PDA

View Full Version : The two Gems at the Beginning?

piajartist
02-23-2003, 10:47 PM
I was just watching the video and noticed the two gems or some sort of clear stone being placed in front of one another. When the two are matched it shows the smokebox as seen on the cover of the album. I was wondering what exactly is with that. If anyone has an interesting interpretation of what the importance of the beginning to start with that sequence is. Also if you know the type of stone that is used, I wish it could do that in real life. I would have a real smokebox occurring all the time. Thanks.

iammeapparently
02-23-2003, 11:12 PM
I always got the impression that it was 2 magnifying glasses on metal stick people. Then when they come together you get the smokebox (some kind of studio affect). The importance of it I'm not so sure about, Ive haven't seen the video in quite some time. I'm sure this doesn't help.

plexus
02-26-2003, 06:28 PM
what i always thought they were, and am pretty sure they are, are just those television magnifiers that old people buy cause they cant see..... thats all

Useless Idiot
02-27-2003, 02:40 PM
So, if they are items used for magnifying, then they could represent something that is supposed to allow us to see what's really going on "behind the curtain."

Just a shard of a thought. Not a full one, of course. Just to get you started, I guess...

plexus
02-27-2003, 04:53 PM
what im thinking it is right now is that theyre 2 lenses... concave and convex... fit together to make a certain clarity that the smokebox comes out of.... its like in cameras.... the actual eyepiece of the camera has two lenses... concave and convex. thats why you can see everthing so clearly throught that little hole... im just shootin the shit though