PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Grudge!

BackToMyKnees
02-22-2003, 05:21 PM
As a lot of you may know, the original name for the song "The Patient" was "Red" or something having to do with the color red. Why? Because this was the color that at least a few of the band members just thought of when hearing the song. No connection necessarily, lyrically or otherwise, just an image that you associate it with (like when reading a book, you picture the characters, and surroudings).

So, my question is, what colors did people associate with The Grudge (if any). For me, it was black. I know the sort of anger and frustration in the song may have led to this, but it really just popped into my head. Black.

Anyone? (BTW, I posted this in each Song forum for Lateralus, I didn't especially choose only Grudge)

reign3
02-23-2003, 01:07 AM
i see a kind of faint but dark blue (if you can picture that) for me, most of the songs on lateralus are of a dark color, even though they aren't neccesarily dark songs. maybe its just cuz of album cover, who knows?

Strawberry
03-24-2003, 12:25 PM
Sometimes when I'm really stoned and I listen to this album with my eyes closed, I see a blueaura type thing, and feel like I'm floating out of my body.

jotun
03-24-2003, 04:14 PM
dark red

Flojob
03-26-2003, 06:02 PM
green

IFadeAway
04-03-2003, 09:36 AM
Dark Gray At the beginning,

Blue in the quiet middle part

Darken to black through the scream to the end...

spiralion
04-03-2003, 04:44 PM
olive, dark red and black

mne pohuy
04-17-2003, 06:04 PM
i always think of dark gray or black during the whole song, kind of like cover for lateralus