PDA

View Full Version : Is it all necessary?

kac624
03-04-2003, 02:23 PM
This is just a thought that occured to me while reading some of the posts about third eye and reaching a higher level of understanding and being. i'm 15 years old and am very intersted in psychology and philosophy. i have never done any major drugs (just pot), and dont think i will, but i am facinated by this whole high conscioussness ordeal. i dont necessarily believe this thought, but i thought it was worth mentioning.

Anyway, i just thought, is it really necessary to reach this ultimate level of exsistance in this physical stage of life? i mean, maybe god, or whoever put us here, put us here for a reason. To learn, to love, to express and create art. Maybe we will simply achieve this state after we die, in the eternal after life. Maybe we should worry more about living our life, enjoying it, learning, loving yourself and others, and less about getting past our phsyical life, and then maybe all that knowledge will come to us later in our timeless life. Enjoy what we can now, ya know?

Once again, i dont necessarily believe this, and i am NOT putting down anyone who tries to achieve a greater state of life, and may attempt to do so later in life.
FEEDBACK PLEASE!

Mickey Sanchez
03-04-2003, 11:45 PM
I my view the two most important things in life are enjoyment and progression. Firstly you should always enjoy your self in everything you do and secondly you do need to progress in some way. This does not meen to a higher plane of existence though. Personal growth, new experinces, skills or stuff (most people here will prolly say materal posessions are unimportant, which they are but there still real handy) will all surefice. See with out some type of movin foward your not achieving anything wich just makes life boring.