PDA

View Full Version : the military or government maybe?

abhorring love
02-26-2003, 11:52 AM
did the thought ever occur to anyone that the song could be about the government pushing people around.. or perhaps about a war?

"Your pushing and shoving me," Maybe talking about how they push people around into doing what they want.

"What is this but my reflection? Who am I to judge or strike you down?" Possibly realizing that the two sides of a war are no different and asking why one person can choose to end the life of another.

"Take care not to make me enter, if i do we both may dissapear" Maybe saying that if one side starts a war with another side they may end up killing each other.

"Slipping back into the gap again, im alive when your touching me, alive when your shoving me down" Perhaps reffering to the unevolved race we used to be, who waged war on each other for petty reasons such as shoving someone of another clan.

"Remember i will always love you, even as i tear your fucking throat away" The lowly soldiers doing the actual fighting rarely hate the people they are sent to kill, they just follow orders, and even as they kill they still have no hate for their "enemy".

A few of my ideas... i accept all contradictions.