PDA

View Full Version : guns n roses portion of august newsletter...

drone007
09-18-2005, 07:27 PM
any people here think that the portion about guns n roses in the last newsletter has some relevance to the tool album? it can be viewed by using "view source" on the newsletter.

im sure some of you have some ideas about this.

also, i thought it was interesting, although not necessarily important that the picture of the marker board with the rams head next to it, is actually made in Flash. the rest of the pics are pure jpg's, but this one is a flash image, i scrolled over it checking for a hidden link or something, but to no avail...

EDIT: i see people have already noticed the flash picture... derr.. i dont think the gnr stuff is a repost though..

Tyson
09-18-2005, 07:43 PM
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>TOOL : NEWS</TITLE>
<LINK href="../toolband.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
</HEAD>

<frameset rows="125,*" FRAMEBORDER="NO" BORDER="0" framespacing=0 bordercolor="#000000">
<frame src="../nav.php?whoa=news" name="nav" FRAMEBORDER=NO SCROLLING="NO" MARGINHEIGHT=1>

<frameset cols="85, *" FRAMEBORDER="NO" BORDER="0" framespacing=0 bordercolor="#000000">
<frame src="../meat.html" name="side" FRAMEBORDER=NO SCROLLING="NO">
<frame src="main.php" name="main" FRAMEBORDER=NO SCROLLING="AUTO">
</frameset>

</frameset>

<noframes>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
Sorry, this site requires a frames-compatible browser.
</body>
</noframes>

</html>

KroniKlepto
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
is that jordan capri tyson? you could have picked a better LS girl...

Goldfoot
09-18-2005, 07:53 PM
http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=627128&postcount=104

drone007
09-18-2005, 07:54 PM
<!-- This was about the time I spent Christmas with Axl Rose. I shit you not. This was a few years ago, I having been invited to the singer's Malibu home by my friend Chris Pitman (who, at the time, was in Guns N' Roses - hell, he might still be!). This was no major gathering (to say the least). As I recall there was only Axl, his brother, a female personal assistant, Chris and myself. But I remember that when I arrived, Axl was in the kitchen, peering into the refrigerator, looking for the ingredients to make a crude secret sauce, the color of which reminded me of the gooey stuff slathered on Dog N' Suds burgers (an all but forgotten Midwest chain of drive-ins with carhops).
<P>
This prompted a discussion of gut rumbles from the past, and, in that Axl grew up in the Midwest (from some paradise city in Indiana, I think), he was quite familiar with those rather unremarkable Dog N' Suds charbroiled burgers all dressed up with their secret sauce (yep, just like those in Fast Times at Ridgemont High). In fact, on this starry Christmas evening, it seemed as if he was maybe even attempting to duplicate the Dog N' Suds secret. In case you're wondering, the rest of the evening was fairly uneventful, no wild drinking, drugs or riots. A traditional X-mas dinner with all the trimmings (traditional save for the fact that the turkey had TWO hearts, a little detail that I wouldn't be able to share with you had Axl's people convinced me to sign a confidentiality agreement) was served well after midnight, and then around 3:00 AM (if memory serves me right) lots of presents under the tinsel-festooned tree were opened (many of them being of a robotic nature). There was even a couple under there with my name on them, meaning that Axl had a pretty good personal assistant!
-->
<!-- <P>
So, why did I bring up that Christmas spent with Axl Rose (Toolies and TA)? Well, I can tell you that, even though it might not seem to be the case, there's a bit more going on here than just grease stains from a secret burgers, vintage or otherwise.
-->
<P>

drone007
09-18-2005, 07:56 PM
"This is the newsletter that you get... because lawyers drafted IT (a confidentiality agreement) and I signed IT, not with blood like that compact (pacta cum daemonibus) the members of the band signed all those years ago in looking-glass letters with their magisterulus, but with ordinary ink from an ordinary pen, evidently (oxyopia being what it is) the property of some guy who lived in Chicago back in the 1920s, who, immortalized for his yielding willingly to the commands of others (ladies, I'll bet!), lives on today. All of which leads me to wonder... who left the door unlocked? ENTER...but pay no attention to those black candles burning between goats horns... nor to the offertory bowl filled with crimson-colored Jelly Bellys (?) These things are for the "puffers" (i.e. magically unsophisticated or those susceptible to Xian propaganda) among you, as are those waxen images and clay poppets... even said compact with conventional Latin contractions spelled backwards. "

SOOOO... put this paragraph (which does appear in the editted newsletter) and compare it with the material that has been omitted (psted above.) what does it mean?

i don't want to hinder people's creativ minds, but i think the turkey may be the focus here. it has two hearts, could this mean the new cd will in fact be a double disc? This may make sense in light of the fact that lateralus was filled to the physical brim, maybe this time they aren't restricted to one disc... ?

