PDA

View Full Version : september newsletter

rochey-o
10-04-2005, 05:32 PM
according to it, it looks like they are done with the album, working on the art and video and such

niceness

"I wish they'd just hurry up with the damn thing (even though I've heard it about a hundred times already) and put it on the shelves at Tower! They should just throw some slick generic packaging together, hire a hot-shot director that likes to hang out in the cafes on Franklin to shoot a video, this time with the band members playing their instruments, maybe some nice cars and girls asses (hello, no brainer!), with lots of match cuts, dissolves, keeping it MTV-friendly (just put some ice in the cooler, get a crane and shoot the f***er already!)... I mean, let's keep it simple this time and get the CD in the big chains! How about a black cover and calling it... "The Black Album"... or "The Whiter Album" (with a whiter cover than the Beatles used!) or even "The Purple Album." It doesn't matter! Sometimes you just have to toss a coin, like they should have done when trying to decide which Zeppelin song to put on Salival (instead, they chose "No Quarter" for whatever reason, and I don't think it was because these gazillionaires didn't have a freaking coin to flip!). And I've kind of had with all these damn side projects as well: other bands, films, videos, benefits, restaurants, taxidermy, art collecting, wine making, cars, bars, cigars, stuffed night-jars, looking at Mars, etc.! Freeing Tibet! What the hell for? From what I've heard, there's nothing there but Yak dung and Blue Sheep shit (at the higher altitudes). Termas? My asoka! I learned everything I need to know about Tibet from watching "Bullet-Proof Monk" in the recording studio while the band waited for more Dolby units, just because there was some faint noise on the track. Jiminy Cricket, I would have left it there for those who are going to listen to the CD on their Koss headphones about a thousand times!"

ATARI
10-04-2005, 05:40 PM
just think
that could have just been summed up in a paragraph news post

ATARI
10-04-2005, 05:42 PM
and what is just up with the shit about the fake album for bootlegers?

ARMZ
10-04-2005, 05:43 PM
*sigh*

Defiant One
10-04-2005, 05:51 PM
The bootleg album could hint at it being a double album. I not sure if Blair would give such a direct hint though. Pandaenimonster is correct though, the newsletter pretty much confirms that the recording is finished.

kyyuulle
10-04-2005, 05:55 PM
*sigh*
that pretty much sums it up

paraology
10-04-2005, 06:15 PM
that pretty much sums it up

All the anticipation for the september newsletter and this is what we get..haha. Not a real surprise though. Hopefully someone is working right now on deciphering all the secret code from the newsletter. Hopefully Tool will let us know at least a day in advance when the album is coming.

waffel
10-04-2005, 06:59 PM
OMG ITS DONE.

That means.... nothing!

johnnyTrip
10-04-2005, 07:03 PM
people actually expecting straight forward info in a newsletter...this is blair.....

TTM
10-04-2005, 07:12 PM
it makes the january release date seem more probable... and if tool is playing at the big day out concert in NZ, even more reason to believe they are almost (if not) done

Sleep
10-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Once again Schism81 is proven to be full of BS.

Bogart
10-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Once again Schism81 is proven to be full of BS.
what are you talkin about man??

killershears
10-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Knowing they're done kind of makes me happy in a weird way. Like...ah nice The cool guys finished their hard work, and can now prepare for fun tour! :)

merman
10-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Seargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on the Dark Side of the Moon.

Sounds like a making of an epic.

TurdEye13
10-04-2005, 07:45 PM
what are you talkin about man??

He is talking about you, constantly saying that you know stuff that nobody could possibly know. Making false claims and never backing it up! This is why I never believe any of the garbage you post on this Rumor Mill. I am sorry to say that I did read your trash before, and gave some thought on how it could possibly be sprinkled with the slightest bit of truth.

