PDA

View Full Version : YET ANOTHER RUMOR...

moneyisevil
02-04-2006, 01:15 PM
sorry to continue to clutter this thread with rumos (although this is my first thread on a rumor) so here goes

I was instant messaged today by some guy claiming to know something about the album, and asked me if i would post it for him. So in his own words here is what he said:

"i have an internship in a large law firm in indianapolis that deals with a lot of big time business corporations, specifically record labels, one of the things they do is represent various artists coallitions and things, anyway certain people in this firm are given certain information regarding relsease dates and so forth and i happen to be working with one of those guys, there weren't really a whole lot of specifics other than 5/9 to 5/30 as the tentative release dates"

so i told him thats not really anything special. THEN HE ADDED:

"however the cd was refered to as "A.R." A.R. has 14+ tracks for a total of 67 minutes of music"

Emperor
02-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Instant messaged by some guy eh? I guess random people from the music industry just like IMing random kids over the internet?

Nice try, next.

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
02-04-2006, 01:21 PM
I sent you that IM just to fuck with you.

Nebel
02-04-2006, 01:43 PM
67 mins? Too low for a Tool album.

zenkinet
02-04-2006, 01:47 PM
I think its too early to get much info on the new album, give it until late Feb, then we will be hearing some trustworthy content, from a many sources.

TurdEye13
02-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Instant messaged by some guy eh? I guess random people from the music industry just like IMing random kids over the internet?

Nice try, next.

I totally agree with you. The thing that gets me laughing about these "RUMORS" is that they always have an unknown source. It's always...................

"some guy"
"some radio DJ"
"some uncle I think I have"
"some kid at school"
"some guy I once knew"
"some record executive"

Foamy
02-04-2006, 02:20 PM
67 minutes? I doubt it.

clarity.
02-04-2006, 02:24 PM
The Professor has spoken. Case closed.

steve99_9
02-04-2006, 02:29 PM
14+ tracks and under 75 minutes?? i highly doubt it

MasterOfKtulu109
02-04-2006, 02:49 PM
We already know it will be out in May.

And 67 mins for 14 tracks? This is tool. That's not even 5 mins a song. We already know there is a 17 min song and another in the 10 min range...that leaves 40 mins for the other 12 tracks. Even Nickelback couldn't pull that off.

This thread provided nothing useful at all.

Nebel
02-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Who wants to bet it's HJK? (Who sent in the rumour.)

Fulcanelli
02-04-2006, 04:28 PM
We already know it will be out in May.

And 67 mins for 14 tracks? This is tool. That's not even 5 mins a song. We already know there is a 17 min song and another in the 10 min range...that leaves 40 mins for the other 12 tracks. Even Nickelback couldn't pull that off.

This thread provided nothing useful at all.

I'm not trying to defend anyone BUT 14 tracks at at total of 67 minutes is entirely conceivable even if one song is 18 minutes. Not all of the tracks are going to be "entire songs" but will be seques and short introductions. IMO, the run time is possible... but I'm not saying that I believe the rumour. The poster simply stated a rumour so there is no need to treat him like HJK ;)

zenkinet
02-04-2006, 04:36 PM
if one goes by the "Lateralus" model, in how and when album info was released shouldn't we find out the title and a tracklisting very soon? Like in the next 2 weeks or so?

moneyisevil
02-04-2006, 04:40 PM
ummmmm well anyways i just did this as a favor, being kind, didnt believe anything from this shit but since people post the most ridiculous shit/rumors everyday (HMV, etc. )in the FARM i thought i might as well pass it on

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-04-2006, 04:52 PM
67 minutes? I doubt it.

Thats mysteriously how long HJK said the album would be if you count up the times he provided.

pris0n
02-04-2006, 05:30 PM
I wish HJK would post another thread. I heard he's the only reason blair gives us updates.

mike09
02-04-2006, 06:10 PM
sorry to continue to clutter this thread with rumos (although this is my first thread on a rumor) so here goes

I was instant messaged today by some guy claiming to know something about the album, and asked me if i would post it for him. So in his own words here is what he said:

"i have an internship in a large law firm in indianapolis that deals with a lot of big time business corporations, specifically record labels, one of the things they do is represent various artists coallitions and things, anyway certain people in this firm are given certain information regarding relsease dates and so forth and i happen to be working with one of those guys, there weren't really a whole lot of specifics other than 5/9 to 5/30 as the tentative release dates"

so i told him thats not really anything special. THEN HE ADDED:

"however the cd was refered to as "A.R." A.R. has 14+ tracks for a total of 67 minutes of music"

What was his sn?

waffel
02-04-2006, 06:13 PM
What would be cool is, a whole topic with rumors and "i heard that"d on it.

Then, someone would check everyone one after the release to see who was actually telling a truth.

zenkinet
02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
What would be cool is, a whole topic with rumors and "i heard that"d on it.

Then, someone would check everyone one after the release to see who was actually telling a truth.

i think at the moment nobody knows anything about the truth.

mike09
02-04-2006, 06:20 PM

Even the burgers are secret!

