know, unless you can proffesionally decipher Blair's postings.

I however, don't trust anything unless it's posted on the official website. If this is posted on the official website, then I'll believe it to be true, until then, no.

NoD
02-20-2006, 02:50 AM
It's also interesting that the "The..." titles are each followed by 2 songs a piece...except for the last, which leads into LK.......epic.........

NoD
02-20-2006, 03:10 AM

good find...although the astrological egyptian connection to the temple of isis in the grand canyon is where they're going with it

ARMZ
02-20-2006, 03:24 AM
good find...although the astrological egyptian connection to the temple of isis in the grand canyon is where they're going with it

For those who don't know about it can read from here if they like,

http://www.rense.com/general6/egy.htm

Although I would rather prefer to hear a song about a 'secret airport' as in Area 51 but I think the whole 'sacred geometry' and 'central figure in a planetary grid system' might fit better.

Fuck, I keep thinking that these are still the actual titles.

Soon my precious, soon.

zenkinet
02-20-2006, 03:33 AM
Are you talking about the post I made in there after I posted this? I only posted that in there because of this.

lol ok

NoD
02-20-2006, 03:39 AM
So, Nod, where is Retrogression?

my ouija board points to 121 + 1

Nebel
02-20-2006, 03:45 AM
I'm not saying it's real, but here are some of the meanings:

The Thorn -
"Thorn"
Botany.
A modified branch in the form of a sharp, woody spine.
Any of various shrubs, trees, or woody plants bearing sharp, woody spines.
Any of various sharp, spiny protuberances; a prickle.
One that causes sharp pain, irritation, or discomfort: He is a thorn in my side.
The runic letter þ originally representing either sound of the Modern English th, as in the and thin, used in Old English and Middle English manuscripts.

Annuled -
"Annuled"
No such word.

"Annulled"
To make or declare void or invalid, as a marriage or a law; nullify.
To obliterate the effect or existence of: “The significance of the past... is annulled in idle gusts of electronic massacre” (Alexander Cockburn).

Visceral -
"Visceral"
Relating to, situated in, or affecting the viscera.
Perceived in or as if in the viscera; profound: “The scientific approach to life is not really appropriate to states of visceral anguish” (Anthony Burgess).
Instinctive: visceral needs.

The Lucid -
"Lucid"
Easily understood; intelligible.
Mentally sound; sane or rational.
Translucent or transparent.

23 -
-Like 13, sometimes considered lucky or otherwise significant (as in the occult writings of Aleister Crowley and William S. Burroughs); see the 23 enigma.
-23rdian is a person who constantly witnesses the number 23 in high concentration.
-The number of chromosomes in a human germline cell
-A song of the band Jimmy Eat World on their album Futures.

Permute -
"Permute"
To change the order of.
Mathematics. To subject to permutation.

The Median -
"Median"
Relating to, located in, or extending toward the middle.
Anatomy. Of, relating to, or situated in or near the plane that divides a bilaterally symmetrical animal into right and left halves; mesial.
Statistics. Relating to or constituting the middle value in a distribution.

n.
A median point, plane, line, or part.
See median strip. See Regional Note at neutral ground.
Statistics. The middle value in a distribution, above and below which lie an equal number of values.
Mathematics.
A line that joins a vertex of a triangle to the midpoint of the opposite side.
The line that joins the midpoints of the nonparallel sides of a trapezoid.

Aldaraian -
"Aldaraian"
No such word.

"Aldaraia"
"Will of God" in Enochian.

Mandalic -
"Mandalic"
No such word.

"Mandala"
Any of various ritualistic geometric designs symbolic of the universe, used in Hinduism and Buddhism as an aid to meditation.

The Ascent -
"Ascent"
The act or process of rising or going upward.
An advancement, especially in social status.
An upward slope or incline.
A going back in time or upward in genealogical succession.

Laiad Kayenth -
"Laiad"
"The secrets of" or "Truth" in Enochian.

"Kayenth"
No such word.
However, an airport?

mattw
02-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Looks like the band have been busy, setting up a nice little B & B on the other side of the world with a familiar name:

http://www.aldaraia.co.nz/property_for_sale.html

I wonder if the owners had anything to do with the new album...?

ARMZ
02-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Well if it is indeed a song on the album then 'Laiad Kayenth' should be about Area 51 or at least along those lines of secret bases, perhaps underground ones.

