PDA

View Full Version : 4 degrees

YamiDemon
11-21-2002, 05:25 PM
I really think this song is about being the voice of reason to yourself accually, but the honesty does come into play here. The Honesty interpretation is really the idea I followed until I came up with my own idea about it.

bellycrawler
12-02-2002, 08:54 PM
The band makes fun of us, i think, although there is probably a bit of appreciation as well. Let's be honest, if you can create a song about begging someone for an anal adventure and get kids to talk about its meaning different things besides that, you have made it. The song may mean more than this, but I think the Achem's Razor appraoch fits nicely here. Anal sex is funny, in a weird way. Every guy wants to do it with his girlfriend whether they admit or not, and i will admit that my TOOL listening has had a not so small influence on that desire. Why not sing about anal sex, that's all life is, someone trying to fuck you in the ass, it just a matter of you letting them or not. VULNERABILITY is a key word here.

Hyatir
12-03-2002, 02:55 PM
most guys you know want to have anal sex with their girlfriend, but how many guys do you know are close enough to a guy friend for that? Not strictly homosexual, but simply close and open enough for that? Not many, id wager. maybe we need more of that...