PDA

View Full Version : Disgustipated - killer in us all

jmstoryteller
02-28-2003, 07:59 PM
Basically... I interperet the last 2 minutes of Disgustipated as a glimpse into the mind of a serial killer:

Blood on his hands "Sticky Goo"

Multiple personalities/ disassociative disorder - Thus the third person narration

He can't help himself "you are already getting nervous (anxious) again"

Justify his actions "...Satan is our cousin"

A couple is walking by a distant wood, making them look small. He is now triggered to kill again "Red is your color again, and those people are yours, too"

To really push for meaning... Man can not help himself. We do bad things and follow idiotic dogma even at the cost of our humanity. We lie and say that it's not our fault and then eventually we don't even make excuses.

mourningstar
02-28-2003, 09:43 PM
i was thinking the same sort of thing, except that the guy was on trial and the narrator had been brought to testify against him.

flipmojo
03-01-2003, 04:45 AM
That makes it even more freaky. Good interpretation.

jmstoryteller
03-01-2003, 06:03 PM
interesting. I like that as a thought also, though the story is told in present tense.

I love how TOOL music can mean so much in different ways for different people.

pops333
08-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Its about abortion :o

Thrakandor
08-19-2004, 04:17 PM
interesting. I like that as a thought also, though the story is told in present tense.

I love how TOOL music can mean so much in different ways for different people.
Hm. This is just a tad belated, but nonetheless:

It's not all in the present tense.

"And of course, the little people out there
Were yours too."

I think mourningstar's is a pretty plausible explanation. If not on trial, perhaps as a recap by a psychiatrist to his patient. Interesting.

pops333
08-27-2004, 10:52 AM
maybe maynard is talking about the time he killed a whole bunch of people.

something about maynard screams "killer" to me.