PDA

View Full Version : Album in May....

pris0n
02-03-2006, 02:02 PM
03 Feb 06
RELEASE DATES NOT OFFICIAL

Although there are lots of release dates being bandied about, NONE are official as of this posting. However, in all likelihood, the CD will be released sometime in MAY, and hopefully earlier in that month as opposed to later. As soon as the date becomes official (or, as soon as I'm told that it's official) I will post it on the site, and then some of you can respond that it's old news.

BMB

Finally, a real hint as to the release date. I'm sure in the coming weeks we'll see the real release date. And the 4/25 might just be when the single is released. Can't wait for coachella and to hear some new material before the album is released. :)

HJK
02-03-2006, 02:05 PM
atleast i got us some news............
that was my intention!!!!!
haha

pris0n
02-03-2006, 02:07 PM
haha

No, you pulled that date out of your ass. Your imaginary "record exec" friend was wrong. If the band themselves don't even know an exact release date how would he? Why aren't you banned yet?

HJK
02-03-2006, 02:10 PM
No, you pulled that date out of your ass. Your imaginary "record exec" friend was wrong. If the band themselves don't even know an exact release date how would he? Why aren't you banned yet?

read my thread from yeterday dick.......
RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED
Blair posted the info in response to my thread yesterday!
i got us some concrete news and that was my intention.

Exakt
02-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Five years have past since I picked up Lateralus, I was only 16 and absolutely deafened the house with all the lights off. I have checked TOOLBAND exclusively almost every day for those past five years, just reading and waiting patiently. And BMB just got a little closer today to what I wanted to hear. Waiting again so I could buy the next one, goto the shows and complete the process all over again. I expect again a disc that will change my life, inspire me and be a soundtrack to my life for the next five years. Just has Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Salival and Lateralus.

ATARI
02-03-2006, 02:26 PM
May 2007

Nebel
02-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Meh.

Hodge
02-03-2006, 02:29 PM
i dont know if i can see tool unveilling new songs at a festival

HJK
02-03-2006, 02:30 PM
may sucks

hanger25934
02-03-2006, 02:44 PM
you suck

Fulcanelli
02-03-2006, 02:48 PM
may sucks

April would be better, I agree.

OK, so was your listing of album title and track names (and times) also a ploy to get the real information from Toolband? :)

TurdEye13
02-03-2006, 02:48 PM
May.........Well, at least we have a statement by Blair saying that he will post it on the site when it's official. Good news and bad at the same time.

HJK
02-03-2006, 02:50 PM
April would be better, I agree.

OK, so was your listing of album title and track names (and times) also a ploy to get the real information from Toolband? :)

no......;)

paraology
02-03-2006, 02:51 PM
May.........Well, at least we have a statement by Blair saying that he will post it on the site when it's official. Good news and bad at the same time.
Fuck, this is good in one way and bad in another. We pretty much know for sure the albums gonna be out in May, but it blows that we have to wait an extra month than previously expected. And by the way, HJK you are a sack of douches.

HJK
02-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Fuck, this is good in one way and bad in another. We pretty much know for sure the albums gonna be out in May, but it blows that we have to wait an extra month than expected. And by the way, HJK you are a sack of douches.

why am i a sack?
be intelligent....
he would not have posted today if it wasnt for me.....

zenkinet
02-03-2006, 02:53 PM
may sucks
no one likes you

HJK
02-03-2006, 02:55 PM
no one likes you

fuck u dude......
i got answers my way......
pain before pleasure!

KJM
02-03-2006, 02:57 PM
he should be banned just for copying my gig.

mike09
02-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Fuck, this is good in one way and bad in another. We pretty much know for sure the albums gonna be out in May, but it blows that we have to wait an extra month than previously expected. And by the way, HJK you are a sack of douches.