Bogart
10-04-2005, 07:57 PM
He is talking about you, constantly saying that you know stuff that nobody could possibly know. Making false claims and never backing it up! This is why I never believe any of the garbage you post on this Rumor Mill. I am sorry to say that I did read your trash before, and gave some thought on how it could possibly be sprinkled with the slightest bit of truth.
ok, first of all he just states that im full of shit in this sept newsletter thread, what the fuck did i say about the newsletter that makes me full of shit...nothing. 2nd of all not all of my threads are just a bunch of bullshit, i started maybe 3 threads dealing with tool releases...who cares? i just did it to spice things up when it was boring around the rumor mill. i have already apologized for posting the bullshit threads because it seemed to piss people off and that wasnt my intention, and i havent posted any since. so maybe you shouldnt generalize all of my posts as bullshit.

cheba63
10-04-2005, 07:58 PM
"Sometimes you just have to toss a coin, like they should have done when trying to decide which Zeppelin song to put on Salival (instead, they chose "No Quarter" for whatever reason, and I don't think it was because these gazillionaires didn't have a freaking coin to flip!)."

Eh, I found that quite funny.

johnnyTrip
10-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Seargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on the Dark Side of the Moon.

Sounds like a making of an epic.

yeah i got that vibe too....hehe

SpiralOutKeepGoing
10-04-2005, 08:06 PM
The bootleg album could hint at it being a double album. I not sure if Blair would give such a direct hint though. Pandaenimonster is correct though, the newsletter pretty much confirms that the recording is finished.

I totally agree with you.

TurdEye13
10-04-2005, 08:07 PM
so maybe you shouldnt generalize all of my posts as bullshit.

I am not generalizing. I am just sick of people who think it is cool or fun to mess around with people on these Tool related sections.

Sleep
10-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Schism81, you were the one who started the topic not long ago stating "Blair was in the chat tonight he said all our questions will be answered in the next newsletter".

Spongebob
10-04-2005, 08:20 PM
i really liked that newsletter, i think the answer to the first email and the last contained a really important point.

here we are, all us millions of tool fans waiting for the new album, grabbing onto everything that is given to us by tool and their website and stuff, and demanding more and more. but look at what tool gives us, they dont just throw it together quickly, they take their time because its art, they put a lot of effort into it and have very busy lives making music and a lot of it goes unrecognised and when they take their time which is fair enough, we get too excited and dont appreciate all the things they have done and the fact they are making more music, but its not going to be rushed.

am i the only one who really liked this newsletter and though blair had a good point, from the band to the fans, its ok, the music will be here when its ready, stfu and ride the spiral?

seemed pretty obvious to me.

but yeah, it does look like they have finished recording. and the bit about a fake album they spent a year on sounds a bit crazy, i imagined they might do that but didnt think they would, maybe blair is just lieing. it seems like a waste of time to me.
another thing is he mentioned joe barresi is the engineer, so i dont know if that means tool produced it with joe engineering it, i dont know what the terms really mean myself anyway.

but one things for sure, tool are the fucking greatest and this album is gonna kick ass.

Bogart
10-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Schism81, you were the one who started the topic not long ago stating "Blair was in the chat tonight he said all our questions will be answered in the next newsletter".
yah i did, but that was what was being discussed in the ta chatroom when i logged on a while ago. i didnt say that i personally seen blair type that, i was just merely stating what the group was talking about when i was in there. im sorry if i was unclear when i started that thread. for all i know people could have been fucking around with a newbie and i just caught that part of the conversation. but it wasnt something i made up

Goldfoot
10-04-2005, 08:26 PM
To me, Blair just gave us who want info a big fuck you.

That guy's such a dick.

Spongebob
10-04-2005, 08:28 PM
it makes the january release date seem more probable... and if tool is playing at the big day out concert in NZ, even more reason to believe they are almost (if not) done

TOOL arent playing at the big day out, they have announced the bands and they arent on there. they will still announce more bands, but they never announce bands anywhere near as big as tool in the second lineup announcement.

tool will probably release the album in february if they try and get it out quickly and avoid leaving it too late so it doesnt leak. id say they will tour for when they have organised to tour, in may, maybe slightly earlier or later i guess.

