PDA

View Full Version : DVD Confirmation...kind of

Bogart
10-02-2005, 08:49 PM
I emailed Blair a few weeks ago asking if he could confirm if a dvd will be released and his exact statement was, "At some point they will edit it and release it thats all I can say". So I guess this is good news its just a matter of when it will be edited.

KJM
10-02-2005, 09:09 PM
right but..didn't we already know that? haven't we known that since they first talked about filming the end of their tour?

MasterOfKtulu109
10-02-2005, 09:29 PM
right but..didn't we already know that? haven't we known that since they first talked about filming the end of their tour?

that was kinda trippy. i just had a vision it was 2003 again.

Blair Jr
10-02-2005, 09:43 PM
I emailed Blair a few weeks ago asking if he could confirm if a dvd will be released and his exact statement was, "At some point they will edit it and release it thats all I can say". So I guess this is good news its just a matter of when it will be edited.

Welcome to last year

B J

Tertius Oculum
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Welcome to last year

B J

Welcome to STFU.

POP: 1

Spongebob
10-02-2005, 10:05 PM
schism81, thanks for that, although it has already been said before, i was worried it had been forgotten. so its good to know it will still come out.

ARMZ
10-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Place your bets.....what will arrive first?

Jesus 100-1

Aliens 50-1

Tool DVD 2-1

Perseensilmä
10-02-2005, 10:31 PM
No

Chinese Democracy 2-1
Tool DVD 10000-1

Lackymacky
10-02-2005, 11:37 PM
armz wipe your avatar.....

didnt mean to get the shit all over it..my bad..

:/

EDIT: you too elaine :/

ARMZ
10-02-2005, 11:49 PM
What the fuck are you doing pooing on my picture?

Tertius Oculum
10-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Hay guy, is there a larger version of that picture?

ARMZ
10-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Yes, yes there is..........enjoy

http://www.strangecelebrities.com/images/content/108608.jpg

Tertius Oculum
10-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Odd, it says Celebrities but I cannot identify who they are.

ARMZ
10-03-2005, 12:08 AM
That's strange.......

Tertius Oculum
10-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Who are they? It looks like Hilary Duff, is it?

ARMZ
10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Yes but I don't know who the other bird is, perhaps she's a groupie.

It's a fake anyway.

Foamy
10-03-2005, 12:23 AM
I had a dream last night that a DVD/Album combo was released. It was horrible. It was full of cover versions. It was like eMOTIVE. :'(

ARMZ
10-03-2005, 12:30 AM
I had a dream ages ago that the front cover was one of those holographic things, you know the ones where you tilt it to the side to change the appearance, well this one was of a cunt which opened and closed when you tilted it. And the color was that of red.

Sleep
10-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Blair said a while back that the DVD will probably be released after the album as the new record has priority.

ARMZ
10-03-2005, 02:33 AM
Does anyone remember in the last days of the Lateralus tour when they were filming the shows for the DVD if Faaip de Oiad was played? and if so how was it done? was it just played with images or did the band stick around or something? anything?

mattw
10-03-2005, 03:13 AM
I think I've posted this before, but yes they did play Faaip de Oiad at their 2nd last show on Nov. 23rd at Reno, NV. Also, if you look at all the setlists from their last six shows from Nov. 18 - Nov. 24, 2002, you'll find that they played the following 17 songs at some stage... Hope this provides some help.

Sober
Cold & Ugly
The Grudge
Stinkfist
The Patient
Schism
Parabol/a
H.
Forty Six & 2
Third Eye
Disposition
Reflection
Triad
Aenema
Opiate
Lateralus
Faaip de Oiad

In my opinion, if all are included, it would obviously be very impressive! Also, several weeks after the Reno show, Blair posted news about answering a fan's email and confirmed that they played Faaip de Oiad twice on tour, the other time i think was in Oklahoma... After Lateralus, when pretty much everyone had left the venue, the band come back on stage, in fornt of less than 50 people who were still there for some reason, and played Faaip de Oiad as well as some pretty weird visuals. So hopefully this 'hidden' live track will be included on the dvd.