The only reference to 'Kayenth' is on one page from google which has to be translated and which was posted earlier by Systolic and reads as...

To Sedona it continued to go over Kayenth and Four Corners to Santa Fe. The airfield Kayenth consists of a hard lining runway without any buildings, convenient beside a Highway crossing in the desert.

Kayenth (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.flugsport.ch/beitraege/Mexico/nmexico.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3DKayenth%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG)

So it's an airfield and not an airport, my mistake but it may also be a place/town or whatever.

Foamy
02-20-2006, 04:22 AM
Anulled isn't a word? Since when? Isn't that a catholic thing? When people get divorced they get their marriage anulled. Its like the marriage never happened.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 04:26 AM
Anulled isn't a word? Since when? Isn't that a catholic thing? When people get divorced they get their marriage anulled. Its like the marriage never happened.

Annuled isn't a word but annulled is..yeah..

Systolic
02-20-2006, 04:46 AM
Hey, I can't wait for that Tool live album, when's that going to be released?

Alot of you really are oblivious, just because he says the sequel to Lateralus, doesn't mean its a continuation. They could have said, that about Aenima. It's not Lateralus part 2, bloody hell.

I think it means DVD...
And the point is that they DIDNT refer to it as the sequel to Aenima. This is distinct, and I am simply using it as a basis by which to judge the similarities in the hypothetical tracklisting and Lateralus.

Let me have my fun. If I'm wrong, all hail almighty Nebel for not falling into the deadly trap of fake Tool album tracklists.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 04:48 AM
I think it means DVD...
And the point is that they DIDNT refer to it as the sequel to Aenima. This is distinct, and I am simply using it as a basis by which to judge the similarities in the hypothetical tracklisting and Lateralus.

Let me have my fun. If I'm wrong, all hail almighty Nebel for not falling into the deadly trap of fake Tool album tracklists.

lol, you can have your fun, I'm just stating the obvious, of course it can have spiritual themes just like Lateralus, just don't expect it to sound like Lateralus (if it did, then there would be no progression as a band). Even going by this tracklisting, that don't sound like a sequel to it, but anyway, it's no problem with me, sorry for starting on you like that

mike09
02-20-2006, 06:00 AM
So, basically, if this isn't true, you gotta' give a hand to the man who made this up. He did some research and atleast he's adding a little bit more life to these forums as we wait for the real album. Who knows? Maybe this is the real tracklisting. There's a lot of evidence shown in this thread to convince me enough to believe it. I'm still skeptical, as I always am until the last minute. It's not going to take long to find out if this is true or not, just wait for the TB update in a couple days. Also, just something to think about, if that guy has been a member of the boards for a few years, why would he post a fake tracklist and story? Now, I don't know what type of user he is or if he's respected at all over there or not, but if he was caught, wouldn't his reputation on the board change drastically in a negative way afterwards?

Nebel
02-20-2006, 06:04 AM
Who knows, if it's true it's true, but I'm only believing it if it's posted on Toolband.

mike09
02-20-2006, 06:04 AM
That's reasonable.

DirtyBanana
02-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Looking at pictures from Joshua Davis and hearing what he said in that presentation,the song "Viscreral" could be real:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=767818#post767818

(Check out the last pic)

millermt
02-20-2006, 06:22 AM
This is still being debated?! Good lord people, go back to sleep. Someone will wake you when the real tracklist is posted.

pushin
02-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Yes! It is!

http://www.aldaraia.co.nz/

ARMZ
02-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Looking at pictures from Joshua Davis and hearing what he said in that presentation,the song "Viscreral" could be real:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=767818#post767818

(Check out the last pic)
What am I looking for?

mike09
02-20-2006, 07:12 AM
What am I looking for?

Exactly what I'm saying.

ARMZ
02-20-2006, 07:16 AM
I think I can see a bear in the last pic.

vinegar_tom
02-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Does no one know 23 skidoo?

Madklikor
02-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Aldaraia sounds like Aenima.
Laiad Kayenth sounds like Faaip De Oaid (at least the first word, especially at the end of the album).

