PDA

View Full Version : I think i've got it

placidium
11-12-2005, 10:19 AM
A parabola is a big curve, you know what it is. I think this song is about understanding everything. And the parabola is used to describe our knowledge, because our knowledge as a people is growing exponentially as time progresses. Look at us from when we were first starting to the 100 AD. Now look from 1900 to 2005. We progress at a greater and greater rate.

BUT

A parabola never touches the vertical asymptope, which symoblizes the answer. So, as we go on, we will never touch the asymptope, we will only get closer and closer at an alarming rate until we stop making progress.

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
11-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Holy shit, an interpretation that is original, interesting, and under 50,000 words long. I never thought I'd see the day.

s ti N Kfizt
11-12-2005, 10:32 AM
offtopic. mankind is now in it's puberty age
.. and so am i.

placidium
11-12-2005, 10:44 AM
But shit though, I mean, I think this is really what its about.

Chaos Theory
11-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Holy shit, an interpretation that is original, interesting, and under 50,000 words long. I never thought I'd see the day.
Agreed.

exojjl
11-13-2005, 12:50 AM
The music feels like bones, and as the song progresses, the pieces are coming apart and breaking down in age. The music could symbolize any anonymous being, growing old. Or beings as a group (society, civilization, etc what the fuck ever).

Ryan
11-13-2005, 02:47 AM
But shit though, I mean, I think this is really what its about.

i'll agree.

Night Of Crystals
11-13-2005, 03:43 AM
Maybe it's about the fact that Maynard couldn't do Quadratic Polynomials in school and decided to drop out and become a ****** or whatever it is he does.

placidium
11-13-2005, 07:22 AM
yeah, haha, thats not really even funny. but at least i solved the song.

varg
11-13-2005, 10:24 AM
yeah, haha, thats not really even funny. but at least i solved the song.
I didn't know we were supposed to solve anything.

placidium
11-13-2005, 11:35 AM
No one said you were supposed to do anything. I'm happy because I'm the first to figure out what Parabola is about.

killershears
11-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Good interpretation. I agree now that you mentioned how parabolas never...get to the top. The rate of knowledge is still going up, but it is impossible to get the answer. If we had the answer, there would be no downfall of rate of knowledge. But since the answer can't be found while living as a human on Earth, this song explains how one day the rate of knowledge will fall to nothing since we know everything we can without knowing the actual ANSWER.

exojjl
11-13-2005, 12:56 PM
No one said you were supposed to do anything. I'm happy because I'm the first to figure out what Parabola is about.

The music feels like bones, and as the song progresses, the pieces are coming apart and breaking down in age. The music could symbolize any anonymous being, growing old. Or beings as a group (society, civilization, etc what the fuck ever).

Just summing previous thoughts from a long time ago I had about this song.

A parabola is a big curve, you know what it is. I think this song is about understanding everything. And the parabola is used to describe our knowledge, because our knowledge as a people is growing exponentially as time progresses. Look at us from when we were first starting to the 100 AD. Now look from 1900 to 2005. We progress at a greater and greater rate.

Yes, progressing further and further to death.

A parabola never touches the vertical asymptope, which symoblizes the answer. So, as we go on, we will never touch the asymptope, we will only get closer and closer at an alarming rate until we stop making progress.

I thought that, but on the scale of life and death, or rather life and beyond life.
We never essentially touch death, because we are eternally alive. Our body doesnt move any further, but the matter that we are, is still alice in the sense that it still exist amongst the universe.

OK_Lateralus
11-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Since when do parabolas have vertical asymptotes?

A simple parabola:
f(x) = x^2

As x approaches infinity, f(x) diverges. It does not converge (aka, approach a vertical asymptote).

If the song was called hyperbola then maybe you'd have a point.

johnnyTrip
11-14-2005, 02:10 PM

A simple parabola:
f(x) = x^2

As x approaches infinity, f(x) diverges. It does not converge (aka, approach a vertical asymptote).

omg no waaaay

(in stewies voice)

placidium
11-14-2005, 02:25 PM

A simple parabola:
f(x) = x^2

A parabola can't run on a graph with a vertical asymptope?

placidium
11-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Just summing previous thoughts from a long time ago I had about this song.

Yes, progressing further and further to death.

I thought that, but on the scale of life and death, or rather life and beyond life.
We never essentially touch death, because we are eternally alive. Our body doesnt move any further, but the matter that we are, is still alice in the sense that it still exist amongst the universe.

No.

placidium
11-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Good interpretation. I agree now that you mentioned how parabolas never...get to the top. The rate of knowledge is still going up, but it is impossible to get the answer. If we had the answer, there would be no downfall of rate of knowledge. But since the answer can't be found while living as a human on Earth, this song explains how one day the rate of knowledge will fall to nothing since we know everything we can without knowing the actual ANSWER.

Yes.

LP|Stang
01-07-2006, 08:52 PM
The music feels like bones

Hmm, yeah. Like bones.

Get the fuck out.

Prison Sex
01-08-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm not quite sure you can say you "solved" anything. Most songs can have a meaning behind them, but are made for peoples own personal interpretations. I'm not saying you're wrong, but don't go around being a dick about it.

mike09
01-15-2006, 05:10 AM

A simple parabola:
f(x) = x^2

A parabola never touches the horizontal asymptote.