Bogart
10-04-2005, 08:32 PM
did anyone else notice the part where he says put down the comic books and quit writing about martains they dont exist....could this be a link to elephtheria in some way? just a thought

UtUmNo1
10-04-2005, 08:36 PM
What has Naga got to do with it?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
did anyone else notice the part where he says put down the comic books and quit writing about martains they dont exist....could this be a link to elephtheria in some way? just a thought

I thought this (the comic book part) was a Coheed and Cambria reference. I highy doubt, however, that Blair would even know who Coheed and Cambria are let alone know they have comic books. But eh who knows. Maybe I should put down my comic books.

Isac Khrondor
10-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Blair: A childish little shit.

Foamy
10-05-2005, 01:04 AM
At least we got a newsletter. We know more than we did before dont we? Jesus Christ! Give people an inch and they take a mile. Shut up and wait for the TA Chat.

s ti N Kfizt
10-05-2005, 01:32 AM
i completely agree with Spongebob.

Christoff
10-05-2005, 04:28 AM
I love the picture of someone pointing a gun at Maynard. Hilarious.

D-Day_Daddy
10-05-2005, 04:52 AM
"and the bit about a fake album they spent a year on sounds a bit crazy, i imagined they might do that but didnt think they would, maybe blair is just lieing. it seems like a waste of time to me."

He's not lieing, he's still being sarcasstic. What he's saying is that for this last year they have been writting, compossing, and creating the new album.

While I had wished for a more straight forward newletter such as
"Hey guys, the new Tool album will be released on..." But he did put in the news letter helped. I don't want a cookie cutter album. I want a masterpeice, and those take time. If I wanted to listen to crap put out just to fulfill a contract, I'd waste my money on St. Anger or some other regurgitated peice of filth.

endokrin
10-05-2005, 05:12 AM
"And then try to imagine what when on in the studio itself..."

Typo

Blair sucks and he's ugly.

"deer- invested island of Miyajima"

Typo

Blair sucks and I hate him

And he is afraid of empty glasses. Does this mean he's an alcoholic?

Or just ugly?

And what's with recording background noise from Japan? Will this be on the new album, or is it a secret code that Blair has a small penis?

So maybe he isn't allowed to give out any real information...
Maybe he has to type something so he types whatever shit comes to mind...

That still doesn't make it fair that he gets in on all the action and we don't. BLAIR?? What kind of name is that? And why does he have to go by BMB? Two names aren't good enough for ya? Gotta use a third? And if I ever found myself looking at a wall with a poster that had my picture on it--I'd kill myself then. Who do I think I am that I need a damn poster with my picture on it?

Fuck that.

P.S.- Blair, if you are reading this... hehe... I'm just kidding man, really.
Hey can you give us some info on the new album? You rock!

Perseensilmä
10-05-2005, 05:31 AM
Blair gave me an impression that he was pissed off when he wrote that.

Also, he made a lot of references to perhaps the most classic albums of all times.

The guy holding a gun is Buzz Osborne.

Blair thought that he is funny when he intentionally mispelled Korn.

"What if I took my sweet old time with my famed newsletters... maybe posted September in October? " "The FAme" has gone into his head! what an asshole, like he is something.

I am tired and totally sick of this "they'll take their time"-bullshit! 'The Doors' was recorded in six days! Motherfucking six days! I bet it has been listened to more than this Tool album will be ever played. With and without Koss headphones, people still like it.

Now, I deciphered Blair's letter with my decoder ring:

-Tool's new album was supposed to be a double album, but after the recording sessions they realized that they have material only for one disc.

If it's side projects they're interested in, well maybe they should just do that instead! Any of these guys can be replaced (or how about the whole band with completely new members selected by the original band members on live television! No body's done that yet!)

-The album was supposed to be a theme album in which Tool would perform as a bogus band. Later the concept failed but it will still be released with the name and the cover of this bogus-concept.