Exactly.

l David l
02-03-2006, 03:09 PM
why is a 27 year old posting on internet forums anyway? i can see why a tool fan of any age would post, but not in the childlike manner that hjk is. he is either not 27, or really fucking immature.

triad636
02-03-2006, 03:12 PM
why am i a sack?
be intelligent....

Get it through your head dipshit. it wasn't just you, maybe not even you at all, as said earlier in the post a lot of people e-mail blair when dates are floating around on the internet.

be intelligent.

you suck.

mike09
02-03-2006, 03:14 PM
why is a 27 year old posting on internet forums anyway? i can see why a tool fan of any age would post, but not in the childlike manner that hjk is. he is either not 27, or really fucking immature.

Or both.

Fulcanelli
02-03-2006, 03:14 PM

I think that the internet is for everyone. Didn't someone post Al Gore's quote about his internet? :) He's older than 27. Anyway, I do understand your point about the childishness of the posts.

The sad fact is that one day you wake up and you're a lot older than you want to be but you still like what you like. It's weird.

TurdEye13
02-03-2006, 03:18 PM
=)

Hannibal
02-03-2006, 03:20 PM
okay! I just found out that Tool dropped Maynard for the vocals and put in a recording of Charleton Heston. Blair read this and give us a news update!

Bogart
02-03-2006, 03:20 PM
why am i a sack?
be intelligent....
dude... your retarded

Foamy
02-03-2006, 03:33 PM
haha
You're a prick. Seriously. Can someone ban this guy?

fraz
02-03-2006, 03:35 PM
You're a prick. Seriously. Can someone ban this guy?

Doing so would set a good example and perhaps stop people from posting shit like this

HJK
02-03-2006, 03:54 PM
wether u like it or not.........
my thread yesterday gave us concret news today....
so u can all go fuck youreslves if you think otherwise....
you are being ignorant....
and since when is 27 old dip shit.....
when im 80 youll be 72

orange.juice
02-03-2006, 03:56 PM
when im 80 youll be 72
whoa....!

macfreak
02-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Five years have past since I picked up Lateralus, I was only 16 and absolutely deafened the house with all the lights off. I have checked TOOLBAND exclusively almost every day for those past five years, just reading and waiting patiently. And BMB just got a little closer today to what I wanted to hear. Waiting again so I could buy the next one, goto the shows and complete the process all over again. I expect again a disc that will change my life, inspire me and be a soundtrack to my life for the next five years. Just has Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Salival and Lateralus.

God, hope TOOL releases another album after this one lol

Foamy
02-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Doing so would set a good example and perhaps stop people from posting shit like this
Come off it, the guy cant even type. I don't even think he has fingers. Does he slam the keyboard with his face?

HJK
02-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Come off it, the guy cant even type. I don't even think he has fingers. Does he slam the keyboard with his face?

dude have your teeth rotted out yet?
isnt that inevitable for english folk?

pris0n
02-03-2006, 04:16 PM
dude have your teeth rotted out yet?
isnt that inevitable for english folk?

Get the fuck out of my thread okay?

Let's get back to talking about tool.

pryingopenmy3rdeye
02-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Get the fuck out of my thread okay?

Let's get back to talking about tool.

Okay jsut one more thing, HJK threads about yourself in the bin. go and jave a look see.

moneyisevil
02-03-2006, 04:40 PM
umm..i figured it would come out may/june instead of april...which makes me glad cuz i was right...but im also pissed cuz i was right

lets all hope it comes out in april

it just doesnt make sense that TOOL is gonna play new material before an album is released, i mean they did it was Lateralus butonly 2 days before it was released not weeks...hopefully we get some news soon as to exactly when its gonna be released

Bogart
02-03-2006, 04:45 PM
when im 80 youll be 72

You're a dick. Do you really think Blair spends his time looking at fan forums? I'm sure he has better stuff to do. If you really think that Blair made his post today because of your thread last night, you are a moron.