Might be true, or not. I like most of these titles, so if it's true I'm ok with it (and what matters is the music anyway).

metalforever
02-20-2006, 08:13 AM
sound reasonable for the most part. if these titles are fake, whoever made them up did a damn good job.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 08:18 AM
I bet Blair's gonna get a surprise (a flood of mail) in his inbox when he wakes up this morning..

kyyuulle
02-20-2006, 08:21 AM
if you look on http://www.joshuadavis.com/ in the web section of his site, he refers to the background spirals on the toolband website as "thorns"

TheRuleOfThree
02-20-2006, 08:28 AM
For what it's worth, ToolArmy has no mention of this anywhere yet, even in the message boards. I don't know if that really means anything, but I figured I would let people know.

vinegar_tom
02-20-2006, 08:32 AM
For what it's worth, ToolArmy has no mention of this anywhere yet, even in the message boards. I don't know if that really means anything, but I figured I would let people know.
Cool, let us know when you know something.

Christoff
02-20-2006, 08:45 AM
This tracklisting, to my mind, can only be the work of Maynard himself, cleverly shooting down the middle.

I do not think this is the actual tracklisting, but it would not surprise me if it is near to it.

orange.juice
02-20-2006, 08:49 AM
this fake tracklisting is really getting a lot of attention. wow, almost 200 posts!

LetGoLetgoLetGo
02-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Aldaraia sounds like Aenima.
Laiad Kayenth sounds like Faaip De Oaid (at least the first word, especially at the end of the album).

Might be true, or not. I like most of these titles, so if it's true I'm ok with it (and what matters is the music anyway).

They sound like each other? Really? Are you deaf?

champion
02-20-2006, 08:57 AM
I checked ToolArmy also. No mentions, still.

grime_z
02-20-2006, 09:09 AM
I agree that these titles sound a bit too familiar... but I could care less what the titles are. The music is what matters, and being a Tool release, it will be a work of art.

ATARI
02-20-2006, 09:15 AM
The Thorn sounds like a good opening track.

Otherwise this thread appears to be 100% bullshit unless I see something on Toolband, or something from Toolarmy

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Much like God - it doesn't matter if this tracklist is or isn't real, the bottom line is that it is NECESSARY IMO.

In other words, it gives us something to chew on other than that Elephtheria BS. Clearly these titles have been well crafted.

Just imagine - the last track on the new album (probably Tool's last) being 17 minutes long... talk about an epic and amazing way to end a phenomenal career.

5th Eye
02-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Who cares? Just wait until they release legit info and we won't have to argue back and forth.

Windir
02-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Has anyone ever thought about that Tool might do something Fantômas or Devin Townsend did with their upcoming album; Have the albumtitle and name every song the same (or close to).

Fantômas did it with Suspended Animation- Every song is 1 day ahead.
Devin Townsend did it with DevLab- DevLab1, DevLab2, DevLab3.

Eg?
I meant Eh... Eh?

5th Eye
02-20-2006, 09:53 AM
[no].

Hodge
02-20-2006, 09:55 AM
no.

TurdEye13
02-20-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm waiting for the official announcement before I get too excited.

Windir
02-20-2006, 09:57 AM
[no].

Uhuh.

Ocelot199
02-20-2006, 09:59 AM
HOLY SHIT CHECK TOOLBAND!!!!!!!
absolutly nothing new there lol

mike09
02-20-2006, 10:02 AM
atleast 100 people just rushed over to toolband.com after reading the post above mine. lol

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 10:03 AM

OMFG!!!!
Finally!

Madklikor
02-20-2006, 10:03 AM
They sound like each other? Really? Are you deaf?

Aenima/Aldaraia? I agree they don't sound totaly alike, but there are strong similarities in sound and composition. Stop the stupid agressivity.

Ocelot199
02-20-2006, 10:05 AM
atleast 100 people just rushed over to toolband.com after reading the post above mine. lol
Couldn't help myself.

I like Alderiaiaiaiai as a title. That tracklisting is kinda lame though. Too similar to Lateralus.

orange.juice
02-20-2006, 10:10 AM
i was one of them.

Lamb & Martyr^
02-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Fake but promising, they are only going to get better from here.

mike09
02-20-2006, 10:16 AM
me too

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 10:24 AM
We cannot say that this is absolutely a hoax...IMO if you say that - your just being a skeptic (which is actually pretty understandable at this point in time).

On the same token we need some fuckin feedback from BMB! Until then we cannot determine if it is definitly real.

Keep in mind also that this information was supposedly NOT recieved through a leak by the media - Tool is still doing their promo tour as we speak. If this isn't legitimate, the real stuff might still be out there.