-Cover will have a pic in which there is a bunch of people, including their hero Aleister Crowley.

-They will have to erase Adolph Hitler's pic from the cover.

-People will think that Maynard sings about LSD and other drugs even though his lyrics are about a picture that his son drew.

Timothy
10-05-2005, 05:41 AM
This thread is like 99.9% of the other theads in F.A.R.M. It belongs in the bin.

48&2
10-05-2005, 06:46 AM
This thread is like 99.9% of the other theads in F.A.R.M. It belongs in the bin.

I can't even tell the difference these days...

waffel
10-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Blair has a useless existence.

cureformax
10-05-2005, 07:30 AM
LET'S KILL THE MESSENGER!

D-Day_Daddy
10-05-2005, 07:55 AM
{sigh} Do you people wonder why Bliar deosn't feel the need to give you information? You all talk trash about him and expect what? That he's going to want to help you out? Come on. Yes he's having fun, and you know what, so is the band. They are slapping him high fives after every post, if they're into that kind of thing.

And I'm sorry, but while I really enjoy the Doors, it's not really hard to see why it was recorded in six days. I mean CCR put out something like three albums in one year; very enjoyible, but not complicated. I'm sorry you guys want the band to compromise their vison so you can get yer mits on the album sooner, but I would rather wait. I think people need to start doing more of that. Rushing things out to an impateint market is the reason that most music sucks these days, why movies are consistantly getting worse, and that literature printed today is not nearly as inspiring as books put out even a decade ago. You rush things, and they turn out bad. This is something I'm willing to wait for. I'm sure you find something to fulfill your lives until the album comes out.

s ti N Kfizt
10-05-2005, 08:00 AM
Mysterious is the most beautiful thing what excists, like some great dude told.
Tool, fucking, rocks.

Thermopyle
10-05-2005, 08:27 AM
jesus, this newsletter was even worse than all the other newsletters combined!

Ok, maybe not but he is really fucking with us.

mike tyson
10-05-2005, 09:13 AM
lol @ blair mentioning TMV

Aquabot
10-05-2005, 09:56 AM
{sigh} Do you people wonder why Bliar deosn't feel the need to give you information? You all talk trash about him and expect what? That he's going to want to help you out? Come on. Yes he's having fun, and you know what, so is the band. They are slapping him high fives after every post, if they're into that kind of thing.

And I'm sorry, but while I really enjoy the Doors, it's not really hard to see why it was recorded in six days. I mean CCR put out something like three albums in one year; very enjoyible, but not complicated. I'm sorry you guys want the band to compromise their vison so you can get yer mits on the album sooner, but I would rather wait. I think people need to start doing more of that. Rushing things out to an impateint market is the reason that most music sucks these days, why movies are consistantly getting worse, and that literature printed today is not nearly as inspiring as books put out even a decade ago. You rush things, and they turn out bad. This is something I'm willing to wait for. I'm sure you find something to fulfill your lives until the album comes out.

AMEN BROTHER!

paraology
10-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Though Im one of the impatient ones, its almost certain the album will be more than worth the wait. The way things are going, this is shaping up to be potentially one of the most amazing pieces of music ever assembled.

D-Day_Daddy
10-05-2005, 10:36 AM
LET'S KILL THE MESSENGER!

No need to edit, I was not refering to your post, if anything I was adding to your statement.

Bogart
10-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Though Im one of the impatient ones, its almost certain the album will be more than worth the wait. The way things are going, this is shaping up to be potentially one of the most amazing pieces of music ever assembled.
it will definately be worth the wait, and is sounding like it could be one of their best works. lets just hope its 2 discs

dracomordag
10-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Was I the only one who noticed that all these comments Blai was making were just insults of the stupid bullshiting that we posted threads about? Like the fake album one, the cars in music videos, etc.? Someone else MUST'VE noticed that every sarcastic thing he mentioned was on the F.A.R.M. at some point...

aka, stop bitching and wait. It'll be out when it's out.

waffel
10-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Blair probably does read the FARM all the time, and he probably even has an acct and posts stupid fake retarded bullshit like everyone else.

