PDA

View Full Version : one more (in progress)

plexus
02-26-2003, 06:06 PM
this is one im working on now... i have donw more since ive scanned it... the metal mask on top of his head is done and his forehead is done. its about swinging on the spiral (take that however you want to take it).... i just love to do that

questions comments?

shit.. forgot to put the link

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=081053PM.jpg

mike tyson
02-27-2003, 04:56 PM
damn your good, wonderful art

Chuckhawk
02-27-2003, 06:33 PM
That looks great, I can't wait to see the finished product. It almost reminds me of some of H.R. Geiger's work.

plexus
02-27-2003, 09:47 PM
GUFFAWWW!!!!

H.R.GIGER!

my idol.....

dawn
02-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Chuckhawk
That looks great, I can't wait to see the finished product. It almost reminds me of some of H.R. Geiger's work.

I have a book of Geiger's work...this doesn't really remind me of him..I do like it.

GregoryWohlwend
02-28-2003, 12:28 AM
finish that up and you'd have buyers at your door...

as for a critique, i saw you on another post talking about how you don't want praise and would rather us pick the shit out of it...

on the back you seem to have a fabric thing going on, and if you could shade that up i think it would be neat if it were to look like fabric coming into skin.... the hand coming out seems a bit out of place... but that isn't a bad thing... the toungue is square which seems a bit unorthodox, but then again what visionary art is orthodox?.... i truly love the eyes, i am surprised you put them in before it was finished, or maybe it is finished and if it is then i would suggest that you be patient and finish it, if you are stuck, it will come to you, do the things which inspire you... as for the skull that is empty i like the machine type top on the skull really neat i think you could go from there with a machine to biological organ insanity shit. and the figure in the mouth well... don't touch a godamned thing on it...

needless to say i think this is your best drawing i have seen from you or from anyone for awhile

plexus
03-02-2003, 08:16 PM
thanks a lot for picking the shit out of it... i like that much better

i dont know what you mean when you said i see to have a fabric thing going on the back... the hand coming out of the face is acutally gripping around his jaw... it didnt really some in through the scan.. yea the toungne doesn seem a bit squared... ill try to fix that... and about the eyes, most of the time i start out by drawing the eyes, and its definatly not finished, im gonna have the whole page covered in graphite.... i just scanned it to show my drummer... i put it on here because im very much tool inpired with all of my drawings...
i finished all of the metal mask on the top of his head and his fore head, now i just have to do a backgroung, finish his body and his jaw and im done.... thats more than it sounds... if you want, i could scan what i have now and show you ...

GregoryWohlwend
03-03-2003, 09:13 AM
i'll be patient and wait until it is complete and then put it up, i don't want to spoil it or anything, although i know how it is when something takes so long, you just wanna get it out their but patience is key... very key

what i said about the work are just my thoughts, you don't have to change anything, even mistakes can be for the better of a piece, the square toungue adds things where a uniform rounded toungue would not, you understand....

4th Eye
03-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Whoah! I like the idea and the drawing itself of course but the tongue is maybe a bit too cubical, yet. Maybe it fits better when it's ready. Keep 'em coming.

raiSINgirl420
03-03-2003, 09:23 PM
you don't like praise but damn i couldn't pass this up without saying something. looking forward to the finished product. damn i wish i could draw, i paint my imagination with words, but it doesn't do it justice, i would love to be able to...it's a talent i don't have.
veryvery cool.
:)

plexus
03-04-2003, 04:20 PM
hahaha no no no... its not that i dont like praise.... haha... i love praise... who doesnt? and im very grateful to everybody that likes them... but its jut that im more grateful to people who explain what they dont like or thing isnt right about the picture... it helps me look at it through other people's eyes

SilentThinker
03-04-2003, 04:34 PM
Very nice picture. I believe the reason someone thought of Giger is because of the attention to detail. And of course the gloomy atmosphere it has to it.
The head reminds me of a tree when glancing at it. It will probably be more obvious when done. I love the character's sad feeling. Very sublte, yet effective. I will pick it apart tomorrow, after some sleep.

Chuckhawk
03-16-2003, 06:43 PM
So plexus, when are we going to see a finished version of this thing?

plexus
03-17-2003, 06:30 PM
sweet... the pics are working again now...

uhh... i dont know when itll be done... ive been busy sitting... and walking and not drawing... but... ill get to it tonight and see how much i can get done