champion
02-03-2006, 04:48 PM
umm..i figured it would come out may/june instead of april...which makes me glad cuz i was right...but im also pissed cuz i was right

lets all hope it comes out in april

it just doesnt make sense that TOOL is gonna play new material before an album is released, i mean they did it was Lateralus butonly 2 days before it was released not weeks...hopefully we get some news soon as to exactly when its gonna be released

why doesn't it "make sense?"

maybe they want to play a couple of shows to warm up with their new songs before hitting worldwide tours.

pris0n
02-03-2006, 04:50 PM

Yeah, it doesn't and it does. Do you think after 4 years of nothing they would play their first concert with all the old songs and nothing new? Or I am guessing they will have a single out by then, maybe they will just play that from the new album.

If you think about it I really don't think they're going to go out and just play all the same stuff they did from the previous tours. Or who knows, either way as I think about it more, I might just rather them save the new stuff for when after the album actually comes out. That way I can hear them in a more appropriate setting.

moneyisevil
02-03-2006, 04:54 PM
umm it doesnt make sense cuz its out of the ordinary for them i guess...i suppose there is a first time for everything, but wouldnt you think playing new songs before the album comes out is a good way for leaks to start?

i mean take for example 13th step, tons of live leaks were made available cuz they were touring before the album came out. I just doubt Tool would put themselves in that sort of situation. I mean nothing would be cooler than to see new TOOL music/material before they themselves release the cd, however i just dont think they would do it due to the fact of live leaks being made available.

waffel
02-03-2006, 05:00 PM
who cares about the live leaks? Those live leaks lose their purpose once the album comes out, and its not like its stopping people from buying the album. Unless people hear it, dont enjoy it, and dont buy it. In which case that only makes sense.

pris0n
02-03-2006, 05:06 PM
umm it doesnt make sense cuz its out of the ordinary for them i guess...i suppose there is a first time for everything, but wouldnt you think playing new songs before the album comes out is a good way for leaks to start?

i mean take for example 13th step, tons of live leaks were made available cuz they were touring before the album came out. I just doubt Tool would put themselves in that sort of situation. I mean nothing would be cooler than to see new TOOL music/material before they themselves release the cd, however i just dont think they would do it due to the fact of live leaks being made available.

I see what you are saying but according to what blair said, the album would hopefully come out only about a week or so before the show. So the live leaks wouldn't be out for that long before the album. If the show was a month or two before the release then I could see the problem with that.

Who knows though, I guess we can only speculate about it until the shows actually start happening.

moneyisevil
02-03-2006, 05:41 PM
my point is TOOL has gone to great lengths to make their new CD absolutley 100% secretive..i doubt there are going to let live leaks defeat their purpose..therefore the album must be coming out in april

ATARI
02-03-2006, 05:52 PM
I dunno, but listeing to live and then to studio sometimes ruins a song, because you're expecting a part that the band only added live in the moment of the energy, and it isn't there on the album.

Nebel
02-03-2006, 05:53 PM
All I know is that it's a big mistake to play Coachella before the release of the album.

Unifaun
02-03-2006, 05:59 PM
big mistake? doing live shows before releasing albums has been done for all of the history of rock music. sometimes to "try out" new songs (not applicable in TOOL's case) but mostly just because hearing new music for the first time can be very exciting for an audience/individual audience member.

orange.juice
02-03-2006, 06:03 PM
random Coachella 2006 gig review, excerpt:

"... yeah, Tool also were there, incredible how they played their five year old material in front of their five year old stage setup... awesome how their old songs just stay the same after that long time! Their hair didnīt grow longer, either! ..."

re:"whoa, Tool is teh kings of rock! Hail! Hail!"

flipmojo
02-03-2006, 07:04 PM
This site has the new album coming out May 2nd. Blair said early May. The 2nd would be REAL early May.

www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml

hanger25934
02-03-2006, 07:08 PM
cool

Bogart
02-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I doubt they will play any of their new stuff during this mini tour

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-03-2006, 07:28 PM
This site has the new album coming out May 2nd. Blair said early May. The 2nd would be REAL early May.