Christoff
10-05-2005, 11:57 AM
The amount of trash that appears in the F.A.R.M. always gives me the impression that instead of recording, TOOL are just sitting around a laptop taking the piss out of this forum, adding as many completely unintelligent remarks as is possible...

However I think that those thoughts may arise because it saddens me to think that so many people have listened to TOOL and still come away as stupid shits with nothing better to do than invent tall tales to keep themselves amused. As opposed to creating something, well, worthwhile.

Tertius Oculum
10-05-2005, 12:31 PM
WAKE ME UP NEXT FUCKING SEPTEMBER.

Tertius Oculum
10-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Blair probably does read the FARM all the time, and he probably even has an acct and posts stupid fake retarded bullshit like everyone else.

Probably someone you thought you knew well.

paraology
10-05-2005, 12:39 PM
I think blair is just upset because he doesnt get laid as much as adam and maynard.

Tertius Oculum
10-05-2005, 12:43 PM
I think blair is just upset because he doesnt get laid as much as adam and maynard.

Or it could be the 50 million emails telling him to go fuck himself.

ATARI
10-05-2005, 12:54 PM
I think he is secretly telling us to stick it

Foamy
10-05-2005, 01:01 PM
There's nothing secret about it. It was blatent.

I didn't want to make the hobbit pic, Blair. Honest! Spongebob put me up to it!

magnolia
10-05-2005, 01:54 PM
I am tired and totally sick of this "they'll take their time"-bullshit! 'The Doors' was recorded in six days! Motherfucking six days! I bet it has been listened to more than this Tool album will be ever played.

The Doors got it right the first time. Lucky them.

Isac Khrondor
10-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Can't we all do a major petition or something from all the Tool fans asking for Blair to be fired and have a restraining order keeping him away from the band, thier families, occult books and the internet.

ATARI
10-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Unfortunately petitions never work. Like ever.

SAGET
10-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Probably someone you thought you knew well.

Are you hinting that it's you?

Ive always wondered...is this blairs only job? does he just go to the studio, sit around and eat those jelly beans and write about VOLTO and the wednesday night jam sessions, or monday or whatever day? Or does he actually work somewhere and do this for a little extra cash for his friends, TOOL?

P.S. The idea of them taking a year to make a fake record is too weird to just make up, in my opinion. There is obviously a reason he said it, and i like the idea that this could possibly confirm a double disc.

clone
10-05-2005, 03:31 PM
The idea of them taking a year to make a fake record is too weird to just make up, in my opinion.

I believe he referes to the period they spent working on new material while Maynard was with APC. If you remember, on april 2004 Danny was saying that they already had a framework for 10 to 12 new songs. Now, when Maynard join them (by late 2004), they took more than 7 months of writing/aranging before entering the studio, which makes me think that in that period they worked with whole new stuff, discarding most of what they had before Maynard came in.

UtUmNo1
10-05-2005, 03:32 PM
They've made two albums in the same vein as Use Your Illusion I and II.

Chris Myth
10-05-2005, 05:36 PM
From the Newsletter:

"Sometimes you just have to toss a coin, like they should have done when trying to decide which Zeppelin song to put on Salival (instead, they chose "No Quarter" for whatever reason, and I don't think it was because these gazillionaires didn't have a freaking coin to flip!). "

Did Tool ever record another Led Zeppelin song?

Bogart
10-05-2005, 06:07 PM
From the Newsletter:

"Sometimes you just have to toss a coin, like they should have done when trying to decide which Zeppelin song to put on Salival (instead, they chose "No Quarter" for whatever reason, and I don't think it was because these gazillionaires didn't have a freaking coin to flip!). "

Did Tool ever record another Led Zeppelin song?
no, where did you get that from?

WearingVans501s
10-05-2005, 07:37 PM
no, where did you get that from?

"like they should have done when trying to decide which Zeppelin song to put on Salival"

that sentence can sort of be read two ways....

