PDA

View Full Version : maynard on the guitar

noisetherapy
09-25-2005, 05:08 PM
ok, i didnt really know where to post this, so i figured this would be as good a place than anywhere.

what songs does maynard play guitar on live?

i know of schism...

jakesstuff_69
09-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Triad as well, maybe Disposition, I don't remember. I'll have to watch the DVD.

fraz
09-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Triad as well, maybe Disposition, I don't remember. I'll have to watch the DVD.

classic!

I know he plays guitar on the noose for a perfect circle. I also remember he had his guitar on during the slow version of pushit.

Spongebob
09-25-2005, 06:29 PM
he plays it on reflection and disposition and triad and schism. i think thats it, im not sure how much he actually adds to the music with his guitar, he just wears it to feel important in the songs with harldy any singing.

i think he will be guitaring lots on the new album, if they have put it up several notches and its heavier as blair has said, then a second guitarist in maynard might be used on several songs.

Spoon
09-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Schism - uses it only to harmonize with open "a" notes before the heavier version of the main riff.

Disposition - plays the second/acoustic guitar parts from the album recording

Reflection - similar to Schism

Triad - plays a bass, not a guitar, very low level barely audible (to look like he's doing something on a song with no singing)

ARMZ
09-25-2005, 07:28 PM
He wasn't born with a guitar in his hands.........jjj

48&2
09-25-2005, 09:09 PM
He uses the steinberger occasionally...

TurdEye13
09-26-2005, 01:06 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with the new album!!!!

parabolofdecadence
09-26-2005, 11:13 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with the new album!!!!

I agree, damnit

TheNothingSong
09-27-2005, 01:02 AM
um, well how do they do eulogy live with one guitarist? on my recording theres 2 guitar tracks.
i'd say he plays the ticking part right at the start of the song..

varg
09-27-2005, 09:15 AM
um, well how do they do eulogy live with one guitarist? on my recording theres 2 guitar tracks.

On YOUR recording?
bwahahaha

mbolin5
09-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Uhmm, never, In all the live shows i have seen, whic h are quite a few, and very up close to the stage..he never plays one., just holds it.

Sure, he holds one during schism, but never did he make a single strum on that thing! I watched him intently just to see if he ever made a note with it, and so did the people i was with.

A great vocalist yes, a guitarist....................no.

He looks cool with it strapped on though.

5th Eye
09-27-2005, 11:08 AM
He only has one so he doesn't have to wear any clothes at all during concerts.

eulogys
09-27-2005, 11:41 AM

I've seen them do Eulogys live 5 times, 4 of them on the first leg of Lateralus, and not once did he play guitar. The ticking part is done by Danny.

DonnieDarko
09-27-2005, 02:33 PM
schism is the only one i remember seeing him do that

noisetherapy
09-27-2005, 04:08 PM
I've seen them do Eulogys live 5 times, 4 of them on the first leg of Lateralus, and not once did he play guitar. The ticking part is done by Danny.

im not so sure about that... only because using the A and D strings between the tune-o-matic and the tailpiece on my les paul sound nearly identical to the recording. but hey, with these guys you never know.

TheNothingSong
09-27-2005, 11:45 PM
On YOUR recording?
bwahahaha

i meant the live recording.
anyway, on the studio recording im sure that the guitars overlap, but perhaps when they do it live the drums begin to imitate the ticking on the bridge of the guitar, and then adams free for the main part.

harbong
09-28-2005, 09:58 AM
adam does the intro to eulogy.
mute the strings and tap the bridge with a piece of metal.