PDA

View Full Version : Drugs..Drugs... check this out

Anarkz666
03-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Get the real Aenema CD, the timing has to be correct, listen to it on a player that shows the time of the song.

The beginning of the song starts out rough, like something tragic, towards then end of this (which I don't want to explain in this post) Maynard screams for a very long time. Watch the time as he screams, and as soon as he stops... what does the time say?

4:20

Then the song gets lighter, hes happier, more content.

crow011
03-03-2003, 10:49 PM
either im really exhausted from uni (and i am) or that post made absolutely fuck all sense . . .

theres a difference between drug use and drug abuse - and this guy just proved it . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

Mickey Sanchez
03-04-2003, 08:02 PM
So what is so special about 4:20, cos realy if there is nothing then crow011 is right...

Hogpile
03-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Sanchez, I don't know if you mean whats the guys point, or if you really don't know what 4:20 means. 4:20 is the worldwide # of choice celebrated by almost every stoner I ever met. The number has many different supposed meanings, some say it was the exact amount of chemicals in weed(which is false, there are many more than that and no one is sure exactly how many). I've also heard that 4:20 used to be a police code for smoking marijuana in public. April 20th(4:20) is also when the Hemp fest in Amsterdam occurs every year.(and ironically is also Hitler's birthday.)

seraph
03-05-2003, 10:09 AM
kewl observation

it's approximately around the point when that amazing guitar solo starts ummmm so welcome to stoner country...and I wouldn't doubt it that Tool would do something like that heh

Mickey Sanchez
03-06-2003, 01:31 AM
I auctualy never did know this and I know lots of stoners, though not very well but if it was widely knowen then I thought I would have herd it. I supose it could be cos the term hasnt come down to little old NZ (where I live). I stand corrected.

th3rdeye
03-12-2003, 10:53 PM
"See I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you dont think drugs have done good things for us do me a favor. Go home tonite, take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CDs and burn 'em. Cuz you know what? All those musicians that made that great music thats enhanced your life over the years...REAAAAAALLL fucking high on drugs."

"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, is what it is. Keep that in mind at all times, thank you."

Those are 2 quotes from the beginning of the LP version, so yea there are some drug use ties with the song. Originally I thought the song was about justifying the release of the mind via drugs. As if the drugs "open up your 3rd eye." I mean that could be taken as a literal meaning, but there is (as is with all tool songs) a much deeper meaning.

Listen to the Salival version of Third Eye and there is no mention of drug use...AT ALL...the sayings in the beginning convey a COMPLETELY different point.

So, yea...

revolver_7
03-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Listen to the Salival version of Third Eye and there is no mention of drug use...AT ALL...the sayings in the beginning convey a COMPLETELY different point.

But it does have a timothy leary extrude (think for yourself question authority) Timothy learywho was a psychologist believed in the use of lsd, or ectsasy (im not sure what) to explore the depths of the human mind.

hope that helps a bit

REvolver.......