I hope this informed you somewhat...

ARMZ
10-03-2005, 03:37 AM
Thanks for that. I guess I just wanted to know how it was 'performed'.

PART ONE: MJK DID NOT WRITE THE WORDS
I still receive a lot of email about the live version of the ‘hidden’ track, Faaip de Oiad that was performed during the latter stages of the Lateralus tour which, as I explained sometime last year, would most likely be included on the new dvd (no release date yet, I’m sorry to report). I also still get quite a few questions as to the precise meaning of the Enochian title, Faaip de Oiad (Voice of God), and the strange circumstances surrounding the frantic, some would say paranoid, voice that can be heard on the track from the Tool CD. Rather than answer all the emailers individually, I have decided that it’s finally time to explain how the piece initially came about, how the original idea was aborted to better fit with the Lateralus concept, and the truly bizarre coincidences surrounding both the original version as planned by Danny and myself along with the recorded version in which Danny utilized the voice on the "Area 51 caller line", during which time a mysterious satellite outage abruptly knocked the ‘Coast to Coast AM’ radio program and various other broadcasts temporarily off the air on the night of September 11, 1997 (yes, that’s right: 911).

Spongebob
10-03-2005, 03:55 AM
tool did say that the DVD will coem out after the album, but they also said that the album would be out early 2005. its possible that the DVD will come out before the album.

i was kinda betting on the sept newsletter to tell us if it would or not, but now it might be revealed in the upcoming webchat.

Foamy
10-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Blair is such an monglar.

Goldfoot
10-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Blair is such an monglar.

"An" is used before a word starting with a voewl or vowel sound. "Monglar" fits neither of those criterion.

Bogart
10-03-2005, 10:12 AM
tool did say that the DVD will coem out after the album, but they also said that the album would be out early 2005. its possible that the DVD will come out before the album.

i was kinda betting on the sept newsletter to tell us if it would or not, but now it might be revealed in the upcoming webchat.
i dont think that wuld make sense if tool released the lateralus dvd after the new album, unless the "the wall" esque movie is also inclued on the dvd which would be sweet

clarity.
10-03-2005, 11:00 AM
"An" is used before a word starting with a voewl or vowel sound. "Monglar" fits neither of those criterion.

Unless he's saying the word "Monglar" letter by letter. "An EM-OH-EN-GEE-EL-AYE-ARR" works just fine.

moneyisevil
10-03-2005, 11:45 AM
i guess we;ll find out oct. 12th

Tertius Oculum
10-03-2005, 12:40 PM
9 more days.

johnnyTrip
10-03-2005, 01:23 PM

goldfoot your a cockbite

Foamy
10-03-2005, 02:09 PM

Welcome to the world of the Internet Nit Picker. To make up for their less than adequate genitalia they pick out other peoples spelling and grammer mistakes on internet forums.

Goldfoot
10-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the world of the Internet Nit Picker. To make up for their less than adequate genitalia they pick out other peoples spelling and grammer mistakes on internet forums.

Yup , you know all about me because I decided to correct someone. Good call.

Bogart
10-03-2005, 03:40 PM
i guess we;ll find out oct. 12th
just because tool members are going to be in a chat doesnt necessarily mean we will find out any relevant information

UtUmNo1
10-03-2005, 03:45 PM

Grammar, dickhead.

Spoon
10-03-2005, 03:53 PM
just because tool members are going to be in a chat doesnt necessarily mean we will find out any relevant information

probably the same level of relevance as any of your posts.

Bogart
10-03-2005, 03:54 PM
probably the same level of relevance as any of your posts.
ok buddy

ATARI
10-03-2005, 04:35 PM
thanks for this

NWO SHILL
10-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Grammar, dickhead.

Oh man, I almost fell out of my chair.

UtUmNo1
10-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Glad I could help.

waffel
10-03-2005, 06:46 PM
My penis coughs.

