PDA

View Full Version : moving energy

Delirium Color
02-08-2006, 12:12 AM
I've been trying this for a while and I wanted to know if anyone else has experieneced this. Are you familiar with sucking energy from the ground and moving up through your body out of the top of your head? Kinda like the Parabola video where the eyes go up his body then there are white energy lines coming out of the head? yeah, same thing.

While listening to the song I have tried this and noticed that at the end, after the last of the lyrics when it goes into the guitar part, that this part actually helps to move the energy. It is weird. You can feel it moving up your body.

Has anyone tried this? Probably not. If you have, or want to try it, please post.

J.

nevermore
02-08-2006, 10:57 AM
That would be called Kundalini Yoga, Tantic Yoga, or Mandala Psychology. These methods involve becoming concious of the "subtle energy" within the human body.

Here is some information:

Tantrism was anti-ascetic and anti-speculative, and represented a transgressive countercurrent to mainstream Hinduism. It rejected the prevalent cast system and represented a transvaluation of values.

In tantrism there was a celebration of the body, which was seen as the microcosm of the universe.

In contrast to the masculinist cast of traditional Hinduism, Eliade (Note 1 & 3) noted that in tantrism, “for the first time in the spiritual history of Aryan India, the Great Goddess acquires a predominant position…We also recognize a sort of religious rediscovery of the mystery of woman.”

Zimmer stated that tantrism “insists on the holiness and purity of all things; hence, the ‘five forbidden things’…constitute the substance of the sacramental fare in certain tantric rites: wine, meat, fish, parched grain, and sexual intercourse.”

In what are known as the “right-handed” schools these are used in rituals symbolically, whereas in the “left-handed” schools they are used literally.

Jung specified his psychological understanding of tantric yoga as follows:
The philosophy is namely the interpretation given to the precise condition of the non-ego, which affects our personal psychology, however independent from us it remains. It sees the aim of human development as bringing about an approach to and connection between the specific nature of the non-ego and the conscious ego. Tantra yoga then gives a representation of the condition and the developmental phases of this impersonality, as it itself in its own way produces the light of a higher suprapersonal consciousness.

In Kundalini yoga the body is represented as consisting in a series of cakras: muladhara, svadhisthana, manipura, anahata, visuddha, ajna and sahasrara.

The cakras and the nadis are not intended as physiological depictions of the body but represent a subtle or mystical body. Feuerstein described them as an “idealized version of the structure of the subtle body, which are meant to guide the yogin’s visualization and contemplation.”

Dedicated_TOOLfan
02-17-2006, 08:21 PM
? ?

a788
02-17-2006, 09:15 PM
i'm not really sure that i could believe that any person could suck the energy from the ground......

slamminsalmon
04-21-2006, 09:55 AM
all i know is there is alot more going on that we dont see. the human mind is a powerful thing, not one person on this earth has yet to reach its full potential

04-21-2006, 03:21 PM
all i know is there is alot more going on that we dont see. the human mind is a powerful thing, not one person on this earth has yet to reach its full potential

How can you be so sure? If nobody has reached it's full potential then you can't know where the full potential limit is. It might only be half a metaphorical inch above where some people are today.

WTFmate
05-11-2006, 12:21 PM
You guys are on your own with this energy stuff because I think your crazy, but I do geet a burst of energy in between Parabol and Parabola. The transition between the two songs is the best part out of the entire CD.

savelints8
05-11-2006, 11:16 PM
You guys are on your own with this energy stuff because I think your crazy, but I do geet a burst of energy in between Parabol and Parabola. The transition between the two songs is the best part out of the entire CD.
Agreed.

AlexTool
06-01-2006, 09:56 AM
So,,, i do feel energy, not only when i listen Parabol/A, but every Tool song is a energy conducter, i always felt this... there is something different in Tool, no doubts about it, but wow, felling energy coming from the ground, only if the person who lives in under my house, starts to knock in sealing with a broom for the sound being too damn loud... But you feel this man, good for you... i don't.. not on that way.. but TOOl is something transcendental, awesome, charismatic, and energy filler !!!

Peace to all

SaturnAscends1or10
06-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Yes, Tool is definitely God's, Santan's, Evolutions, or whatever's gift to the music world; whoever or whatever created these four guys knew they would one day unite to bless the world with a lyrical/musical zen.

UFOtofu
06-17-2006, 09:36 AM
I agree with Delirium in that the earth and humans have energies in/about them, and further, that with meditation and practice a "flow" can be created between the two. I would even go as far as saying that all matter has energy "in" it, but I personally feel it would take a sentient being to initiate/mediate a transference of energy. That is not to say that two (or more) inanimate objects could not have a reaction of inherent energies due simply to their physical properties. Now, I have no scientific or philisophic theories to support this; it's just the way I feel the universe is connected...and that is good enough for me.

Nevermore is on a whole different level. You either really, REALLY know what your talking about, or you need to give the thesaurus a rest (j/k :))

Slamminsalmon is right on, too, with human beings having not reached their full potential. And I think this is stemming from the phrase that most humans only use a fraction of their brain's full capacity, which may be a fact, albeit a pretentious one, considering how little we really understand about our own minds, or rather, how many questions we have about how our minds/brains work. Assuming we evolve/progress, it could be said that we will never reach our full potential, as we can always grow/become more than just the sum of our parts.

My 2 Cents. Thanks.

Dr.Greenthumb
01-08-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm not sure, maybe it's not wise to post into such an old thread. Anyways, I have done certain chinese standing excersises for a couple of months now (they are really meant for moving and filling your energies- taking chi from the ground and moving it up to the sky). I'm not somekind of hardcore fan, but these poses are really good for relaxing your mind and body- when having been standing for some time you get a magnetic feeling that surrounds you. That is somehow connected with breathing- vibrates in the same motion. Also these can be practiced for meditation. I must say that when sometimes feeling very comfortable I get those extatic chills coming up my spine (those you usually get at concerts when your favorite song is going to be next). Most often I have witnessed this, when listening to tool at the same time. With these chills, you really feel being in the torrent of some universial energy. No shit guys! Here's the link if you happen to be interested http://www.da-cheng-chuan.org/
Unfortunately these extatic chills are quite rare and usually I just veel good after those excersises- but I don't complain, everything comes on it's time.

blue.haired.zombie
01-18-2007, 04:38 PM
yeah. many people that live near the san andreas fault claim to feel energy flow up from the ground and transperse through their bodies... coincidentally, they are in fact listening to tool at these times.... here's tom with the weather.

amenorakumo
01-19-2007, 04:57 AM
Breathe,
breathe in the air
dont be afraid to care