Well there aren't many choices for early May Either the 2nd or the 9th cause at the 16th May is already half over.

steve99_9
02-03-2006, 07:42 PM
I doubt they will play any of their new stuff during this mini tour
why wouldn't they?
alot of bands do it, Trent Reznor is extremly secretive about his material, but he played some With Teeth songs before that cd came

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-03-2006, 08:03 PM

I emailed them and asked them where they got their release date from.

ARMZ
02-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Album in May, 5 years to the day, ha.

a788
02-03-2006, 08:17 PM
when im 80 youll be 72

thank you so much. you have made my night. i am so happy that YOU'RE the reason Blair posted,

we are all really lucky that you are here.

thanks agian.

btw good math, bud

Ryan
02-03-2006, 08:33 PM
damn, talk about precision timing.

2000 > december > salival > stickers for new record > 2001 > new record may.

2005 > december > dvd singles > stickers for new record > 2006 > new record may.

2001 > 2005 > lateralus lp

2006 > 2010 > new album lp

perfect.

Bogart
02-03-2006, 09:08 PM
^ I wonder where the dvd will fit into the equation?

Ryan
02-03-2006, 09:10 PM
i bet it will be released with the album, along with the alex grey book. remember how danny talked about releasing all three as one package at one stage?

gerbil
02-03-2006, 09:13 PM
2029 Reunion.

l David l
02-03-2006, 10:38 PM
when im 80 youll be 72

your choice of words and the immaturity of your posts make you seem like a cocky teenage SOB. you'd think a 27 year old adult would have developed a sense of maturity by then. i wasn't saying 27 is old. and if you havn't noticed, you are on average 10 years older than most of us, and you're trying to argue with us. thats like me arguing with a 5th grader about which power ranger is the coolest.

HJK
02-03-2006, 11:11 PM
your choice of words and the immaturity of your posts make you seem like a cocky teenage SOB. you'd think a 27 year old adult would have developed a sense of maturity by then. i wasn't saying 27 is old. and if you havn't noticed, you are on average 10 years older than most of us, and you're trying to argue with us. thats like me arguing with a 5th grader about which power ranger is the coolest.

atleast i'm not black

Hodge
02-03-2006, 11:13 PM
ban^

HJK
02-03-2006, 11:15 PM
ban^

r u black?

ARMZ
02-03-2006, 11:18 PM
i bet it will be released with the album, along with the alex grey book. remember how danny talked about releasing all three as one package at one stage?
http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=746441&postcount=31

docder
02-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Man...are we excited for some new Tool or what?! I'm losin' my mother lovin' vulcan mind!

Kelly
02-03-2006, 11:54 PM
four fucking month that kills me

docder
02-03-2006, 11:57 PM
four fucking month that kills me

Maybe...HJK could pull some strings and have the album released on Tuesday!

Fulcanelli
02-04-2006, 02:51 AM
Tool will most definitely play their new songs for any show that they will perform at between now and the release. Every band does it. The plan was probably to release then tour but the tour dates cannot be pushed back like the album release so they have to live with it. Depriving the fans would not be right, IMO.

Goldfoot
02-04-2006, 03:19 AM
Tool will most definitely play their new songs for any show that they will perform at between now and the release. Every band does it. The plan was probably to release then tour but the tour dates cannot be pushed back like the album release so they have to live with it. Depriving the fans would not be right, IMO.

