PDA

View Full Version : Bad New Album News

DirtyBanana
10-05-2005, 04:58 AM
From germany biggest rock magazine:

http://www.visions.de/news/5859/ (scroll down)

"+++ Jetzt mal Klartext: Tool sind bei der Arbeit, aber längst noch nicht fertig. Eine Plattenfirma, die den entstehenden Release betreut, ist auch noch nicht gefunden. Oder besser: wird vorerst gar nicht gesucht. Maynard J. Keenan erzählt: "We're not pressured, I think, and we don't have a record company hanging over us, saying, 'You have to do an album every year', or something. It's a lot more important to take our time and have something to say, and if you're putting out a record every year, how much can you really learn in one year? You know, you've got to develop as a person and develop as a player." Nun reden wir allerdings auch nicht von einem Jahr, sondern mittlerweile vier, die seit dem letzten Tool-Album "Lateralus" ins Land gezogen sind."

Dirty Sanchez
10-05-2005, 06:18 AM
More proof that germans are full of shit.

Bogart
10-05-2005, 06:29 AM
More proof that germans are full of shit.
...true

paraology
10-05-2005, 07:03 AM
From germany biggest rock magazine:

http://www.visions.de/news/5859/ (scroll down)

"+++ Jetzt mal Klartext: Tool sind bei der Arbeit, aber längst noch nicht fertig. Eine Plattenfirma, die den entstehenden Release betreut, ist auch noch nicht gefunden. Oder besser: wird vorerst gar nicht gesucht. Maynard J. Keenan erzählt: "We're not pressured, I think, and we don't have a record company hanging over us, saying, 'You have to do an album every year', or something. It's a lot more important to take our time and have something to say, and if you're putting out a record every year, how much can you really learn in one year? You know, you've got to develop as a person and develop as a player." Nun reden wir allerdings auch nicht von einem Jahr, sondern mittlerweile vier, die seit dem letzten Tool-Album "Lateralus" ins Land gezogen sind."

*the first sentences say something like:

Tool are currently at work but longest not finished.A record company to release the album hasn´t been found yet.Better said:They are not even searching for one time being.

How gay!

varg
10-05-2005, 10:17 AM
How gay!

What's gay is his worthless germantranslating-abilities. Learn the Language above languages!
Goddamn it.

DirtyBanana
10-05-2005, 10:30 AM
What's gay is his worthless germantranslating-abilities. Learn the Language above languages!
Goddamn it.

fcuk oyu stuip kcfu

Bogart
10-05-2005, 10:37 AM
fcuk oyu stuip kcfu
wow

Emperor
10-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Another person spreading bullshit, these trolls just don't give up!

Jolz
10-05-2005, 11:05 AM
The Germans are bullshitting. Blair said that he had to sign some contract with their new record company saying that he wouldn't announce the date of the album. Even check the damn newsletter if you think I'm bullshitting. You still have to bring into account that they have been recording for a pretty long time. Looks like they should finish pretty soon..

Bogart
10-05-2005, 02:24 PM
The Germans are bullshitting. Blair said that he had to sign some contract with their new record company saying that he wouldn't announce the date of the album. Even check the damn newsletter if you think I'm bullshitting. You still have to bring into account that they have been recording for a pretty long time. Looks like they should finish pretty soon..
according to the newsletter the album has been recorded

killershears
10-05-2005, 03:17 PM
The past tense WAS thrown out, but in my opinion it was not clear enough to lead to a definite status report of the new Tool album being DONE. Anyone agree with me?

Timothy
10-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Who the fuck knows at this point.

Noumenon
10-05-2005, 03:59 PM
I think they misinterpreted "we don't have a record company hanging over us". Instead of saying they don't have a record company, Maynard says their record company aren't putting pressure on them to release albums in quick succession.

Goldfoot
10-05-2005, 04:18 PM
I think they misinterpreted "we don't have a record company hanging over us". Instead of saying they don't have a record company, Maynard says their record company aren't putting pressure on them to release albums in quick succession.

If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same date.

killershears
10-05-2005, 04:22 PM

So basically Maynard likes his current record company?

muloc
10-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Now once again Tool are at work, but are far from going into the studio. Tool's production company is not pressuring them for a release. Maynard J. Keenan says: "We're not pressured, I think, and we don't have a record company hanging over us, saying, 'You have to do an album every year', or something. It's a lot more important to take our time and have something to say, and if you're putting out a record every year, how much can you really learn in one year? You know, you've got to develop as a person and develop as a player." We believe the album will be out sometime early next year. The four have not toured since the last album "Lateralus" was released into the country.

whalethesecond
10-06-2005, 01:31 AM
well done

DirtyBanana
10-06-2005, 02:15 AM
Now once again Tool are at work, but are far from going into the studio. Tool's production company is not pressuring them for a release. Maynard J. Keenan says: "We're not pressured, I think, and we don't have a record company hanging over us, saying, 'You have to do an album every year', or something. It's a lot more important to take our time and have something to say, and if you're putting out a record every year, how much can you really learn in one year? You know, you've got to develop as a person and develop as a player." We believe the album will be out sometime early next year. The four have not toured since the last album "Lateralus" was released into the country.

absolutely misinterpreted

you are a much more bad translator than i am.

