PDA

View Full Version : 46&2 iS LIKE the Grudge

flipmojo
02-26-2003, 06:32 PM
After listening to these songs by audio and watching them performed through video, it occurred to me that they may represent a large changing anomaly inside our hearts. They envoke aggresive change for the better and for survival. These changes are so intense and widespread that it effects many.

Danny's drumming on both songs sounds as if he is casting spells out and promoting confidence. These songs are thorns and daggers that aggressively move the masses. Try listening to them back to back (I prefer the Grudge first and then 46&2). Also, they are both great openers. Agreed?

Typx
02-26-2003, 06:48 PM
Kind of off topic...

But when I saw them perform Sober as an opener it totally blew me away and really set the stage for the entire show.

flipmojo
02-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Yeah, sober was great as an opener too...

Yeah, that is way off topic...

plexus
03-24-2003, 01:28 AM
i liked they did the bit from merkaba before sober... i was like... what the fuck?? theyre playing merkaba???? and the bass comes in DUN DUN ...... DUN DUN ...... that was kickass

PartiallyNothing
07-26-2003, 10:02 PM
I went to the Hartford Connecticut show in Sep. 2001, and they opened with The Grudge. It was just great! I absolutly loved that opener. Later I saw them in New Haven Connecticut, and they opened with Sober. I also likes that opener, but I thought that The Grudge was much better. The song flows through so many emmotions and is really put together perfectly. I also, being a drummer, prefer The Grudge from that point also. Sober has kick-ass drum fills before both verses, but The Grudge's drummins is superb all the way through. Even the slower tom rythems Danny plays are creative and interesting. I hate drummers like Joey Jordison who believe that speed is everything; it's not. Danny has speed himself, but he also has style, creativity, and a knack for knowing what to put where, when to drum loud and when soft, and where to put fills, accents, etc. Getting bavk to the point, The Grudge was an excellent choice as an opener.

Also, you I agree with you that the two songs (The Grudge and Forty-Six & 2) sound great together. I like both the songs quite a bit. I also agree with you that they are "moving" pieces.

I think you went a little into random lip when you started mentioning daggers and thorns, but no one's putting you down, I just didn't quite understand the symbolism.

PRNinja23
08-16-2003, 11:55 AM
There is a strong connection in the lyrics of the song as well - at least in my experience. Where grudges drag you down like a stone, they become part of your shadow (the collection of ideas which we deny in ourselves), especially after you start unconsciously acting on a grudge -- where you are trying to control the past and/or "prove" that the grudge is justified. This urge to "prove" becomes part of the armor that the shadow provides.

In my opinion, there are no worthwhile grudges, even if it's "justifiable". There are reasons to avoid people in the future, but judging them as a bad person altogether doesn't help anyone. This is how hatred feeds itself.

Raev'n
05-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Wow. That's cool. Have you guys seen the thing about Lateralus being played in a different order? I have the track listings if anyone wants them. It's real creepy, it also works really well

caught_in_the_undertow
07-27-2004, 12:38 AM
46 & 2 and the grudge are fairly similar but the grudge is a much more agressive song than 46 & 2 and doesn't talk about progress as much as 46 & 2 does...they're both awesome songs though