Bogart
10-03-2005, 09:20 PM
My penis coughs.
...thanks

fraz
10-03-2005, 10:39 PM

what a dickhead

Bogart
10-04-2005, 07:04 AM
what a dickhead
me or blair

mosquito
10-04-2005, 07:22 AM

Congratulations, Sherlock Holmes!

Foamy
10-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Grammar, dickhead.

Capital D on "dickhead".

clarity.
10-04-2005, 07:47 AM
I would think schism81's uncle would have told him this information. But now we have an even more reliable source! An ellusive email to Blair...riiiiiiiiight.

ATARI
10-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Capital D on "dickhead".

um
no
you don't captalize after a comma

Bogart
10-04-2005, 12:01 PM
I would think schism81's uncle would have told him this information. But now we have an even more reliable source! An ellusive email to Blair...riiiiiiiiight.
hey buddy, i really did email blair and that was the reply that was sent back, whats so hard to believe about that?

bluefire
10-04-2005, 12:16 PM
hey buddy, i really did email blair and that was the reply that was sent back, whats so hard to believe about that?

we have read your other threads.

Bogart
10-04-2005, 12:28 PM
we have read your other threads.
touche...this is legit though

bluefire
10-04-2005, 12:33 PM
touche...this is legit though

oh yeah.

Foamy
10-05-2005, 03:26 AM
um
no
you don't captalize after a comma

Names begin with capital letters don't they? If you were calling me by my real name you wouldn't drop the G to lower case just because there's a commer before it. Go back to school.

Emperor
10-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Guys I just e-mailed Blair with this question:

Is that schism81 kid completely full of shit? Also why does he have Jason X as his avatar?

Here's Blair's response, I'm serious this is legit:

that schism81 kid weighs about 500 lbs and gets his joys out of spreading bullshit over the internet. he has jason x in his avatar because he's 12 years old and his balls havn't dropped yet.

OMG guys I'm serious like this is Blair's response, it's legit you just have to take my word for it!

D-Day_Daddy
10-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Names begin with capital letters don't they? If you were calling me by my real name you wouldn't drop the G to lower case just because there's a commer before it. Go back to school.

Dude, not to add fuel to this fire, but if you are discribing someone; like saying they have a phallis for a head, than it is not capitolized. But if he is saying that his name is L Dickhead Hubbard, than it is capitolized. So due to a lack of understanding you are both right. Let's get along and agree that the English language is overly complicated.

By the way, is there a reason this thread has yet to be binned?

UtUmNo1
10-05-2005, 01:28 PM

Comma, dickhead.

ATARI
10-05-2005, 01:30 PM

dickhead is a noun.
it reffers to the head of a penis.

If it was somebodies name, it would be capatalized, but in this case, it isn't an actual name and is rather an insult.
It doesn't say in the English language to have the first letter of insults capatalized, or nouns for that matter. (If we're talking in Geraman though, that's different)

So maybe you should actually get your facts straight before you go around prancing us all with your RAZZLE DAZZLE ELITIST grammar checker skills (will you actually don't have)

ATARI
10-05-2005, 01:30 PM
The good news is I've saved 20% on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Bogart
10-05-2005, 04:30 PM
The good news is I've saved 20% on my car insurance by switching to Geico.
i havent heard that one enough

mattw
10-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Schism81, others may not fully believe you and your response from blair, but i do. I sent Blair an email a while ago about the Lateralus vinyl and he responded pretty much straight away with a fairly short reply, similar to the reply you received. So yes, it is possible to receive a reply from Blair. He does respond to some questions, provided you are reasonable and polite...

Hope the dvd comes out sometime soon...

Goldfoot
10-05-2005, 08:05 PM
I have a question. How will I get a response for the email I just sent to Blair? I didn't see anywhere for an address. I clicked on the link at the bottom of the newsletter which was probably a mistake. His email address is [email protected] isn't it?

Edit: Ok, I got it now. Nevermind.