PDA

View Full Version : lack of eyes? hum

6bit
02-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Has anyone else noticed that this is the only release by the band that doesn't have some sort of "eye" fixation?

Opiate: The figure on the cover has the bizarre eyes, and the cd itself is a blown up portion of the picture, exposing the eye more so.

Undertow: nothing

Aenima: the rotating pupil panel.

Lateralis: They redesign the eye, it rounds the cd, and is seen as the "flame" thing that projects from peoples hands.

Salival: nothing.

However, i suppose if u look at Salival and Undertow together, there is a common theme of the "open ribcage". Anyway, this is just a thought i had rattling around in my head.

conqueso
03-04-2003, 12:18 AM
I just read your message, then I watched the video for 'Prison Sex.' The video deals a lot with eyes, so even if the CD artwork doesn't really have the eye fixation, it is still there in other parts of the album.

Undertolerance
03-07-2003, 08:57 AM
I to have noticed this little fact about the lack of eye-age. However it still fits the theme of the CD, also that is a very astute observation on the Salival boxset as well. The reason that I think they put the rib cage is because this album really has a lot more to do with the inner workings of people. But focusing on the heart and things of that nature, hence the rib cage. Of course people can argue their point, this is just my idea.=): I really enjoy the fact that Tool likes to theme there CD's, as it were. And they tend to coincide quite often, so that makes it even neater. I, myself, am very interested(innamered as it were) with eyes and most things face related.