PDA

View Full Version : Domination

Unbeliever
03-01-2003, 12:12 AM
This song is certainly one of my favorites. I've never delved too deeply into its overt meaning - anal rape, forced sex and all that jazz - but more along the line of somebody or something forcing you into action or belief.

I think the song is poignant because it covers so long a time period - beginning with "so young and vestal" to "come full circle".

When you're young, lots of ideas and concepts make sense. God is benevolent, he hears your prayers, virtue is rewarded.

Of course, you grow older and find this to be unabated fiction. Most then become disillusioned and bitter, and despite (or maybe to vindicate) their feelings, pass these inanities onto loved ones - usually children.

That's a crime, if ever there was one.

Not a lot of hope in this song, or any on Undertow, I think. Opiate was straight angry. You see some more positivity in Aenima, and a great deal in Lateralus. Hell, they've gone from "I should play God and shoot you myself" to "Watch the weather change". That's why I really respect Maynard as a songwriter - he isn't afraid to grow up, and publicly, at that. Try to find that maturity in a band like Limp Bizkit.

Anyhow, "I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this" is still among my favorite song lyrics. Just remember - it's only temporary. YOU have to find some true answers after it wears off.