I don't see why they don't just release it BEFORE the festival then. I mean, the album is done, all they have to do is print it then ship it. They don't NEED to do the promo shit BEFORE the album htis shelves unless they are worried about immediate sales. If the album is on shelves, and then people find out about it, OMG, does that mean they won't go buy it because they don't have to wait? No. It means they will be glad they don't have to wait. That isn't a bad thing.

millermt
02-04-2006, 05:21 AM
I don't see why they don't just release it BEFORE the festival then. I mean, the album is done, all they have to do is print it then ship it. They don't NEED to do the promo shit BEFORE the album htis shelves unless they are worried about immediate sales. If the album is on shelves, and then people find out about it, OMG, does that mean they won't go buy it because they don't have to wait? No. It means they will be glad they don't have to wait. That isn't a bad thing.

Maybe they don't have any choice on how long it has to be promoted before release. Maybe that is one thing that the record company dictates to them.

Nebel
02-04-2006, 05:25 AM
A May 2nd release date sounds very plausible to me, I mean play Coachella on the Sunday and release the album on the following Tuesday. Only one day really.

jwb
02-04-2006, 07:20 AM
A May 2nd release date sounds very plausible to me, I mean play Coachella on the Sunday and release the album on the following Tuesday. Only one day really.

I agree. They COULD play some new material and there would only be one day for leaks to spread...plus I'm going, so I'm hoping for something new.

TurdEye13
02-04-2006, 08:59 AM
This would be hilarious..........

They show up to Coachella
They only play the single off the album which will already be in circulation. End their set, and say "Go buy our new record."

I mean why would they tour around the release of a new album and play old material. This satisfies the new material but only a taste of what's to come.

a788
02-04-2006, 09:15 AM
it may hhave something to do with attendance at Coachella.. you know TOOL fans are dying to hear the new stuff, so most likely, more people would come... i dont know how Coachella is and if they are always packed, its just a thought

pryingopenmy3rdeye
02-04-2006, 10:26 AM
atleast i'm not black

seriously why is this guy still here?
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=35734

Ktuluvic
02-04-2006, 10:30 AM
atleast i'm not black

I think this counts as a racial slur...ban this fuck

Christoff
02-04-2006, 10:51 AM
It seems logical to me to premiere a few new songs at festivals beforehand. If they didn't there would certainly be some riot... If TOOL are neurotic and arrogant to the point that they won't play new songs for the fear of live bootlegs surfacing for impatient fans to download I will quite happily forget to buy the new record...

Come on, the guys are not arse-holes, they just wish their fans would grow up a bit.

And May suits me just fine. I will have finished my school placement, so I will have plenty of time to listen and digest.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-04-2006, 11:32 AM
The guy from metacritic.com responded to my email about where they got the CD date from and he said that "I believe that was from Entertainment Weekly, but I am not 100% certain." Take it for what you will.

Lackymacky
02-04-2006, 12:23 PM
i want them to release it 6/6/06....it is a tuesday and its a once in a lifetime opportunity.

and whats one more month?

moneyisevil
02-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I can assure you if Tool plays Coachella before the album is released THEY WILL NOT ONLY PLAY OLD SONGS THEY WILL PLAY NEWER ONES..which leaves me to believe the album must come out in april

someone pointed out the fact that TOOL played songs off Aenima before Aenima came out, and i do have a dvd to confirm this, however they played Eulogy, Stinkfist, H, Pushit and possibly another before even going into the Studio to record. Therefore, i just highly doubt Tool is gonna play new material before the album is released UNLESS they release the album 1-2 days after they start touring.

champion
02-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Didn't Blair just post an update saying the album should be released sometime in May?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Didn't Blair just post an update saying the album should be released sometime in May?

Hence the name of this thread.

Nemesis
02-04-2006, 10:55 PM
As soon as the date becomes official (or, as soon as I'm told that it's official) I will post it on the site, and then some of you can respond that it's old news.

BMB

This obviously means that some people already have worked out the release date from Blairs clues?

TenSpeed
02-04-2006, 11:08 PM
HJK was banned.
[party]

millermt
02-04-2006, 11:12 PM
HJK was banned.
[party]

Now how are we ever going to get Blair to post updates?

gerbil
02-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Tickle him in the special way that he likes to be tickled?

