PDA

View Full Version : Lateralus and kabbalah....and the hidden sounds

yllwcrystlstr
02-21-2003, 11:59 AM
does anyone in here know Hebrew? I'm thinking about translating all the lyrics into hebrew, then seeing what Sepher Sephiroth has to say. the only problem is I am not good with hebrew yet, and to translate ALL the lyrics wrong would be a pain.
As for the LA TE RA LUS element theory in the other thread, check out the numerations of those separate words in hebrew (at least LA and RA).
Does anyone know if the 'hidden sounds' in "The Patient" are made by a synthesizer? They start at 0:22. Not really hidden, but you wouldnt notice unless you tried. And the thing is, the same kind of sounds are throughout the album, and I dont think it is simply a synthesizer. They are part of the hidden meaning/s.

holy reality
02-21-2003, 04:42 PM
As for the LA TE RA LUS element theory in the other thread, check out the numerations of those separate words in hebrew (at least LA and RA).

I hate people that say they know something and then they won't tell you, so if you know what it means why withold the info from us? That's just pointless......I don't have the time to look that up, and I wouldn't know where to begin.

I'm just gonna make a wild guess and say somehow it equals 666.

yllwcrystlstr
02-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by holy reality
I hate people that say they know something and then they won't tell you, so if you know what it means why withold the info from us? That's just pointless......I don't have the time to look that up, and I wouldn't know where to begin.

I'm just gonna make a wild guess and say somehow it equals 666.

ra = "Light"
la = "god of Chesed, and of Kether of Briah"

KCh
02-26-2003, 10:47 AM
The problem with hebrew is that it never has an exact equvilant in english, so a translation can be different for everyone.

In hebrew words can have a multitude of meanings, so you would essentially be translating for yourself.

I do not think Tool would go this far to put something 'hidden' within the album, because if you think about it nearly anything can be 'seen' as a connection or a 'hidden' meaning. but really 95% of the time its just the the person 'accepting' something completly arbituary as a sign.

I'm certain you would find 'something' interesting on the Gematria of Lateralus, as you can find these connections in everything around you. What you really need to ask yourself is what you intend to discover by doing it without having the pre-tense in your mind that Tool would intentionaly go through and calculate everything in the album so that someone who had the requsit keys would discover it. The important discoveries happen when you least expect it.

yllwcrystlstr
02-26-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by KCh
The problem with hebrew is that it never has an exact equvilant in english, so a translation can be different for everyone.

In hebrew words can have a multitude of meanings, so you would essentially be translating for yourself.

I do not think Tool would go this far to put something 'hidden' within the album, because if you think about it nearly anything can be 'seen' as a connection or a 'hidden' meaning. but really 95% of the time its just the the person 'accepting' something completly arbituary as a sign.

I'm certain you would find 'something' interesting on the Gematria of Lateralus, as you can find these connections in everything around you. What you really need to ask yourself is what you intend to discover by doing it without having the pre-tense in your mind that Tool would intentionaly go through and calculate everything in the album so that someone who had the requsit keys would discover it. The important discoveries happen when you least expect it.

very true.....so, is KCh hebrew? or am i looking too hard?

KCh
02-26-2003, 04:13 PM
It is hebrew for 'Power'.

Picked it up while going through 777, my parents and family members always called me KC and still do so I decided to use it.

Dissonance
03-13-2003, 11:53 AM
If you're going to study hebrew and the Kabbalah, dont rely on Aleister Crowley... He isnt a reliable commentator on that sort of thing. I own a Zohar and I own some Crowley, and he just doesnt have anything relevant to contribute to the study of Kabbalah. Crowley likes "mix-and-match" spirituality. He just mixes up Enochian magick systems, Gnostic systems, and just a dash of gematria and a teensy bit of Kabbalah. So I recommend using a different source if you want true accuracy. Just my two cents.