Goldfoot
10-05-2005, 07:58 PM
"like they should have done when trying to decide which Zeppelin song to put on Salival"

that sentence can sort of be read two ways....

I see how you could think that, and it's an interesting prospect.

WearingVans501s
10-05-2005, 08:58 PM
i dont really see it as being much of a prospect......

i was just clearin that up for schism there......

death_2_usa
10-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Im pretty sure blair gave away ALOT of information in the newsletter... That zeppelin thing has got me hoping for a cover of 'the rain song'.... fucken blair, Y CANT YOU MAKE SENCE!!!??!!?!?!?!?

muloc
10-05-2005, 11:17 PM
blair would make sense if you could spell

death_2_usa
10-05-2005, 11:26 PM
so would the koran but i dont see what that has to do with anything

muloc
10-05-2005, 11:30 PM
the qu'ran makes sense on some level to anyone who bothers to read it
if you dont see what it has to do with anything buy more britney

death_2_usa
10-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Yay my first forum battle...

Spongebob
10-06-2005, 12:05 AM
i think you lost it dude.

Foamy
10-06-2005, 12:35 AM
so would the koran but i dont see what that has to do with anything

The Quran would make sense if YOU could spell? I don't see what that has to do with anything either.

Spongebob
10-06-2005, 12:59 AM
it's ok foamy, he has already lost the forum battle, lets not start round two just yet.

Foamy
10-06-2005, 01:48 AM
The battle is over, Spongebob, but the war has only just begun.

nickknocker
10-06-2005, 02:28 AM
so...anyways...

yeah it seems blair was just going through all the rumors people have been spreading here.
also, the "secret fake album" may just be a whole load of sarcasm like the rest of the newsletter (OR it could be an elaborate hidden message...everybody start working on this NOW! =P ) Either way it seems the recording is done and now theyre just finishing up things like packaging and maybe legal stuff. Yay new Tool album SOON(er).

Now lets all go live our lives and come back in a few months after we come home with a shiny new disc in our hands.

s ti N Kfizt
10-06-2005, 02:38 AM
Foamy, motherfucking Morrissey.

Spongebob
10-06-2005, 03:05 AM
nice post nickknocker.

thats all the newsletter was, and we dont deserve to know more, we dont deserve to have an album out before it comes out. so we might as well go live our lives so the time goes quicker, complaining about blair just fuels the fire and makes this whole process even worse.

Foamy
10-06-2005, 03:16 AM
Foamy, motherfucking Morrissey.

You don't like Morrissey?! :O
I thought a TOOL forum of all places would have people with some kind of taste.

s ti N Kfizt
10-06-2005, 04:33 AM
I didn't say that i don't like him, i said motherfucking morrissey.
Morrissey rocks.. =P

Foamy
10-06-2005, 05:04 AM
Sorry, Im so used to people mocking me for being a Morrissey fan. ;p

grady
10-06-2005, 06:39 AM
Hey. Was the kid who started this this thread kidding bout the video and keeping it MTV friendly? I'm assuming he was, b/c none of y'all have laid into him yet. So anyways. I like taffy and TOOL. Later...

MasterOfKtulu109
10-06-2005, 06:45 AM
the reference to the other Zeppelin cover is not a secret code that we need to interpret for the next 2 months. When they did No Quarter, they had decided to do that track over another Zeppelin track (don't remember which one...it's been awhile since i read the article).

stop assuming that led zeppelin is code for 'release date'

Ryan
10-06-2005, 07:00 AM

i worship morrissey.

bluefire
10-06-2005, 07:13 AM
the reference to the other Zeppelin cover is not a secret code that we need to interpret for the next 2 months. When they did No Quarter, they had decided to do that track over another Zeppelin track (don't remember which one...it's been awhile since i read the article).

I believe it was "Nobody's fault but mine".