Ryan
02-04-2006, 11:38 PM
let's compare shit back from 2001 to today:

http://toolshed.down.net/news/oldnews/old0101.html

February 3, 2001, we knew this much already -

[02/03/01] - Well, the word is out today on the actual track names for the new album, which does in fact appear to be named "Lateralus." All told, there are 13 songs: "The Grudge, Eon Blue Apocalypse, The Patient, Mantra, Schism, Parabol, Parabola, Ticks & Leeches, Lateralus, Disposition, Resolution, Triad, Faaip De Oiad." At last. - A review of five of the new songs appears in the current issue of Kerrang magazine, and is available in the Articles section of this site.

i suspect we'll have the same info in like, a week. two at most.

Nemesis
02-05-2006, 12:02 AM
i suspect we'll have the same info in like, a week. two at most.

I think you're right, once they start doing the promos, song titles will be known.

Ryan
02-05-2006, 12:03 AM
whether or not it's authentic is another story.

lachrymoIogy
02-05-2006, 09:10 AM
The single will come out before they play Coachella, like the 25th, and the album will be on May 2. Go back to bed.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
02-05-2006, 12:04 PM
whether or not it's authentic is another story.

I've come to the point where I don't even care if the title and whatnot is authentic I just want something to call the damn thing.

TurdEye13
02-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Now that HJK has been banned. Here is the "Hall Of Shame" list so far imo.

1.Killershears
2.Schism81
3.HJK

Oh, back to the thread.............yeah I think we'll have a title and some track names by the end of this month. This is almost certain at this point. We will definitely have "something" by March 1st.

lachrymoIogy
02-05-2006, 12:06 PM
"Maynards Chode" 5-02-06. let's just call it that till we know for sure.

Underalus
02-05-2006, 07:24 PM
I guarantee that a single comes out by the third week of february, whether officially released or not. Think of this friends, Jones is staying back to shoot the video for the single, meaning it's already chosen. They're going around the goddamn world to promo this thing, it's not like they're just going to go to every music media outlet and just say "the album is titled X and here's the tracklist, it's heavy etc etc". They will have material to show, which would only make sense to be the single.

LP|Stang
02-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Quit guessing.

paraology
02-05-2006, 10:06 PM
I guarantee that a single comes out by the third week of february, whether officially released or not. Think of this friends, Jones is staying back to shoot the video for the single, meaning it's already chosen. They're going around the goddamn world to promo this thing, it's not like they're just going to go to every music media outlet and just say "the album is titled X and here's the tracklist, it's heavy etc etc". They will have material to show, which would only make sense to be the single.
if the albums not coming out till may theirs noway a single will be released in february.

Goldfoot
02-05-2006, 10:36 PM
if the albums not coming out till may theirs noway a single will be released in february.

He definitely gave the posibility of a leak.

Anyway, they won't present just the single. They will have the album for people to review, which raises a question. Are you gonna read the reviews? I never read one for Lateralus until tonight, and they were definitely written by the wrong people. I read two good ones so far, which leads me to decide not to read any reviews.

Fulcanelli
02-06-2006, 01:55 AM
He definitely gave the posibility of a leak.

Anyway, they won't present just the single. They will have the album for people to review, which raises a question. Are you gonna read the reviews? I never read one for Lateralus until tonight, and they were definitely written by the wrong people. I read two good ones so far, which leads me to decide not to read any reviews.

Album reviews are usually written by people that don't like the genre of music that they are reviewing. Some reviews that I have read were just plain inacurate. Also, Tool will probably present a small sampling of their album and not the entire thing.

Goldfoot
02-06-2006, 03:30 AM
Album reviews are usually written by people that don't like the genre of music that they are reviewing. Some reviews that I have read were just plain inacurate. Also, Tool will probably present a small sampling of their album and not the entire thing.

At first yeah, like with Lateralus. In like March we should see the full reviews though.