PDA

View Full Version : dammit folks, cant you find the beauty in the dissonance???

plexus
02-27-2003, 08:30 PM
this song goes perfectly with the whole damn album... and dealing with the actual instruments (not singing), the grudge is much harder and heavier than this song.... this song is perfect where it is... ..... .....

a complete rise from the calm, awe inspireing lull of parabol to the whilwind of exitement and dicovery in parabola.....

into the ending of parabola (the alex grey part of the video)... leaving you withered and tired from the experience of the entire precedings of the album.... back to the calm intro of parabola.... circkets and frogs chirping..... the harmonics of adams guitar... G....b....e.................. it leaves you revived... in waiting... ... ...

thud!.... the drums.... deep bass... slow swelling, heavy distorted guitar... hard crunching riffs.... this song is the pit of the album... the bottom.... people have emotions and you cant disgard certain ones..... the album is awesome and uplifting... but thats not all there is to tool... there is hatred and it can't be denied... (im positive it's hatred is towards the record label)... they were sucked dry... they have nothing left to give.... who wouldnt want those fucking leeches to choke on what they drained?...the fruit of tool's labour.... the members of tool are the hosts... they cant do anything about it.... although and they spent years trying to... this is the tool letting go of their grudge.... (which i think they did very well as you always see them with joking expressions and smirks about the lawsuit in what interviews they do)

---from an interview with danny carey and justin chancellor, from RIOT...april 19, 2001---

interviewer: "before we talk about the new album, we all know what maynard was doing with A Perfect Circle, what were the other three members of Tool up to? you toured for about two years then head three years off doing what?"

danny (with a bit of a grin growing on his face): "uhh... fighting with the record company"

ENTER:clip from Aenema video: "home we call L.A..... the only way to fix it is to.... flush it all away"

(damn strait)
i dont think we recognize and realize the toll that this kind of lawsuit and attack on the artistry of tool had taken from them.... three years.... thats a long time to be fighting for the music youve been making for almost 8 years.... as a musician.. i can honestly say... that would be a bitch
--------------------------------

and what about the 3 minutes and 30 seconds of strumming that could put any baby to sleep (with nightmares, sure, but still asleep)... what is this? maybe the repression of the emotions...(still present with maynards crazy babbelings) .... only to blaze back up in an uproar of emotion... blaring..... i hope.. i hope... i hope.. YOU CHOKE!!!!!............ youve just viseted the bottom.... and are on the way back up...

into slow calming guitar of lateralus.... back to a brand new whirlwind of a different kind of awe inspiring whirlwind.... BLACK THEN WHITE ARE.... then ultimatly to the climax of the album, the D/R/T trio....

this song is different... but it complements the other songs.... it is the dissonance.... this song goes perfectly with the CD.... it completes the spiral of emotions that is lateralus.... does anyone else see this? i dont know... maybe thats just what 4 grams of psilocybin cubes does to you..... shows you things....

P.S.. please dont hassle me about typos... im sure i made a lot... i was typing fast and its too long to look through for mistakes...blah

Mark D
02-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Im very confused. Is this about the album Lateralus, the song T&L, or Tool in general?

Macrame
02-27-2003, 09:03 PM
It was those three topics scrambled together ... I loved the post, however.

plexus
02-27-2003, 10:00 PM
its about ticks and leeches... i guess i should of said this (i thought it was implied by the title), but this what im saying as oppose to all the "this song sucks" posts... im was just describing how the song flows so well even though its a contrast to the whole album. thats what dissonance is... in music it two contradicting tones to suggest tension... ticks in leeches is almost inegral to me when im listening to this album

in a way, it was the topisc scrambled together, but i was merely showing how this song complements all the others. this song intensifies the other songs spiritual connotation with its negative juxtaposition.... i think it fits perfect....

and about 89% of the actual post is writing about ticks and leeches

paraflux
03-13-2003, 11:35 AM
The last two albums have had one song in the middle that did not seem to flow with the rest of the work, is all people really think. They may say it sucks, but if you take that song alone and pit it against anybody else's song it will still win. It doesnt suck. In fact, they make it so very ironic that the heaviest pieces on these records are the ones meant for a breather from the rest of the material. A comic relief, if you will, or a space to rest your mind during a workout, which is what your mind is doing. These songs dont suck, and there may indeed be messages on T&L, but I usually skip both T&L and Hooker.

Nirvana
03-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by paraflux
In fact, they make it so very ironic that the heaviest pieces on these records are the ones meant for a breather from the rest of the material. A comic relief, if you will, or a space to rest your mind during a workout, which is what your mind is doing. These songs dont suck, and there may indeed be messages on T&L, but I usually skip both T&L and Hooker.

but what about the softer part in T&L...?

Grrrrr:):-:(Nirvana):-:(

paraflux
03-14-2003, 12:37 PM
So it has a softer part. ok. that doesnt make it soft. It remains the heaviest song on the record in the true sense of the word "heavy."

smirk
03-26-2003, 01:16 PM
I love the song, no matter where they put it, they opened with it at at least one show in europe. That would definately kick things off, I would love to see this one live