PDA

View Full Version : speeling questshuns

hawthorne
02-26-2003, 06:03 PM
'On the backside of my Lateralus CD track nine is titled "Lateralis" Withj no U. Anybody else? BEcause I've seen both. It's pretty trivial I guess, but interesting nonetheless.

swaps
02-26-2003, 06:15 PM
From the TDN FAQ (http://toolshed.down.net/faq):

So the back of the CD lists this song title as "Lateralis" ...

Ah, the new six-million-dollar question.
As "Salival" was fraught with production errors, so too was the album "Lateralus". Unlike the intentional different spellings of the song "Ænema" and the album "Ænima", done so to differentiate between the meanings of the two, the title of this song is meant to be spelled the SAME as the album. Once the error was brought to the band's attention, two million copies had already been printed - and many of those already sold. Subsequent printings of the album are scheduled to have a corrected spelling of the song title: "Lateralus."

The official site has posted interactive animations of the new album with the same misspelling, but they have also explicitly corroborated the correct spelling as being with a "U".

I own two misspelled copies and one with the error corrected. Still waiting on the vinyl...

plexus
02-26-2003, 06:17 PM
that was from the fist printing of the cd... suppositivly a typo... you bought the cd the day it came out?no? i did and its spelled lateralis on the back of mine too... take it how you want to