PDA

View Full Version : scary voices and beauty

yllwcrystlstr
02-21-2003, 12:21 PM
when i noticed the quiet voices in this song, they made me think of something scary or menacing, something hiding in shadows that would make you go insane if you truely saw it. But I have discovered the beauty in the whole song. It was hard to listen to the song with those voices, it seemed to make the noise ugly and turn everything black. But just listen to those voices and then Maynard singing along with them. It's one of the most subtly beautiful things I've ever heard.

Nirvana
02-23-2003, 02:08 AM
so you are scared for something beautifull... WOW... explain some more will ya

yllwcrystlstr
02-23-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Nirvana
so you are scared for something beautifull... WOW... explain some more will ya

no, it was just weird at first, when I heard the voices. It seemed to bring this demonic kind of sound into such a beautiful song. But now I realize what it is, and it is all beauty.

Nirvana
02-23-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by yllwcrystlstr
no, it was just weird at first, when I heard the voices. It seemed to bring this demonic kind of sound into such a beautiful song. But now I realize what it is, and it is all beauty.

well ok... so because you didnt know what it ment.. you think it was weird... well.. thats funny to... nothing of TOOL is weird..

yllwcrystlstr
02-23-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Nirvana
well ok... so because you didnt know what it ment.. you think it was weird... well.. thats funny to... nothing of TOOL is weird..

weird as in unexpected....it totally changed what i was hearing, but you probably arent thinking what i think of it. It might be just me.

Nirvana
02-24-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by yllwcrystlstr
weird as in unexpected....it totally changed what i was hearing, but you probably arent thinking what i think of it. It might be just me.

im sure there are more people who think you are right... im sure you arent the only one... and even if you are... well nothing wrong... thats cool

xXlotusXx
03-11-2003, 02:25 PM
i would have to agree with you that it is a bit "dark and scary" sounding, but i think that the darkness, and mysteriousness of it all is what makes it so beautiful. for me, i really love dark and mysterious beauty, whether it be music, art, or even people.

i would also have to agree with the "out of body experience" being parabol, and then parabola being when the spirit is pulled back into the body. hence the line, "this body, this body holding me, rememinding me that i am not alone" and being that he is not alone, that could be the other dark voices that accompany his singing in parabol.

FlamingEye
03-21-2003, 01:45 PM
in my opinion, i dont think that this song is scary at all. i think it is just a beautiful song.