PDA

View Full Version : Selfishness

creator
09-21-2005, 01:55 PM
I posted this because by reading 2-3 pages of thoughts, i've found nothing but struggles over religion, bill hicks etc. It kinda got me angry

What is the first step for evolution? To realise one's position within the universe in order to improve it. This cannot be done if we still center our thinking on us. This is why I belived that, in the context of the album (which ends the evolution process), it continues the "waking up" sequence started by stinkfist.

Yes, we have the worshippers and worshiped one as most of you suggested. In my wiew, there's nothing about religion in this one. However, the song perfectly fits the bill hicks theory but that is not important at all. What matters here is perspective because I see the song focused rather on the worshipers.

Have you ever lost someone you cared more than for yourself? Have you ever lost your God? (Not just quit some stupid church...) well, you feel angry, abandoned (would you die for me/ don't you lie), lost. And you blame the person that "died" for this. That is why eulogy is a real eulogy. Lines like "he had a lot of nothing to say" are a poetical reflection of anger. He (the worshiped one) left me, so I (the worshiper) was wrong about him. He was a liar (yes, i reject - out of fustration all my prevoius feelings - about him) and he didn't deserved me.We are never guilty. We were the ones that were left and it's all his fault.

So i believe the song points at hypocrisy and selfishness. Its's not only that people follow blindly their "gods" (which is not eben explicitly shown in eulogy) ,but also that they're actually unable to do it till the end. They abandon, reject and forget according to their interests.

Sorry for being too general. If u followed, you may see that this can be aplied to many things, even a relationship. Ofcourse, there is also a more subtle approach to what i said (an interior fight - the worshipper tries to convince himself that the worshiped one ment nothing to him althought he knows is wrong: verses such as"like i care at all" - that's not a cold statement, it's a desperate one in which the speaker may not even believe) but leave it be.

Yes, i see so much pain in this song...

pathological2
09-24-2005, 02:25 PM
I agree that there is much pain in this song. You could almost say it's the pain that kills.

varg
10-14-2005, 10:31 PM
I agree that there is much pain in this song. You could almost say it's the pain that kills.

I agree fully.
People are so blind.

moneyisevil
10-29-2005, 02:28 PM
ahh cool stuff never looked at it like that