PDA

View Full Version : One Mind

pathological2
09-21-2005, 01:45 PM
"we are all one mind"
Anyone think that the "we" is the different voices in your head? Like remembering that the spirit inside is part of my mind, as well as my disease. The good and bad, both. In this case though, it's remembering the good is there.

awaking
09-21-2005, 02:24 PM
i think its referring to the "as below so above an beyond" theory but yeah you coud be right..
as below so above n beyond is literally.. the ground the sky and everything else is all one.

FireWakizashi
09-25-2005, 06:47 PM
I believe that the "we" is referring rather to the entire human race. The whole song is obviously talking about eliminating our egos, and in doing so allowing us to feel so much more for others. If our egos were no longer existent, we would no longer think merely for our own benefits. By saying, "We are all one mind," I can only think that it is a metaphor expressing the connection we would feel to everyone around us. No longer would we think merely about ourselves, but instead, "we".

magnolia
09-25-2005, 11:17 PM
i think its referring to the "as below so above an beyond" theory but yeah you coud be right..
as below so above n beyond is literally.. the ground the sky and everything else is all one.

this has to be what it's based on. lateralus speaks of it too.

zacev
09-26-2005, 08:31 AM
"we are all one mind"
Anyone think that the "we" is the different voices in your head? Like remembering that the spirit inside is part of my mind, as well as my disease. The good and bad, both. In this case though, it's remembering the good is there.

No, means society (the world)

explain further.. if i'm wrong

pathological2
09-29-2005, 06:47 PM
I just think that when he says "we" he is referring to the parts of himself. Maynard is deep like that. "Leave this place behind so negative and blind and cynical". Remember "we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion". I think that "we" is you and your soul or spirit or god inside. Realize that I am here, cause with that awareness and connection, I can leave THAT place behind!

It's kind of like when he says "no one is innocent" in Intolerance. "No one" meaning yourself and the enemy. No one involved in the conflict at hand. Not every human.

Foamy
10-16-2005, 12:38 PM
"we are all one mind"
I dont think so. I think he's reffering to the collective unconcious. I cant believe nobody has pointed that out, it seems obvious to me.

TheNothingSong
10-16-2005, 09:20 PM
^ yeah, without having a rant. firewaz.. is the closest.

we are all one mind - direct connection to collective unconcious

pryingopenmy3rdeye
10-18-2005, 06:32 PM
I believe that the "we" is referring rather to the entire human race. The whole song is obviously talking about eliminating our egos, and in doing so allowing us to feel so much more for others. If our egos were no longer existent, we would no longer think merely for our own benefits. By saying, "We are all one mind," I can only think that it is a metaphor expressing the connection we would feel to everyone around us. No longer would we think merely about ourselves, but instead, "we".

I totally agree with you. While tripping on shrooms for the first time this past summer i realized how close we (the human race) are connected and never really realized that we are all truly "one mind". Its really hard for me to explain but thats my jist on it.