PDA

View Full Version : requesting a self imposed gag order

doug galecawitz
02-28-2003, 11:29 AM
I know the reason for the 120 min. limit on editing posts is so that people don't go back weeks, months late and change them, but what about deleting them. I ask because I have nine posts since joinig and three of them are just extraneous and only hold relevancy for a very short period of time (if they ever did). I would like the power to remove these since I now am trying to take greater care in the quality of my postings (is that even a word?) While this may sound somewhat Orwellian in that I'm changing or erasing what I've said in the past, I think it would be slightly useful in helping clear up the boards. I don't know if the technology is there to feasibly and easily do this, as I have almost zero working knowledge of computer function, but I would appreciate the ability to remove any short three sentence "I think this....blah blah blah" type posts of my own. Even this post here will become completely irrelevant once you have read and decided on it. I had to think for a while before posting it. Should I try to get my idiotic posts removed at the risk of posting another banal idiotic request? If there's anyway I can remove my lesser posts I would be greatly appreciative. Please pardon any spelling or grammar mistakes contain there within.

dan
02-28-2003, 04:53 PM
meh, posts eventually just fade away; not much point in deleting them.

GregoryWohlwend
01-19-2004, 11:11 PM
i'd like that option as well, we should have the power to post as well as retract, basically because it is my name as a username, but maybe i should be punished for using my name

thevirusunknown
01-26-2006, 08:33 PM
I think that on each post you create, there should be an option to request a delete by a mod. Kinda like reporting the post... well I guess you could just report your own post... ahhh forget it.

dark_Speedo
01-27-2006, 06:59 PM
This forum needs to be modernized.