Goldfoot
09-18-2005, 07:57 PM
http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=626369&postcount=77

TenSpeed
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
[waits for BJ to yell at us]

Tyson
09-18-2005, 08:29 PM
is that jordan capri tyson? you could have picked a better LS girl...

I doubt it.

waffel
09-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Lacey White is probably my fav one.

KroniKlepto
09-19-2005, 11:02 AM
no way... stacy bride is perfect.

Ocelot199
09-19-2005, 12:25 PM
I hate Guns n' Roses. How can you listen to that guy for more than like, a minute?

And on subject: so?

triad636
09-19-2005, 12:27 PM
I hate Guns n' Roses. How can you listen to that guy for more than like, a minute?

And on subject: so?
i like the music part of guns and roses.. but not the lyrics.. A R sux at singing.. or it may be an aquired taste which i dont have...

Perseensilmä
09-19-2005, 12:28 PM
I actually like g n r.

triad636
09-19-2005, 12:29 PM
I actually like g n r.
even when AR sounds like hes having an orgasm in a song? heh

Perseensilmä
09-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Even then.

triad636
09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Even then.
respect antti.. respect ;)

Perseensilmä
09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
You know myu name, weird nad scary.....

triad636
09-19-2005, 12:37 PM
You know myu name, weird nad scary.....
were you pills aswell?? heh i always thought antti was pills, is it true?

Perseensilmä
09-19-2005, 12:39 PM
were you pills aswell?? heh i always thought antti was pills, is it true?

This is getting weirder and weirder... Do you know my address?

How can anyone even remember some antti-dude?

triad636
09-19-2005, 12:43 PM
This is getting weirder and weirder... Do you know my address?

How can anyone even remember some antti-dude?
well, it reminded me from the forum solomonral and saturnist made.. cuz you are there as antti and i remeber you from here cuz im on tdn a lot.. i dont remeber what you got banned for as antti but if you are pills the reason you were banned grossed me out ;( lol

Perseensilmä
09-19-2005, 12:48 PM
who would click a link that is somehow connected to a girl taking a bath?

triad636
09-19-2005, 12:49 PM
who would click a link that is somehow connected to a girl taking a bath?
i didnt read what you had, and second i had never seen "tubgirl" before, and to top it off i was eating cereal :( ...

mike tyson
09-19-2005, 01:08 PM
i really hope axl is on the new album

Perseensilmä
09-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Me too

Bogart
09-19-2005, 07:19 PM
i really hope axl is on the new album
i hope slash plays bass

UtUmNo1
09-20-2005, 01:04 AM
I hope the Sweet Child O' Mine riff is included somewhere.

s ti N Kfizt
09-20-2005, 05:09 AM
Guns N' Roses' debut rocks.

Bogart
09-20-2005, 09:34 AM
the secret sauce is thousand island dressing, hmmm iwonder what that has to do with the new album

Goldfoot
09-20-2005, 10:27 AM
http://toolnavy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99

Bogart
09-20-2005, 10:55 AM
indeed

triad636
09-20-2005, 05:23 PM
nicely done ;) i agree

Carny_Handles
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Sweet, a double tool cd!! im really excited now.

KJM
09-22-2005, 04:14 AM
The new tool album is actually axle's long awaited "Chinese Democracy" album. Tool is the new GnR.

Aquabot
09-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Just to add fuel to fire......

I read on Blabbermouth that the rumor now is that Chinese Democracy will be release early next year. Maybe the reference to GnR and the dual hearts could mean that the new TOOL album and Chinese Democracy will share the same release date? Who knows. My uncle's, daughter's, boyfriend's, best friend's, goldfish thought up this connection.

Bogart
09-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Just to add fuel to fire......

I read on Blabbermouth that the rumor now is that Chinese Democracy will be release early next year. Maybe the reference to GnR and the dual hearts could mean that the new TOOL album and Chinese Democracy will share the same release date? Who knows. My uncle's, daughter's, boyfriend's, best friend's, goldfish thought up this connection.
interesting

KJM
09-22-2005, 12:27 PM
It's suppose to come out early next year every year. It's like a fucking groundhog. If you don't hear it's coming out early next year every year christmas comes late or something.

ATARI
09-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Dumb groundhog

Aquabot
09-23-2005, 05:09 AM
Dumb groundhog

I hate groundhogs anyway.

Hubbard
09-23-2005, 10:13 AM
LS girls eh.... I went to school with Jordan and Tawnee. No, those aren't their real names, but they are their real initials.

waffel
09-23-2005, 10:29 AM
LS girls eh.... I went to school with Jordan and Tawnee. No, those aren't their real names, but they are their real initials.

Did you masturbate to them?

Tertius Oculum
09-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Did you masturbate to them?
He's a [NO]MO he can't masturbate!