Ktuluvic
02-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Just a possibility, but maybe tool is giving out close but fake info on this promo tour. They've never really been a fan of the press or media types, and it could help kill leaks getting out. Let people run around with the wrong song and album title, they still get promotion, and people go buck wild over the info. Not to mention it might be a great april fools joke....

Ocelot199
02-20-2006, 10:53 AM
That would rule, and make a bit of sense. Anybody email blair asking about this?

Nebel
02-20-2006, 11:03 AM
I emailed him earlier, nothing yet.

ATARI
02-20-2006, 11:18 AM

Hey.

FUCK YOU buddy. FUCK YOU.

moneyisevil
02-20-2006, 11:28 AM
wow 6 pages

Ocelot199
02-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey.

FUCK YOU buddy. FUCK YOU.
Aww come on, someone was gonna do it sooner or later. It was funny.

ATARI
02-20-2006, 11:35 AM
It's all in good nature. :)

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-20-2006, 11:55 AM
wow 6 pages

I think 10 is on the horizon.

dracomordag
02-20-2006, 11:55 AM
as so many people have said...

it's probably not real, but it's really well done.

KJM
02-20-2006, 11:59 AM

1. The Grudge
2. Eon Blue Apocalypse
3. The Patient
4. Mantra
5. Schism
6. Parabol
7. Parabola
8. Ticks & Leeches
9. Lateralus
10. Disposition
11. Reflection
12. Triad
13. Faaip De Oaid

I admit I would be sceptical. Tracks 2, 6, 7, 9, 12 & 13 all seem kinda odd to me. Just a thought, nothing else...

But ticks and leeches was totally believeable?

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 12:10 PM
This tracklisting, to my mind, can only be the work of Maynard himself, cleverly shooting down the middle.

I do not think this is the actual tracklisting, but it would not surprise me if it is near to it.

I thought of something like that last night after I went to bed. Rather than MAKE a decoy CD, they made decoy titles.

Wretched
02-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Here's my opinion:

Myself, and everyone else who thinks this stuff is fake, will be happily dancing and saying "I told you so." once the truth is out. If this stuff is real, I'll apologise, but I'm just not convinced guys.

Christoff
02-20-2006, 12:44 PM
On second thoughts, after having read the January newsletter again, it wouldn't have taken much effort to produce that tracklist.

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 01:06 PM
-whew-

Thank god someone killed that "Livide" thread. If that shit was new Tool then I'd gouge my eyes out.

I know its been said but it seems as if all these track titles are "other worldly". There is nothing in plain english (in the likes of Ticks & Leeches, Useful Idiot, or even Pushit).

If these are real then this is gonna be one weird album...

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 01:07 PM
-whew-

Thank god someone killed that "Livide" thread. If that shit was new Tool then I'd gouge my eyes out.

I know its been said but it seems as if all these track titles are "other worldly". There is nothing in plain english (in the likes of Ticks & Leeches, Useful Idiot, or even Pushit).

If these are real then this is gonna be one weird album...

Yeah personally I think they sound too much like Blair.

nddurst
02-20-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that the new tracklisting and album title will be posted first on either Toolband or Toolarmy, no where else.

AKA: The band members aren't handing out cards for Christ's sake.

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that the new tracklisting and album title will be posted first on either Toolband or Toolarmy, no where else.

AKA: The band members aren't handing out cards for Christ's sake.

23 Jan 06
TOOL PROMO TOUR

As it now stands, in a few weeks (mid-February) the members of the band (except for Adam) and their manager will be traveling to parts of Europe, England, Japan and Australia on a bit of a promo tour, meaning that they will be meeting with record company people and doing various interviews with the press in order to promote their new record and upcoming tours. Although any press releases are usually timed to coincide with the release of the record, there will undoubtedly be leaks, so those of you who scour the internet should be on the lookout around this time. As the others field questions and deal with promo issues abroad, Adam will remain in Los Angeles to direct the new Tool video.

BMB

The person COULD have made up the story about Danny to protect their source.

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 01:18 PM
The person COULD have made up the story about Danny to protect their source.

This person definitly has a TDN account.

paraflux
02-20-2006, 01:23 PM
The thread with the link to that track disappeared.
Why?

Because links to leaks, any album leaks, not just Tool, are not allowed here. They are the copywritten product of someone's work and I know you sure as hell wouldnt want to work for free.

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Because links to leaks, any album leaks, not just Tool, are not allowed here. They are the copywritten product of someone's work and I know you sure as hell wouldnt want to work for free.

not true

paraflux
02-20-2006, 01:26 PM
not true

Then go out and work for free then, no one is stopping you. This is not, however, how the rest of the world operates.

