PDA

View Full Version : Signatures, Avatars, etc.

bringerofbasses
02-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Hm..maybe I missed this..but just why don't we have signatures and avatars enabled? I mean..yeah, I know they'd probably slow the boards up, but I thought they always gave a person more "personality".

Also, it's weird..I can edit my signature and all that good stuff, but it still doesn't show up.

Nirvana
02-25-2003, 12:01 PM
yeah.. its kinda strange...

and its a good idea for a signature... that would be great...
but on the other side... if it makes it slower..... sometimes TDN is slow... so.. that would be a real pain in the ass

the reverend
02-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Heh. This question has been asked before.
The Admin (ie. Dan boy) thinks that sig's will take away from the actual opinion or post and theres always a problem with bandwidth for avatars as well as also taking away from the actual posts.

bringerofbasses
02-25-2003, 02:37 PM
I kind of figured that has been asked before...and that I knew the answer to it, lol...just figured I would ask anyway.

dan
02-25-2003, 03:48 PM
we are considering avatars for those who donate. hell, maybe just for everyone.

i would just create a script that would upload them to my server, reducing bandwidth for tdn.

we'll see how it goes.

Cronos
02-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Can we also choose the option to cash in our TDN points for sigs/avatars?

Since I have an infinite amount and all....

Mark D
02-25-2003, 07:29 PM
How about displaying avatars in the profile section. You know how you can click on a user's name to find out more information? Put the avatar there. That way it wont take as long to load when you are looking at a thread, and you will still be able to see the picture.

Trying very hard: Mark D

bringerofbasses
02-25-2003, 08:23 PM
I think I like Mark's idea ...sometimes, you just see these outrageous avatars, or you get tired of seeing them ...but of course, that's where the enable/disable option comes in.

Anyway, to me ...the boards just seem so "naked" without sigs, avatars and such ...unlike alot of other forums. Also, where's the smileys?! I want to be able to put up a smiley that's drinking or something...that'd rule.