InertUniformity
02-04-2006, 06:32 PM
the truth is out there

<edit>

Actually...this might not be so...

waffel
02-04-2006, 06:33 PM

hense the "then after the album is released" part

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Even the burgers are secret!

So wait there are Bonus Burgers coming with this CD that are secret too?

mike09
02-04-2006, 07:01 PM
So wait there are Bonus Burgers coming with this CD that are secret too?

Sometimes, it will form a quotient like that.

Wretched
02-04-2006, 10:38 PM
IN RELATED NEWS:

The song "YET ANOTHER MOVIE" by PINK FLOYD is a pretty good song, goes well with the title of this thread.

Almost.

Bogart
02-04-2006, 10:46 PM
I would laugh if the album was like 50 minutes

TenSpeed
02-04-2006, 11:07 PM
I'd laugh if you bought the album and it was just a piece of American cheese shaped like a CD.

Nebel
02-05-2006, 03:53 AM
Maybe he meant 67 minutes without segues? And it's roughly 11 minutes with segues? I mean he did say music right, usually segues doesn't usually classify under "music"?

Naga Royal Guard
02-05-2006, 06:43 AM
i hope this forum gets banned for posting bullshit

lachrymoIogy
02-05-2006, 06:48 AM
i hope this forum gets banned for posting bullshit

I hope we get juice and snacks. Been here long enough.

mike09
02-05-2006, 01:36 PM
IN RELATED NEWS:

The song "YET ANOTHER MOVIE" by PINK FLOYD is a pretty good song, goes well with the title of this thread.

Almost.

I think my favorite post-Waters era Floyd song is "High Hopes." It's just beautiful.

/V\agina
02-05-2006, 01:38 PM
My dads friend Leonard Paulsen, he goes by Leopard, went to visit family in Cali a while back, and they ate at the In and Out burger. He told me that he overheard people in the back mentioning the members of Tool picking up some burgers on drive-thru, and how they heard Adam playing an acoustic guitar in the back of the car as they drove up. Leopard talked to one of the employees and he explained to him that it was like nothing he had ever heard before, not from tool or anyone.

Just a little info to pass along.

Leopard also told me that he heard from a "reliable" source that the album would be called Desocratae, have 13 or 14 tracks, and the release date wasn't set yet.

mike09
02-05-2006, 01:42 PM
My dads friend Leonard Paulsen, he goes by Leopard, went to visit family in Cali a while back, and they ate at the In and Out burger. He told me that he overheard people in the back mentioning the members of Tool picking up some burgers on drive-thru, and how they heard Adam playing an acoustic guitar in the back of the car as they drove up. Leopard talked to one of the employees and he explained to him that it was like nothing he had ever heard before, not from tool or anyone.

Just a little info to pass along.

Leopard also told me that he heard from a "reliable" source that the album would be called Desocratae, have 13 or 14 tracks, and the release date wasn't set yet.

banned

/V\agina
02-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I made all that up. Big deal, the guy who started this thread didn't even give names or relationships, at least I tried.

I'm just tired of all the rumours. I don't even care anymore. By the time the album comes out I'll have heard so many rumours that I wont be able to concentrate on the music, I'll just be thinking, Hey, that guy was right, or hey, couldn't be further from the truth.

I think the Upcoming and Unreleased "rumour mill" should be closed, and replaced by a more moderated forum that actually discusses facts that BMB or anyone else has given us.

mike09
02-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I made all that up. Big deal, the guy who started this thread didn't even give names or relationships, at least I tried.

I'm just tired of all the rumours. I don't even care anymore. By the time the album comes out I'll have heard so many rumours that I wont be able to concentrate on the music, I'll just be thinking, Hey, that guy was right, or hey, couldn't be further from the truth.

I think the Upcoming and Unreleased "rumour mill" should be closed, and replaced by a more moderated forum that actually discusses facts that BMB or anyone else has given us.

I know, I was being sarcastic actually. I thought Desocratae was a pretty funny name actually. haha

Ryan
02-05-2006, 06:46 PM
*nevermind*

Nebel
02-06-2006, 02:41 AM
has that been posted yet? if it has i don't care.

Why that's from our lovely HJK

Ryan
02-06-2006, 05:14 AM
Why that's from our lovely HJK

how embarrassing.

Chamber
02-06-2006, 11:45 AM
A.R. = Aenima rEMIXEd

Goldfoot
02-06-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm calling the new album Ænderalpiate until I hear official word otherwise.

That's my rumored title I'll contribute.

ATARI
02-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Firefly

Nebel
02-06-2006, 01:48 PM
We need a list with all the fake names.

Goldfoot
02-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Firefly

And it will be about the show. That would make me a happy person.

ATARI
02-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Hot Damn. Firefly on the bigscreen

Goldfoot
02-06-2006, 01:51 PM
We need a list with all the fake names.
Here's the ones I remember.

Teleincision
Elephtheria
Bliboran
Refractionoid
Tiphareth