Ktuluvic
02-20-2006, 01:28 PM
The more time this has to digest, I'm leaning towards this being false info. It could very well be from the band or from someone in the tool camp however. If it's not, then whoever it was went to some trouble and did their research, so kudos. All of tracks seem to have either come from newsletters, news posts, or tdn. If I had to guess, I think it's a red herring sent out to sea by the tool camp.

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Then go out and work for free then, no one is stopping you. This is not, however, how the rest of the world operates.

I pay $40,000 a year to go to work thank you.

edit: my parents pay...but still...

Ktuluvic
02-20-2006, 01:33 PM
That's not work, it's school. There's a difference.

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 01:34 PM
That's not work, it's school. There's a difference.

You are correct...

I am a dick.

now back to the new album!

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey man,

I told him i wouldnt scan it.... and im not going too... at least not until the announcement is made on Toolarmy. Danny made reference to it being released within the next week or so. I think its fair enough to give them that.

I can tell you that getting to talk with him for a few minutes, it was really cool. I didnt want to push him too much for new album shit (and honestly i was kinda nervous... maybe because hes a nasty drummer, or maybe because he was towering over me). He said the new stuff is very complex.. I kinda jokingly said something along the lines of "So what... You guys covering Phillip Glass?" he just kinda smiled...shook his head.

Bein a drummer, i asked about that new pad thing and what got him into electronics and shit originally. He said it took a little getting used to, but it can do so much...just another way to broaden his drumming horizens, which i thought was a good way of looking at it.

Anyhow.. I didnt ask for an autograph or any of that. Just shook his hand, told him i was looking forwards to seeing them. he said they should be back in UK late summer.

I have a feeling whatever we're in for is gonna be really good. Sorry if you guys dont believe me on the listing.

Honestly, the track listing COULD be fake as a joke that they handing out to press and fans to stir excitement. Who knows...

That's from the SMN board just now.

KILL_CLOWNS
02-20-2006, 01:42 PM
That's from the SMN board just now.

.....I bet he was typing that post for several hours trying to make it sound legit. I still don't believe this. We'll see.

paraflux
02-20-2006, 01:42 PM

1) no one pays $40,000 to go to work so I am assuming you mean school.
2) And if you dont pay for your own life yet, you probably cant understand the importance of the principle to which we are adhering. So the "but still" part doesnt work at all.

Anyway, see the Leaks thread.

paraflux
02-20-2006, 01:43 PM
.....I bet he was typing that post for several hours trying to make it sound legit. I still don't believe this. We'll see.

I dont either, but then again I'm more of a cynic these days.

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 01:44 PM

I replied saying I didn't think they'd just give a random fan some card with all the info everyone wants on it.

Yea...

It is weird... i have stuff kinda like that though ive picked up at shows for Toolarmy and for APC. Just little cards that promote stuff.

Maybe they would rather have the info get out through the fans though? Im sure we'll know soon, as im sure he'll be handing them out to others...then we can see if they match.

The titles seemed pretty spot on to me. Dont know what half of em mean... but hell....thats tool right?

Ktuluvic
02-20-2006, 01:46 PM
^the more he says, the more this looks like bullshit. My money is still on the band giving out fake info cards to press and random people they run into.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 01:48 PM
No way would Danny hand out a card to a random fan, heck he wouldn't even talk to him about the album. Unless the guy's a member of the press, that's not going to happen. They're going to announce it on Tool Army before we ever hear the tracklisting.

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 01:48 PM
^the more he says, the more this looks like bullshit. My money is still on the band giving out fake info cards to press and random people they run into.

That is what I figured and it sounds plausable.

Ktuluvic
02-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Not only plausible, but fucking hilarious. Best april fools joke ever. I didn't think they could top last years.

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Not only plausible, but fucking hilarious. Best april fools joke ever. I didn't think they could top last years.

They should roll with it until we find out otherwise on the CD jacket.

Ktuluvic
02-20-2006, 01:58 PM
They should put a sticker on it that says happy april fools.

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 01:59 PM
They should put a sticker on it that says happy april fools.

That would be the greatest thing they've ever done.

Seriously.

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 01:59 PM
1) no one pays $40,000 to go to work so I am assuming you mean school.
2) And if you dont pay for your own life yet, you probably cant understand the importance of the principle to which we are adhering. So the "but still" part doesnt work at all.

