PDA

View Full Version : possible title insight

pathological2
09-28-2005, 06:28 PM
schism = a seperation into factions, especially within a religious body.

OK, this may be a stretch but here's what I'm thinking. I believe this song to be about being seperated from your true self or spirit and trying to re-establish the connection. To connect to yourself by rediscovering communication with the god inside. That being said, I'm looking at the definition of the title. A seperation within a religious body I'm turning into a seperation within yourself, a seperation from your spirit. So instead of being religious, the song would be spiritual. Trying to connect to your spirit again so you may live as one and allow it to guide you. Getting rid of the illusion (the self-destructive lies brought about by the enemy). So, what do you guys think??

triad636
09-28-2005, 06:34 PM
like most tool songs there are different meanings but this one has some validity to it. i really dont think its about religion persay but yu definately have the right idea..

LP|Stang
12-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Mmm. I believe it's about the four of them losing "communication" due to the legal battles and shit.

Trust me, I'm right.

herarety
12-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Mmm. I believe it's about the four of them losing "communication" due to the legal battles and shit.

Trust me, I'm right.In these forums, you will find fans' observations about Tool songs, videos, and more. They may be "wrong" (not what Tool intended), but this section is not about "what it means" -- it is about "what it means to me."noob.

Divine_left
12-29-2005, 05:18 PM
1) Congratulations, you found a dictionary.

2) "cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion between supposed lovers" It's a sappy breakup song, just done cleverly.

bluefire
12-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Tool is not nearly as deep as many people on this board would lead you to believe.

rochey-o
12-30-2005, 02:15 PM
its about 2 people not talking, but has some cool thesaurus words in it to trick you

BASTARDS

LP|Stang
01-01-2006, 09:41 PM
4 people actually.

Heyou13
01-20-2006, 02:28 PM
whatever its about...it sounds amazing :-)

ArizonaBay
01-21-2006, 09:39 AM
schism is clearly about a break up "the light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so" thats a sappy (if good) love song lyric if ever i heard one. There is a sense though of it alluding to the breakdown in communication in the world at large hence the suposed brothers supposed lovers bit.