PDA

View Full Version : Album Description

TheRuleOfThree
09-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Of course, take this with a grain of salt. On TA someone posted that Ziegler from PLC posted this exact message...

the tools have put in a good year and a half working on the songs for this one.
mjk even has words and melodies for the tunes already!
and to be honest, i've heard all the demos for the cuts that are going on the album...
i was even asked to critque em a few times...haha(danny is nuts)!
and i can safely say this....
with a few epic 15 minute plus tunes in the program...
IMO... think "meddle" meets "master of reality" meets "discipline" meets "undertow".
on top of that, with joe barresi engineering....it's gonna be KILLER!
prog rock is gonna be crunchin' and slithering towards the masses once again in a few months!

choice!

thanx and cheers,
john Z

08-25-2005 11:36 AM

I'm trying to find out right now where exactly this was posted. I can't find it on the main site, but the guy that posted it in TA is a pretty reliable guy and doesn't bullshit. I'll update as soon as I know where it came from.

MrMcPheezy
09-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Nothing I didn't know already.

bluefire
09-26-2005, 10:32 AM
a year and a half is a long goddamn time to work on one album. But yeah, we pretty much knew that stuff.

Aquabot
09-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Of course, take this with a grain of salt. On TA someone posted that Ziegler from PLC posted this exact message...

and to be honest, i've heard all the demos for the cuts that are going on the album...
IMO... think "meddle" meets "master of reality" meets "discipline" meets "undertow".
prog rock is gonna be crunchin' and slithering towards the masses once again in a few months!

choice!

thanx and cheers,
john Z

I'm trying to find out right now where exactly this was posted. I can't find it on the main site, but the guy that posted it in TA is a pretty reliable guy and doesn't bullshit. I'll update as soon as I know where it came from.

Mmmmmmmm......15 Minute epics......sounds tasty!

bluefire
09-26-2005, 12:28 PM
gee what were the odds that a new tool record would be a mix of pink floyd, black sabbath, and king crimson? He doesn't have much to say in that post.

Perseensilmä
09-26-2005, 12:31 PM
I am worried about all of those Undertow references. I don't like too much the fact that it will be more like Undertow.

ARMZ
09-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Then go home and get some pants.....

Perseensilmä
09-26-2005, 12:48 PM
I would but my keys are in my pocket and my pocket is on my pants and my pants are at home.

s ti N Kfizt
09-26-2005, 12:51 PM
I am worried about all of those Undertow references. I don't like too much the fact that it will be more like Undertow.
Yeah... i like Undertow and Opiate very much but i don't want that Tool will go anything like it. But why to worry, it's going to be.........********

clone
09-26-2005, 12:57 PM

well, if it's 25% undertow, being the other 75% meddle, master of reality and discipline, i think there's nothing to worry about.

ATARI
09-26-2005, 02:05 PM
I love Meddle! :D

Bogart
09-26-2005, 02:13 PM

choice!

thanx and cheers,
john Z

thats pretty killer. im sure we'll know more in a couple of days with the newsletter

Goldfoot
09-26-2005, 03:21 PM

Don't misuse the word fact.

awaking
09-26-2005, 03:39 PM
maybe the more undertow means more songs less segues. straight up rock cd. not a trippy space feel

triad636
09-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Mmmmmmmm......15 Minute epics......sounds tasty!
i wonder how that would taste on a tool sandwich.. mmmmmm ;)

magnolia
09-26-2005, 03:52 PM
i wonder how that would taste on a tool sandwich.. mmmmmm ;)

a little like a reuben.

triad636
09-26-2005, 03:55 PM
a little like a reuben.
sweet

dracomordag
09-26-2005, 03:57 PM
That basically sums up what we all already knew about the album...

triad636
09-26-2005, 04:11 PM
That basically sums up what we all already knew about the album...
as does every thread.. along with false information..

ATARI
09-26-2005, 04:11 PM
I think it's saying a combination of the heavier undertow sound and strong progressiveness of lateralus (15 minute epic and Undertow sound. Unless it's a disgustipated kind of thing)

Defiant One
09-26-2005, 05:09 PM
I had an idea about the release date based on what Blair said in the last newsletter.
"After all that hard work in the recording studio, they would probably really enjoy hitting the links in S.C., followed by the standard bacchanalian midnight observances."
One could infer that they will have the album ready before the Feast of Bacchus(March 16-17). I don't know how to solve Blair's puzzles. What do you think?

MasterOfKtulu109
09-26-2005, 06:51 PM
I had an idea about the release date based on what Blair said in the last newsletter.
"After all that hard work in the recording studio, they would probably really enjoy hitting the links in S.C., followed by the standard bacchanalian midnight observances."
One could infer that they will have the album ready before the Feast of Bacchus(March 16-17). I don't know how to solve Blair's puzzles. What do you think?

it's gonna be out before the middle of march. they've already been recording for almost 2 months. it'll be out after xmas is my guess.

KJM
09-26-2005, 08:07 PM
The most important thing he says there is the music will be on it's way in a few months. That's Jan.

parabolofdecadence
09-26-2005, 10:43 PM
a little like a reuben.

or nothing like a reuben...I hate sourcrout...

UtUmNo1
09-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Sauerkraut?

TheRuleOfThree
09-27-2005, 03:14 PM
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98259

9th post down.

Just figured I'd follow up as promised with the source of the news.