PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence?

GregoryWohlwend
02-25-2003, 01:47 AM
Ever since i began riding the spiral (take that however you want) i have been noticing far too many coincidences. recently all of these coincidences have culminated to one point and it also happened on the same night i visited "hell." my hell had nothing to do with the bible or any religious tones, however i felt as though my defences had been stripped i was totally vulnerable and everyone, including my dearest of friends wanted me dead or worse, to live in eternity in a tiny box they called a room.... however do not panic, this was the most productive day of my life.... anyways moving on or rather.. moving backwards...

earlier in that evening we were listening to lateralus, all of us huddled around the television, static was our channel of choice and boy was it amazing. the static would swirl with the tone changes or the patterns of the music would be emulated within the static itself, i definately recommend it. moving on... we were enjoying our own gibberish, my shaky hands, the glassy eyed individuals staring giving the occasional yelp or mentally disabled scream, you know .. the usual... we were nearing the end of the experience and my friend exclaimed "would it not be weird if the television just shut off after the album?" we sat in amazement listening to fiap de oid or however you spell that fuckedu p city... and low and behold "TINK" telebision off, just when the cd finished, now this was no marvel of modern science, nothing was connected to the television and there was no remote for the tv... suddenly i realized what this all meant and i got frightened, i was in awe of the power that we can not sense... everyone stared at eachotehr at first, we were in total silence,,, it interuppted my friends story about the mystery behind track 13, frightened then we each said "who has the remote" soon we all remembered that my friend never had a remote, nor was anyone in the position to shut the television off... after this i proceded to walk upstairs with my mouth open, i didn't know what happened but yet... something was there, a thing we could not sense nor understand... later that night, at one point all i could sense was peppermint(i didn't identify it as peppermint for i had forgotten) my senses didn't work and i felt as though i had ascended, perhaps to the metaphysical state in which these aliens work...
another thought, a time after that i felt compelled to get a drink of water, as if the water were my only key to survival, i scarmbled to the bathroom for water, after i appeased my thirst my body started controlling my actions, it ran down the stairs, straight out the door and into the grassy yard, now i was just reading up on the aliens post and well... i don't know why i walked outside in the dead winter cold, and i didn't control myself walking outside, something else did it... anyways once i was out there i reached a point, did a 180 degree turn on a dime and marched straight in and back up the stairs... i am starting to wonder if perhaps i had an experience in a timeless state with something extra-terestial... exciting and frightening at the same time... from this very experience i have deduced that perhaps every single thing in the universe is predetermined and free will is a trick on our minds... or perhaps i am wrong

does anyone else have any other "coincidences" they would like to share?

i wrote this poem about just now, and it has to do with a point during the experience

"Where did you go?"

"I heard something break!"

"geeze, he's freakin' out."

panicy

urgent

confused

vulnerability

why do you look dead andy?

move your face dana, show me you are alive

lay back down

lay down and sit up, back and forth

have i been doing this forever?

i am doomed to this eternity of laying down and sitting up

why isn't the clock moving

lay down and sit up, back and forth

lay back down

why are you angry andy?

smile dana, i can barely see you

time is standing still

i must be dead...

Andy DV
02-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Yes, I was also there. The TV did seem to turn off on its own. If TOOL reads this and had anything to do with it, please fess up, you bastards.

dawn
02-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by GregoryWohlwend
Ever since i began riding the spiral (take that however you want) i have been noticing far too many coincidences.

Hey Wow...what a coincidence...I was honestly thinking about starting a thread on coincidence today...

Andy DV
03-01-2003, 01:24 AM
what a coincidence.

Eternalist
03-01-2003, 09:56 PM
I don't know who has seen Magnolia here, but if you haven't, you should! Firstly, it's a fantastic movie, Tom Cruise's best role ever, IMO. And secondly, it deals mostly in 'coincidences', and questions whether such things really exist.
Anyhow, I'm not sure where I stand, I often have trouble in my mind thinking about free will, and predetermination, etc. I guess what frustrates me most is that we'll probably never have definitive proof one way or another. Goddamn I had a whole bunch of other things to say but my brain has turned off. Sorry.

GregoryWohlwend
03-02-2003, 10:46 AM
magnolia is an awesome movie, deinfately up their in fine pieces of modern film... however i should watch it again, it has been awhile since i first watched it

"this is something that happens"

or at least i think that is what the little boy said when it began raining frogs

somethingbetter
03-04-2003, 03:59 PM
I've had so many coincidences in my life I have wondered at times it was fate or destiny.. and there is ALWAYS free will. But then again, what part of one's mind is actually making the choices? Do we even know? No, because no one has ever been able to definitivley prove that we are totally responsible for all our actions or the actions of those people or events around us. There are those who will believe that your life has already been scripted before you(meaning your soul or spirit) ever chose to come into the "physical" being. But yet these same people claim there is always free will. However, if your life was already written out for you, why bother getting up in the morning and "deciding" that you will do any such thing? Eventualy it will happen, right? No matter what you think you have decided.

Then again, perhaps your thinking and believing in a thought or an idea can somehow bring it into being, and therefor there is no coincidence by that theory, either.

Personally, I don't think that any one thing happens for no reason, and that there is any true coincidence, however, if I did, I would feel that there is no purpose or meaning in my decisions and choices and probably stop caring a whole lot. And there are those who believe that this is the way it should be, that we are here to experience aud to just run with that.

GregoryWohlwend
03-25-2003, 04:17 PM
after buying a pack of spliffs i gave the MAN ten bucks, and he gave me Six dollars and Sixty Six cents in change... (he even said it aloud like that) hmm perhaps this is some sort of sign?

smirk
03-25-2003, 08:55 PM
ok,if you can buy packs of spliffs for $3.34 in iowa city i need to take a road trip

livid76
03-25-2003, 09:17 PM
Road trip my ass, I'm moving today.

GregoryWohlwend
03-27-2003, 02:03 AM
i just got adobe illustrator 10 tonight. i was fooling around in it and i couldn't get much of a cool effect going, i was listening to sphongle - sphongleyes. and then right as the instrumental song broke in with a voice which said

"Well this is no offense but... you are a robot aren't you?"

the graphic morphed into a spiral looking thing, it was pretty neat had it been alone on the canvas. i would show you yet that could disrupt the universe, which i am not in the mood for right now.

coincidence?........