PDA

View Full Version : A Kaleidoscope of Tool songs

BackToMyKnees
02-22-2003, 05:28 PM
As a lot of you may know, the original name for the song "The Patient" was "Red" or something having to do with the color red. Why? Because this was the color that at least a few of the band members just thought of when hearing the song. No connection necessarily, lyrically or otherwise, just an image that you associate it with (like when reading a book, you picture the characters, and surroudings).

So, my question is, what colors did people associate with Parabola, (not Parabol) if any. For me, it was green. It just made me think.....green.

Anyone? (BTW, I posted this in each Song forum for Lateralus, I didn't especially choose only Parabola)

futile
02-22-2003, 08:39 PM
even before i saw the video i imagined a type of tubular grey object on a black background.

eulogy508
03-06-2003, 12:43 PM
somehow parabola is almost not any color, if anything its a black, or probably a dark blue. lateralus is a dark blue album. undertow is a red album. to me aenima is a very green album.

Ordal
03-15-2003, 10:38 PM
parabola was green for me too

ticks and leeches was black

and lateralus was definetly blue

Shinji
07-21-2007, 06:20 AM
My color was green, but now, red is my color. :-)

Ghostwriter
07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
I also often associate titles and even numbers with colors. Parabola is RED for me...

Angel on the Sideline
08-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Parabola is yellow for me. The Patient is blue. Ticks and Leeches is a very dark green. Schism is red.

None of that really makes sense, does it?

SpeiranVaun
08-15-2007, 07:37 AM
I always saw a light blue for Parabola. The whole album reminds me of purple, for some reason.

iamjoey31
10-02-2014, 07:48 PM
My color was green, but now, red is my color. :-)

I see what you did there. :)

iamjoey31
10-02-2014, 07:50 PM
For me, Parabola would black. But flashes of color throughout. Pitch dark...but you can tell You are traveling through a tunnel or portal. White speckled and multicolored played among the blackness.

Lackymacky
10-02-2014, 11:19 PM
I can't relate to any of these selections.

Grudge - dark navy blue
Eon blue - dark blue/purple/ slight red
Patient - light blue
Mantra/schism - very dark blue
Parabol - purple/ blue
Parabola - pink, assorted bright colors given the optimism of the music and the lyrics, but pink is the most pronounced
Ticks and leeches - dark red maroon
Lateralus - yellow
Dispaotion - light gray light blue, with some mud brown and jungle green. Represents looking outside on a rainy day. Gray clouds, blue rain, on top of wet dirt and green grass
Reflection/triad - dark blue