Goldfoot
01-05-2006, 07:22 PM
The last part of Reflection on the official Tool page is as follows:

So crucify the ego before it's far too late
To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
(*)
Just let the light touch you and let the words spill thorough
Just let them pass right through, bringing out our hope and reason.

before I pine away.
before I pine away.
before I pine away.
before I pine away.

(*) waiting for confirmation

Now, this is nothing new, but notice the part that has the *. It would seem that this is the only part of the entire album where the lyrics were unclear. I've never had a problem hearing with is said there. On a random thought the other day, I went to the source of the page and found, in a comment right where it should be in the song, "Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable."

Like I said, this is what I have always heard, but it is puzzling that this part was left "hidden." We all know how Blair likes to do things like this, so I figure this is the most important part, at least he might think so, in the entire lyrics of the album.

I've had a couple ideas as to why this is "waiting for confirmation" but nothing really solid. Any ideas?

triad636
01-05-2006, 07:32 PM
The last part of Reflection on the official Tool page is as follows:

Now, this is nothing new, but notice the part that has the *. It would seem that this is the only part of the entire album where the lyrics were unclear. I've never had a problem hearing with is said there. On a random thought the other day, I went to the source of the page and found, in a comment right where it should be in the song, "Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable."

Like I said, this is what I have always heard, but it is puzzling that this part was left "hidden." We all know how Blair likes to do things like this, so I figure this is the most important part, at least he might think so, in the entire lyrics of the album.

I've had a couple ideas as to why this is "waiting for confirmation" but nothing really solid. Any ideas?

ill start with what I had on aim..

Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable * waiting confirmation..

we havent gotten to the point (evolution wise) where it is possible for us a human race to realize that we are one mind, and unless we take the step towards trying to evolve, as a human race, we may never know..

When we reach the point in which we can start to move onward and upward and realize what our race is capable of, we can finally step through the shadow, and actually reach a higer consciousness

http://www.ka-gold-jewelry.com/p-articles/christ-consciousness.php

just a bit in which to ponder.