PDA

View Full Version : For me

Alex99
02-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Hooker with a penis gives away the songs meaning

Hooker - somebody you pay to have sex with
Penis - Male sexual organ

You don't actually see the Hooker "down there" until you've handed money over so you are paying for something you did not expect or do not enjoy < hence the use of selling out. There is also a double meaning to the word fuck - sexual as in the hooker bit and fuck - fucking somebody over. Tool have fucked this fan over who seems to be of the viewpoint that he has some sort of control to them because he is loyal (tattoo's are seen as a way to show your loyality).

This song, therefore, deals with those people who think they have some sort of say in things because they can flash their money about. Tool are saying to the guy, who obviously represents stupid fans who don't understand what they are able, well "fuck you".

Money also has several role in this song. At the end of the song tells the fan to shut up and send more money prehaps representing captialists who are only in it for the money and don't care about anything else. Maynard also repeats the lyric I sold my soul many times reflecting a viewpoint that "at the end of the day all you've done is pay for my viewpoint on things, hence "all you know about me is what I've sold you", and you think you can change those with some money? Lastly he makes the point that "everything is for sale but not me, buddy, I like money but you can't buy me"

Good song

Druzzel Dermgo
03-24-2003, 01:12 PM
Dude...all I have to say...is "that is awesome!" You hit this song right on the head. Go you.