PDA

View Full Version : the journey

7chakras
11-21-2002, 02:52 PM
this song has a profound effect on my metaphysical state. whenever I listen to it in a meditative or involved manner, I leave this plain. The most profound experience occured when I saw Tool live this year in London. During Reflection I began to dance rhythmically, eyes closed to the music. I was completely sober, and yet I have no recall of being THERE during that song, when I returned I found I'd created a huge circle around myself to dance in without being crushed (3 rows from the front :) I imagine I was writhing around like anything!

Wherever I was during that song, I seem to go back there whenever I relax or dance to this song, returning when Triad begins. odd.

Anyone else get this? Another time I had a clear vision of me hovering at high speed over a moonlit river...

ATG
12-04-2002, 08:27 PM
i know exactly what you mean. I've used D/R/T as a guide for meditation ever since the album came out. Disposition sets the tone, Reflection builds up the feeling inside of me, and Triad is where that feeling reaches its peak.

jpmanson
12-06-2002, 01:46 PM
this same thing happened to me at the recent seattle show, it started slowly with disposition, then it got pretty intense through reflection, then in triad, i was dancing to feircly that people moved out of my way, a few of the people near me started doing the same, at the end of triad, the 3 of us who were dancing all hugged each other saying how beautiful that was, and that we were happy to have shared that experience with each other. i do not know who those other 2 people were, but i am happy for that experience, it was really great.

lonely_host
12-06-2002, 01:53 PM
people had the same experience dancing to disco 25 years ago...

jpmanson
12-06-2002, 01:55 PM
haha.. but im sure it wasnt the same..

lonely_host
12-06-2002, 02:07 PM
gay. LOL

lonely_host
12-06-2002, 02:22 PM
sorry about that, no abuse was meant, the "gay." thing is an inside joke between me and manson..we are good friends..

jpmanson
12-06-2002, 02:25 PM
yes.