PDA

View Full Version : who are "we"?

Convoy_X
02-26-2003, 04:08 AM
I just wanted to put my ideas out there. to me when MJK says "We are eturnal(SP)" he is talking about me and my wife. and the "pain" is the pain of our being apart for ovet a year now and it is an "illution(SP)" because we will be together once more and the pain will be gone and that moment that we are together can lats forever making us eturnal...

but thats just my opinion...

Nirvana
02-26-2003, 04:47 AM
so... if i get you right... this song is about you and your wife?

nice thinking!

Again I Bumped Up My Post...

Level 7 - Loquacious Post: ):-:(Nirvana):-:(

Convoy_X
02-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Nirvana
[B]so... if i get you right... this song is about you and your wife?

Well yes thats what it about to me. My wife and my kids and our relationship as a family, but what about you other 4 that took a look at this?

Nirvana
02-26-2003, 07:07 AM
i took all 4 looks :-)

awwww shoot
02-26-2003, 08:19 AM
I would think he's talking about human civilization.

Convoy_X
02-27-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by awwww shoot
I would think he's talking about human civilization.

he might be but..."In these forums, you will find fans' observations about Tool songs, videos, and more. They may be 'wrong' (not what Tool intended), but this section is not about 'what it means' -- it is about "what it means to me.'"

thats what i like to fine out about my are not does it means to me but what it means to others....

Convoy_X
03-10-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by mstajduh
"Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" - Yoda

Perhaps Maynard is a jedi knight?
but the true question is.. which planet does he come from?

LOL that was funny but it makes sence to me.

Convoy_X
03-21-2003, 12:22 AM
I'm serious.. hehe..what planet does everyone think he comes from? Venus? Mars? Saturn? Vulcan? Earth? Pluto? Sirius-A?

I think Yoda is human but can anyone in "Star Wars" be human if it took place a long time ago in a galxy far away?

Atratus
05-21-2003, 02:07 AM
Well, mstajduh, what you said about memory keeping you safe from bad times sure fits in well with convoy_X's story.

So strange, naturally.

Stink Fisto. Lol. Perhaps he was named after his mother planet. But i'd bet that dog Maynard came from Sirius. I just don't quite know yet what that implies (i didn't get the time to study much of Flower of Life, which i'm sure had some funny ideas about Sirius. I gave the book away as a birthday present. I'll think i'll follow a workshop or something instead.)

I don't know much about Serious, but i think when Maynard came here set up shop around Saturn first. I've felt that Maynard one of those creature that are closest to the most concentrated, pure, primeordial chaosmatter that has been spewed into of our obervable universe. He seems to have a good connection to that stuff.
Whilst i've been fretting around trying to find something like it but not knowing quite where or how to look.
Tool taught me much about where and how to look for the good stuff. Everytime i hear music, or philosophy, or a complaint i can compare to Tool. When i have and idea, how shall i see wether it is refined and overanalyzed or not? Tool provides the measure. (There are other measures, of course.)

I'm certain Danny is from Jupiter. Adam strikes me as one of the original sunbathing race of Mercurians. I'm not sure about Justin. Maybe he's from the moon. I'll have to ask them personally, to be sure.

paraflux
05-21-2003, 07:15 AM
Danny might well be from Jupiter, but I would see Adam as farther away from the sun than Mercury. He's too dark. How about Neptune? Justin could be from the moon, sure enough, or even Earth. Maynard? Nibiru? Or from somewhere deep in Orion's belt?

Nirvana
05-21-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm serious.. hehe..what planet does everyone think he comes from? Venus? Mars? Saturn? Vulcan? Earth? Pluto? Sirius-A?

I guess i come from Mars... cause im pisces and borned in march!

soberwithapenis
06-02-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Nirvana
so... if i get you right... this song is about you and your wife?

nice thinking!

Dont be a dick nirvana whether your joking or not. That could be a touchy subject for the guy. If thats what he thinks leave him and his thoughts alone. By the way he never says anything about the literal meaning of the song, so you do infact just sound like an ass. Remember mean people suck. There is a difference between being mean and giving constructive criticism.

Just read the quote on the Opinion Homepage.

Tantobourne
06-02-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Convoy_X
I just wanted to put my ideas out there. to me when MJK says "We are eturnal(SP)" he is talking about me and my wife. and the "pain" is the pain of our being apart for ovet a year now and it is an "illution(SP)" because we will be together once more and the pain will be gone and that moment that we are together can lats forever making us eturnal...

but thats just my opinion...

Than that, right there, is all it that it has to mean. ; )

Raev'n
05-27-2004, 02:21 PM
So true. It how I feel about a relationship I once had as well.

Cyanide ChrYst
07-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Maynard was not talking about anyone in particular. Especially not you or your wife. Didn't any of you learn from Lateralus? "DONT BE OVERANALYTICAL, DAMMIT."

Tantobourne
07-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Maynard said ...
"DONT BE OVERANALYTICAL, DAMMIT."

Well I like what Maynard says but just because he said it doesn't mean that it's 100% irrefutably wrong. If anything, it's an opinion or a 'perspective'. Sometimes the overanalysis of one thing sheds new light on other things in your life.

Saying, "Anything in excess is not healthy" carries the same meaning.

Or maybe I'm just over analyzing this whole thing....or simply over analyzing the over-analysis...of the over-analysis. Woah.

Cyanide ChrYst
07-22-2004, 11:42 PM
My point is that everyone reads into his musings like they totally know him. I dont know any better way of putting it, nobody here knows SHIT. We all just have big vocabularies and lots of spare time to come on here and argue over fucking music. :sigh:

Convoy_X
03-03-2005, 02:54 AM
My point is that everyone reads into his musings like they totally know him. I dont know any better way of putting it, nobody here knows SHIT. We all just have big vocabularies and lots of spare time to come on here and argue over fucking music. :sigh:
To think when I first started this I loved my wife.... and now a after all that has passed sence then I want her to die....

Triangular_Vision
03-11-2005, 06:49 AM

WE dont come to argue over music... YOU come to argue over music. I dont know if you understand this, but everything you do DOES have a reaction even if your higher self is only aware when you smoke pot.

I would really think about your action towards others. You have no idea the weight of the burden you are carrying untill you have to hold it by yourself.

Feel free to mock my words... but as i see it, eventually paraflux will bann your ass.

paraflux
03-11-2005, 09:51 AM
You drug up an old thread. Cyanide has been probed and will not argue over petty shit in albums anymore. If you have problems with him or any other member, feel free to contact a mod with a link to the thread you are concerned about. This is not to say that I do not understand where you are coming from, it is to say that the problem has been resolved, move on. There is no "ex post facto" at work here, so anything that was posted before I started moderating will be left untouched. Ignore them if they are bothersome.

Triangular_Vision
03-12-2005, 08:01 AM
cool... i hadn't been here in a while because of people like cyanide here so i wasn't aware that this thread was old. Keep up the good work paraflux.