ARMZ
10-06-2005, 07:22 AM

You're probably right, I saw it as a joke though, they had to toss a coin but there was no coin to toss, i.e they have no quarter...pun intended by Blair.

anyway.......go and do the fucking dishes...........

Bogart
10-06-2005, 07:31 AM
^^ hilary has a nice set of tiddies

ARMZ
10-06-2005, 07:34 AM
mmm tit

moneyisevil
10-06-2005, 12:01 PM
wow...the sept. newsletter i believe is to be read with extreme sarcasm....it seems the band/blair has had enough of us pissing and moaning about the new album...i guess after reaqding this newsletter it has put me in my place...i must be patient and it will come out when the time is ready...this is coming from a man who wants the album to come out tomorrow...heheheeh...

i just think the band is fed up and the sept newsletter is kinda of a ticks and leeches newsletter...u cant take anything blair says seriously in this newsletter, u can only look at it as if blair is poking fun,.,.,.he saying "so what if i decide to post the sept. newsletter in october...big fucken deal"...ya know,..i think hes just saying to calm the fuck down...this all will be over soon

just my two cents

Perseensilmä
10-06-2005, 12:05 PM
I will be picking on Blair and moaning about his shit even more than before just because he wrote that shitletter.

Isac Khrondor
10-06-2005, 01:05 PM
it seems the band/blair has had enough of us pissing and moaning about the new album

Well we've had enough of them never telling us anything relevant and allways trying be so damn mysterious all the time, the whole mystery act is boring and shit, just give us some fucking real solid news for a change.

paraology
10-06-2005, 01:12 PM
I think Blair and the Tools must not forget why they are where their at now. As fans, we are the ones who have embraced their music as an art and craft.

Archetypically
10-06-2005, 01:14 PM
They don't care.

Isac Khrondor
10-06-2005, 01:17 PM
They don't care.

Ding.

Bastards they are.

dracomordag
10-06-2005, 02:58 PM
also, the "secret fake album" may just be a whole load of sarcasm like the rest of the newsletter (OR it could be an elaborate hidden message...everybody start working on this NOW! =P )

No, the fake album mentioning was a reference to the douchebags here who said that Tool would record a fake album just to throw off bootleggers.

I saw it as a joke though, they had to toss a coin but there was no coin to toss, i.e they have no quarter...pun intended by Blair.

hahaha... never thought of it that way. Great!

UtUmNo1
10-06-2005, 03:58 PM
They don't care.

Of course they do.

Fans=money.

magnolia
10-06-2005, 04:52 PM
i worship morrissey.

I worship Morrissey's hair.

Goldfoot
10-06-2005, 06:42 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't see anyone reference that as the release date.

muloc
10-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Well we've had enough of them never telling us anything relevant and allways trying be so damn mysterious all the time, the whole mystery act is boring and shit, just give us some fucking real solid news for a change.

you speak for everyone?

s ti N Kfizt
10-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Wtf, why. should. we. calm. down??!

I appreciate Blair, though this latest newsletter wasn't my favorite.

ARMZ
10-07-2005, 01:59 AM
I appreciate Blair, though this latest newsletter wasn't my favorite.
I appreciate Blair too for what he does and what he doesn't do. In all honesty who really gives a fuck, I mean I've tried deciphering shit too for fun and it got me no where but who cares anyway.

We should be thankful that there is something written up about Tool even though it's a small percentage of what's actually posted up, Blair could easily decide to pull the plug on all of us and leave us in the dark until a press release is issued with real information.

Foamy
10-07-2005, 02:12 AM
And any news is better than no news at all. If he's not allowed to give out any information its at least something if he gives us information by talking about christmas at Axel Roses house and Secret Burgers I guess.

moneyisevil
10-07-2005, 10:40 AM
still cant believe in late june/early july i was getting really excited for a new album, now here we are in october with no new album, no relevant news...yeah i guess im a little pissy...but i dunno....all i want is a release date...not even any other info...just so i can rest my head...

i love that they are being mysterious, and i know the wait is gonna be well worth it, however my patience is drawing thin