"far away from going into the studio" ??? hello?!?!

Here is my last try:

"Tool are currently at work but also far from being finished.A record company which "looking after/to advise" the release hasn´t been found yet.Or better said:There is even no need to (search/find) one at the moment.Maynard said:....."

John Doggett
10-06-2005, 02:45 AM
Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!

muloc
10-06-2005, 02:48 AM
you are a much more bad translator than i am...

... hello?!?!

hi

Dirty Sanchez
10-06-2005, 05:46 AM
The past tense WAS thrown out, but in my opinion it was not clear enough to lead to a definite status report of the new Tool album being DONE. Anyone agree with me?

Yes.

clarity.
10-06-2005, 05:55 AM
"+ + + now times plain language: Tool are long not yet finished with the work, but. A disk company, which cares for developing release, is not found also yet. Or better: for the time being one does not search at all. May pool of broadcasting corporations J. Keenan tells: "We're emergency pressured, I think, and incoming goods don't have A record company hanging over US, saying, ' You have ton of DO at album every year ', or something. It's A plumb bob more important ton take our time and have something ton say, and if you're putting out A record every year, how much CAN you really learn into one year? You know, you've got tons develop as A person and develop as A more player." Now we do not talk however also about one year, but meanwhile four, since the last Tool album "Lateralus" in the country pulled."

MY translation.

Foamy
10-06-2005, 06:22 AM
I don't think its german, it's Clingon! Maynard's giving interviews to Aliens now.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
10-06-2005, 11:11 AM
I don't think its german, it's Clingon! Maynard's giving interviews to Aliens now.

Someone get Mulder and Scully over here fast.

Ocelot199
10-06-2005, 11:14 AM

Heres my shot at it... haven't done anything in German for a while, so I'm kinda rusty...

::whips out handy german/english dictionary::

Now in plain English: Tool is near the completion of their project (in german, they say 'near their work (work is capitalized, making it a noun), but they aren't quite done yet. A record firm to oversee the release of the new album is not yet found. Even better: for the time being they aren't looking (for a record company). Maynard J. Keenan says: "We're not pressured, I think, and we don't have a record company hanging over us, saying, 'You have to do an album every year', or something. It's a lot more important to take our time and have something to say, and if you're putting out a record every year, how much can you really learn in one year? You know, you've got to develop as a person and develop as a player." Now we're talking, all thing considered, we won't have the album for another year, (this last part translates to something like: which is normal for tool's average one album every 4 years. We saw (received) Lateralus about four years ago now).

This seems about right, and it'd almost go along with a Jan. or Feb. release date... I doubt it'd take all the way until next April...

The only thing is that that quote from Maynard was found in an interview with him a loooong time ago.

Anybody who actually knows German think my translation is alright ?

John Doggett
10-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Someone get Mulder and Scully over here fast.

I'm already here.

/Parallelus/Reflectionis/
10-06-2005, 11:05 PM
"+ + + now times plain language: Tool are long not yet finished with the work, but. A disk company, which cares for developing release, is not found also yet. Or better: for the time being one does not search at all. May pool of broadcasting corporations J. Keenan tells: "We're emergency pressured, I think, and incoming goods don't have A record company hanging over US, saying, ' You have ton of DO at album every year ', or something. It's A plumb bob more important ton take our time and have something ton say, and if you're putting out A record every year, how much CAN you really learn into one year? You know, you've got tons develop as A person and develop as A more player." Now we do not talk however also about one year, but meanwhile four, since the last Tool album "Lateralus" in the country pulled."

MY translation.

hahahaha fuck that was hilarous

Ocelot199
10-07-2005, 05:54 AM
It's A plumb bob more important
Holy fuck thats funny.... I'm sitting here in class trying not to laugh...

TheRuleOfThree
10-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Yeah. Because bands that put out albums every year, like the Beatles and Pink Floyd, they really didn't progress as artists.

What?

Bubba_Phat
10-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah. Because bands that put out albums every year, like the Beatles and Pink Floyd, they really didn't progress as artists.

What?

He means shitty rappers who are forced to have a new album out every nine months that result in shit.

TheRuleOfThree
10-09-2005, 12:16 PM
He means shitty rappers who are forced to have a new album out every nine months that result in shit.

Nowhere do I see that implication. In fact...

"It's a lot more important to take our time and have something to say, and if you're putting out a record every year, how much can you really learn in one year? You know, you've got to develop as a person and develop as a player.""

"Player" implies actual musician, and his statement could be applied to any band thats put out music in consecutive years. Just because a band doesn't take five years between albums doesn't mean they don't "have something to say."

In fact... lets take a look at the majority of Pink Floyd's career, most of what they're known for..

Pink Floyd:

Ummagumma: 1969
Atom Heart Mother: 1970
Meddle: 1971
Obscured by Clouds: 1972
Dark Side of the Moon: 1973
Wish You Were Here: 1975
Animals: 1977
The Wall: 1979

So the longest wait was two years. Wow. What underdeveloped players. What do they have to say, anyway?