PDA

View Full Version : More info on recording

TheRuleOfThree
09-27-2005, 03:17 PM
http://www.ohenrystudios.com/pages/studio_a.htm#btt

According to John Zeigler, this is where most of the tracking was done for the new record.

Source: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98259

docder
09-27-2005, 03:48 PM
definitely agree, compare recording photos with these studio pics...spot on...

http://webpages.charter.net/docder

DirtyBanana
09-27-2005, 10:00 PM
So who of you lives in Los Angeles?Can someone plz go there an see if there are still recording?I mean just observe the entrance an wait if some tool members check in.

AND: Somebody plz ask john ziegler in that forum when the live dvd is coming out,or if he knows something about it.

docder
09-27-2005, 11:09 PM
So who of you lives in Los Angeles?Can someone plz go there an see if there are still recording?I mean just observe the entrance an wait if some tool members check in.

AND: Somebody plz ask john ziegler in that forum when the live dvd is coming out,or if he knows something about it.

Man, when I say southeast, I mean southeast USA...opposite coast. Believe me, if I lived anywhere remotely near OHENRY STUDIOS I would be there. SOOOO, for any of you fans in the area....http://www.ohenrystudios.com directions to studio. I have a feeling they're done recording though...

Spongebob
09-28-2005, 02:38 AM
TOOL is recording the new album in the town of WEED near Lake Shasta, CA keepin' it low-keyed, but... hanging out from time to time in local bars thereabouts. I'm very confident. Maynard..yeeer busted homboouueeiiii!! Ha-haaa.

this guy posted this on the collectiveunconscious.org forum.

Bogart
09-28-2005, 06:19 AM
how sweet it would be to sit in on some of the recording sessions

dracomordag
09-28-2005, 06:25 AM
I want to move to CA

clone
09-28-2005, 09:08 AM

I wrote them asking for availability of their studio A (the one tool is using acording to John z), but they reply me asking what do I want it for. Now, I've never been in a studio or even played in a band, so I need a beliaveble thing to tell them. Any suggestion? It should be something that doesn't take much time to do.

DirtyBanana
09-28-2005, 09:17 AM
I wrote them asking for availability of their studio A (the one tool is using acording to John z), but they reply me asking what do I want it for. Now, I've never been in a studio or even played in a band, so I need a beliaveble thing to tell them. Any suggestion? It should be something that doesn't take much time to do.

lol...i was about to do the same.

I dunno say that you are new band and give them a website link of a unknown band and say that it is yours.

D-Day_Daddy
09-28-2005, 09:45 AM
So are we now stocking te band? I mean if that's the way you guys are going, I have a tent and telescope for you to borrow.

Archetypically
09-28-2005, 09:59 AM
So are we now stocking te band? I mean if that's the way you guys are going, I have a tent and telescope for you to borrow.
And I'm a pretty creapy looking guy, so if you need one of those...

Akasha
09-28-2005, 10:27 AM
just make up a band name and say you want to record a good quality demo.

D-Day_Daddy
09-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey, I know. Look around the area for hotels. Call them up asking for one one te band members. If they say aything but, "I'm sorry but there is no one here by that name, assume that they are staying there. Book yourself a room, then go knocking on every door in said hotel until the band member opens the door. Knock out/stun/gas said band member, tie him up, read him lyrics from an Avril Lavigne Cd until he gives up the info.

Raul78
09-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Hey, I know. Look around the area for hotels. Call them up asking for one one te band members. If they say aything but, "I'm sorry but there is no one here by that name, assume that they are staying there. Book yourself a room, then go knocking on every door in said hotel until the band member opens the door. Knock out/stun/gas said band member, tie him up, read him lyrics from an Avril Lavigne Cd until he gives up the info.
Best plan I've seen yet, go with it.

clone
09-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Ok, all I got from them is that they have a couple of days open next week.
Is tool finishing recording next week?
Did tool finished using the studio some time ago?
Will tool take 2 days off and continue recording?
I don't know.

Anyway, If anyone is interested on recording some orchestra parts for your band's album on this studio, the rates are:
$150.00 per hour for Set-up
$250.00 per hour up to 30 pieces w/ a 3 hour minimum and (2) assistant engineers
$285.00 per hour over 30 pieces w/ a 3 hour minimum and (2) assistant engineers
$150.00 Flat Teardown fee
$350.00 for ProTools

man, that was useles, i feel stupid doing this.

Goldfoot
09-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I have a feeling they're done recording though...

Zeigler said that's where they WERE recording so either they are done, or they moved.

docder
09-28-2005, 04:23 PM
yeah, hopefully moved on to having the recording mastered...
Now, some of you may shudder at the thought, but maybe now it's in Portland, Maine at Sterling Sound! golly jeez, maybe i'll get a brownie point from insaner...

ATARI
09-28-2005, 04:53 PM
insaner what ever happened to him?

dracomordag
09-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Ok, all I got from them is that they have a couple of days open next week.
Is tool finishing recording next week?
Did tool finished using the studio some time ago?
Will tool take 2 days off and continue recording?
I don't know.

Anyway, If anyone is interested on recording some orchestra parts for your band's album on this studio, the rates are:
$150.00 per hour for Set-up
$250.00 per hour up to 30 pieces w/ a 3 hour minimum and (2) assistant engineers
$285.00 per hour over 30 pieces w/ a 3 hour minimum and (2) assistant engineers
$150.00 Flat Teardown fee
$350.00 for ProTools

man, that was useles, i feel stupid doing this.

Best proof I've seen that Tool is done recording.

Unless they're hood rich.

magnolia
09-28-2005, 05:14 PM
The "couple of free days" are just TOOL's days off. They're probably still recording.

Actually I have no idea, I just felt like bringing up the argument.

docder
09-28-2005, 06:16 PM
according to Scott Reeder, Adam is still in some studio. See Adam's myspace account for details....

48&2
09-28-2005, 07:42 PM
The "couple of free days" are just TOOL's days off. They're probably still recording.

Actually I have no idea, I just felt like bringing up the argument.

I don't know... wouldn't they just leave all their shit in the studio?

Tool Aenema462
09-28-2005, 08:08 PM
And I'm a pretty creapy looking guy, so if you need one of those...

And I've kinda got a girlish voice if you need one of those. LOL

magnolia
09-28-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't know... wouldn't they just leave all their shit in the studio?

Yeah you're right. I guess I'm used to the way independent bands book studio time. Sometimes they'd have to work around other dates etc, and push all their gear to the side or into a closet, then set up again.

But TOOL has no reason to work like that.