Anyway, see the Leaks thread.

I was just fucking with you... I'm a god damn college student I have no money...

seriosly though no hard feelings?

orange.juice
02-20-2006, 02:07 PM
It is weird... i have stuff kinda like that though ive picked up at shows for Toolarmy and for APC. Just little cards that promote stuff.

Hm, i think he´s getting a bit nervous right there. And the "stuff kinda like that" gave him the impression to make up his story.

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Hm, i think he´s getting a bit nervous right there. And the "stuff kinda like that" gave him the impression to make up his story.

haha seriously...

Someone tell this guy that he did a damn good job making this shit up and that we all thank him for ingniting the boards here at TDN - but its time to concede defeat.

This is what gets me: "Honestly, the track listing COULD be fake as a joke that they handing out to press and fans to stir excitement. Who knows..."

He is setting up an escape route. He now has plausible deniability - touche my friend... you're a sly mofo...

waffel
02-20-2006, 02:14 PM
fake.

paraflux
02-20-2006, 02:26 PM
I was just fucking with you... I'm a god damn college student I have no money...

seriosly though no hard feelings?

Course not, its not really part of my persona to back down though. All good.

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Course not, its not really part of my persona to back down though. All good.

Person
Persona

I think we got two new track names.

paraflux
02-20-2006, 02:31 PM
No one seems to have gathered that Blair is my friend since middle school. I've been dropping track names for the last 2 months and no one seems to have noticed.

Ktuluvic
02-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Person
Persona
Those are tracks 6 and 7 on earshot, they're fucking amazing. I won't give away any other track titles though, I'll leave that to 'flux.

kyyuulle
02-20-2006, 02:35 PM
proof?

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 02:35 PM
proof?

of?

paraflux
02-20-2006, 02:37 PM
The proof is in the pudding.

edit: Not professor pudding.

Goldfoot
02-20-2006, 02:39 PM
The proof is in the pudding.

You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat.

mike09
02-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Mother, do you think they'll drop the bomb?

paraflux
02-20-2006, 02:46 PM
I think the new record will be a bomb, yes.

That was a lame attempt to get the thread back on topic without deleting posts, namely my own.

Hodge
02-20-2006, 02:47 PM
i can't believe it's almost here...for real this time

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 02:51 PM
I want one of those mini-reviews to be leaked soon... they are still on that promo tour - we ought to have some other sources of info leaking in by now...

I don't think the leak we have here is the kind BMB had in mind when he made that post...

Systolic
02-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Hmmm plausible deniability huh..

Yeah seems like BS to me, which is weird considering how adamantly I was for it last night.

You cant deny how well crafted it was though... look at all of the evidence I found supporting its truth...

millermt
02-20-2006, 03:08 PM
New Song??
I have a friend, who works in the U.K. at a drummer Magazine

http://www.drummer-mag.com/issue.asp?issue=current

He said they just did an interview with DC regarding the new album, and were played a track called "The Thorn". Said it fuckin crazy. About 9 minutes, with a heavy churning sound to it. Very tight, lots of stuff goin on. Danny Solos for about 2 minutes. he said think "46&2 only about 3 times as long with more of an Eastern/Electronic tightness to it, and he even pulls out the gong at one point."

Ive hooked him up with some shows in the past, and hes a good guy, i dont see any reason to lie. Fuckin awesome if its true. When i read his e-mail, that solo description gave me chills.

So the above was posted over at ToolArmy. I may be starting to buy into this tracklist...

Nebel
02-20-2006, 03:09 PM
From ToolArmy

I have a friend, who works in the U.K. at a drummer Magazine

http://www.drummer-mag.com/issue.asp?issue=current

He said they just did an interview with DC regarding the new album, and were played a track called "The Thorn". Said it fuckin crazy. About 9 minutes, with a heavy churning sound to it. Very tight, lots of stuff goin on. Danny Solos for about 2 minutes. he said think "46&2 only about 3 times as long with more of an Eastern/Electronic tightness to it, and he even pulls out the gong at one point."

Ive hooked him up with some shows in the past, and hes a good guy, i dont see any reason to lie. Fuckin awesome if its true. When i read his e-mail, that solo description gave me chills.

True or someone on here/on there, just fucking with us?

Edit: Damnit beaten!

LetGoLetgoLetGo
02-20-2006, 03:13 PM
No one seems to have gathered that Blair is my friend since middle school. I've been dropping track names for the last 2 months and no one seems to have noticed.

Umm....I dont think Blair is 30 yrs old. Unless youre member info is BS.......

Nebel
02-20-2006, 03:17 PM
It can't be 3 times as long as Forty-Six & 2 due to the fact that is 6 minutes and 6 times 3 is 18 so... I think he exagerrated with that part.

Madklikor
02-20-2006, 03:18 PM
It can't be 3 times as long as Forty-Six & 2 due to the fact that is 6 minutes and 6 times 3 is 18 so... I think he exagerrated with that part.

He was talking about the drum solo.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 03:19 PM
He was talking about the drum solo.

Oh. I should learn to read.

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 03:22 PM
haha...

I really am trying to be skeptical about this tracklist but I JUST posted that we should be looking for more sources and bam we got one....

Perhaps this is a conspiracy of some sorts haha... or maybe this given tracklist is only partially real...either way...im starting to become a believer

orange.juice
02-20-2006, 03:24 PM
<- Not convinced yet. This could be the same guy that made the tracklist - then again...

Nebel
02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Is it me though or do none of those tracks sound like segues?

hanger25934
02-20-2006, 03:26 PM
i can't hear anything.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 03:26 PM
You haven't heard it yet?

EDIT: OMG DUDE, ME AND YOU GOT THE SAME POST COUNT, HIGH FIVE!!

millermt
02-20-2006, 03:27 PM
haha...

I really am trying to be skeptical about this tracklist but I JUST posted that we should be looking for more sources and bam we got one....

Perhaps this is a conspiracy of some sorts haha... or maybe this given tracklist is only partially real...either way...im starting to become a believer

I requested screen capture of the e-mail to verify the story. But people over there generally don't just make up complete bullshit stories (whether because of the karma system or whatever). I think I may be starting to believe as well...

mike09
02-20-2006, 03:28 PM
That description about "The Thorn" makes me really want to hear it if it's a real song. Crazy...middle eastern...egyptian...drum solo...OMG. That better not be bullshit.

Chrysalyzed
02-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah, if this is true then they're just not trying anymore. I remember the whole Systema Encephale nonsense from Lateralus. I sorta liked that name more actually. :(

noisetherapy
02-20-2006, 03:29 PM
i dont get it. is that link to the magazine supposed to prove DC is on it? says nothing about him.

millermt
02-20-2006, 03:31 PM
i dont get it. is that link to the magazine supposed to prove DC is on it? says nothing about him.

I think it's just showing the validity of the mag his friend works for.

mike09
02-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Systema Encephale isn't a bad name at all. It's the track titles that were absolutely rediculous.

millermt
02-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Is it me though or do none of those tracks sound like segues?

I could see "The Lucid" and "Permute" as segue titles...

EDIT: I guess "Permute" wouldn't be a segue because it would fit for the "P" single from BMB's Ouija session.

Nebel
02-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Is two enough for a Tool album?

mike09
02-20-2006, 03:33 PM
It was for Lateralus.

noisetherapy
02-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I could see "The Lucid" and "Permute" as segue titles...

maybe all the "THE" titles are segues

Ktuluvic
02-20-2006, 03:34 PM
This just lends more credability to tool leaking fake info to the press. I'll say it again: Best aprils fools joke ever. I'm gonna save that sticker forever.

Nebel
maybe all the "THE" titles are segues

Not according to the guy up there saying that the thorn is a song.

hanger25934
opiate and undertow had zero segues.

noisetherapy
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Not according to the guy up there saying that the thorn is a song.

good point

retracted

InertUniformity
02-20-2006, 03:40 PM
i feel pretty vulnerable to ANY info right now. It seems like any ass could post something new that sounds kind of "toolish" and we would all eat it up....which is understandable...

I'm just saying that if i was ever gonna make something up just to fuck with people, now would be the time - just before official info is released, while we feast on some sketchy (but increasingly credible) rumors... I just think we ought to be wary of ppl like HJK or Schism...cuz now is the time they might go hog wild...

Foamy
02-20-2006, 03:44 PM
It was for Lateralus.
Eon Blue Apocolypse, Mantra, Faaip De Oaid = 3

millermt
02-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Eon Blue Apocolypse, Mantra, Faaip De Oaid = 3

Not sure how to classify Faaip, but it wasn't a segue.